Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis (34305 Views)

Dangote Refinery Begins Operations / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 11, 2023
Saga16:

Its success is government's success, because the business is of strategic national interest.

To ensure it was completed, government provided support in terms of cheaper forex, acted as guarantors with creditors, gave waivers and overarching support in various other ways.

When those facilities were being lent to Dangote for this project, many observers criticised the government for doing so.

Same onlookers should commend the government now that the fruits are yielding.

Creating an enabling environment for businesses and investments to take roots and thrive, is the primary responsibility of any government.

What you're doing right now is tantamount to applauding a father in a home who pays utility bills and tuitions for the children, and terming such as achievements on his part.

If the Nigerian leadership was not so perpetually ineffective to the point the standard of leadership delivery has been so shamefully reduced to having a President commissioning drainages and roads of less than 20Km, you certainly wouldn't be here ullulating this to be an achievement.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by gaddafe(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:
If you investigate deeply you’ll realize Dangote is one major big problem we have in Nigerian government

I know you can’t relate but behind the scenes Dangote won’t be this rich if Nigerian government was working fine

These people are benefactors of bad governance

But 30k monthly warriors will come to defend him

Anyone that wants to defend him is free to. I believe this issue has been overfflogged here on NL. Dangote is a thief, pure and simple. Yaradua found out lots of shady dealings Dangote was involved in and he really dealt with him. If Yaradua had not died, Dangote would not be popular today.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by RepoMan007: 1:22pm On May 11, 2023
IpobAntidote:

Just another typical IPOB shallow ow IQ reasoning.
Govts worldwide are required to create business-friendly environments, not create businesses. Even here in the US, govts are bragging about attracting investments. Any govt all over the world will be happy to be part of this enormous undertaking. You have to give the Lagos and federal govt some credit for creating a business-friendly environment for this business. Also, the Federal govt owns 20% of this project.
It's time for you people to stop with your usual hating sentiment that is usually devoid of any logic and common sense.
The federal and Lagos govts deserve some accolades for the project, and it is a signature project that only comes around occasionally.
Stop hating and posting rubbish trash.
The person you replied is right and you are wrong sir.
Dangote is addicted to monopoly and BUA's interference has denied him that for some times now.

These people are all working together behind the scene to enslave Nigerians.
See what Access Bank MD is talking:

“So, if you want to continue with fuel subsidy, the only way that the Dangote Refinery is going to be able to generate fuel at sub-international market price is if you gave Dangote subsidised crude oil. Now, Dangote is not asking for subsidised crude oil, neither are Nigerians asking for subsidised crude oil,” Aig-Imoukhuede stated.
does it make any sense. They are supporting Dangote to fix prices that's above international market prices by discouraging NNPCL from maintaining contact from Asian refiners. Are we giving Asian refiners cheap crude? But this dude is saying we have to give Dangote cheap crude to get cheap petrol when we know subsidy is about paying part of the final open market cost and not about forcefully buying petrol cheap from Dangote. If we buy from Dangote, it becomes easy to know the volume going towards Nigerians and these people don't want that.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by TUTU147: 1:22pm On May 11, 2023
Cyberterror:
Recall that so many oil refinery licenses were given prior to and same time as the Dangote refinery but only him made good of his licence while others used theirs for petrol importation fiat or sold the license outright to other con business men like them. So when you see people especially Igbos hating on Dangote for his patriotism to Nigeria, you begin to wonder what offence Dangote committed against them.
This is where I dislike some people, how do know Igbos hate Dangote.Igbos are doing well in their own type of business.Everybody must not do the same type of business.Igbo man is building cars today, Dangote is building cement.It is division of labor and it is good for the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by FODA(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2023
Thewickedpharoh:
“It takes a person with a heart like Dangote to borrow money to invest and build a big refinery like he has built, hoping to recover his investments and as well contribute to the economy.
seems he loves the country,he might not be happy with our myopic leaders ,but must dine and mingle wt them to have his way.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by RepoMan007: 1:24pm On May 11, 2023
Alexpeters:
One of this administration biggest achievement. Could this be why our refineries are yet to function to its full capacity as they promised during the campaign years back ?
and what is tying the destiny of govt refineries to Dangote refinery?
You guys keep manufacturing silly excuse for a colossal failure.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Spanki(f): 1:24pm On May 11, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-begins-operations-amid-lingering-fuel-crisis/

The Federal Government funny enough have a way of showing to the whole wide world that they lack the innate capacity to function appropriately.

