Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Morning Dews Devotionals - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Dews Devotionals (3065 Views)

Christian Daily Devotional From Devotionals Bible / ROYAL HOUSE OF JESUS CHRISTIAN CENTRE (Today with JESUS Devotionals) / Daily Devotionals, Christian Dream Interpretation, Spiritual Warfare Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 07, 2023
The Bad Thing about More
You must not covet. . . . You must not covet.

Exodus 20:17

Having too much is rarely a recipe for peace, though it’s tempting to think so. When you have lots of stuff, you need to spend lots of time paying for it and lots of time taking care of it. Our many possessions can tie us down, making it difficult to respond to opportunities God gives. Oddly, having too much often makes us want to have even more.

In his classic book on the Sabbath, Abraham Joshua Heschel points out that when modern people want to emphasize something in print, we often underline or italicize words. The Bible and other forms of ancient literature used a different tactic—repeating words within the text, as if to say, “Listen and listen up!” Deuteronomy 16:20, for instance, says, “Justice, and only justice, you shall pursue, so that you may live and occupy the land that the Lord your God is giving you” (nrsv). Isaiah 40:1 declares, “‘Comfort, comfort my people,’ says your God.”

Heschel points out that only one of the Ten Commandments is proclaimed twice, and that’s the last one, which goes like this: “Do not covet your neighbor’s house. Do not covet your neighbor’s wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else your neighbor owns” (Exodus 20:17).By emphasizing the command, God puts a double fence around our tendency to want more, especially if the more that we want belongs to someone else.
You may not feel wealthy compared to those around you, but most of us who are living in the affluent West are rich compared to the rest of the world. No matter how much we have, all of us can fall into the temptation of coveting what we don’t have. If you find yourself stressed out by everything you own, ask God for help and wisdom to begin paring things down. Then listen and listen up so you can experience more of God’s peace in your life!

Father, I have so many things I don’t need and don’t even use. Give me the desire to live a life of greater simplicity.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2023
Putting the other guy first

“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Ro 12:10 NIV

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn’t matter who gets the credit.” Most people know about Isaac Newton’s famed encounter with a falling apple; how he introduced the law of universal gravitation and revolutionized astronomical studies. But few people know that had it not been for a man called Edmond Halley, the world may never have heard of Newton. Halley was the one who urged Newton to think through his original theories, corrected his mathematical mistakes, and formulated geometrical figures to support his discoveries. It was Halley who persuaded a hesitant Newton to write his great work The Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy. And it was Halley who edited and supervised its publication and financed its printing, even though Newton was wealthier and could better have afforded the cost. Historians have called Halley’s affiliation with Newton one of the most selfless cases in science. Newton began almost immediately to reap the rewards of prominence, but Halley received little credit. He did use the principles Newton established to forecast the orbit and return of a comet that would later bear his name. But since Halley’s Comet returns once every seventy-six years, relatively few people still hear his name. However, Halley didn’t care who got the credit as long as the cause of science was advanced. He personified what it means to live by this scriptural principle: “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Anytime God gives you an opportunity to put others first and yourself second, grab it and run with it.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2023
Art/SerenityPrayer.jpg
READ JOSHUA 1:1-9

There probably have been times when we all had high hopes for a promising life—before those hopes were dashed. But then, through the crazy and chaotic circumstances of growing up, we learned to settle for a life that was far less than what we had once hoped for.

God led the nation of Israel out of bondage in Egypt, through the wilderness, and to the edge of the Promised Land. But as the Israelites stood on the border looking into the fruitful and prosperous land of Canaan, they lacked the faith and courage to go in because of the scouts’ reports of the powerful “giants” living there. Joshua was one of the few who had the faith to enter, but because of the others, he was held back. Forty years later the chance came again. Just before he entered the land, the Lord told him, “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

We may have concluded that a good and healthy life is reserved for people who are better or stronger than we are, but there is a Promised Land for each one of us. Jeremiah 29:11 says: “ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’ ” We need to be courageous. We need to believe that there can be good things in life for us. We, too, can be encouraged that regardless of our own past failures and those of our family, we can start again. We can find our way out of the chaos of the wilderness into the Promised Land of productive and healthy living.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Learn to disagree, agreeably

“Clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” Col 3:12 NLT

John Gray wrote the best-selling book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. His underlying thesis is this: In order to get along with someone, you have to try and see life from their perspective. And that’s not easy. Paul writes: “Clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts” (vv. 12-15 NLT). Those who need others to think and act exactly the way they do are often masking insecurities. They have a deep-seated need to have their views and actions confirmed in the behavior and thoughts of others. But that’s not how life works. Disagreements happen in any relationship where more than one person is involved. We are all unique, and we are not likely to agree on everything. But the way we approach our disagreements can determine whether our relationship makes it to the finish line. Fighting fair, opening yourself to the ideas of others and to new ways of doing things, is how you grow. And who knows, in the end you may even “agree to disagree.” The important thing is to respect the other person’s ideas and seek to create an environment where the two of you can feel free to express your feelings and be who you really are without fear of being judged.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 11, 2023
God: the source of your confidence

“Those who trust in the Lord…cannot be shaken.” Ps 125:1 NIV

People are naturally attracted to leaders who convey poise and self-assurance; they won’t follow one who lacks self-confidence. An excellent illustration of this is an incident that took place in Russia during an attempted coup. Army tanks encircled the government building that held President Boris Yeltsin and his prodemocracy supporters. As the army moved into position, Yeltsin strode from the building, climbed up on a tank, stared the commander in the eye, and thanked him for turning to the side of democracy. Later the commander admitted that although he hadn’t intended to go over to Yeltsin’s side, the Russian leader appeared so confident, the soldiers decided to join him. Great achievers exhibit confidence regardless of circumstances. But true confidence doesn’t come from having the approval of people around you. The Bible says, “The Lord will be your confidence” (Pr 3:26 NKJV); it’s about knowing He has called you and equipped you to do the job. Paul wrote, “We feel certain before God…It is God who makes us able to do all that we do” (2Co 3:4-5 NCV). Even though others may not believe in you, knowing God believes in you enables you to believe in yourself. David wrote, “Many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.’ But you are a shield around me…the One who lifts my head high” (Ps 3:2-3 NIV). A confident leader can say to those who follow him or her, “I have confidence in the God who called me. I have confidence in you. I believe that together we can accomplish what God wants done.”
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2023
God’s Heart for You

The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts.”Isaiah 57:15
This verse gives us a beautiful picture of God’s relationship with his people. He is high and holy, the glorious, exalted One. He reigns over all in heaven and on earth. The Lord Almighty needs no house, for his dwelling place is all eternity. And yet he chooses to dwell with—literally to abide and make his home in—those who are anything but “high and holy” and who know it. Rather they are those whose spirits are humble, contrite, open, and teachable. Instead of being like the Pharisee in Luke 18, who thanked God that he wasn’t like the unjust or other unsavory people, they are like the tax gatherer who cried out for God’s mercy. They know how unworthy they are of God’s love and mercy. But God’s holy and loving heart is moved by individuals who humble themselves and acknowledge their weakness and dependence on him. Then he refreshes, revives, and gives new courage to these repentant souls. How gracious our God is!

OH, GOD, you are high and lifted up, glorious and exalted! And I am not. I bow before you and ask you to develop in me a heart of humility. Your Word says that you will not despise a repentant heart, and so I ask you to work that in me today. Thank you for meeting me right where I am and for bringing renewed courage for my life.

Between the humble and contrite heart and the majesty of heaven, there are no barriers; the only password is prayer.
Hosea Ballou (1771–1852)

The One Year Bible Readings for today are Isaiah 57:15–59:21; Philippians 1:1-26; Psalm 71:1-24; Proverbs 24:9-10.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 13, 2023
Spiritual growth takes time

“If it dies, it bears much fruit.” Jn 12:24 ESV

God takes two days to grow a mushroom but sixty years to grow an oak tree. So, would you like to be a mushroom or an oak tree? Spiritual growth takes time. Have you been wondering, “Why is it taking me so long to improve? I am still struggling with many of my weaknesses.” Why? Because spiritual growth, like natural growth, takes some time. The best fruit ripens gradually. Jesus said, “Truly, truly…unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit” (v. 24 ESV). When Jesus says, “Truly, truly,” He means, “Now understand this! Listen! This is very important.” The point Jesus stresses here is that just like a grain of wheat has to die to produce fruit, so we also must die to ourselves to produce spiritual growth. And dying to our own self-absorption takes a while. Our inclination is to unearth the seed periodically to monitor its progress instead of trusting God to perform His work in our lives. Christ will produce fruit in our lives if we stay in Him. Jesus said, “Abide in me” (Jn 15:4). The word “abide” means “to live in.” Abiding in Christ means staying in contact with Him, depending on Him, living for Him, and trusting Him to finish His work in our lives in His perfect timing. Wait for God’s promised harvest, and in the meantime, delight in His presence in your life. God is happy with you at every phase of your spiritual growth. He is not waiting until you’re perfect to begin loving you. He will never love you one drop more than He already does.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2023
No Other God Like You

