Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People (31900 Views)

Madagascar Passes Bill To Castrate Child Rapists / Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads / Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 12, 2023
Talk about junk, fatty unhealthy foods, you'd find it in the western world. They're the masters of junk eating
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 12, 2023
Nigeria, only the very rich are overweight.

It's practically impossible to be overweight in Nigeria unless you're one of the very rich.

In the western world, the poor are mostly overweight.

1 Like

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by 8stargeneral: 6:43pm On May 12, 2023
We need such law in Nigeria

Fat people dey collect wotowoto in naija
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Robbinhood: 6:48pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Yes. At the same time fat shaming, body shaming, sexual shaming, sexualizing, etc should be discouraged!

To begin with, fat shaming is ineffective in terms of encouraging people to lose weight. In fact, it often has the opposite effect, causing people to become defensive and even more resistant to making healthy changes.

What’s more, fat shaming is harmful to people’s mental health. It can lead to feelings of self-hatred and low self-esteem, and can even contribute to eating disorders.

Another thing, is that fat shaming is simply mean-spirited and unkind. It is not constructive, and does nothing but make people feel bad about themselves. We should be striving to build each other up, not tear each other down!
Word salad means nothing.

Stop stuffing junk into your face and you'll not be fat.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Robbinhood: 6:49pm On May 12, 2023
Neddstark:
Moment i learnt that being fat is about different body metabolisms, i stopped disciminating fat people. However, being too overweight is detrimental to health.
How many percent of fat people are fat cos of their metabolism?

STOP STUFFING YOUR FACE WITH JUNKS.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Seagodess(f): 6:50pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Yes. At the same time fat shaming, body shaming, sexual shaming, sexualizing, etc should be discouraged!

To begin with, fat shaming is ineffective in terms of encouraging people to lose weight. In fact, it often has the opposite effect, causing people to become defensive and even more resistant to making healthy changes.

What’s more, fat shaming is harmful to people’s mental health. It can lead to feelings of self-hatred and low self-esteem, and can even contribute to eating disorders.

Another thing, is that fat shaming is simply mean-spirited and unkind. It is not constructive, and does nothing but make people feel bad about themselves. We should be striving to build each other up, not tear each other down!
you just dey find nairaland mode by force grin... be calming down
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Scamburster(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2023
ukaface:
In Nigeria they need to stop
Discriminating lepa people
It’s not our fault that we’re slim and have no front and back. Thank you
We’re not the victim.
Your pictures or....

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Scamburster(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2023
KarinaSlim:
Stop Discrimination.

But try to loose the extra weight if not for anything but atleast for health reasons.

It will pay you in future.

I'm glad I have a flat tommy.

I even have a flat tommy more than some guys sef.
Your pictures or...

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by pacespot(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2023
But fat people are seen as rich people here in Nigeria.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Ihedinuwa69(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2023
Nigerian law should ban anything related to state of origin, Local government of origin indications.
All the sheets that has to do with where one comes from, while looking for jobs or while looking for admissions in our respective federal universities, including all but not limited to;
Documentation application, higher institution application (especially jamb)
Job hunting application whether public or private. Name them.

That sheet has divided this country more than anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
you just dey find nairaland mode by force grin... be calming down
Mod not mode. 🤷‍♂️
And what's my business with being a mod.? If at all I'm interested I know how to reach the owner of this forum!
😏
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Seagodess(f): 7:09pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Mod not mode. 🤷‍♂️
And what's my business with being a mod.? If at all I'm interested I know how to reach the owner of this forum!
😏
reach him and email me when successful cheesy
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
reach him and email me when successful cheesy
Read carefully, son. I'm not in any interested in that position.
If I was, I would contact the owner, and it's none of ya bloody business!

You should make use of your head. Don't jump on people's mention to vomit trash!
You aren't a kid anymore.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Seagodess(f): 7:14pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Read carefully, son. I'm not in any interested in that position.
If I was, I would contact the owner, and it's none of ya bloody business!

