Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured (56069 Views)

1 dead, about 20 injured in Kerala,India convention center bomb blast. / 117 Dead, 20,000 Troops Deployed As Unrest Persists In South Africa / Massive Fire Outbreak In Ajman Market, UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Illegal1(m): 5:46am On May 16, 2023
Omoh........bad news every where
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Chetas81(m): 5:51am On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
Why has nobody called it a sh!thole country because of this sad event.
really but their not Cockroach unlike here where citizen know the benefits of the good but their doing the bad, kindly know that no bad citizen can build great nation

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by djseanjohn77: 6:33am On May 16, 2023
Enddy50ty:
The fire 🔥 will be eventually put off by the firefighters and the casualties will be very low, little or non.
That’s the western world for you compared to what we have here. Firefighters will get to the scene of the fire only to discover that there’s no water in their tanks, then they’ll start asking what caused the fire..??

Have you not seen incident that were unable to salvaged in your "heavenly almighty" west? In June of 2017, a high-rise fire broke out in the 24-storey Grenfell Tower in North Kensington, West London, the fire burned for 60 hours. About 72 people died, and 70 more severely burnt.

And it is not about fire fighters getting to the scene - what are the fire prevention- or fire fighting plan we include in house building, design, survey in Nigeria? How many people will provide sprayer, fire alarms, fire hydrant, fire escape routes and fire drills in Nigeria. How many organizations employ Safety officer with Fire fighting certification? Even the most revered estates in Nigeria have no such plans in place. In the Western nation that you kost revered, hydrants are provided, and restrictions around the hydrants are made in case there is eventuality. Fire trucks route and point are created, communicated, assembly point, everyone in the building are aware of what to do in case there is fire, exit point. We want change, but are we ready to pay the price of change? the change we seek is very expensive. It will drive cost up, all we do is cut corners, use substandard materials, yet charge exorbitantly. When there is fire incident, you will see vehicles and people obstructing fire trucks etc. It is not always about the government, we the people are worst off.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by FireUpNow(m): 6:48am On May 16, 2023
Too much bad news all around the world
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Rexxie234(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2023
angry
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Kaiser20: 7:14am On May 16, 2023
Sebastine1994:
My God is in control, I would not murmur, I would not complain,
What if it had happened in Nigeria?
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by hardbody: 7:41am On May 16, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ibos: Lazy New Zealandes burning down Ibo business.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You need both brain and cane. So if you don't go tribal your day won't end well. Dolt.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by hardbody: 7:46am On May 16, 2023
djseanjohn77:

Have you not seen incident that were unable to salvaged in your "heavenly almighty" west? In June of 2017, a high-rise fire broke out in the 24-storey Grenfell Tower in North Kensington, West London, the fire burned for 60 hours. About 72 people died, and 70 more severely burnt.

And it is not about fire fighters getting to the scene - what are the fire prevention- or fire fighting plan we include in house building, design, survey in Nigeria? How many people will provide sprayer, fire alarms, fire hydrant, fire escape routes and fire drills in Nigeria. How many organizations employ Safety officer with Fire fighting certification? Even the most revered estates in Nigeria have no such plans in place. In the Western nation that you kost revered, hydrants are provided, and restrictions around the hydrants are made in case there is eventuality. Fire trucks route and point are created, communicated, assembly point, everyone in the building are aware of what to do in case there is fire, exit point. We want change, but are we ready to pay the price of change? the change we seek is very expensive. It will drive cost up, all we do is cut corners, use substandard materials, yet charge exorbitantly. When there is fire incident, you will see vehicles and people obstructing fire trucks etc. It is not always about the government, we the people are worst off.

My estate has hydrants at the estate house and each house must have hydrants accessible at anytime. We also have security personnel inside the estate trained to carry out emergency helps at any given point in the estate. My office demonstrates fire drills periodically unannounced, we are ISO 2013 (or so certified) with BC (Business continuity certification). My point is, some people are aware and conscious. They take requisite steps to manage risks. Nigeria and Nigerians shouldn't be talked down on at every opportunity.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Promise47(m): 7:51am On May 16, 2023
Yes brother new Zealand is very very far with alot of Sea and ocean water it's far from Africa and even north America is closer to US than new Zealand but I still love the country
GeneralPula:
New Zealand..

One of the best country on earth..

But it’s almost at the other side of the world! It’s very far..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by BRIMBRAM: 7:55am On May 16, 2023
Chetas81:
really but their not Cockroach unlike here where citizen know the benefits of the good but their doing the bad, kindly know that no bad citizen can build great nation

Thank you. Alot of reorientation needs to be done.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Shezzman: 7:57am On May 16, 2023
Na today you just dey know...
Chetas81:
Copy and paste story just to generate traffic
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by WorldRichest: 8:10am On May 16, 2023
AImiron:
Wellington around Abule Egba

Not Abule Egba, na Abule Urhobo
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by VEHINTOLAR: 8:11am On May 16, 2023
ewa20buredi100:
Please what is the meaning of IDAN?

The IDAN thing is everywhere

It means MAGIC in Yoruba language.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by IPG25(m): 8:17am On May 16, 2023
RIP to the demise
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by woleabayo(f): 8:24am On May 16, 2023
rip to the dead undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by BDBT: 8:25am On May 16, 2023
Imagine if this was in Nigeria. Our fire service officials probably would not have their line on at that time.
And I believe they would have needed to start looking for water.

