Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It (1148 Views)

Between Fashola And Datti Baba Ahmed. See How Fashola Was Destroyed In Seconds / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / The Correct Ayedaade Result Before It Was Destroyed By Inec Official - channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by obembet(f): 8:39am On May 15, 2023
I saw alot of people unfriend themselves because of Thier political views, alot of people have Insulted themselves, curse Thier tribes and family just because of politics.

Many people also have mentality that if president come from Thier region, it will make Thier region a better place than every other region, but they never learn from Jonathan, Obasanjo and Buhari experience

From my little experience, Politicians will eat on the same table after insult and embarrassed themselves on national TV.

Let me share some we examples of Politicians who Embarrassed themselves because of Thier personal Interest, yet they are still good friends

Olagunsoye Oyinloa vs Aregbesola

Both of them were Osun state formal Governors, if you ask anybody from Osun about Osun between 2007-2009, it was terrible, you will think that both of them will kill themselves whenever they see each other one on one. But guess what, it was help of Oyinloa that make aregbesola win second terms, Oyinlola work massively for Buhari 2015. The bad new about this is that many people lose Thier life because of this people expecially in Ilesha Osun State

2. Good luck Jonathan and Tinubu

Tinubu as always be on opposition side base on his own political views, this same Tinubu work massively for Jonathan 2011 when he abandoned his own party man. If you see Jonathan and Tinubu working together, don't be surprised, they were good friend before politics.

Atiku vs Tinubu

It's visible to the blinds that Atiku and his good friend Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as work together many times both in politics and friendship part. Both candidates respect themselves in everyway and after politics, they are still friends.

Atiku and Peter Obi

Peter Obi and Atiku is like father and son both in politics and and fatherly love for many years, both of them are in same party before presidential election and peter Obi still respect Atiku even after election.

Wike and Tinubu

Everyone believe that wike and APC are two parallel lines, but guess what, it's all a game of interest, they are all one before and after election. I remember when wike share how Tinubu help him when he almost lose Biokpomabo Awara, since then, everyone who understand politics will know that this people are same. They only fight on national TV because of person interest.

Keyomo, FFK vs Tinubu

I remember when kayemo sue Tinubu for drug case 2002 while FFK vow to die if he ever support APC., All this is just a game. They are all friends.

Now see how this people playing their games just because of Thier personal Interest yet you almost kill your friend because his own political views. How does it sound you?

Many people even unfriend thier guys because of politicians.

conclusion

So any friendship that was destroyed because of the election wasn't worth it in the first place.

Kindly add yours

Source: Obembe Tosin

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

9 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by sonature1: 8:48am On May 15, 2023
I don't have a problem severing ties with someone who openly campaigned and voted for a known druglord. If I make friends with such people, I have lost the locus standi to punish my son for smoking ganja or sniffing crack cocaine! This, to the best of my knowledge, is common sense!

11 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by donbachi(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2023
Dis 2023 own...na permanent oo.
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Zionmdde: 8:57am On May 15, 2023
Only poor and jobless men break their worthless friendships. A visionary man needs individuals from all tribes to succeed. A good business don't choose his customers or partners based on sentiments

Even those politicians are doing their own business, and they align where they can get the highest ROI

But u see jobless fools, they swear for them. And they are plenty here, bigots

7 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by SpatialKing(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2023
I ended my friendship with some people in 2015 because they campaigned and voted for Buhari... One of them studied Civil Engineering he currently sells used phones in Computer Village he has not gotten a job since 2017...

4 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by tonytony208(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2023
Some friendships aren't worth keeping.

For example, a Yoruba man that calls his fellow Yoruba man an omo ale because that person refuses to vote for APC is a useless tribal bigot not deserving attention for a lifetime.

It reveals that the person is a total idiot with his brain stuck in the stone age.

Why should any reasonable person be friends with such a disgustingly bigotic person?

3 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Nobody: 9:03am On May 15, 2023
obembet:
I saw alot of people unfriend themselves because of Thier political views, alot of people have Insulted themselves, curse Thier tribes and family just because of politics.

