Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth (3801 Views)

I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ahnie: 3:32pm On May 08, 2023
Sweetie rest in Jesus name,you have disturbed me with enough mentions for today,give others chance to disturb me with mentions.
Uten9z:

Well I don't knw were you get ur statistics from but if a woman earns more and try to help without been asked or expect the husband crawls to her feet to request assist , the mate will certainly be grateful to God .

I can't say for the other 96% ur assuming to but I am sure me and probably your Dad cannot be with them.

My mother was in Health sector and earns far better than my Dad until things happens and she gladly paid our fees and I can't remember anytime there was quarrel btw them.

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by sreamsense: 3:36pm On May 08, 2023
floret23:
What will you do if you are in my position and feeling deeply hurt.

Some men have bitter experiences both in relationship and some in marriages.
There is nothing new again in this world that has never been heard. Truely, it is painful experience for husband to discover that unexpectedly. However, he doesn't need to act irrationally outside boundary to safe his family from collapse because of his children. For wife to remain humble to that extend without dragging issue further means she has already learnt her lesson because it was not done intentionally. The wife is likely the cause of the problem and not parents. Parents might not really know anything about it; they may think she is carrying her husband along. For the wife to get humbled to extent of giving back everything in her father and her name to be rename and resold means it was not intentionally done.

So far the lesson has been learnt by parents and the wife, husband should just call the wife and her families together, tell them why he was angry and settle the matter except the husband doesn't want the wife to take care of her family members. For how long will he keep nuturing the wound? As a man, he had already made point to the wife and her family. Keep taking responsibility as before if he is capable without minding much how the wife spends the money to avoid causing more damages to himself. It is the duty of man to take responsibility of wife if he is buoyant enough to do so without asking question, however; if he is not too financially buoyant, just call the wife and tell her how much from her salary she should be contributing on monthly basis to support him like 1/4 or half of her salary while the man contribute times two on monthly basis.

Lessons have been learnt by all parties involved, husband should get heal fast and forget totally about the issue as a man. He made mistakes, he doesn't even need to start selling this and tuat he already bought for the wife when the wife is not even confrontational to the division, it means he needs to grow up enough as a man to face more marital challenges that may come along his way in future. He is going extreme by not forgetting about the issue on time and move on.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Psady(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Abegi, men should learn not to have eyes for their wives earnings, it's a sign of an irresponsible man
so u had done likewise? Then what's the essense of marriage,most women are wired this way,I really pity men that keep such as a wife.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by world123: 5:15pm On May 08, 2023
Wonderful
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by olamilekan9(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Abegi, men should learn not to have eyes for their wives earnings, it's a sign of an irresponsible man
you re a fool,a very big one at that...mugu

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Oloki: 6:19pm On May 08, 2023
doggedfighter:
This is an old story.
Shared here.

Women were torn to pieces the day it was posted.

You copied it again ?

Thank you o. I thought I was the only one that knows. The first time it was posted, it make front page and there was gender war that time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Jozilinn: 7:18pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Abeg dey talk with sense what's now the meaning of marriage 🤔

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ItisWell22(f): 8:01pm On May 08, 2023
Zionmdde:
OP don't worry women are like that
Stop looking at her money, if you have kids, take good care of them, feed them, chest your bills. That's what makes you a man.

You can stop giving her monet or buying things like you did before, but you see feeding, rent, school fees and the basic necessities, please chest them like a man while you save up in case. The woman is keeping plan Bs, you too can do the same

But if that's the only issue, please don't destroy your marriage. It's easy for people outside to always tell you to divorce on every flimsy reasons, marriages that have lasted the test of time had one of the partners playing a fool

A man and more! 🙌
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by njelrapheal: 8:28pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

So i have been seeing some of your comments here on nairaland for sometime. Two things. Its either you are here for the banter or you are clearly stupid.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 08, 2023
njelrapheal:

So i have been seeing some of your comments here on nairaland for sometime. Two things. Its either you are here for the banter or you are clearly stupid.
Who are you talking to

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by AbarisFather(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2023
floret23:

