Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. (20445 Views)

NYSC DG, Brigadier-General Ahmed Visits His Ex-Landlord In Osun Where He Served / The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by orlahtohbadt(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2023
dinodangana:
Same… 2015/16 batch B stream 2.
PPA: Ikono girls secondary school
Another person I might know.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by sidney22: 10:11am On May 11, 2023
ginggerxy:
The reason why this will never be implemented is because it will create some sorts of equality and that's what some parts of the country doesn't want .

One of my fears exactly.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Sociology5555: 10:14am On May 11, 2023
Adamawa 2018
Hong local government, kwambla (Kent city) to be precise.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by smartmom(f): 10:14am On May 11, 2023
obembet:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)- One year of joy, challenges, tears and VICTORY.

Its a thing of joy and great privilege to serve our fathers land. Several people have stated their own opinion about NYSC, Some said it’s a scam, some said it’s a complete waste of time, and so on, but but to me, I see a things of Joy to serve my father's Land.

I served my dear country in one of the most beautiful state in the Nigeria, (Akwa Ibom) even though I was not happy about the village I was posted for my PPA but the villagers proved to me that Akwa Ibom people are the most wonderful tribe in Nigeria when it comes to taking care of strangers and cooking the best soup

I served in 2015/2016 batch B stream II at Nkot Nseyen, ikono local Government, Akwa Ibom state and my PPA was nkot Nseyen community secondary school.

If you are privilege to serve in Nkot Nseyen village, your one year service will be full of fun and you will beg federal government to give you extra year

My experience were mostly exciting with the Akwa Ibom people and their soup, I remember I tasted periwinkle soup for the first time there but I shouted when I was unable to break the periwinkle with my teeth, I later learn how to suck it grin

So my fellow Nairalanders, it's NYSC is 50!!! Please tell the world where and when you served and share your little experience in one sentence

Source: Obembet

I
*I served in Sokoto Town when it was still a state comprising of Kebbi. In the year 1989/90. Religious intolerance had began as the batch before us went for evangelism in Gumi and were stoned. It was a tough year but fruitful experience in my Christian walk. I left the day after our passing out parade with my stuff behind. Had several job offers but never considered staying back. What a year!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:22am On May 11, 2023
Bayelsa brass iland 2013
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by worldclass68(m): 10:22am On May 11, 2023
41 Engineer brigade, 1 Division Nigerian army, Dalet Barrack Kaduna, 2021
Black gold camp. Batch B, stream 1b 2020.

One of the best moments of the my life.....although mixed with ups and downs, but I really enjoyed every bit of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Onyi90(m): 10:24am On May 11, 2023
Okpena Loko LGA in Nasarawa State. 2014/2015
I Will leave most of my experience to my humble self.

A very remote area where Corpers were literally worshipped.
1. However at one of the occasion, the entire community ran for their lives from Fulani attack. A very terrible period.
2. I also never took part in CDS, as a Matter of fact i didn't really know what it entails this is because to get to my PPA you need to cross about five Rivers and so many other hurdles.
3. After resumption in one of the term I discovered that some of my female underaged students have been forcefully married out to grandfather's by their parents. Very terrible experience.
Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Llight101(m): 10:24am On May 11, 2023
2019A
Anambra
Awka
National Bureau of Statistics

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by jayjay69: 10:24am On May 11, 2023
Black gold orientation camp Kaduna state.
GSS Fadan Attakar, Kaura LGA.
Nice and accommodating people.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Samajogs: 10:25am On May 11, 2023
Babangida in Taramua Local government Yobe State
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by olasaad(f): 10:27am On May 11, 2023
saintopus:

Where in Ogun State?

Mine was in ODEDA Local Government Area in 2004.

A small village called Orilé- Iporo, and PPA was OICHS

Abeokuta. Ijemo tuntun secondary school, Ibara housing estate.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by worldclass68(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2023
jayjay69:
Black gold orientation camp Kaduna state.
GSS Fadan Attakar, Kaura LGA.
Nice and accommodating people.