Many people also have mentality that if president come from Thier region, it will make Thier region a better place than every other region, but they never learn from Jonathan, Obasanjo and Buhari experience

From my little experience, Politicians will eat on the same table after insult and embarrassed themselves on national TV.

Let me share some we examples of Politicians who Embarrassed themselves because of Thier personal Interest, yet they are still good friends

Both of them were Osun state formal Governors, if you ask anybody from Osun about Osun between 2007-2009, it was terrible, you will think that both of them will kill themselves whenever they see each other one on one. But guess what, it was help of Oyinloa that make aregbesola win second terms, Oyinlola work massively for Buhari 2015. The bad new about this is that many people lose Thier life because of this people expecially in Ilesha Osun State

Tinubu as always be on opposition side base on his own political views, this same Tinubu work massively for Jonathan 2011 when he abandoned his own party man. If you see Jonathan and Tinubu working together, don't be surprised, they were good friend before politics.

Atiku vs Tinubu

It's visible to the blinds that Atiku and his good friend Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as work together many times both in politics and friendship part. Both candidates respect themselves in everyway and after politics, they are still friends.

Atiku and Peter Obi

Peter Obi and Atiku is like father and son both in politics and and fatherly love for many years, both of them are in same party before presidential election and peter Obi still respect Atiku even after election.

Wike and Tinubu

Everyone believe that wike and APC are two parallel lines, but guess what, it's all a game of interest, they are all one before and after election. I remember when wike share how Tinubu help him when he almost lose Biokpomabo Awara, since then, everyone who understand politics will know that this people are same. They only fight on national TV because of person interest.

Keyomo, FFK vs Tinubu

I remember when kayemo sue Tinubu for drug case 2002 while FFK vow to die if he ever support APC., All this is just a game. They are all friends.

Now see how this people playing their games just because of Thier personal Interest yet you almost kill your friend because his own political views. How does it sound you?

conclusion

So any friendship that was destroyed because of the election wasn't worth it in the first place.

Kindly add yours

Oh so na now you realize say your friends don cut you off because them don realise say you be snake abi?

You con create thread to rewrite book of lamentions biko rest
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Nobody: 9:06am On May 15, 2023
SpatialKing:
I ended my friendship with some people in 2015 because they campaigned and voted for Buhari... One of them studied Civil Engineering he currently sells used phones in Computer Village he has not gotten a job since 2017...

If you check very well I'm sure he still supported tinubu..some people just decide to be unfortunate by themselves
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by slivertongue: 9:07am On May 15, 2023
Na southern people wahala be that
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by OloyeVIII: 9:13am On May 15, 2023
I've cut ties for far less, but if you did waste your vote...mehn! that hits different.. i'll burn that bridge, then flood the ground.
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by AntiChristian: 9:22am On May 15, 2023
Politics shouldn't be like this! I have families and friends that voted for Obi while I didn't! We argued and still relate well today! I know some like you who have decided not to help anyone they knew voted for BAT!

Whatever man go be he go be with or without your friendship!

Even in Obi's 8yrs Anambra state Governorship, how many jobs did he created for Anambra youths apart from his brewery?
And who says all of us will eat from what we study?

SpatialKing:

Rayban25:

If you check very well I'm sure he still supported tinubu..some people just decide to be unfortunate by themselves

3 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by obembet(f): 9:37am On May 15, 2023
Rayban25:

Oh so na now you realize say your friends don cut you off because them don realise say you be snake abi?

You con create thread to rewrite book of lamentions biko rest

I don't just pick anyhow person as a friends, I selected people that matters, people that can contribute into my life positively, people that we argue together to learn. I have help two of my Igbo friends to get job while some of my Igbo friends link me with business that I earn up to 6 digits even after this election. I never choose fools as a friends even from my University time.

All my Igbo friends know that I never pretend and they all aware that I never support obi for once and they reason with me. You can continue with your hatred and backwards way of life if it works for you.