Hannah prayed: “My heart rejoices in the Lord! Oh, how the Lord has blessed me! Now I have an answer for my enemies, as I delight in your deliverance. No one is holy like the Lord! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.”1 Samuel 2:1-2
Hannah’s song of praise over finally receiving God’s long-awaited gift of her son, Samuel, and her decision to dedicate him to God’s service were not just ordinary expressions of thanks. Her exultation in the Lord as the Holy and Sovereign One, all powerful and just, rings down through the centuries much the same way Mary’s did when she rejoiced at the news that she would bear the Messiah, Jesus. Because he who created the world and rules over all things, who brings both death and life, had answered Hannah’s fervent prayers for a child, Hannah praised the Lord with all her heart. She delighted in how he had delivered her from the disgrace she had known as a childless woman. Once weak (v. 4), Hannah was so strengthened that her heart could joyfully release her precious Samuel to the Lord and trust that he would accomplish his good plans in her son’s life and in her own.

LORD, there is no one like you! No Rock like our God. You accomplished your plan in Hannah’s and Samuel’s lives in your own perfect time. I trust you to accomplish your plans in my life. Then my heart, too, will overflow in praise for all the ways you have blessed me.

Because He possesses unlimited power and is perfectly in control of all things, God may always accomplish His wise and good plans for you.
Myrna Alexander

The One Year Bible Readings for today are 1 Samuel 1:1–2:21; John 5:1-23; Psalm 105:37-45 and Proverbs 14:28-29.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 15, 2023
Joy in God’s Presence

BIBLE READING: Psalm 65:1-4

We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contacts with God, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.

Most of us need to desire something before we will wholeheartedly seek after it. Until we realize how much God loves us and cares about the details of our life, we probably won’t have the desire to pray to him. Until we sincerely believe that he has completely forgiven us, we will be ashamed to face him. If we hold to our misconceptions about God, this step will be a formidable chore rather than a joy.

The life of King David should give us hope. After he had come face to face with his own sinfulness, he was able to sing, “What mighty praise, O God, belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, for you answer our prayers. All of us must come to you. Though we are overwhelmed by our sins, you forgive them all. What joy for those you choose to bring near, those who live in your holy courts. What festivities await us inside your holy Temple” (Psalm 65:1-4). God wants us to be like those who lived and served in his Temple, walking freely into his presence. He wants us to know that we are welcome and valued before him. (See also Matthew 10:29-31.)

God is always present with us and can be a source of joy and happiness for us now. We can look forward to spending time with him and living in his presence every day
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 15, 2023
Getting the most out of your Bible (1)

“Search for it as for hidden treasure.” Pr 2:4 NIV

When you think about it, studying the Bible is like prospecting for gold or silver. It involves two things: (1) You must look for it. Solomon writes, “If you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand…and find the knowledge of God” (vv. 4-5 NIV). Simply stepping into a mine and glancing around won’t cut it. If you want to get the gold or the silver, you must be searching for it. Any miner will inform you that gold doesn’t strike you—you strike gold. The purpose of this devotional isn’t to replace regular Bible reading but to whet your spiritual appetite for it. According to the Barna Research Group, only 9 percent of Christians read the Bible every day. The question is, are you one of them? (2) You must dig for it. The Spirit of God within you speaks to you as you read His Word. The story is told about a guy who loved to study the Bible. Every time he came to something he didn’t understand, his friend Charlie would pop into his mind. Charlie was a great Bible student; he just seemed to ooze with biblical wisdom. So whenever the first guy encountered a Bible question, he would go to Charlie and say, “What does this verse mean? What is God trying to say here?” One day as he was reading, the Holy Spirit spoke to him and said, “Why don’t you just ask me? I’m the one who teaches Charlie.” So, expect God to speak to you today as you read His Word, and He will.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Getting the most out of your Bible (2)

