Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis (34301 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Gkay1(m): 12:48pm On May 11, 2023
Who is lying to us, Dangote or online rumors
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Goodman2023: 12:48pm On May 11, 2023
Why are people celebrating... thought two particular regions said oil is not important anymore..
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 12:49pm On May 11, 2023
mysticwarrior:
They are trying to monopolized the refining sector.

You people just write rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by sparko1(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2023
Pascal9:
Building refinery in the age of renewable energy and electric car and trucks, he should have built an LNG, at least gas will still be relevant in yrs to come.poor foresight . I hope he won't lobby to suppress the adoption of electric cars in Nigeria

Just shut up, people still use horses for transportation, it will take at least 50-100 years before everyone will go the way of renewable energy by which time lots of people might have died of hunger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by victorikpe(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless Dangote, the CEO
God bless BAT, the president elect.
God bless PMB and PYO
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
God bless SW SS NW NE and NC

Naso u hate SE? 🤔🙄
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Realtor001(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-begins-operations-amid-lingering-fuel-crisis/
Great development for our Country.
Meanwhile lands around that area are still available at the moment.
Hit me up on 09075632298...
Hurry now before it's too late.

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by mysticwarrior(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2023
Saga16:

You people just write rubbish.
hmm e be like you no know wetin wan happen.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 11, 2023
Alexpeters:
One of this administration biggest achievement. Could this be why our refineries are yet to function to its full capacity as they promised during the campaign years back ?

How is a private individual's business investment, an achievement of a government administration?

Or is this your own attempt at humour?!
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2023
yesloaded:

There's something we call scale of preference in economics

How much have we realized from the railway service?

How many times have you board train this year?

How many times have you bought petrol this week?

You get my point now?

Considering that we have a lot of work to do on the rail system...which was messed up from the 1970's to the 1990's and then basically abandoned till GEJ started some serious work on it, and Buhari kept it up, I'm not surprised it is taking so long. We are doing what should have been done three decades ago today.

Better support rail ways, or keep on supporting them dangerous Dangote trucks. (Having been hit by one in my car at night on a highway....na God wey say it is not my time, I don't like them).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 12:55pm On May 11, 2023
Abudu2000:
you are kidding electric cars aside it being expensive and another reason is low power output thus making it infeasible for trucks and heavy duties, it’s selling fast in the state now. Though the batteries depreciate fast but compared to the cost of maintaining combustion engines and parts replacements not to mention its zero noise emission it is worth every penny spent on it.
Do you realize the amount of damage these exhaust smokes is causing to this plannet, most cancers have been traced to it.

At this era when everyone is working towards every option to phase out combustion engines, even top car brands like jaguar,volvo, benz and others have announced they will be shifting production into electric cars. Toyota is exploring more into electric cars since their hybrid variat performance was poor with bad reviews they ve announced to invest more in electric vehicles meanwhile dangote is here throwing billions buying steel pipes to convey oil, misplaced priorities.

You want to know why nigeria is yet to have 24hours electricity meanwhile small ghana here has moved on from darkness, these billionaires are the reason we are still suffering in this country. I even heard power distribution companies take bribes from filling stations to turn power of hust to sell fuel.

You seem angry about something.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 12:56pm On May 11, 2023
mysticwarrior:
hmm e be like you no know wetin wan happen.

Did we have fuel before?

Fuel has always been an oligopoly.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Microwhy: 12:56pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless PMB and PYO
Where is SE?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by BreconHills(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2023
TheboyGhost:
Nigeria is dangote
Dangote is Nigeria.

Enough said, I wish the good people of Nigeria Success that is if they are successful anyway because Dangote will need to source for products from Biafra land first before the supposed Nigerian useless Economy booms.

Not sure the ND will agree with your definition of Biafra land
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by tellsblinks(m): 12:58pm On May 11, 2023
Pascal9:
Building refinery in the age of renewable energy and electric car and trucks, he should have built an LNG, at least gas will still be relevant in yrs to come.poor foresight . I hope he won't lobby to suppress the adoption of electric cars in Nigeria

Deeepp
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by yesloaded: 12:58pm On May 11, 2023
nairalanda1:

Considering that we have a lot of work to do on the rail system...which was messed up from the 1970's to the 1990's and then basically abandoned till GEJ started some serious work on it, and Buhari kept it up, I'm not surprised it is taking so long. We are doing what should have been done three decades ago today.

