Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails (913 Views)

Labour Party To INEC: Ignore APC's Move To Postpone Election / Adamu: APC Will Reconcile Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Other Aspirants After Primaries / Pacemakers Move To Reconcile Tinubu And Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by kiyosaki1(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2023
An attempt by some members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to reconcile a former deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Bode George, and the president-elect, Bola Tinubu has has failed.

This was after some members of the Governance Advisory Council in Lagos State moved to get George to visit Tinubu in efforts to reconcile both men.

George a prominent Lagos State politician and former military governor has always expressed opposition to Tinubu even as governor of the state.

George who spoke on Sunday during the visit, gave reasons behind his refusal to reconcile with the president-elect, even as the group urged him to support and collaborate with Tinubu as he assumes office on May 29.

The head of the Governance Advisory Council in Lagos State, Tajudeen Olusi, was among the members of the APC delegation, which was led by Retired Justice Isola Olorunmibe.

George, a fervent opponent of President-elect Bola Tinubu, claimed that he was unable to refuse their request for a meeting since he respected Olorunmibe.

He said, “They were led by Papa Olorunmibe, a 94-year-old man. In Yoruba land, such a man cannot say he wants to come to my house and I will say no. It’s not done in my culture. There were other elders from the PDP.”

George said he, however, turned down the request to visit Tinubu, saying he couldn’t do such because his party was in court challenging the President-elect’s victory at the February 18 presidential election.

He said, “First of all, they came to apologise for whatever they had done in the past, and I said I have moved on and have nothing against his person. We may disagree on policies but we must not be disagreeable.

“Secondly, they wanted me to pay him a courtesy call. I was like, what are you talking about? I am the man representing South-West in the national confines of our party and I’m a life BoT member. So, how do I add that together? We are still in court, how do I now say I want to go and greet him? Greet him for what? What will my party and my people think about me?

“Once we finish at the court, then we’ll know what to do. The PDP members and I present were very clear in our mind that going to him now will be a bit suicidal. I’m still an irridentist PDP man.”

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/apc-move-to-reconcile-tinubu-bode-george-fails/

2 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by derecho(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2023
Kikikiki... So Tinubu can beg like this?

President-SELECT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by Jones4190(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2023
derecho:
Kikikiki... So Tinubu can beg like this?
tinunu is a man of peace if not what can bode Gorge give to a president of a country

6 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2023
Na you win election na u still dey beg for recognition and congratulatory message

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by derecho(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2023
Jones4190:
tinunu is a maam of peace if not what can bode Gorge give to a president of a country

5 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by OloyeVIII: 9:09am On May 15, 2023
Na by force?

1 Like

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by Tntsi: 9:13am On May 15, 2023
Jones4190:
tinunu is a man of peace.

Dey play with your life.

1 Like

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by Cyberterror: 9:19am On May 15, 2023
Nobody will respect Bode George anymore if he fails to go on exile after Tinubu's swearing in.

1 Like

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by OneCandleAway(f): 9:29am On May 15, 2023
Cyberterror:
Nobody will respect Bode George anymore if he fails to go on exile after Tinubu's swearing in.

He should go on exile because someone cheated the system, bribed INEC chairman to win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by BRIMBRAM: 9:33am On May 15, 2023
Hmm... Reno was right. Tinubu really need to be studied. This man is just too unique. God, thank you for blessing Nigeria with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

4 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by OneCandleAway(f): 9:36am On May 15, 2023
Since Biden hasn't congratulated agbado, they want Bode to congratulate.

Tha k God he didn't accept. Before they will spin it and say PDP has accepted Tinubu and pulled out of court.

2 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by GeneralPula: 9:39am On May 15, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Na you win election na u still dey beg for recognition and congratulatory message
Mtchew..

Una go dey alright las las..

2 Likes

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by dahmie2013: 9:47am On May 15, 2023
These over zealous people. Who is interested in Bode George? Do you think Tinubu cares about what he thinks or doesn't think? Please stop making that ex-convict important.
I am waiting for him to go on exile after Tinubu has been sworn in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by AntiChristian: 9:48am On May 15, 2023
grin

Politics na war!
Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by femisplash: 9:49am On May 15, 2023
Pa Bode George can't simply hide his shame that Tinubu became the President of Nigeria in his lifetime despite all his bitterness towards the man, while he keeps licking his wound, Asiwaju will occupy the highest position of the country for 8years.
Bode George is talking about representing PDP in court, meanwhile he worked against his party at both the state and federal elections, he supported both GRV and Peter Obi. But we understand his plight, he is too ashamed to go bow at the feet of a man he so much hate. God will disgrace my enemies the way he is disgracing Tinubu's enemies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by 9jahotblog: 10:01am On May 15, 2023
Good response from chief bode George
Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by maestroferddi: 10:41am On May 15, 2023
Cyberterror:
He will go nowhere because Tinubu didn't win...

If the electoral process and guidelines were followed and Tinubu emerged victorious, then he could be bound to honour the pledge but with the obscene manipulation that characterized the process, the man cannot be obliged to bother himself...
Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by United04: 10:43am On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
Hmm... Reno was right. Tinubu really need to be studied. This man is just too unique. God, thank you for blessing Nigeria with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
That's how you were once thanking God for blessings Nigeria withe the likes of Buhari. How market today
Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by BRIMBRAM: 10:57am On May 15, 2023
United04:
That's how you were once thanking God for blessings Nigeria withe the likes of Buhari. How market today

Market is very good to me and my family. It's obvious that it's not good to you. I hope Tinubu's government will be good to us all. Meaning, I will be moving from good to better.

1 Like

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by 7lives: 1:10pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Market is very good to me and my family. It's obvious that it's not good to you. I hope Tinubu's government will be good to us all. Meaning, I will be moving from good to better.

Finito

1 Like

Re: APC Move To Reconcile Tinubu, Bode George Fails by KanwuliaExtra: 1:11pm On May 15, 2023
Imagine the insult? undecided
Reconcile ON WHAT GROUNDS?
Bode George to visit TIEFNUBU with a stolen mandate and as an illegitimate PRESIDIOT-SELECT? undecided
This APCRIMINALS think this is business as usual.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arrives Court After Attending Momodu's Birthday In London Yesterday / Tinubu Did The Right Thing But / BREAKING: Hoodlums Storm Tribunal, Attack Politicians, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.