Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla (1351 Views)

Digital And Tech Skills To Learn In 2022 / Free Coures On Programming And Tech!!! / Tech Blog For Programming And Tech Know How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Bloomsbury(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2023
Sincerely speaking, Nigeria passport is getting weaker every day. Lots of Tech conferences to attend and network with experts to progress in Tech but 9ja passport is a BIG PROBLEM.

Which time you go get to process visa. All these Visa Walhalla don tire person.

Having a second passport is the surest way to make it now in Tech.

Imagine holding a Singapore passport, Seychelles passport and even Saint Kitts passport grants you opportunities beyond the imagination of a 9ja passport holder.

Abeg which one be the cheapest second passport someone fit easily acquire?

I heard Vanuatu accept even crypto account proof of $150K and will get you citizenship in 45 days...I saw it on their Government website.
Has anyone gone through that route. How true is it.?

Is there any cheaper one or sure one?

2 Likes

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:53pm On May 10, 2023
I thought you wanted marrying an American citizen to get green card? Isn't that assured for you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Bloomsbury(m): 10:09pm On May 10, 2023
Having a second passport especially from a carribean nation serves a lot of protection. Especially on extradition in times of Taxes ( You know what I mean na)

After doing some research, I find it's better to have a second passport apart from USA especially because of their HUGE TAXES.

Am looking out for another citizenship for protection in case USA might wake up one day and want to extradite me to the USA for tax reasons. I can easily bail myself out.

Just consider Edward Snowden case.

1 Like

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Bloomsbury(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
I thought you wanted marrying an American citizen to get green card? Isn't that assured for you?

Please point of correction. Am not marrying an American citizen to get green card. My wife to be is an American , and so by virtue of marriage, I can also file for USA citizenship. Added benefit, Simple!

But truthfully, it's far better to be a USA permanent resident than a citizen especially if you have a passport with VISA FREE ACCESS TO THE USA.

Why on Earth Will I apply to be a USA citizen?

1 Like

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Martinsmine(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You no get joy
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tosinhtml: 12:50am On May 11, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Please point of correction. Am not marrying an American citizen to get green card. My wife to be is an American , and so by virtue of marriage, I can also file for USA citizenship. Added benefit, Simple!

But truthfully, it's far better to be a USA permanent resident than a citizen especially if you have a passport with VISA FREE ACCESS TO THE USA.

Why on Earth Will I apply to be a USA citizen?

HOW and WHY?
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by cyberkitty: 11:04am On May 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

HOW and WHY?

As a USA citizen, no matter where you go and hide in this Earth z every year you must return to the USA, declare your assets and pay hooge taxes.

As a USA Citizen, you can't be traveling anyhow from the USA. there are number of times you can travel in a year and how long you can spend your time outside the country. If you disobey you are on your own.

No matter how much you make while away from the USA, you muat pay the USA government a hooge percentage of your income.

There are others things too I can't start typing etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 11:15am On May 11, 2023
cyberkitty:

As a USA citizen, no matter where you go and hide in this Earth z every year you must return to the USA, declare your assets and pay hooge taxes.

As a USA Citizen, you can't be traveling anyhow from the USA. there are number of times you can travel in a year and how long you can spend your time outside the country. If you disobey you are on your own.

No matter how much you make while away from the USA, you muat pay the USA government a hooge percentage of your income.

There are others things too I can't start typing etc

You have not done your research well enough. Loads of Americans live abroad and do not pay these so-called "hooge tax". There's a difference between filing tax returns and paying tax. For most Americans living abroad and earning under $100k per annum. They only have to file. Filing doesn't mean paying.

1 Like

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tosinhtml: 11:22am On May 11, 2023
cyberkitty:

This is strange, so you mean as a US citizen, I cannot accept a job from Europe & stay there for 5 years. So I need to constantly visit the US?

Please do you have a reference for this on US Gov website?
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by cyberkitty: 11:53am On May 11, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You have not done your research well enough. Loads of Americans live abroad and do not pay these so-called "hooge tax". There's a difference between filing tax returns and paying tax. For most Americans living abroad and earning under $100k per annum. They only have to file. Filing doesn't mean paying.

Are you playing. Go and read more about the USA income tax.

When you return to the USA, body go tell you
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

This is strange, so you mean as a US citizen, I cannot accept a job from Europe & stay there for 5 years. So I need to constantly visit the US?

