Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. - NYSC (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. (20811 Views)

NYSC DG, Brigadier-General Ahmed Visits His Ex-Landlord In Osun Where He Served / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:08pm On May 11, 2023
worldclass68:

You also lied grin....I have seen up to 4 from Kogi.

Eeheennn grin
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Ghost01(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2023
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Lemmy123(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2023
Ganjuwa, Bauchi state.

Camped in Wailo
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Smartguyboy(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2023
2019/20 Lagos
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by OVB123: 12:22pm On May 11, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]sorry o,na where stubborn pikin dey,dem carry u go[color=#770077]
Dem show am peper 4 edo state.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2023
Ndokwa East LGA..
Delta State
2015/2016
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Sikechukwu81(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:

Be serious for once grin

Oga I’m serious o just that our uniforms na orange color overalls angry sad grin
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by mullerman: 12:32pm On May 11, 2023
Okuku,
Odo otin,
Osun state.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by STENON(f): 12:39pm On May 11, 2023
FUTMINNA, Niger State
Bosso Local Government.
Lived at Maikunkele.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2023
irumanle:
Isele-uku, Delta state. The water there looks like a mixture of oil and water. You need to travel to see things.

which year was that?? mine was 2015/2016
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by gannod(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2023
Vadese1:
I served in Ogun state 2005, Ikperu precisely. It was a wonderful experience. The people of Ikperu where so nice. They were such a very wonderful people. I can't forget their goodness. I still miss Ikperu till today. Hoping to visit sometime this year.

Ikperu or Iperu?
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by victorikpe(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2023
obembet:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)- One year of joy, challenges, tears and VICTORY.

Its a thing of joy and great privilege to serve our fathers land. Several people have stated their own opinion about NYSC, Some said it’s a scam, some said it’s a complete waste of time, and so on, but but to me, I see a things of Joy to serve my father's Land.

I served my dear country in one of the most beautiful state in the Nigeria, (Akwa Ibom) even though I was not happy about the village I was posted for my PPA but the villagers proved to me that Akwa Ibom people are the most wonderful tribe in Nigeria when it comes to taking care of strangers and cooking the best soup

I served in 2015/2016 batch B stream II at Nkot Nseyen, ikono local Government, Akwa Ibom state and my PPA was nkot Nseyen community secondary school.

If you are privilege to serve in Nkot Nseyen village, your one year service will be full of fun and you will beg federal government to give you extra year

My experience were mostly exciting with the Akwa Ibom people and their soup, I remember I tasted periwinkle soup for the first time there but I shouted when I was unable to break the periwinkle with my teeth, I later learn how to suck it grin

So my fellow Nairalanders, it's NYSC is 50!!! Please tell the world where and when you served and share your little experience in one sentence

Source: Obembet

Abuja
Kuje Area Council
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Toduntee: 1:09pm On May 11, 2023
Black Gold Camp, Kaduna. 2011.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Ifyman: 1:11pm On May 11, 2023
Ipokia ogun state
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by engrchykae(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2023
JAMO4REAL1:
Anambra state, Idemili north local govt @ obosi community gramma school 2013
crosscopa 2013, government girls secondary school igoli ogoja.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by cayorday89(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2023
2016/17 batch A Stream 1, Omu Aran, Kwara State. It's was a year with a whole lot of experiences too many to mention.
Activities were much and I participated in virtually all right from camp, playing for my platoon, NCCF family house was fun though I did not stay there based on some wrong reviews I read on Nairaland on how they had strict laws, Rural Rugged, both state and local govt organized and the fellowships and prayer meetings, PPA was fun with the students, taught them Computer Science and also took out time to take them General Studies since most of them did not know beyond their locality(did this when I asked each of them their state of origin and they were calling the names of their villages), CDS was another fun group Gender and Charity to be precise, our visits to hospitals, prison, schools and even a charity home amongst others were just too superb, church activities involving fellow corpers were endless, partying here and there, vacation to Erin Ijesha waterfall in Osun State, and Owu waterfall in Kwara.