#copied
bad meet evil ☹️🥺😞😟😦
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by freddie009(m): 10:25pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Brother, hustle, hustle not everyone no will end up rich no matter how hardworking one wants to be, this is the sad reality. I shake my head when I see some couples the man looking scrawny and malnourish while the wives and kids look so fresh because the man is doing the job alone, he is trying to prove to be a man. That's why men die early because of stress, my friend get married to a woman who can assist you if you eventually make it big thank God.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by GboyegaD(m): 10:37pm On May 08, 2023
floret23:

Reading this gave me goose pimples. I can't say this is what I would do if I were in his shoes as I pray and hope never to find myself in such a position. But if it happens, I would think it is because I slacked because if you know every penny I earn, I expect that level of openness from my wife. I wish he can forgive if he can and I hope this will open up deeper level of communication between them.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by udeh3(m): 11:36pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

You clearly don't understand the principles of marriage. Two becomes one. If you're a one-man Mopol, you don't need to marry then. The day you marry, you stop being yourself. You now live for yourselves. If you can't sacrifice humility, trustworthiness and togetherness, please, don't marry.

If the man built a house and never told the woman, how will you feel?

Secrets in marriage is a time bomb waiting to explode and when it does...

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by udeh3(m): 11:44pm On May 08, 2023
Oloki:

Thank you o. I thought I was the only one that knows. The first time it was posted, it make front page and there was gender war that time grin grin grin

Whether it was posted in ages doesn't change the fact that it happened somewhere to someone who genuinely love his wife and family. I struggle to see ladies condemn this act by the woman. Anything you don't condemn, you support!

I'm just seeing the post now and it gave lots of lessons. So, I will say, sharing or reposting it gave me the opportunity to see the story. Never think of yourself, think of others like me who never saw the story until now, what about that?

Marriage is an institution built on trust. Guide it jealously!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by udeh3(m): 11:52pm On May 08, 2023
Zionmdde:
Stop looking at her money, if you have kids, take good care of them, feed them, chest your bills. That's what makes you a man.

You can stop giving her monet or buying things like you did before, but you see feeding, rent, school fees and the basic necessities, please chest them like a man while you save up in case. The woman is keeping plan Bs, you too can do the same

But if that's the only issue, please don't destroy your marriage. It's easy for people outside to always tell you to divorce on every flimsy reasons, marriages that have lasted the test of time had one of the partners playing a fool

Women aren't like that, her altitude and actions aided by her parents were wrong. If someone is open to you in marriage, the best thing is to reciprocate

Let's learn the act of condemning wrong doings regardless of the gender, then we can now talk of the way forward

My mother whom I love so much earn far than my dad... But the respect and humility was topnotch. We only knew when we all grew up. The society today has so much put responsibility on the male child. So, just being a male child already has the pressures of life stiring at you. And if God wants to bless you for life, He gives you a good partner. As a man, a good wife and as a female, a good husband

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ghettochild(m): 12:40am On May 09, 2023
This was posted last year but it still serves as a reminder that marriage requires honesty from day 1.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by DesChyko: 1:14am On May 09, 2023
Damn.

It'll take a while to come back from this.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ednut1(m): 2:47am On May 09, 2023
ahnie:
Recycled old news.as usual nairaland anti women Schmidts go carry the matter for head
. This is a serious issue going on in Nigeria. My mums tenants once confided in me as i was staying in the house at that point. Opened wine and alcohol shop for his wife but lost his job later at apapa port. His wife refused to assist with rent , he owed my mum for a long time. Meanwhile the wife’s shop was making huge sales . Many houses and land in ikorodu, ayobo, ikotun , abule egba etc were bought by women in the mid 2000s without their husband knowing. Any woman that does my money is my money and your money is our money is a devil.😜

2 Likes

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by cococandy(f): 5:10am On May 09, 2023
I thought men don’t like women who rub their wealth in your face?