LoL the guy is capping. He has been making all sorts of threads on nairaland. He's here in Nigeria but his imagination is crazy. He has other usernames he uses on nairaland too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by cyberkitty: 11:58am On May 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

You want to remain a USA citizen and you want to live outside the USA for more than 6 months. Are you playing?

Go to USCIS website and see obligation for USA citizens.

You can only be exempted only when you're on a diplomatic mission example consular officers, ambassadors or envoys, peace keeping soldiers etc

I have read the whole USA Constitution more than 3 times. USA is one of th best country currently on Earth if you can pay the high price to maintain your citizenship.

My only good reason when you will enjoy USA citizenship is when you get into trouble when you're in another country and when you want to further your education.

As long as you're a legit USA citizen, USA go change am for that country if they pay a finger in you!

1 Like

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tosinhtml: 12:50pm On May 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

LoL the guy is capping. He has been making all sorts of threads on nairaland. He's here in Nigeria but his imagination is crazy. He has other usernames he uses on nairaland too.

Okay thank you, I think I need to do my own research because I am confused why a US citizenship cannot move to other countries for long stay.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by cyberkitty: 1:27pm On May 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

Okay thank you, I think I need to do my own research because I am confused why a US citizenship cannot move to other countries for long stay.

Hmm as for the motive of the reply to You, I don't have an answer to HIM/ HER but I have never said I wasn't in Nigeria. If my threads offend anyone , SPEAK UP CONSTRUCTIVELY, if they challenge you intellectually, SIT UP

You gain nothing bringing others down. If I don't understand something,I ask questions. That's how I learn. Your opinion about me doesn't COUNT.

Over and out ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Masterviolence: 2:37pm On May 11, 2023
cyberkitty:

You want to remain a USA citizen and you want to live outside the USA for more than 6 months. Are you playing?

Go to USCIS website and see obligation for USA citizens.

You can only be exempted only when you're on a diplomatic mission example consular officers, ambassadors or envoys, peace keeping soldiers etc

I have read the whole USA Constitution more than 3 times. USA is one of th best country currently on Earth if you can pay the high price to maintain your citizenship.

My only good reason when you will enjoy USA citizenship is when you get into trouble when you're in another country and when you want to further your education.

As long as you're a legit USA citizen, USA go change am for that country if they pay a finger in you!
You're absolutely correct.

it shows you know what you're saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Gerrard59(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2023
tosinhtml:

What he said is a lie. There are countless of Americans living outside the US and have done so for donkey years. I have met a man who has lived half of his life in Japan. Another too, and neither have been to the US. These people lie brazenly for information that's available online. As a permanent resident? Yes. There are restrictions regarding how long one is outside the US. But as a passport carrying citizen? You can even live in Mars and shun the US for eternity.

2 Likes

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by Gerrard59(m): 4:36pm On May 11, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6686339/come-part-something-big-lets

https://www.nairaland.com/4724605/abarihub.com-platform-4-devops-websites

https://www.nairaland.com/4634993/andela-free-training-now-available

https://www.nairaland.com/6686339/come-part-something-big-lets

https://www.nairaland.com/7623286/does-anyone-here-experience-applying

https://www.nairaland.com/7576724/what-order-did-learn-languages/4#121283060

cyberkitty:

Hey devs in the house, this is still your op, Bloomsbury AKA Cyberkitty.

I will be launching a free Coding fellowship for software engineers soon where I introduce them to companies, mentor and invite top devs to tutor for free.

We will also be running a free bootcamp for people who wants to learn how to build Ai products without learning advance Coding...if you know HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT. You're welcome.

Please follow me on Twitter to stay updated.

My Twitter username is : DennisGPT3
Name: DENNIS ABARI

see you all in Twitter 😎💪❤️

OP, for how long will you continue to do this?
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by cyberkitty: 7:01am On May 12, 2023
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by qtguru(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2023
I applied to Malta today, will see the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 11:43am On May 16, 2023
qtguru:
I applied to Malta today, will see the outcome.

