Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai (18074 Views)

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti / Okorocha: I Have Suffered Injustice From Govt I Helped Into Power / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by TheRareGem1(f): 8:11am On May 10, 2023
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of of Kaduna State has said he will not serve as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) under the administration of…

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of of Kaduna State has said he will not serve as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) under the administration of President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

El-Rufai played a key role in the power shift from north to south, an arrangement which worked in favour of President-elect Bola Tinubu.

There have been speculations that the outgoing governor will either serve as Chief of Staff or FCT Minister in the incoming government.

But El-Rufai, whom ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo appointed FCT minister, had earlier distanced himself from the reports that he is eyeing the position.

[/b]Speaking at a policy conversation and book launch in Abuja Tuesday, El-Rufai said: “I have done my job, I’m done, I don’t look back. In fact when I left FCT, the only time I visited FCT was in 2016 when my secondary school classmate was appointed the minister and he said he wanted to see me, so I went there.[b]

[/b]“Once I leave a job, I don’t look back. If I leave Kaduna in 19 days, I will only visit if it becomes necessary. So, I don’t think about the FCT. I’ve done my bit. I don’t comment on the performance of those that came after me.[b]

[/b]“Even if offered, I’m not coming to Abuja. As I say, I never repeat class and there are many young people I know that I can recommend that would do even better job than I did as minister of FCT.[b]

[/b]“I’m too old for this. I’m too old for demolition, get a young man with blood in his veins or a young woman.”[b]

The event was jointly organised by the Africa Programme of the US-based Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and the Abuja-based Agora Policy.

Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, established in 1910, is one of the oldest and most respected think tanks in the world. It was ranked as the number one think tank on the 2020 Global Go-To Think Tank Index published by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Programme of the University of Pennsylvania, US.

Agora Policy is a nascent Nigerian think tank committed to generating evidence-based and practical solutions to Nigeria’s urgent challenges. It was founded by Waziri Adio, immediate past Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) and one of Nigeria’s leading columnists.

https://dailytrust.com/tinubus-govt-i-wont-accept-to-serve-as-fct-minister-el-rufai/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by tonicyril: 8:12am On May 10, 2023
He didn't mean hes selfush and covetous ooh, make una read well before una comment, make una no comment based on the headline oh.

He only said he would recommend the job for a young and vibrant youth should he is called upon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by tesppidd: 8:14am On May 10, 2023
So being FCT minister is all about demolition?

grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by God1000(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2023
We don't care, he's a big hypocrite.

He always seeks for attention and relevance from any new government

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by chuksville(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2023
El Rufai the Islamic Extremist!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Redoil: 8:18am On May 10, 2023
chuksville:
El Rufai the Islamic Extremist!
yet he is ruling you

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Moh247: 8:21am On May 10, 2023
cool

Arguably one of the best FCT ministers and also best Kaduna State Governor

El Rufai is a natural born Administrator

ElRufai doesn't want to end up like Fashola or Osinbajo SAN...

If he joins Tinubu's Administration and Tinubu under performs (highly impossible) ElRufai would find it difficult contesting in 2027 or 2031

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Hotwest: 8:28am On May 10, 2023
Are you mad bfr...how many times?! Na only una dey?!..Kai Nigeria banza
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by landpipe16: 8:28am On May 10, 2023
Whyy

smiley
Edit and correct articles and creative projects @A minimum 6$ per job at frequency of 2 jobs per day. Updating ur charrts weekly To know more about how this works send a message to the contact below.
O 7 O double fourr sixx 4 fivee two 8 three.
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Etranshub(m): 8:28am On May 10, 2023
sad
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by davidtemi(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2023
This one talks too much abegi
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:29am On May 10, 2023
Hahaba
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by yemmight(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2023
This one already canvassing for job.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by PureFace1(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2023
what did he want lol?
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:30am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Arguably one of the best FCT ministers and also best Kaduna State Governor

El Rufai is a natural born Administrator

ElRufai doesn't want to end up like Fashola or Osinbajo SAN...

If he joins Tinubu's Administration and Tinubu under performs (highly impossible) ElRufai would find it difficult contesting in 2027 or 2031

He's the best because the number of deaths under his watch in Kaduna south can only beat that of the Nazi war against the Jews by Hitler

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by TavorJohnnie: 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Na so you go talk.
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Don't go to abuja again for second demolition Nigerian will not forgive you this time around. The wound is still fresh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by homehunters(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Run to Dubia who cares
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Caramia2020(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
What will you accept? I won't accept this n that. Thank God Tinubu is a smart politician dat can't be cajole.
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Dexy4yah(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Oga rest joor.
U talk toomuch.

You should be more concern about the killings and kidnapping getting worst in kaduna...

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by onlyboyson(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
El-Rufai another devilish SADIST

El-Rufai were nwayo egbe bele Ugo ebele

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by tiswell(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2023
better,we never recover from the one you served before

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Throwback: 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Integrity.
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Felabrity: 8:31am On May 10, 2023
Nobody cares man, fk off

This is Kaduna under your watch, don't extend it to FCT

You never arrested anyone or said a word in most cases

You incompetent bst

1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by iHateFraudsters: 8:32am On May 10, 2023
The problem is that all those jostling for these positions are coming for their pockets only.

No one is going there to work for the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Etranshub(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2023
We keep on recycling same set of leaders who continue to fail us and we expect our lifes to get better in this country.... This one don dey public office for almost 2 decades and nothing good to show for it.

Abeg i make fantastic metal works.. Contact. E in my signature

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Obakoolex(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2023
undecided This imam sef, I no too trust you ooo...... tho you're a good administrator
Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by MRDEE01: 8:33am On May 10, 2023
He is eyeing a juicier office 😁

Abeg I dey find car to drive on bolt/uber platform abuja.
I deliver without stories.
N.B- I am experienced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by arantess: 8:33am On May 10, 2023
Redoil:
yet he is ruling you
Hitler, mussulini, idi Amin were all evil people who ruled people and we saw how they ended

Since you like evil people to rule over you, enjoy their dividends

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai by Corto: 8:33am On May 10, 2023
TheRareGem1:

https://dailytrust.com/tinubus-govt-i-wont-accept-to-serve-as-fct-minister-el-rufai/

Oloshi see as e be like cockroach inside suit. Bloodsucking vermin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Build 3 New Prisons / Labour Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Gbajabiamila-led C’ttee / Tinubu Govt Managing To Pay Salaries, No Money Anywhere – Minister Atiku Bagudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.