Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine (50852 Views)

Ukraine Downs Russian Hypersonic Missile With US Patriot- Pictures / US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles / Comparin Russian S-400 Vs US Patriot Missile Defense System photos- Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 7:47am On May 17, 2023
Badassniggga:
doesn't matter who fires first. Taiwan is Chinese territory according to the UN and if US dares meddle by firing even a bullet on Taiwan or Chinese Naval forces, it'll be seen as an act of war against the Chinese people and China will not only fight the US forces there, they'll take the war to their home where they came from ASAP. Imagine Pentagon getting blown up to shyte by Chinese rockets. Sharp sharp the war will escalate. US only bullies those that cannot strike or touch their home back in North America.

Taiwan is called Formosa, and have been a Japanese colony for more than 5 decades. The CCP has never governed the Island, so to say Taiwan is China is false. The U.N only recognized that there's ony one China, and nothing about Taiwan.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Hotice085: 7:50am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
this is where you got it wrong

USA democracy only works in US not outside

USA treat others like shit and without respect

While Russia treats others with respect but back home it with strong hands

This is where you twist it

And only few know this trick between USA and Russia.

Shut up your olodo mouth
Why is Putin praying for Trump to win the coming election and why was he so particular about the mid-term election result?
Nothing like a trick, America and the West are open books where the party in control of the White House foreign policies can be predicted

Russia is one man control so is china
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by OloyeVIII: 7:54am On May 17, 2023
You jus dey type rubbish..you know nothing bou the US! [quote author=creeper1 post=123170574]

Okay, the US would defeat green men and conquer Asgard yet it failed miserably against Vietcong,

Perhaps Russia is a shithole but US isn’t far off and not as advanced as it likes to portray itself as. Former NFL player, Shannon Sharpe is a black American who was raised in Augusta, Georgia and he said he never used a proper bathroom or toilet until he was like 19 when his brother, Sterling, got into NFL and bought a proper house. Shannon Sharpe and his family (according to him) grew up in Augusta, Georgia using pit latrine and taking their bath outside with a bucket. That’s America in the 21st century not the 15th century. Another former black American NFL player, Brandon Marshall, said he took his bath every morning with a bucket until he got to college. Stories like these ones are rampant all over the US.

I know the US quite a bit because I have been around some places.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by luvyaself95(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2023
So like this like this 1.1$ Billion just go like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:01am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

Russia only respects power, no more no less.
if they respect power then they would not have defeated Napoleon and Hitler.

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

The patriot system have been around for a while and the Russians surely have enough data to work with. Besides, the system wasn't destroyed as the Russians claim, it was only damaged and after it has been repaired, it will return back to role. Let's talk about the russian hypersonic missile that was shot out of the sky by thesame patriot MDS. Despite all the hype and jingles the Russians have poured out on this missile, na still Fabu story.

You really expect USA to come out and say it was destroyed

How can you even say this... Wow

The only hope USA has you want them to tell you it was destroyed lol.

1 Like

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:05am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

In case you don't know, China is surrounded by US military bases which are being readied for any Chinese misadventure. Taiwan is critically important to the US and the Chinese know better than to bite more than they can chew.
Taiwan and Ukraine is not critical they use that word to pipe you low

They only want to remain on top and they can use any human life and any nation to achieve that aim.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Vado(m): 8:05am On May 17, 2023
ogmask:
They should stop the senseless killing on all fronts abeg. Meanwhile, all this is happening because the USA nor wan back down. How can you surround Russia thru the instrumentality of NATO and expect Putin to go to sleep? Sometimes I wonder how some people call Putin the aggressor and Ukraine the victim.

Countries have been aligning with one another for centuries. It's basic diplomacy so far you are a sovereign state. What is the hysteria about NATO? What is even the core principle of NATO, it's to defend the territorial integrity and sovereign of member states. They don't just wake up one day to declare war on anyone.
What Russia should check is why it's smaller neighbors feel unsafe beside her. USA even with all the gang & immigration issues is still friends with majority of the countries near it except Cuba which they have recently normalized relationship with and fascist country Venezuela. This is because it's cheaper to endear than fight them. Russia has been a bully to her neighbors and that is the issue. Finland, Poland, Ukraine, Georgia, Sweden even those ending with -stan have mostly experienced ill-treatment from Russia. That is why there coalition often fails just as BRICS would soon enough. They should develop a good relationship with their neighbors and stop the silliness.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:06am On May 17, 2023
TenQ:

What was the offence of Ukraine?

You are always the first to blame the war on USA/NATO 's expansion quest!
you really mean you don't know this answer my goodness.

Well first donbas wanted to be free Ukraine said no and started killing them so go research on that part.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:08am On May 17, 2023
Hotice085:

Shut up your olodo mouth
Why is Putin praying for Trump to win the coming election and why was he so particular about the mid-term election result?
Nothing like a trick, America and the West are open books where the party in control of the White House foreign policies can be predicted

Russia is one man control so is china
my goodness can you stop talking with me bye.