Job? Malta na deadzones if na for living. It's a dead ass place. Apart from hotjar, the other main tech employers are online betting euphemistically called "online gaming". And their pay na nonsense. Plus the whole island including Gozo is one big construction site. Rents are atrocious for the spaces on offer. Consider Malta only if your take home (after tax and all deductions) is like €4k to €5k.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 11:45am On May 16, 2023
Gerrard59:

What he said is a lie. There are countless of Americans living outside the US and have done so for donkey years. I have met a man who has lived half of his life in Japan. Another too, and neither have been to the US. These people lie brazenly for information that's available online. As a permanent resident? Yes. There are restrictions regarding how long one is outside the US. But as a passport carrying citizen? You can even live in Mars and shun the US for eternity.

Just file your tax returns (and pay any taxes if you qualify) and you are good.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by davien(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2023
Dubai that was once welcoming of Nigerians have closed their doors to us also, over those cultists that made a ruckus there.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Job? Malta na deadzones if na for living. It's a dead ass place. Apart from hotjar, the other main tech employers are online betting euphemistically called "online gaming". And their pay na nonsense. Plus the whole island including Gozo is one big construction site. Rents are atrocious for the spaces on offer. Consider Malta only if your take home (after tax and all deductions) is like €4k to €5k.
The population no reach 1 million.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 2:27pm On May 16, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The population no reach 1 million.

Even at that, Malta nobi am. Malta and Cyprus na holiday destination not long term living. Especially if you are a black African
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by qtguru(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

it's for the short-term, from there I will move.
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by qtguru(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2023
it's in the EU at least,
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 4:17pm On May 16, 2023
qtguru:

it's for the short-term, from there I will move.

So far you get your get-out-plan. Malta nobi where person dey go hook. Locals are very racist and things are very expensive there because it's an island. I love Malta, don't get me wrong, but as a tourist destination. Not as a place of permanent abode.The only black people they "respect" are African Americans. Any other black person is looked down on as a refugee. Even those from the Caribbean
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On May 16, 2023
qtguru:
it's in the EU at least,

It's an EU backwater guy. Even EU citizens struggle to cope with their level of corruption. Place wey police dey drive around dey arrest and torture foreigners from 3rd world countries for fun. With "do you know who I am" like Naija
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

So far you get your get-out-plan. Malta nobi where person dey go hook. Locals are very racist and things are very expensive there because it's an island. I love Malta, don't get me wrong, but as a tourist destination. Not as a place of permanent abode.The only black people they "respect" are African Americans. Any other black person is looked down on as a refugee. Even those from the Caribbean

Omho. You seem to know the country very well. Have you visited?
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 4:51pm On May 16, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Omho. You seem to know the country very well. Have you visited?

Cyprus and Malta. Yes. If you go there in Summer it's continous fun all summer. But outside the summer months, it's a basket case. I mean, it's a developed country with many infrastructure in place compared to Nigeria. But Ọmọ, it's not as rosy as it looks. Last year, three very young police officers were getting kicks from driving around, arresting Indians and Africans (who work in the really bottom jobs), taking them to unknown destinations, torturing shege from them and collect "small thing" from them or their family back home before they releas them.

Maltese drivers drive anyhow. Okay not compared to the madness in Lagos. But completely mad for a European country. Government corruption? Full ground. Dem dey run government contract racket like Naija. As in same level. It's an archipelago made up of three islands - Malta (the biggest), Gozo and Commino. It's a nice picturesque holiday destination. But ọmọ, it's damned expensive for its size, location and opportunities it offers.

PS: Cyprus here refers to the southern part of the island also called the Republic of Cyprus (RoC) which is an EU member. The north, called the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) which is were a lot of Nigerians go to "study" is an outright basket case
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by qtguru(m): 4:51pm On May 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

It's an EU backwater guy. Even EU citizens struggle to cope with their level of corruption. Place wey police dey drive around dey arrest and torture foreigners from 3rd world countries for fun. With "do you know who I am" like Naija

I wanted Portugal but it's impossible from Nigeria
Re: Acquiring A Second Passport And Tech Walhalla by airsaylongcome: 4:54pm On May 16, 2023
qtguru:

I wanted Portugal but it's impossible from Nigeria

Valid point then. If it's a stepping stone for you, then it's understandable. But make sure you have a plan to get out as soon as you can. Plan to stay in Valletta, the capital city. Or Msida, where their University is located.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Feel After Hours / Vacancy - PHP Application Developer / How To Program With Your Android Phone Using Aide IDE Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.