“The unfolding of your words gives light.” Ps 119:130 NIV

President Woodrow Wilson said: “I am sorry for men who do not read the Bible every day; I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and of the pleasure. It is one of the most singular books in the world, for every time you open it, some old text that you have read a score of times suddenly beams with a new meaning. There is no other book that I know of, of which this is true; there is no other book that yields its meaning so personally, that seems to fit itself so intimately to the very spirit that is seeking its guidance.” If you want to get the most out of your Bible, ask these questions: (1) Is there a warning to heed? (2) Is there a promise to claim? (3) Is there a sin to forsake? (4) Is there a command to obey? (5) Is there a lesson to learn? (6) Is there a principle to apply? (7) Is there an example to follow? As you ask yourself these seven questions, keep a journal to write down the answers God gives you, and you will be amazed at the wisdom you glean. You will be thrilled by the success principles you learn. Your anxieties will begin to lift, your mind will clear, and you will experience peace. John writes, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (Jn 1:1 NIV). Notice the phrase “the Word was God.” The more you read your Bible, the more of God’s presence and power you will experience. You might even adopt the old slogan used by American Express: “Don’t leave home without it.”
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2023
Art/step-05-icon.jpg
Freedom through Confession

BIBLE READING: Romans 2:12-15

We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

All of us struggle with our conscience, trying to make peace within our own heart. We may deny what we have done, find excuses, or try to squirm out from beneath the full weight of our conduct. We may work hard to be “good,” trying to counteract our wrongs. We do everything we can to even out the score. In order to put the past to rest, however, we must stop rationalizing our sins and admit the truth.

We are all born with a built-in alarm that alerts us when we do wrong. God holds everyone accountable: “They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right” (Romans 2:15).

In Step Five we set out to stop this internal struggle and admit that wrong is wrong. It is time to be honest with God and ourself about our cover-ups and the exact nature of our wrongs. We need to admit the sins we have committed and the pain we have caused others. We may have spent years constructing alibis, coming up with excuses, and trying to plea-bargain. It is time to come clean. It is time to admit what we know deep down inside to be true: “Yes, I’m guilty as charged.”

There is no real freedom without confession. What a relief it is to finally give up the weight of our lies and excuses. When we confess our sins, we will find the internal peace we lost so long ago. We will also be one step closer to recovery.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is an unparalleled gift, a beacon of light in the darkest moments, a source of unwavering love and boundless forgiveness. It embraces us with open arms when we lose our way, guiding us back onto the path of righteousness. Jesus Christ's grace is not something we earn, but rather, it is a blessing bestowed upon us, despite our human frailties.

This divine grace is an invitation to spiritual liberation, encouraging us to let go of our earthly burdens and bathe in the awe-inspiring light of His mercy. Christ's grace is the ultimate testament to His eternal love for us. It serves as a reminder that we are cherished children of God, created in His image and destined for great things.

With each sunrise, we are given the opportunity to start anew, to learn from our mistakes rather than be held captive by them, to seek the good in others despite their flaws, and to spread love, kindness, and compassion wherever we go. This is the essence of Christ's grace.

Embracing the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ calls us to manifest love in all our actions, to offer forgiveness instead of holding onto resentment, and to exemplify humility in our pursuit of spiritual growth. It is about abandoning our ego, opening our hearts, and surrendering to His divine guidance.

So let us rejoice in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Let it fuel our journey towards spiritual enlightenment, fostering peace, joy, and love in our hearts. As we bask in His grace, let it inspire us to emulate Christ’s unconditional love and compassion in our daily lives, touching the lives of those around us and making this world a better place in the process. Amen.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 17, 2023
Freedom through Confession

BIBLE READING: Romans 2:12-15

We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

All of us struggle with our conscience, trying to make peace within our own heart. We may deny what we have done, find excuses, or try to squirm out from beneath the full weight of our conduct. We may work hard to be “good,” trying to counteract our wrongs. We do everything we can to even out the score. In order to put the past to rest, however, we must stop rationalizing our sins and admit the truth.

We are all born with a built-in alarm that alerts us when we do wrong. God holds everyone accountable: “They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right” (Romans 2:15).

In Step Five we set out to stop this internal struggle and admit that wrong is wrong. It is time to be honest with God and ourself about our cover-ups and the exact nature of our wrongs. We need to admit the sins we have committed and the pain we have caused others. We may have spent years constructing alibis, coming up with excuses, and trying to plea-bargain. It is time to come clean. It is time to admit what we know deep down inside to be true: “Yes, I’m guilty as charged.”