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:11am On May 17, 2023
Badassniggga:
bruh, if Dem born US well let them interfere by firing even a bullet on Chinese when the war is on, people wey dey US mainland for North America go know how far. Shebi na countries wey no fit hit US territory Dem like dey bully? Those bases will even be lucky to survive. China is at their backyard, US is not. Taiwan is critically important to US based on say na US territory abi? grin grin

China is still making her Navy more lethal and will soon be at the level with what US have. Then the showdown begins grin grin

China is the one angling for a fight. Left to the US, they would rather maintain statuesque, but that's not mean there are no red lines for China. Why do you think they are moving up and down seeking for allies every where. Most of the countries they deal with are just economic buddies and partners, no more, no less. Infact, they deal more with their foes than they do with their real friends.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

You really expect USA to come out and say it was destroyed

How can you even say this... Wow

The only hope USA has you want them to tell you it was destroyed lol.

And you expect Russia to pass an opportunity to spread propaganda? There's 70% truth from the west, there's only 50% from Russia
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by correctguy101(m): 8:15am On May 17, 2023
Ireportlive:
US major fear is exposure of their weaponry's deficiency

How would world biggest arms dealer explain to customers of their defense industrial complex how their missile defense system failed to defend itself

Lols
Do not be surprised, this Paatriot could and might not be their best. Same with the Russian missile touted as this and that. The main trump cards are still held in secret and both the Americans and the Russians might have Intel they had to be sure of how to deal with before frontal confrontation.[just like how Hiroshima became a surprise that won the war] They know the sham in Ukraine is just testing each other out.

Who's to say the feedback from this event won't birth a more advanced air defense system?

America has invaded many weak countries who had minimal to zero help from outside, yet they couldn't blitzkrieg through the country. Wasting years, resources and the lives of their soldiers for almost nothing. Plus their reasons are almost unreasonable. Yet these same barbarians are the first to mobilize support with other nations for Ukraine in a conflict that's their fault. Yet they've succeeded in making Russia look like the villain.

Abeg, I no get time for these madmen, Nigeria matter already dey too big to understand
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:16am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
Taiwan and Ukraine is not critical they use that word to pipe you low

They only want to remain on top and they can use any human life and any nation to achieve that aim.

I am very sure about Taiwan. Taiwan produces 90% of the world's most advanced IT microchips which the US is heavily dependent upon in their various industries, and most critical, the military. Ukraine just happened to fall in the US lap because of Russia's misadventure.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:16am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

And you expect Russia to pass an opportunity to spread propaganda? There's 70% truth from the west, there's only 50% from Russia
you can Google it by yourself to see it on even western news... Ukraine even accepts it killed them for wanting to leave. Even Ukraine signed minsk agreements.

Ukraine even has nazi groups which UK BBC did a report on them and later hide the news from internet when they wanted to use Ukraine lol

The link is below

https://vimeo.com/776909468
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
you can Google it by yourself to see it on even western news

Ukraine even has nazi groups which UK BBC did a report on them and later hide the news from internet when they wanted to use Ukraine lol

The link is below

https://vimeo.com/776909468

Sure, there are always extremists found in every country, but they cannot be used to measure the feeling or perception of the whole country. There have recorded evidences of Nazi groups in Russia. The Wagner group in Russia was named after Hitler's favorite musicsian or something.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Mrtaye: 8:21am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
now one missiles system can protect one state in Nigeria so Kiev is about that size so one is enough the next one will be placed outside the range of that one so when Russia targets the one in kyiv they will make sure the other one can't see the tragectory that why the other system can't help to support it brother from harm.
I'm actually talking about the velocity of attack
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by owagbeba: 8:21am On May 17, 2023
[quote author=creeper1 post=123171422]

Hi creeper1,

Delighted to read your earlier argument. But one key point you must know when you debate with these special “breeds” on NL, you must not loose sight of the key argument, as in this case destruction of Patriot system with video evidence.

Also note, they use the rabbit-hole approach in their defensive posture-always veering off the main topic to other lines of thought that you loose sight of the whole debate….

Good day.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:21am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

Sure, there are always extremists found in every country, but they cannot be used to measure the feeling or perception of the whole country. There have recorded evidences of Nazi groups in Russia. The Wagner group in Russia was named after Hitler's favorite musicsian or something.

Ukraine even accepts it killed them for wanting to leave. Even Ukraine signed minsk agreements.

No evidence Russia had nazi none on that I gave you evidence on Ukraine nazi groups

That why USA wanted to even use Ukraine since they knew it will make Russia mad

Military tactics once your enemy is mad they can make a mistake

But putin did not even flinch he waited until he built hypersonic weapons lol.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Hotice085: 8:23am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
my goodness can you stop talking with me bye.

Mega Clown 🤡 how many times are you going to say this?
You keep quotting google while enjoying the internet America and the west brought to you.....how shameless of you
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Blackman101: 8:23am On May 17, 2023
Parachoko:
Pinshure or it didn't happen

This is not a fair comparison

The Talibans do not have the kind of weapons The Ukrainian Military have.