Better support rail ways, or keep on supporting them dangerous Dangote trucks. (Having been hit by one in my car at night on a highway....na God wey say it is not my time, I don't like them).

Don't get me wrong, we need working rail system but I can assure you that the said railway network by PMB administration is not working to full capacity for even ordinary Lagos - Ibadan so it will not stop anything in respect to dangote truck

Expect more of dangote truck after commissioning of the refinery

If we have modular refinery in at least 6 different states, I see no reason filling station in edo will source for fuel from Lagos when delta is very close to them.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by olakan22: 1:00pm On May 11, 2023
This should be treated with caution. Just last month, there were reports that the refinery was not going to be ready until say 2025.
Buhari is looking to borrow another $800million to fund his social intervention to cushion subsidy removal effects.
The fact that Dangote has pushed to be the only one licensed to import refined products once his refinery starts working is enough caution. At this time, the Dangote refinery is perhaps not the best for our petrol industry
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 1:03pm On May 11, 2023
Greenfusion:
Dangote could build a refinery in like 3 years, yet Nigeria govt couldn't, they have been fixing the existing every year with no success for 8 solid years, 8 solid years of waste.....wahala

First of.all, it wasn't 3 years but 8 for the actual construction.

Secondly, there's the common saying that government has no business being in business.

Private enterprise would do better than government when it comes to business because they have more incentive not to fail.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Menclothing: 1:03pm On May 11, 2023
yesloaded:

I'm sure you can see that I never praised those administration, I only point out to the fact that if government to build refinery, they can

True but

Nigeria can’t pay fuel subsidy and build refinery at same time

Dangote own cost 13b dollars

He borrows from 17 foreign banks no Nigerian banks have capacity to borrow 500m dollars talkless of 1 billion dollars

Calculate our yearly budget in dollars it’s not up to a state in USA

And to repair old refinery no company is ready to do it the technology behind that is obsolete only new once can work

Refinery needs maintenance they allow former one spoil finish

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Arabk25: 1:04pm On May 11, 2023
Menclothing:
Building a refinery is open to every investor over 250 people given license only dangote don start

You all don’t want to take business risk and quick to call someone a monopoly

There is no business dangote is doing in Nigeria that minimum of 4 company is not giving licence

My brother know this today monopoly has a very big role to play here.

There are men in this country who are far 3times richer than dangote who can even finance this refinery project without borrowing

I can tell you that for free. Am into the oil industry I know what am saying. Do you think dangote is only the sole owner of that refinery? My friend this country is way too big for anybody to even comprehend. There are so many share holders in that refinery that you don't know about. I reserve my comment but have this in mind, Nigeria government can't give you a license to build such refinery without benefiting from it.

There are so many corrupt politicians that are share holders in that company with stolen money that you don't know about.

Fear who no fear Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by easzypeaszy(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2023
Why should Buhari inaugurate it May 22..We already ahve new gov
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by boldtruthalways: 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless PMB and PYO
You don't have sense at all. That's all I will tell you. Why exclude SE in your so called stup^d blessing. Whether you like it or not, they are blessed with extraordinary blessing by God and there's nothing your silly hatred can do about it. With all the suffocation on their investments in Nigeria, they are excelling like no other. You can't march them because they are a blessed people by God.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by pharmaking: 1:07pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless PMB and PYO

God bless SE too, but Peter Obi will never be our President.

Him and his followers will continue to labour in vain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 1:08pm On May 11, 2023
Buddha3:

How is a private individual's business investment, an achievement of a government administration?

Or is this your own attempt at humour?!

Its success is government's success, because the business is of strategic national interest.

To ensure it was completed, government provided support in terms of cheaper forex, acted as guarantors with creditors, gave waivers and overarching support in various other ways.

When those facilities were being lent to Dangote for this project, many observers criticised the government for doing so.

Same onlookers should commend the government now that the fruits are yielding.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 1:09pm On May 11, 2023
Arabk25:

There are men in this country who are far 3times richer than dangote who can even finance this refinery project without borrowing

I can tell you that for free. Am into the oil industry I know what am saying. Do you think dangote is only the sole owner of that refinery? My friend this country is way too big for anybody to even comprehend. There are so many share holders in that refinery that you don't know about. I reserve my comment but have this in mind, Nigeria government can't give you a license to build such refinery without benefiting from it.