Nlfpmod

3 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Bobloco: 9:42am On May 15, 2023
obembet:

Atiku vs Tinubu

Atiku and Peter Obi

Wike and Tinubu

Keyomo, FFK vs Tinubu

conclusion

Kindly add yours

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

Obembet, sometimes it worth it

Let me ask you, what is the moral thing to do when you realise that your friend supports a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker, a character with identity crisis, an individual who built a conduit pipe from the coffers of lagos State treasury to his personal company to become the president of Nigeria.
The best thing to do is to sever ties with such an individual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by obembet(f): 9:45am On May 15, 2023
Bobloco:

Let me ask you, what is the moral thing to do when you realise that your friend supports a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker, a character with identity crisis, an individual who built a conduit pipe from the coffers of lagos State treasury to his personal company to become the president of Nigeria.

My dear, can you tell me any of this politicians who doesn't have bad records? Put tribalism aside, check from Atiku, Tinubu and Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by obembet(f): 9:55am On May 15, 2023
SpatialKing:

Since 2017, are u the one feeding him till now? What makes you worth good friend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by SpatialKing(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2023
obembet:

Since 2017, are u the one feeding him till now? What makes you worth good friend?

Mental health....
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Peterobi90: 10:33am On May 15, 2023
If people have cut you off.. live with it.. your friendship does not matter to them...

Tell that to parents who are strughling with drug prone children..

Tell that to parents struggling with employment for their children whom end up as fraudsters...

Tell that to families that have lost tens of loved ones due to those that push for MUMU candidacy, those that believe in steal it, grab it, run with it while nothing happens...

Tell that to to the over 130m in poverty...

Its great you showed your colours.... your friendship was never worth it, and am glad most of them saw you for you.. you raised mayhem on neighbours. Killed same friends you claimed to pick specially, hurt so many relatives and judged them by the colour of their skin and facial looks, tore their ballots and then you are here blabbing gibberish... why are you not satisfied with your new found friends, birds of a feather flock together.. yeah, they are obviously the least in society, hope they gave you a warm welcome to the bandwagon...

GTFO...

2 Likes

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Godwin4444: 10:46am On May 15, 2023
Bobloco:

many of u are kids

U find it very hard to entertain contrary opinion, u have d same mindset with people who kill for religious reasons

The same way u feel obi is the best is the same way others feel tinubu is the best

Live n let live

My fiancé supported obi while I supported Tinubu, we laugh n even mock each other’s candidates n I remember one day when she wanted to collect 6k from me, she mocked tinubu tire that say n was even shouting bala blue

We both laughed n it was all love n we watched d announcement till d very moment tinubu was announced n I remember I no let her sleep that night n we laughed it all together

That’s how life should b

I am very sure if your fiancé or wife should support tinubu u can kill her or break d relationship

Many of u are just kids, as u grow in life u will learn better that u don’t do all those things u mentioned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by mrvitalis(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
Politics shouldn't be like this! I have families and friends that voted for Obi while I didn't! We argued and still relate well today! I know some like you who have decided not to help anyone they knew voted for BAT!

Whatever man go be he go be with or without your friendship!

Even in Obi's 8yrs Anambra state Governorship, how many jobs did he created for Anambra youths apart from his brewery?
And who says all of us will eat from what we study?

Oga this is not obi Vs osibanjo or zulum

This is not kalu or ikpeazu or Tinubu or Atiku

The only thing that would make someone vote Tinubu in his present condition ,with everything that has been exposed is tribal n religious sentiments....you deep down knows

Who you vote represent your idiology ,your perspective of life

While it's your right to vote who you want it's still my right to choose my friends
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Godwin4444: 10:51am On May 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

The only thing that would make someone vote Tinubu in his present condition ,with everything that has been exposed is tribal n religious sentiments....you deep down knows

While it's your right to vote who you want it's still my right to choose my friends
what do u have to say about people who worship satan?
What do u have to say about gays n lesbians?