That's my camp, which batch ?
Mine was 2020 batch B, stream 1b, Dec.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Ebifa85(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2023
govt. day sec. sch. Goya, funtua, Katsina
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2023
Sikechukwu81:

4th Street, cleverland USA grin

Be serious for once grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:30am On May 11, 2023
Mhanie:
Lagos state
Ikeja

Na lie!
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Trojan8(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2023
Ogbunike Boys Sec School, Ogbunike, Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2023
I've read all the comments: both lies and truth. Una welldone. But I noticed that no single person served in kogi state. Why? Is it that Corp members are not sent to kogi state or what?
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Akugbe24(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2023
Bayelsa state southern ijaw AZAMA community 2013 set
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by worldclass68(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I've read all the comments: both lies and truth. Una welldone. But I noticed that no single person served in kogi state. Why? Is it that Corp members are not sent to kogi state or what?

You also lied grin....I have seen up to 4 from Kogi.

7 Likes

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Bergavis: 10:39am On May 11, 2023
Mine was Kaduna State. Marigold hotel before command secondary school in southern Kaduna. 2001/2002
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Beewhy01(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2023
Rivers coper, county grammar school Ikwerre/Etche, 2009/2010
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Jummate(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2023
2014/2015 Batch A

PPA: JosepDam Sugar Company (formerly, Nigerian Sugar Company), Bacita, Edu Local Govt, Kwara State.

A lovely place to be. Friendly people and environment.
I enjoyed every second of the moment.

I wish to visit the place once again.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Aguilar(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2023
Divine knowledge school, oba, idemili south, Anambra State 2021 batchc stream 2

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by imoh4king(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2023
Ministry of Works, Minna, Niger State.

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2023
Oko town, Oyo stateOko town, Oyo state
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Staru1(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2023
2018 bath b ,stream 1,uss unilorin, ilorin south,kwara state.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Bellotelli: 10:56am On May 11, 2023
Katsina Ala local govt of Benue state.
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Mbenny(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2023
Minna, Niger State 2015/2016
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by Laple0541(m): 11:02am On May 11, 2023
obembet:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)- One year of joy, challenges, tears and VICTORY.

Its a thing of joy and great privilege to serve our fathers land. Several people have stated their own opinion about NYSC, Some said it’s a scam, some said it’s a complete waste of time, and so on, but but to me, I see a things of Joy to serve my father's Land.

I served my dear country in one of the most beautiful state in the Nigeria, (Akwa Ibom) even though I was not happy about the village I was posted for my PPA but the villagers proved to me that Akwa Ibom people are the most wonderful tribe in Nigeria when it comes to taking care of strangers and cooking the best soup

I served in 2015/2016 batch B stream II at Nkot Nseyen, ikono local Government, Akwa Ibom state and my PPA was nkot Nseyen community secondary school.

If you are privilege to serve in Nkot Nseyen village, your one year service will be full of fun and you will beg federal government to give you extra year

My experience were mostly exciting with the Akwa Ibom people and their soup, I remember I tasted periwinkle soup for the first time there but I shouted when I was unable to break the periwinkle with my teeth, I later learn how to suck it grin

So my fellow Nairalanders, it's NYSC is 50!!! Please tell the world where and when you served and share your little experience in one sentence

Source: Obembe

You are 100% right, Akwa Ibom is my second state of origin even though am a Yoruba man, I adopted the state due to the friendly and generous nature of her people.

Prior to the service, I had a misconception about the state due to misinformation, I was sad when I was posted there but the people proved me totally wrong. I served in Batch B 2007/08, Mkpat Enin LGA, till today, I still maintain contact with few individuals from the area.

Thanks for this post, it really brought back the good memory of my service year.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by uiadiale12345(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2023
Gboko benue batch C 2014/2015 set
Re: NYSC Is 50! Please Tell The World Where You Served. by prepresh(f): 11:04am On May 11, 2023
Emohua, Rivers state

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Alawe Increment How True? / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi / My NYSC Experience In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.