Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings (32741 Views)

World university rankings 2024 / Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Islie: 8:14pm On May 15, 2023
The University of Ibadan, the University of Nigeria, the University of Lagos and the Ahmadu Bello University have been ranked among the best universities in the world according to the Centre for World University Rankings, The PUNCH reports.

A total of 20,531 universities were ranked with 2,000 making the global list according to the list published on the website of the global organisation on Monday.

The University of Ibadan was ranked first in Nigeria and 1,163th position in the global 2,000.

UNN was ranked second in Nigeria and 1,784th position on the global list.

UNILAG was ranked third in Nigeria and 1,875th globally while ABU was ranked fourth nationally and was placed number 1,881 on the global list.

The top five universities in the world according to the ranking are; Havard University, United States; Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States; Stanford University, United States; University of Cambridge, United Kingdom and University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.

Accordingly, the rankings were based on research, employability, faculty and education rank.

Commenting on the national picture, the President of the Center for World University Rankings, Dr Nadin Mahassen said: “While it is encouraging to see Nigeria making gains in the rankings, funding to further promote the development and reputation of Nigeria’s higher education system is vital if the country aspires to be more competitive on the global stage.

Efforts must be made to ensure that Nigeria attracts top academics and students, that increasing enrollment numbers at universities come alongside increases in teaching capacity, and that tertiary education expenditure as a percentage of the national GDP steadily grows in the years to come.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-ui-unn-unilag-shine-in-global-varsity-ranking/?amp

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by EmptyGarden(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2023
You call this shine?

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by TheFreshVanilla: 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
From celebrating irrelevant cooking record to applauding 1000+ university rank. Na morons full Nigeria.

145 Likes 14 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by slawomir: 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Pussy ass ranking

Imagine unilag and Abu ranked above university of Benin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by lathrowinger: 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
See Nsuka gate like where dey sell Opa

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Codeblues(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
Shine indeed

1 Like

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by ukamowor(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by McLizbae: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Lols

1 Like

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by ekwerendi(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
EmptyGarden:
You call this shine?

I wanted asking same

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Let me be Petty today:

SW amaka cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by StrongAlphMale: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
What a huge joke!

You call this nonsense shine?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by GeneralPula: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Nice one..
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Inyanga(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
cRAZY TIMES
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by KendoRide: 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
Joke

1 Like

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
undecided

At the end of the day, it's what a man makes of himself that matters.

Our universities may not be all that, but they're what we've got at the moment, and they'll get better.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by martinz1: 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
Nice
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by OluwaBlessyn: 9:48pm On May 15, 2023
I thought they were below 1000😞😞
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by mediclife1987(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by GeneralPula: 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
EmptyGarden:
You call this shine?
What should they call it?

7 Likes

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by drimzsmoke(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
Where OOU
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Bubu4Sea: 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by YoungLionken(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
UNIBEN isn't there? They've started again undecided..

(I can manage UI) How can UNILAG and UNN be ahead of UNIBEN??.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Xpol: 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
Ok. I need the complete list to check other African universities positions before "I comment my reserve" but till then "I reserve my comment"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by PoloG: 9:50pm On May 15, 2023
see as UNN be like police station lol..
backward igbos

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by chukkystar(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2023
Una no get Job for Graduating Students, Una no get better Economic Environment for Graduating Students. Chunning out Graduates to be Underemployed or Unemployed is a bigger issue than being rated in top 2000 Schools. How many research does the Government use? Those that Built Keke in FUTO how far? Abeg make I just rest

5 Likes

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by traihit: 9:50pm On May 15, 2023
EmptyGarden:
You call this shine?

Shine shine bobo....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

It may feel pessimistic saying this but the management of those institutions are not even helping at all. Granted that the FG is not funding them nor creating alternative funding routes for them. However, they also generate some funds and the funds they receive are not being maximised.

For example, I don't know why till this day, UI cannot create her own independent power system when Unilorin, OAU and co federal universities have independent power supply. You enter the school at night, and every where is dark like a village. This is aside other areas of infrastructure where the seriousness on the part of the school management could have helped the situation.

7 Likes

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Yourbestplug657: 9:50pm On May 15, 2023

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by RingRoadMafia: 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by JuanDeDios: 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
EmptyGarden:
You call this shine?
You dey mind them
Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by Racoon(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
Hehehe! "To restore the dignity of man."

1 Like

Re: UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings by mofedamijo(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
Some nicompoop are already complaining up there. You know why Nigeria has been stagnant? Because we don't celebrate the small wins then aspire from there.

20,000 universities were ranked from all countries around the world. Nigeria made it ti the list of 2,000 globally ranked universities and made it to 1,164, yet someone up there who probably doesn't even have a high school certificate is complaining.

Imagine Nigerian universities receiving the necessary support and funding, I am sure they will make it to to first 200.

Despite the strikes, underfunding, lack of equipments and resources, they still made the list.

So many American, Canadian, and British universities didn't make the list. I think they have done well considering the circumstances.

47 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Sylvester Oromoni Died: The Inside Details By Premium Times / Francis Mmadubuobi, Unizik Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball / Jamb 2017: Top 10 States According To The Number Of Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.