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by mrblessed(m): 5:24am On May 09, 2023
floret23:

Even though I know this story is fabricated, it's the sort of things an average Nigerian woman do. An average Nigerian woman believes she has an unqualified right to use her money as she sees fit, and has tremendous control on how her husband spends his money.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:19am On May 09, 2023
ahnie:
The problems of men in this Nigeria are women,lil things from the female folks give them flaccid erektion

Disregard if this is an old news, you are reffering to this as little thing? Diverting it's merits as things from women folks.

Truly critical thinking skills is becoming endangered.

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Oloki: 7:22am On May 09, 2023
udeh3:

Whether it was posted in ages doesn't change the fact that it happened somewhere to someone who genuinely love his wife and family. I struggle to see ladies condemn this act by the woman. Anything you don't condemn, you support!

I'm just seeing the post now and it gave lots of lessons. So, I will say, sharing or reposting it gave me the opportunity to see the story. Never think of yourself, think of others like me who never saw the story until now, what about that?

Marriage is an institution built on trust. Guide it jealously!

Why are you taking my post personal?

We all condemned what the woman did in it's entirety but at time repeatimg some post can be boring
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:25am On May 09, 2023
Zionmdde:

How do you save up for plan B when you are cheating all the bills?

The problem I see is that a lot of people do not discuss finance during courtship before they land themselves in marriage. You can all of a sudden change the mindset of a party as regards finance in marriage.

All of these discussions will put forward the way different parties reason making crisis situations fewer during marriage.

Most most will always 'chest the bill' just as you put it but will secretly wish help comes from the other party. Why wish rather than go into discussion to make life easy for the benefit of everyone in the family.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by MrDoGood(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Not have eyes sir.

Are you married? If not, you won't understand.

The.wife would have told him and he still won't care about her money.

Listen, just be open to your spouse in every area. This creates more trust and understanding. You read where he talked about how he paid the wife the money for car. You saw the stress right?
This man is your other half for crying out loud. I'm not saying he should feed on the wife's money. With the way he talked, he won't even care about her money. But most people still places their family first before their husband or wife. It's absolutely wrong

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Zionmdde: 8:23am On May 09, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

How do you save up for plan B when you are cheating all the bills?

The problem I see is that a lot of people do not discuss finance during courtship before they land themselves in marriage. You can all of a sudden change the mindset of a party as regards finance in marriage.

All of these discussions will put forward the way different parties reason making crisis situations fewer during marriage.

Most most will always 'chest the bill' just as you put it but will secretly wish help comes from the other party. Why wish rather than go into discussion to make life easy for the benefit of everyone in the family.

I am advising the OP who is already married. All those discuss this discuss that before courtship is no longer his concern

Yes everybody will secretly need help from their partners. Infact some people will wish their partners chest the entire bill while they rest and flex. But should he end the marriage because the woman decided to be stingy and greedy? Children are now involved and he should take care of his children, it's the man's responsibility to cater for his home. It's unfortunate the woman won't help.
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by udeh3(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2023
Oloki:

We all condemned what the woman did in it's entirety but at time repeatimg some post can be boring

Sincerely, I'm not taking your post personal. I for one never knew the post was a repeated one. You could see the numbers of traction it gave. This is to tell you the post is still very relevant. So, relevant post should be reposted for more persons to see and engage in them.

I learnt from this post cos it was reposted

U Gerrit!
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by bukhety(f): 8:41am On May 09, 2023
cococandy:
I thought men don’t like women who rub their wealth in your face?
grin grin grin
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Dzzzz: 8:59am On May 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
..This only mean one thing”You are a compound fool..”..Them still dey talk of woman wey get money and you wey no get shishi dey talk..The post is not for Olosho’s but hardworking women

1 Like

Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by Dzzzz: 9:01am On May 09, 2023
Bro you be man..No mind any uselsss bitch that says otherwise here..Broke girls have no say on this..
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by floret23(f): 1:11pm On May 09, 2023
Oloki:

Would you die if you you skip or ignore it?
Re: My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth by wunmi590(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2023

This is old story now, about 3-4years ago, that emanated from twitter then...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can My Son Do To Keep Busy After Junior Waec(jss3) / “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady / Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.