It is well!
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2023
GeneralPula:
New Zealand..

One of the best country on earth..

But it’s almost at the other side of the world! It’s very far..

One of the Best countries, becos it is populated and ruled by whites. shocked
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2023
hardbody:

My estate has hydrants at the estate house and each house must have hydrants accessible at anytime. We also have security personnel inside the estate trained to carry out emergency helps at any given point in the estate. My office demonstrates fire drills periodically unannounced, we are ISO 2013 (or so certified) with BC (Business continuity certification). My point is, some people are aware and conscious. They take requisite steps to manage risks. Nigeria and Nigerians shouldn't be talked down on at every opportunity.

Is your estate, Nigeria government?

Would your estate fire service be available to the public?
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 8:38am On May 16, 2023
djseanjohn77:

You answered ur own questions and still contradict yourself.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 8:38am On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
Why has nobody called it a sh!thole country because of this sad event.

Is New Zealand a third world country? cool
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 8:54am On May 16, 2023
New Zealand, a 1st world country that became great and successful not through oil and gas, or copper, tin or any mineral resources, but through dairy products and wool.

Sometime A certain gaint of Africa with all its oil and gas and mineral resources cannot achieve.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Akinboboz(m): 9:18am On May 16, 2023
AImiron:
Wellington around Abule Egba
. Not only wellington at abule egba, kollinton at kola ni.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Teeklef(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2023
ewa20buredi100:
Please what is the meaning of IDAN?

The IDAN thing is everywhere
IDAN na nigga wey get money and doings.
A guy without doings and money is called IDANWO🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by hardbody: 10:12am On May 16, 2023
blueAgent:

Is your estate, Nigeria government?

Would your estate fire service be available to the public?

I spoke to your claim that no estate has/can put such facilities in place. I don't recall that you spoke about government making those provisions. We pay for these things because they are necessities. My office is in the business of risk management so putting those things in place is a no-brainer.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2023
hardbody:

I spoke to your claim that no estate has/can put such facilities in place. I don't recall that you spoke about government making those provisions. We pay for these things because they are necessities. My office is in the business of risk management so putting those things in place is a no-brainer.

The argument was not about estates and private establishment, the argument was about our governments inability to have a reliable fore fighting service.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by hardbody: 2:25pm On May 16, 2023
blueAgent:

The argument was not about estates and private establishment, the argument was about our governments inability to have a reliable fore fighting service.

Ok then!!! However see this: quoting straight from your comment

[b]And it is not about fire fighters getting to the scene - what are the fire prevention- or fire fighting plan we include in house building, design, survey in Nigeria? How many people will provide sprayer, fire alarms, fire hydrant, fire escape routes and fire drills in Nigeria. How many organizations employ Safety officer with Fire fighting certification? Even the most revered estates in Nigeria[/b]have no such plans in place. In the Western nation that you kost revered, hydrants are provided, and restrictions around the hydrants are made in case there is eventuality. Fire trucks route and point are created, communicated, assembly point, everyone in the building are aware of what to do in case there is fire, exit point. We want change, but are we ready to pay the price of change? the change we seek is very expensive. It will drive cost up, all we do is cut corners, use substandard materials, yet charge exorbitantly. When there is fire incident, you will see vehicles and people obstructing fire trucks etc. It is not always about the government, we the people are worst off.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 2:40pm On May 16, 2023
hardbody:

Ok then!!! However see this: quoting straight from your comment

[b]And it is not about fire fighters getting to the scene - what are the fire prevention- or fire fighting plan we include in house building, design, survey in Nigeria? How many people will provide sprayer, fire alarms, fire hydrant, fire escape routes and fire drills in Nigeria. How many organizations employ Safety officer with Fire fighting certification? Even the most revered estates in Nigeria[/b]have no such plans in place. In the Western nation that you kost revered, hydrants are provided, and restrictions around the hydrants are made in case there is eventuality. Fire trucks route and point are created, communicated, assembly point, everyone in the building are aware of what to do in case there is fire, exit point. We want change, but are we ready to pay the price of change? the change we seek is very expensive. It will drive cost up, all we do is cut corners, use substandard materials, yet charge exorbitantly. When there is fire incident, you will see vehicles and people obstructing fire trucks etc. It is not always about the government, we the people are worst off.

The previous post.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by blueAgent(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2023
hardbody:

That's my arguments
Nigeria is a failed shithole, your estate having fire prevention and control plan is not valid as a yard stick to cut Nigeria some slacks.

I bet you, your organisation and Estate fire prevention and control plan were adopted from Western plans,

When we are supposed to have ours that is adoptable to our system and peculiarities, be it legislation or plans designed and fully obeyed, if the country was working.
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by Johnn74: 3:17pm On May 16, 2023
hardbody:

wink
Re: Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured by AImiron: 3:51pm On May 16, 2023
ponishah:

Must you reason with you anus, always?
I took after your papa, he always reason with his anus... that's why he failed to raise you well. If you can't find in humor in that, I'm not responsible for your misfortunes in life, direct your frustration to the appropriate channel make I no add join for you. Oloribu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel Kills Hassan Kaogi And Wail Issa / Edelmira Barreira Appointed As Minister For Sex In Spain (photo) / Trump: When ISIS Attacks Vatican, "You Would Wish I Was Elected President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.