D earlier d better u people realise that since the beginning of creation people have always had different ideologies n believe

The same way u feel u are on d right path is d same way they feel

Stop gaslighting people just understand that we all can’t do d same thing
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Odibembem: 11:04am On May 15, 2023
obembet:

Atiku vs Tinubu

Atiku and Peter Obi

Wike and Tinubu

Keyomo, FFK vs Tinubu

conclusion

Kindly add yours

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

Most Obi supporters were first time voters. They somehow believed they were smarter than everyone else and they are the ones to make the difference where the rest of us failed. They were uncompromising and insulted anyone that dared to differ, failed to permutate logically and when their candidate lost the election, the only reason must had been rigging. They have descended into depression and continued their regime of abuse, the only solution to such people is to block them and have some peace of mind. Maybe by October 1, to celebrate independence many of them can be unblocked cos for now, their toxity reaches to d depths of hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by obembet(f): 11:15am On May 15, 2023
Godwin4444:
many of u are kids

U find it very hard to entertain contrary opinion, u have d same mindset with people who kill for religious reasons

The same way u feel obi is the best is the same way others feel tinubu is the best

Live n let live

My fiancé supported obi while I supported Tinubu, we laugh n even mock each other’s candidates n I remember one day when she wanted to collect 6k from me, she mocked tinubu tire that say n was even shouting bala blue

We both laughed n it was all love n we watched d announcement till d very moment tinubu was announced n I remember I no let her sleep that night n we laughed it all together

That’s how life should b

I am very sure if your fiancé or wife should support tinubu u can kill her or break d relationship

Many of u are just kids, as u grow in life u will learn better that u don’t do all those things u mentioned

I learnt hard way in 2007 during Oyinlola and agbegbesola, look at omishore today... I see all this politicians as footballers who tackle themselves on the feed and hug themselves after them match while fans are looking for foul and referee for been biased. Same footballer you at fighting for today can signed for opposition club tomorrow..

Michael Owen most rivery clubs in England yet the fans keep fighting each others.

I don't have single respect for any politicians today cos they are all one.

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Godwin4444: 11:15am On May 15, 2023
Odibembem:

Most Obi supporters were first time voters. They somehow believed they were smarter than everyone else and they are the ones to make the difference where the rest of us failed. They were uncompromising and insulted anyone that dared to differ, failed to permutate logically and when their candidate lost the election, the only reason must had been rigging. They have descended into depression and continued their regime of abuse, the only solution to such people is to block them and have some peace of mind. Maybe by October 1, to celebrate independence many of them can be unblocked cos for now, their toxity reaches to d depths of hell
I see them as kids

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Odibembem: 11:23am On May 15, 2023
Godwin4444:
I see them as kids

Some of them are adults with the thinking faculties of little kids. But kids are better cos they ask and ask questions. Obidients don't ask questions, they believe they know it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by sonature1: 11:30am On May 15, 2023
obembet:

I learnt hard way in 2007 during Oyinlola and agbegbesola, look at omishore today... I see all this politicians as footballers who tackle themselves on the feed and hug themselves after them match while fans are looking for foul and referee for been biased. Same footballer you at fighting for today can signed for opposition club tomorrow..

Michael Owen most rivery clubs in England yet the fans keep fighting each others.

I don't have single respect for any politicians today cos they are all one.

Nlfpmod

All politicians are not and can never be the same at this time. Nigerian institutions are terribly weak, meaning that it gives room for both good and bad people to do whatever they like and go scot-free.

For instance, while Dave Umahi was doing a great job in Ebonyi State, Okezie Ikpeazu was sharing kerosene in Abia State. When Sanwo-Olu is transforming Lagos, Dapo Abiodun is looting Ogun State money. Whereas Emmanuel Udom was busy fixing AKS, Professor Ben Ayade is busy confusing CRS people with big vocabularies. I can go on and on.

Just anyone can get the chance to be a political leader because leaders don't come from the moon. They are chosen from among us. Therefore, it's preposterous, childish, irresponsible and ignorant to say that all leaders are the same in a society with little or no checks and balances.