The wonderful humans I met just made that period one of the very best moments of my life.. The joy of it all is that, I have over 10,000 pics excluding videos to always look back on those wonderful memories and not holding myself back from living the life then unlike I did in UNI.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Revolva(m): 1:33pm On May 11, 2023
God forbid me server this useless country Never
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Hagks(m): 1:41pm On May 11, 2023
JAMO4REAL1:
Anambra state, Idemili north local govt @ obosi community gramma school 2013
Ebonyi state abakaliki
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by showbiz4all27(m): 1:49pm On May 11, 2023
Katsina State in Safana local government.
One desert like that.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by HajiaNotu: 1:52pm On May 11, 2023
Anambra ni ooo
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by juitar(m): 1:55pm On May 11, 2023
Brass in Bayelsa, omo I enjoyed the speed boat cruising with fear.
Oh now I remember 2 of our set that served in Nembe,their boat capsized and they died because they didn't wear their lifejackets. May their soul rest in peace.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by kazma1010(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2023
Abia state, aba that was were I sav, I can remember my sev yr in obuorya in unguha local government

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by abuhari: 2:01pm On May 11, 2023
Keats yikpata, relocate to kebbi comprehensive secondary school aleiro
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by gannod(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2023
uuzba:

NSYC is 50 years old. It began in 1973. That means people up to 75 years old (75-50=25), can comment on this thread.
But the kind of insulting animals that run about this NL website will not let them hear word. Once anybody is older than 16 years, they start shouting, insulting and calling the person elder.

Bunch of A**hole juveniles.

Honestly, it appears youths of these days cannot pass across messages without insults.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Emmanueledu(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2023
2013 Batch B
Served at Ibiono Ibom LGA Secretariat Akwa Ibom state!
Also served as the CLO!
Was indeed an amazing experience!
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by EgusiShankly: 2:17pm On May 11, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
Holy Trinity Grammar School Junior, Sabongida-ora, Owan West LGA, Edo State.

Mehn, I enjoyed my stay in Edo State. Owan tribe are wonderful people, they treated us like their own.

When I finished my NYSC, I didn't want to go, but I had to go because it was around the time I was supposed to hit Lagos to have my US visa interview.
What year did you serve there?
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by OLOKOESHIN: 2:23pm On May 11, 2023
True
uuzba:

NSYC is 50 years old. It began in 1973. That means people up to 75 years old (75-50=25), can comment on this thread.
But the kind of insulting animals that run about this NL website will not let them hear word. Once anybody is older than 16 years, they start shouting, insulting and calling the person elder.

Bunch of A**hole juveniles.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Gabrielwilliams(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2023
STENON:
FUTMINNA, Niger State
Bosso Local Government.
Lived at Maikunkele.

Finished from FutMinna. Hope you enjoyed the fish at Flayout and the cruise at Hydro Hotel.

I served in Ikire, OSUn state. Batch B 2014/2015. We were the first set to resume at Papa before going to Camp in November.

I enjoyed Oshogbo, Ede camp, Iwo road, Ede itself. We throw party for Ede in 2014 September
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Alfatonji: 2:32pm On May 11, 2023
I served at Emekuku ( Ezeogba) in then IMO STATE Year1985/86

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by arabralph(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2023
Served in Yobe,Postikum,Fika Government Secondary school (Fika GSS). Had a swell time there. Initiated Adult Education Class at one of the Catholic Church,where I was revered like a demi-god by my Adult Students who were mostly of Igbo,Yoruba and middle belt extraction.
The kind of reception they gave me after each tutorial at Waje Inn,was heroic. It's really nostalgic until Goodluck and Buhari Presidential election wahala in 2011.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by akeeng: 3:12pm On May 11, 2023
Gombe/Modakeke

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Neddyogu(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2023
Served 09. Ekiti state. Sweet years

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

NYSC : 20 Corps Members Withdrawn Over Cult Attacks In Bayelsa Community / Is It Right For NYSC To Still Be Posting Corpers To The North? / Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.