While all our refineries are moribund despite swallowing several billion of unjustified dollars for decades, Dangote Refinery came to birth and overtook the Federal Government despite all the power, money and resources at their disposal.

Quite unfortunate! And until the head of state is made accountable by all means for every Kobo this form of epileptic kleptomaniac kinda leadership that we have always had which is brought upon ourselves due to tribal and religious sentiments, then there is no way this country can become better.

Dangote Refinery that he started some years ago came alive while the ones that represents national interest which can make life easier for all Nigerians to benefit from the dividends of democracy is laid low. Bloody nonsense!!! Bull shit!

Please am not angry at all with Dangote who saw a niche that was created by sarcastic detrimental leadership and quickly saw a need to make a fortune from it. Live Long Dangote! Smart dude! Thank you for citing it in Lagos... More IGR for Lagos State..😎
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Arabk25: 1:25pm On May 11, 2023
Saga16:

Nobody in Nigeria is as rich as Dangote.

Lol I just laughed when I saw you comments

My guy listen let me tell you something dangote has funds no problem I agree

There are billionaires in $ in this country that you don't even know

Let Nigerian government gives a level playground for business and watch the number dangote will find himself among the rich in Nigeria.

Baba there are things behind the scene don't you don't know. Dangote has high level monopoly direct from federal level.

Deadly politicians steal, borrow Nigeria money to invest with the brand name Dangote. Bros you don't know what is happening in these country called Nigeria.

Dangote will continue to be Nigeria and African richest man reason best known to the government that you don't know
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by bonnyhope: 1:27pm On May 11, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-begins-operations-amid-lingering-fuel-crisis/

Such a misleading headline

That factory is not close to producing except he wants to import and sell

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Solsix(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2023
Alexpeters:
One of this administration biggest achievement. Could this be why our refineries are yet to function to its full capacity as they promised during the campaign years back ?
This project started during GEJ tenure.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by uvie66: 1:34pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:
If you investigate deeply you’ll realize Dangote is one major big problem we have in Nigerian government

I know you can’t relate but behind the scenes Dangote won’t be this rich if Nigerian government was working fine

nonsense talk, we can say it applies to everything the government operates, from secondary schools, private university, generator merchants at Alaba , private hospitals etc, the list goes on on.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by zelnababa(m): 1:36pm On May 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless Dangote, the CEO
God bless BAT, the president elect.
God bless PMB and PYO
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
God bless SW SS NW NE and NC
d chest beater region unkan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Arabk25: 1:39pm On May 11, 2023
boldtruthalways:

Who told you? Dangotee is simply a pipe where the evil politicians in Nigeria hide under and store their stolen funds for secret investment. Do you think the refinery is his sole investment? If you think so, then you have no idea of Nigeria s corruption. There are many corrupt politicians who are secret share holders of that refinery. Why should an individuals refinery work but three government refineries cannot refine a litreof crude. May God deliver Nigeria from corruption.

Chai jesus God bless the womb that gave birth to you

I feel like wiring you 2k make you take sub your line

Who's Dangote when it comes to business in Nigeria even for this way we they Dangote nah small boy when men way funds the talk.