1 Like

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by mrvitalis(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2023
Godwin4444:
what do u have to say about people who worship satan?
What do u have to say about gays n lesbians?

D earlier d better u people realise that since the beginning of creation people have always had different ideologies n believe

The same way u feel u are on d right path is d same way they feel

Stop gaslighting people just understand that we all can’t do d same thing
Worshipers of Satan is a personal choice affects no one other then the worshipper same as gays and lesbians

Trying to Equate supporting Tinubu as an idiology is more insulting than voting him even

For heaven's sake you voted him based on tribalism and religious sentiments ...

Tribalism and religious sentiments is the issue not voting Tinubu ...not the choice but the underneath reason behind the choice
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by LegendHero(m): 12:11pm On May 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Worshipers of Satan is a personal choice affects no one other then the worshipper same as gays and lesbians

Trying to Equate supporting Tinubu as an idiology is more insulting than voting him even

Tribalism and religious sentiments is the issue not voting Tinubu ...not the choice but the underneath reason behind the choice

For hell sake most of you Ibos voted Peter Obi because of tribalism and religion and I can prove it.

In 2019, almost 80% of you guys voted for Atiku and campaigned heavily for him and gave him your support.

Then after that election, most of you guys including you were all online advocating for Biafra and shouting Lamdi Kanu everywhere until Peter Obi got the ticket and ya’ll abandoned Kanu and did 360.

Then on Election Day, an Atiku that got 80% suddenly got less than 3% in the SE and you’re coming out to say it’s not religion and tribalism votes? What changed suddenly in 80% of voters? No matter how noble Obi is, some Atiku supporters from that percentage should have voted him at least 20%.

I’ve never seen people that are scared to show their real color like you guys before. Too coward to talk about you voting based on religion and tribalism.

Obi is also a bigger coward. Tinubu was bold enough to select a Muslim-Muslim and say it’s Yoruba turn. But Obi is damn scared to say the same online and would rather call Oyedepo behind the scene to beg for Christian votes. Such cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by AntiChristian: 12:44pm On May 15, 2023
Everyone has the right by law to vote who he wishes! That's Democracy!
What you practice is demonstration of craziness plus bigotry!

mrvitalis:

1 Like

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by mrvitalis(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
Everyone has the right by law to vote who he wishes! That's Democracy!
What you practice is demonstration of craziness plus bigotry!

No body is defriending for who you voted nah

But they are defriending you for the fundamental reasons you vote who you voted
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by Odibembem: 1:24pm On May 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Why did u vote for Obi if not tribalism? I am Edo, voted Tinubu cos I believe going by his antecedents as Lagos governor, his developmental masterplan, his capacity to manage and build people and leaders, he is d best among those that presented themselves for the presidency. So why did u and 98% of Ibos vote for Obi? Did he have a history of superlative performance and competence? No. Was he celebrated as d best governor during his time? No. Can he rank in d same league as Sullivan Chime or David Umahi in terms of performance? No. Did he leave enduring leagcies in Anambra in terms of infrastructure and institutions that other states are now emulating? No. When he was Economic Adviser to GEJ, what positive impact did he make? Nothing! Then why in God's name did u wish to foist him on Nigeria? Tribalism, anger, hatred and bitterness!!

1 Like

Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by KanwuliaExtra: 1:25pm On May 15, 2023
No condition is permanent. . . .
iF PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER USEFUL TO YOU ON ANY LEVEL IN YOUR LIFE. . .PLEASE, GET RID OF THEM. kiss
Re: Any Friendship That Was Destroyed Because Of The Election Wasn't Worth It by AntiChristian: 1:58pm On May 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

No body is defriending for who you voted nah

But they are defriending you for the fundamental reasons you vote who you voted

It's just bigotry and tribalism!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Misconception On Osun SUPREME COURT Election Judgement For BVAS / Did Hope Uzodimma (4th) Sue Candidates Of AA And APGA (2nd & 3rd) In 2019? / For Those Who Always Ask What Obi Would Have Done Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.