There is no real freedom without confession. What a relief it is to finally give up the weight of our lies and excuses. When we confess our sins, we will find the internal peace we lost so long ago. We will also be one step closer to recovery.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2023
“We know”
“We know that all things work together for good to those who love God.” Ro 8:28 NKJV

This is one of the most often quoted and comforting Scriptures in the Bible: “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (v. 28 NKJV). This verse is to believers; to redeemed children of God who love the Lord and walk according to His purposes and operate according to scriptural principles. Interestingly, the Bible translates our English word “know” from a Greek word meaning we know “intuitively.” Something within us says, “I don’t understand it and can’t explain it, but I know that God is at work and something good will come out of it.” Note the words “things work together.” Would you enjoy eating baking soda? Or flour? No. But when you put them together, add some eggs and sugar, mix them up, and place them in the oven, they come out as something “good.” When the Bible says, “All things,” it includes things that are painful, unfair, and difficult. The path to the throne of Egypt led Joseph through betrayal, slander, false imprisonment, and disappointment. But looking back, he could say, “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day” (Ge 50:20 NKJV). In ways you cannot see or understand right now, what you are going through is working for your good. Do you love God? Do you believe that He has a plan and purpose for your life? Are you endeavoring to please Him? Then trust Him to work “all things” out for your good.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 19, 2023
August 19 - Marks of the True Believer

#LifeOfChrist

“‘They put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved’” (Matthew 9:17b).

Like new wine poured into fresh wineskins, everything stays spiritually fresh for the true believer. First, he or she leads a life of unquestioning obedience and follows the Lord without conditions or excuses. Not long before His ascension, Jesus told Peter, “‘Follow Me!’ Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them . . . So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, ‘Lord, and what about this man?’ Jesus said to him, ‘If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!’” (John 21:19–22). Christians don’t question Christ’s will or unwisely compare themselves to other believers.

Second, like Matthew who invited sinners to his house to see Jesus, true saints have compassion on the unsaved. They want to see them saved, even though at times that desire gets supplanted by selfish concerns. Because they know “the fear of the Lord, [they] persuade men” (2 Cor. 5:11). The love of Christ will prompt them to witness to others (v. 14).

Finally, if we are truly Christ’s children, we will not follow any sort of legalism or ritualism as the scribes and Pharisees did. We’ll realize soon enough that these are utterly incompatible with the new life in Jesus Christ. It should also be clear to us that what was begun in the Spirit cannot be finished in the flesh (Gal. 3:3). The new wine of salvation and sanctification has no place back in the old wineskins of our life before conversion.

Ask Yourself

Is your life devoid of some of these freedoms? Does your heart often—or perhaps incessantly—cause Christian faith to feel as though it’s just another burden or pressure rather than the pure expression of who you are? What’s standing between you and abundant life?
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 20, 2023
God’s plan for your money

“You will be enriched in every way.” 2Co 9:11 NLT

One pastor told his congregation, “The good news is, we have enough money here this morning to build a new church.” Then he added, “The bad news is, it’s still in your pockets!” Some of us grew up believing it was wrong to ask God for money because that was a sign of greed and selfishness. And it can be, but it doesn’t have to be. When you pray, “Lord, bless me financially so that I can give to your work and fulfill your plans,” you’re in proper spiritual alignment with God. In part, the explosive growth of the New Testament church was due to some Christians who were willing to sell their assets in order to finance the will of God. Barnabas was one of them: “He sold a field he owned and brought the money to the apostles” (Ac 4:37 NLT). And Barnabas wasn’t the only one: “Those who owned land or houses would sell them and bring the money to the apostles” (vv. 34-35 NLT). Among those who followed Christ were women married to wealthy and powerful men. As a result, Jesus needed a treasurer to take care of their funds. Scripturally speaking, here is the bottom line when it comes to money: If you honor God, He will honor you, and if you put His work first, He will bless your work. Jesus said, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need…don’t worry about tomorrow” (Mt 6:33-34 NLT). Here is God’s will for you: “You will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous” (2Co 9:11 NLT).
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 21, 2023
Don’t give in to resentment; forgive them