I don't know if you know Dangote as a name of a person but know this today Dangote is a company corrupt politicians steal Nigeria money, borrow heavily with Nigeria to invest
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Ellasure: 1:40pm On May 11, 2023
too much publicity for a non producing chemical plant. are some people cashing out big time from the construction stage and the worldwide advertisements on the construction alone.

can we have news of the current actual daily refined products. please stop deceiving us. we know that the plant will surely come to completion and production.

is dangote making money from the construction stage?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Hussein035: 1:41pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:

Dont give a personal business credit to useless government

If Government was handling Dangote business he would have gone bankrupt

Buhari is a joke

Tinubu is an impending disaster

I realized your brain is not working. Do you think if the population and economic policy of Lagos is not good enough Dangote will ever think of building refinery
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by donnie2016: 1:45pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:

Have you ever asked yourself what happened to those others who were given licenses the same time as Dangote?most of them being southerners, simply used it as a way to be importing refined fuel and did nothing about the refining
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Fearyourcreator: 1:56pm On May 11, 2023
taylor89:

See wahala... Person builds his business to this stage of having a great positioning ... Go sleep oga... Even elon musk and Jeff dey fight for go government contract...
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Innomach(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2023
Generalwoodz:
Dangote would be successful against all odds. He's got the government unshakeable backing and towering support.

The downside? Look at what's he's presently doing with cement where he commands supreme respect. Same shit is gonna be replicated.

At the end of the day, he keep getting way more richer and he's 10 generations won't smell or drink the tea of poverty .

On the other hand, the larger population of this country would keep suffering and smiling till the 7 generation.

Because the refinery wasn't built in the first place to alleviate the daily suffering of the average Nigerian. rather to cash out because the government has maintained a Nationwide decrepit, moribund, and obsolete refineries.

In other news: who has LinkedIn account? I wanna buy

I have, how much are you ganna pay?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Fearyourcreator: 1:58pm On May 11, 2023
Cyberterror:
Recall that so many oil refinery licenses were given prior to and same time as the Dangote refinery but only him made good of his licence while others used theirs for petrol importation fiat or sold the license outright to other con business men like them. So when you see people especially Igbos hating on Dangote for his patriotism to Nigeria, you begin to wonder what offence Dangote committed against them.
Dangote is a longtime investors unlike those ones ... Na sharp sharp money
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Coronavirus1: 1:59pm On May 11, 2023
Abudu2000:
When Americans and other countries are already using electrical cars. Dangote is one of the reasons nigeria will never have steady power because they are directly benefiting from it.

As of my knowledge cutoff date of 2021, there were many countries using electric cars, but the number varied depending on the specific definition and criteria used for what qualifies as an electric car. According to the International Energy Agency, there were over 10 million electric cars on the road worldwide in 2020, with China, Europe, and the United States being the largest markets.

However, I cannot provide an updated number beyond my knowledge cutoff date.

Regarding your statement about the Dangote Refinery being the best thing that happened to Nigeria, that is a subjective opinion and can be open to debate. The refinery is expected to be the largest in Africa and could potentially have significant economic benefits for Nigeria, but there may also be potential environmental and social impacts to consider. It is important to carefully evaluate all aspects of such a large project before making a definitive statement about its overall impact.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Fearyourcreator: 2:00pm On May 11, 2023
Pascal9:
Building refinery in the age of renewable energy and electric car and trucks, he should have built an LNG, at least gas will still be relevant in yrs to come.poor foresight . I hope he won't lobby to suppress the adoption of electric cars in Nigeria
You know better than the richest Blackman in the world... I dey pity some of you sha

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Arabk25: 2:01pm On May 11, 2023
Even for this Lagos way we they Top 200 men way get bastard money Dangote no go make the list.

We're talking about business men that owns money you're calling Dangote ( company where politicians steal from Nigeria and get covered)

If late yaradua was to be alive today Dangote would have been nobody because he discovered a lot of corrupt practices going on in his company.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by blueAgent(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2023
Alexpeters:

Crap.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Generalwoodz(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2023
Innomach:

I have, how much are you ganna pay?

How old bro?
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Saga16: 2:11pm On May 11, 2023
Arabk25:

Lol I just laughed when I saw you comments

My guy listen let me tell you something dangote has funds no problem I agree

There are billionaires in $ in this country that you don't even know

Let Nigerian government gives a level playground for business and watch the number dangote will find himself among the rich in Nigeria.

Baba there are things behind the scene don't you don't know. Dangote has high level monopoly direct from federal level.

Deadly politicians steal, borrow Nigeria money to invest with the brand name Dangote. Bros you don't know what is happening in these country called Nigeria.