There are so many corrupt politicians that are share holders in that company with stolen money that you don't know about.

Fear who no fear Nigeria

Nobody in Nigeria is as rich as Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by TUTU147: 1:09pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless PMB and PYO
East have been blessed by God Almighty already, the only region with best human capital and home for oil and gas.If not for government inability to do the right thing, South East is the hope of nigeria.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Menclothing: 1:09pm On May 11, 2023
Arabk25:

Fear who no fear Nigeria

You are in oil industry you don’t know many people have refinery licenses and not.

Mention that Nigerians richer than dangote
You think riches is saying am rich wearing gold

It’s your tax
Your profit
Your assets
Your numbers of staff on payroll

Dangote pay 31b as monthly salary to staff no state gov have numbers of staff like dangote

Am waiting to see the list of people richer than dangote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by IpobAntidote: 1:11pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:
If you investigate deeply you’ll realize Dangote is one major big problem we have in Nigerian government

I know you can’t relate but behind the scenes Dangote won’t be this rich if Nigerian government was working fine

These people are benefactors of bad governance

But 30k monthly warriors will come to defend him

Just another typical IPOB shallow low IQ reasoning.
Governments worldwide are required to create business-friendly environments, not create businesses. Even here in the US, governments are bragging about attracting investments. Any govt all over the world will be happy to be part of this enormous undertaking. You have to give the Lagos and federal govt some credit for creating a business-friendly environment for this business. Also, the Federal govt owns 20% of this project.
It's time for you people to stop with your usual hating sentiment that is usually devoid of any logic and common sense.
The federal and Lagos governments deserve some accolades for the project, and it is a signature project that only comes around occasionally.
Stop hating and posting rubbish trash.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by TUTU147: 1:11pm On May 11, 2023
Good one, with time many people will go into building private refinery if only Dangote will allow it.I know someone people from south East will do that better if we have a level playing ground.Congrat to Dangote group.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by RepoMan007: 1:14pm On May 11, 2023
“So, if you want to continue with fuel subsidy, the only way that the Dangote Refinery is going to be able to generate fuel at sub-international market price is if you gave Dangote subsidised crude oil. Now, Dangote is not asking for subsidised crude oil, neither are Nigerians asking for subsidised crude oil,” Aig-Imoukhuede stated.

This lie is a dull one. Being a bank MD doesn't confer wisdom or integrity as is seen here.
What needs to be done in order to maintain subsidy and allow Dangote refinery run is to buy from Dangote at the Intl market price NNPCL is currently buying from Asian refiners, then proceed to subsidize.

This liar said we have to give Dangote cheap crude in order to get subsidy. Are we giving the refiners we are currently buying from cheap crude? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by TUTU147: 1:14pm On May 11, 2023
pharmaking:

God bless SE too, but Peter Obi will never be our President.

Him and his followers will continue to labour in vain.
South East is blessed already, human capital development is the best form of development and south East is leading in that.South East is blessed with many mineral resources.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by boldtruthalways: 1:14pm On May 11, 2023
Saga16:

Nobody in Nigeria is as rich as Dangote.
Who told you? Dangotee is simply a pipe where the evil politicians in Nigeria hide under and store their stolen funds for secret investment. Do you think the refinery is his sole investment? If you think so, then you have no idea of Nigeria s corruption. There are many corrupt politicians who are secret share holders of that refinery. Why should an individuals refinery work but three government refineries cannot refine a litreof crude. May God deliver Nigeria from corruption.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 1:17pm On May 11, 2023
boldtruthalways:

Who told you? Dangotee is simy a pipe where the evil politicians in Nigeria hide under and store their stolen funds foe investment. Do you think the refinery is his sole investment? If you think so, then you have no idea of Nigeria s corruption. There are many corrupt politicians who are secret share holders of that refinery. Why should ab individuals refinery work but three government refineries cannot refine a litre. May God deliver Nigeria.

Shatap.

Guys like you disgust me.

You stay in your 6 by 6 boxes and start to speak about matters beyond your intelligence, understanding or experience.

You think na chin-chin business dem dey do?

Abeg Park well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seven Banks Fail Cbn’s Stress Test / Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months / Ariaria International Market In Aba Flooded Yesterday (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.