“Resentment kills a fool.” Job 5:2 NIV

For reasons known only to God and Satan, Job lost his money, his children, and his health. If ever a man had cause to be resentful, it was him. But Eliphaz advised him, “Resentment kills a fool.” In other words, the only thing that can hurt you more than what has already happened is allowing resentment to rule your mind and dictate your actions. You say, “But I want justice!” How much justice? Imagine your enemy for a moment. Picture him strapped to a whipping post. The strong-armed man with a whip turns to you and asks, “How many lashes?” And you give a number. The whip cracks, the blood flows, and the punishment is inflicted. Your foe slumps to the ground, and you walk away. Are you happy now? Do you feel better? Are you at peace? For a little while, but soon another memory will surface, and another lash will be needed. When does it all stop? It stops when you take seriously the words of Jesus: “If you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins” (Mt 6:14-15 NIV). When you pray, “Treat me as I treat my neighbor” (See Mt 6:12), are you aware of what you’re really saying to God? “Give me what I give them. Grant me the same peace I grant them. Let me enjoy the same tolerance I offer them.” If you want peace, make peace. If you want God’s generosity, be generous to others. If you want the assurance of God’s forgiveness, extend forgiveness to others.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2023
Your prayers can change the situation

“Remember the solemn promise you made.” Ex 32:13 CEV

If you’re not sure your prayers can change the situation you’re in right now, read the story of Moses interceding with God not to destroy the Israelites because of the golden calf and committing idolatry: “Moses tried to get…God to change his mind…Remember the solemn promise you made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You promised that someday they would have as many descendants as there are stars in the sky and that you would give them land. So even though the Lord had threatened to destroy the people, he changed his mind and let them live” (vv. 11, 13-14 CEV). Moses was on his face one minute, and in God’s face the next. For the lives of his people, he was on his knees, pointing his finger, raising his hands, crying tears, tearing his cloak, and wrestling like Jacob at the brook. Notice how he prayed. He reminded God of His covenant promises. He stood on the Word! And if there is one thing that will get God’s attention and cause Him to respond to your needs, it’s standing on His Word. God’s word in the matter is always God’s will in the matter. “We are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for” (1Jn 5:14-15 NLT). You are similar to electric wire through which God’s power and presence can flow into any situation, and in prayer you flip the switch. So instead of complaining about the situation, begin to pray about it.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Finest4luv1(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
Don't trust this guy, he is just a pretender

JackDaAlienz( m ), Biyonce( f), Ismy5000 ,
sagtav ( f ), emmykk ( m ), leofab( f),
seunmohmoh ( f), Adexy1024 , sirwilson
( m ), alterego17 , Finest4luv1 ( m ),
uniquetechng, zeestone99 ( m ),
HabibGwen230 ( f), Dennis3D ( m ),
gentl01 , Gorzy1 , Delydex, Raymee ( m ),
16of12 , initialize ( m ), austine2tap ,
Engineer1985 ( m ), freegistcom, Slyr0x ,
toniajones ( f), pimp213 ( m ),
saou2007 ( m ), yawatide ( f ), Donmax1
why tagging me here .. please remove me from your mentions.
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Stop posting these until u use same text to fix yourself, I will even create a thread about how selfish and wicked u are in private but nice in public,, you came to my Facebook inbox and asking wether I know any working cheat and I said yes, glo
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
Stop posting these until u use same text to fix yourself, I will even create a thread about how selfish and wicked u are in private but nice in public,, you came to my Facebook inbox and asking wether I know any working cheat and I said yes, glo
You then begged me to tell u more because u were using daily 50mb cheat on ec tunel v p n
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
You then begged me to tell u more because u were using daily 50mb cheat on ec tunel v p n
If u say am lying I will drop screenshot of our chats here,,,,,, after providing u everything and u started enjoying glo browsing cheat and u thanked me say the thing sweet and u wish u know all these while
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
If u say am lying I will drop screenshot of our chats here,,,,,, after providing u everything and u started enjoying glo browsing cheat and u thanked me say the thing sweet and u wish u know all these while
later u told me that u found out how they creat the configuration file of glo cheat and I asked u to teach me and u say no way o
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
later u told me that u found out how they creat the configuration file of glo cheat and I asked u to teach me and u say no way o
Is this not selfish and wickedness? something I willingly told u without hiding and u discover more about it and u refused to tell me, instead u hide it from me untill u blocked my FB, well, this is nairaland u can't block me , we will talk in public here untill u used this same gospel in yourself
Re: Morning Dews Devotionals by Obascoetubi: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Obascoetubi:
Is this not selfish and wickedness? something I willingly told u without hiding and u discover more about it and u refused to tell me, instead u hide it from me untill u blocked my FB, well, this is nairaland u can't block me , we will talk in public here untill u used this same gospel in yourself
I will keep posting till u realiz am not a f**l as u thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disbelief In Yahweh As The Creator God / Babylon: From Captivity To Persian Colonialism; / The Grail Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.