Dangote will continue to be Nigeria and African richest man reason best known to the government that you don't know

Billionaires that make nothing abi?

Billionaires that own nothing in Nigeria or other nations abi?

The average Nigerian is actually a blockhead.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by blueAgent(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2023
Arabk25:

My brother know this today monopoly has a very big role to play here.

There are men in this country who are far 3times richer than dangote who can even finance this refinery project without borrowing

I can tell you that for free. Am into the oil industry I know what am saying. Do you think dangote is only the sole owner of that refinery? My friend this country is way too big for anybody to even comprehend. There are so many share holders in that refinery that you don't know about. I reserve my comment but have this in mind, Nigeria government can't give you a license to build such refinery without benefiting from it.

There are so many corrupt politicians that are share holders in that company with stolen money that you don't know about.

Fear who no fear Nigeria

Story.

Tell me something.

Men in nigeria who worth more than Dangote!!!

Joker.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by NinjaMetahuman: 2:11pm On May 11, 2023
nairalanda1:

Electric cars and trucks are not in widespread use yet.

In the USA, about 1% of cars sold are electric...the rest are all petrol or petrol/electric hybrids.

You are making a good point, but the world hasn't gotten electric yet. First we need to develop nuclear fusion, then a good transmission system to carry the resultant power, then a battery that does not depreciate with each charge, then we will see.
oga Ade stop spreading ignorance.

Electric vehicle sales are on massive increase in the USA

From 0.01% in 2012 that first Tesla was introduced, it has increased to over 5 percent in 2022.

The reason it's not been more than that is because uneducated folks who still love their big gas guslers in red states and because electric vehicles are still very expensive compared to gas alternative.

Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by blueAgent(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2023
27Pushing30:
edo has two modular refineries - 1. Edo refinery 2. Duport Refinery

Imo has one modular refinery

No talk wetin you no know

This government has really tried in promoting infrastructure... we needed these guys back in 1999 when the general macro economy wasn't suffocative.

Rubbish.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by blueAgent(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2023
Abudu2000:
you are kidding electric cars aside it being expensive and another reason is low power output thus making it infeasible for trucks and heavy duties, it’s selling fast in the state now. Though the batteries depreciate fast but compared to the cost of maintaining combustion engines and parts replacements not to mention its zero noise emission it is worth every penny spent on it.
Do you realize the amount of damage these exhaust smokes is causing to this plannet, most cancers have been traced to it.

At this era when everyone is working towards every option to phase out combustion engines, even top car brands like jaguar,volvo, benz and others have announced they will be shifting production into electric cars. Toyota is exploring more into electric cars since their hybrid variat performance was poor with bad reviews they ve announced to invest more in electric vehicles meanwhile dangote is here throwing billions buying steel pipes to convey oil, misplaced priorities.

You want to know why nigeria is yet to have 24hours electricity meanwhile small ghana here has moved on from darkness, these billionaires are the reason we are still suffering in this country. I even heard power distribution companies take bribes from filling stations to turn power of hust to sell fuel.

See the trash you wrote here .

Every body wants to sound hippie and woke.

Before you continue with your renewable jargon.

Do you know how many refineries are in US state of Texas and Carlifornia alone talkless of the entire US and Europe?

This are the ppl you are copying on your renewable agenda.
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by almayda: 2:17pm On May 11, 2023
Obviously you are not happy,inasmuch as we all agree that many things are not working well in Nigeria and its saddening,how is it that you are still unhappy when you hear that progress is being made in certain areas?
taylor89:

Dont give a personal business credit to useless government

If Government was handling Dangote business he would have gone bankrupt

Buhari is a joke

Tinubu is an impending disaster
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by tosynAB(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2023
Alexpeters:

U be backward master
Re: Dangote Refinery Begins Operations Amid Lingering Fuel Crisis by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 11, 2023
🥰🥰😘
Believe me when i say, "This Is A Beautifully Welcomed Development"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seven Banks Fail Cbn’s Stress Test / Ariaria International Market In Aba Flooded Yesterday (Pictures, Video) / Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.