You should make use of your head. Don't jump on people's mention to vomit trash!
You aren't a kid anymore.
why are you so pained by my comment if I wasn't saying the truth grin
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Pakman: 7:16pm On May 12, 2023
The NEW WORLD ORDER will make every abnormal things normal. They will make people mad without them knowing it. Bi, lesbian, gay, transgender, obesity, Artificial foods, bio weapons, Artificial Intelligence. They will make sure they bring humanity to its knees.
They even warn you through movies before they strike, but a lot of people are blind and don't see with their minds.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
why are you so pained by my comment if I wasn't saying the truth grin
I was only addressing your cyber misconduct, and the fact that you fail to heed correction is quite worrisome.

I'm allergic to trolls! 🤷‍♂️
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Seagodess(f): 7:31pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

I was only addressing your cyber misconduct, and the fact that you fail to heed correction is quite worrisome.

I'm allergic to trolls! 🤷‍♂️
guy go look bush... bye
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by kelspinall(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2023
lolz
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Tsongz(f): 7:49pm On May 12, 2023
But no issue when they call people “thin” grin
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by dickt(m): 7:50pm On May 12, 2023
They should pass a bill against discrimination against short people too. This is for women, the short people's bill is to be for men
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by BOYS2MEN: 7:50pm On May 12, 2023
Diz ones dem don go far meanwhile we still dey pass bill for livestock grazing.....TUEHHH!!!!!!
HonNL:

SOURCE
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Creeper: 7:52pm On May 12, 2023
Most Americans are morbidly obese and there’s no point shaming them since obesity is a norm in that country. So, this makes a lot of sense. However, if you don’t shame gluttonous cows - how are they going to know that the lifestyle is unhealthy?

The fattest people I have seen in my life was when I went to the US. Some of them can’t even walk and they have to use motorised carts to move around. That’s what GMO foods and 4XL portions can cause.
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by emperor4love(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Michelle my former Client go happy die
were una de c ya see Yankee Pablo sef
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Desusi: 8:10pm On May 12, 2023
Hotwest:
There are alot of very fat people in the states.
If all things being equal and the economy is superb,there's nothing wrong for being fat and overweight. Nonetheless, too much of everything is bad. Unfortunately,however, such law cannot work here in view of poor economy and hardship suffered by people. A suasion where even oyinbo cats and dogs are weightier than humans here.

2 Likes

Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by blowjohn(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2023
They Shud also stop discrimination against short people.
Imagine in Nigeria Dem dey call short males ' short man devil!'
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Desusi: 8:23pm On May 12, 2023
NwaIgboBoy:
Igbo people are one of the best things that has ever happen to Nigeria
Tell me more,by how?
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
guy go look bush... bye
Take correction, and stop wailing! 🤷‍♂️
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Codes151(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2023
you people like bringing news that add nothing to our current situation .

how does uk news affect us?

seriously una need job in this country
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by CartelKenneth: 9:08pm On May 12, 2023
Ft people should be bullied until they slim down
There is no advantage of being fat it leads to a whole host of diseases diabetes unattractiveness e.t.c…
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by ruffDiamond: 9:10pm On May 12, 2023
I don't like fat people . period! angry I can't even recollect how many times I had to angrily refuse to board public transport or even got down fast on sighting one trying to sit next to me!they usually unconcerned about the inconveniences they cause while boarding public transport like cab or bus.infact I heard that some airlines operators some deplane their fat a**to go by road or even canoe make plane no go fall angry wetin a girl go dey eat till her slim curvy a**got blown out of proportion na sad
Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by Brunosamel(m): 9:22pm On May 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

WTF are you saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Belarus Forces Plane To Land And Arrests Journalist, Roman Protasevich (Video) / I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast / Stampede Erupts At Ramadan Charity Distribution In Sanaa: 85 Killed, 322 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.