If The US invade Mexico and Mexico is getting weapons to defend themselves against the US from China and Russia, even the USA will struggle like Russia is struggling now.

The day China makes the mistake of invading Taiwan, dem go see pepper like Russia. I'm sure Putin go dey regret he invaded Ukraine.

War is not a child's play

Super power na super power, If China invade Taiwan (which i pray against, cos we Africans go die finish) America cannot win that war I am very sure of that. And who said Russia is seeing pepper. almost every part of Ukraine have been destroyed by Russian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2023
Hotice085:

Mega Clown 🤡 how many times are you going to say this?
You keep quotting google while enjoying the internet America and the west brought to you.....how shameless of you
bye bye.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:25am On May 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

I'm actually talking about the velocity of attack
i don't understand explain more.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Hotice085: 8:29am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
bye bye.

Olodo boy, very very dull
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:30am On May 17, 2023
tommynico:

I am very sure about Taiwan. Taiwan produces 90% of the world's most advanced IT microchips which the US is heavily dependent upon in their various industries, and most critical, the military. Ukraine just happened to fall in the US lap because of Russia's misadventure.
my friend Russia has chip factory and China has

The only difference in Taiwan own is it smaller in size
. But they all do they same work

China invented 5G and about to bring 6G while Taiwan has noting of such

Smaller chip is only what Taiwan is good at

But in military technology the bigger your equipment the better it feared and respected

So that why USA can't build non hyperbolic hypersonic weapons yet.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Mrtaye: 8:30am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
i don't understand explain more.
I mean it is only a dictatorship and tyrant like putin that can launch indiscriminately like that from Land ,sea and air without being attached and even going against the rules of engagement....so in such cases you need multiple Patriots to identify and destroy enemy missiles
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by texazzpete(m): 8:32am On May 17, 2023
[quote author=Kingsnairaland post=123182534][/quote]

Thank you for confirming my point.

So Russia fired 6 of their touted Hypersonic missiles and all they managed to do was slightly damage one component in a Patriot system ?

Damn
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:36am On May 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

I mean it is only a dictatorship and tyrant like putin that can launch indiscriminately like that from Land ,sea and air without being attached and even going against the rules of engagement....so in such cases you need multiple Patriots to identify and destroy enemy missiles

Russia is a sweet nation putin did not use shock and awe like USA did to Afghanistan and Iraq and killed over one million people in few months

USA does not obey rules of war they only want to be on top killing any one they want but God's battle axe mother Russia told them no

And on the Patriot issue I told you you can place one in each state in Ukraine so that it can't cancel each other

And even when you do that Russia will by pass one and destroy the other one

Then later come back for the other one

Satalite and heat sensor gives out the location of defense systems

North Korea is planing to lunch it satalite and it freaks the west lol.

Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:38am On May 17, 2023
texazzpete:

Thank you for confirming my point.

So Russia fired 6 of their touted Hypersonic missiles and all they managed to do was slightly damage one component in a Patriot system ?

Damn
no Russia did not fire six that a lie the point is USA propaganda said it damaged while it was destroyed.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by texazzpete(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2023
TheDarkHorse:

You see why you're amongst the mumu category here on nairaland? I'm speaking of what was one of the war causal issues and you're speaking of what's ongoing during the war now.. Go and study mumulogy, you're a mumu man., na sense you no get.. You just delve into issues without knowing the facts..

It's obvious that fundamentally learned people never talk without making varied findings but you, Oh Sweet Jesus, if you went to school at all, please, you're academically brainless and you need a fulani brain transplant.. I dey my own, you come dey talk OP.. You're an ass🤮 You disgust me.. Piss off, dude.. I can't imagine wasting my precious time and strength on an empty head that can't read ordinarily.. 😒🙄

The truly hilarious part is that you’re posting this emoji filled rant in an attempt to insult me, but I’m doing nothing of the sort in return.

I’m merely describing you when I say you’re a brainless, gullible dupe.

The war started because your crush Putin decided to steal Ukrainian territory and turn Ukraine into a vassal state. That’s pretty much it.

At least that accursed Putin is now discovering he’s bitten off more than he can chew.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
my friend Russia has chip factory and China has

The only difference in Taiwan own is it smaller in size
. But they all do they same work

China invented 5G and about to bring 6G while Taiwan has noting of such

Smaller chip is only what Taiwan is good at

But in military technology the bigger your equipment the better it feared and respected

So that why USA can't build non hyperbolic hypersonic weapons yet.

I said world's advanced microchips.
Re: Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine by tommynico(m): 8:48am On May 17, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
no Russia did not fire six that a lie the point is USA propaganda said it damaged while it was destroyed.

All the while Russia was hyping their s500, the USA was actually looking at them and enjoying playing the second fiddle with their patriot, meanwhile it can actually be configured to take out the purported almighty Russian hypersonic boom..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden / Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Israel IDF Drops Leaflets For Hamas With Instructions On How To SURRENDER (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.