Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial (10748 Views)

Atiku Chases Journalists From Plateau PDP Secretariat, Equipement Damaged / Withdraw Honour Award From Abba Kyari - Inibehe Effiong Tells House Of Reps / Kano Rerun: Press Release From Abba K. Yusuf, PDP Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Omooba77: 1:36pm On May 16, 2023
On Tuesday, lawyers and journalists were barred from an ongoing trial of disgraced police officer Abba Kyari.

Journalists covering the ongoing trial of disgraced police officer Abba Kyari were on Tuesday restrained from entering Court 10 of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court for the proceeding.

Justice Emeka Nwite gave the order following an application by Sunday Joseph, counsel for the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

Mr Joseph, a director of NDLEA’s legal and prosecution department, had applied to protect the next witness listed to give evidence in the trial.

The lawyer prayed the court that other lawyers, litigants, and visitors, including journalists, who were in the court should not be allowed to be in the courtroom while the hearing lasted.

Mr Nwite then stood down the matter to allow non-parties in the suit against the suspended police officers to move out.

However, when the judge came in, a lawyer, Emmanuel Oluwabiyi, whose case was number 11 on the cause list, told Mr Nwite that he was in court for another matter.

“I am embarrassed by the application, my lord,” he said.

Mr Nwite then pleaded with lawyers not in Mr Kyari’s matter to bear with the court in the interim.

When journalists asked the NDLEA’s lawyer about the reason for the application, he said it was to protect the witnesses, who are intelligent officers, in the matter.

When asked about his reaction to the opinions of other lawyers in court, Mr Joseph said, “There is a doctrine of state privilege in the interest of national security.”

He said it had been observed that members of the inspector general police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) loyal to Mr Kyari were still coming to court.

“And you don’t know who is who, so it is for the witness’ protection,” he alleged.

Mr Joseph said though the agency had been calling witnesses, the present witnesses could not be exposed to the public.

The hearing is still ongoing as of the time of filing the report.

Mr Nwite had, on March 22, dismissed an application filed by Mr Kyari and others seeking an order dismissing the NDLEA’s charge against them.

Mr Kyari and three other co-defendants in the suit bordering on drug offences had filed the application.

The applicants are Kyari, ACP Sunday Ubia, Insp Simon Agirigba and Insp John Nuhu.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/drug-trafficking-court-bars-lawyers-journalists-from-abba-kyaris-trial/

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Felabrity: 1:38pm On May 16, 2023
These Courts Re the problem of Nigeria

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Finemelody: 1:40pm On May 16, 2023
Ok

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Ever8090: 1:45pm On May 16, 2023
Hmmm... something is fishy... anyway he will be freed the when his senior colleague and mentor takes over power soon....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Jones4190(m): 1:51pm On May 16, 2023
When i saw my wife fighting with my mother this morning i immediately went to called my dad to see whose wife will win😌

we even bet and I won

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Plasmolysis78(m): 4:02pm On May 16, 2023
Have already forgotten about this case sef

1 Like

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by inoki247: 4:17pm On May 16, 2023
Lol we talk m from onset this case na setup from on set to help him escape extradition...

You say person na drug dealer shey he dey possible for the person to engage who he never gt deal with before....

Make una dey Play....

5 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Patrickyemi: 4:41pm On May 16, 2023
Omo which kind beans I buy from mama Yetunde shop. I don cook this beans tire e no gree don. Na small thing remain make I break Matilda baci Guinness World Records

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by LeeSantos(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2023
What’s the game plan here. Hmmm
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Pwettylinda(f): 4:41pm On May 16, 2023
Is Thiefnubuu Linked ??
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:41pm On May 16, 2023
Abba is a goner......
What a shame!

The indictment/revelation of the involvement of Abba Kyari, the head of Nigeria's Intelligence Response Unit as a receiver of proceeds of international fraud popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo is worrisome and highly dents the image of our police and entire security architecture.
We do feel he has a case to answer,
He should come out to quickly clear his name if he is not guilty.
Cos what kinda play is a dog playing with a Lion?(Yoruba Proverbs by Sisi Yewande of @.)

And surely this won't be the first or the last names to be mentioned in this fraudulent case,
More case will definitely emerge in coming days.
And for the ones that are saying it was HushBingo that mentioned/rat Abba out, nope, he wasn't the one, the FBI just did their job and got the alleged information.

As we always make known on this forum on a weekly basis,
That all fraudsters stealing hardworking and innocent citizen's money through dubious means will never end well in life.
As we always point out that legit hustle is the way to a good life that will make you have peace of mind.
We always preach it that Fraud will bring reproach to your family.

Abba Kyari we love you as a good cop.
We love you for bringing to an end the reign of all the bad guys in this nation, from the baddest kidnapper in the history of Nigeria, to terrorists, to high end armed robbers and criminals,
Yes, we love and thank you all for all these good works,
But for this indictment and juxtaposition with fraud and drugs,
You will answer and pay for your crimes.
No hidden place for you supercop (sic) undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Caramia2020(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2023
Hmm! The case is taking too long, they should decide whether he's guilty or not.
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:42pm On May 16, 2023
Jones4190:
When i saw my wife fighting with my mother this morning i immediately went to called my dad to see whose wife will win😌

we even bet and I won
The joke is on you....
What a family!
You won a bet that your wife will beat your mom silly like a thief?
And you are proud to say that in public?
What a son!

And stop derailing the thread with such incoherent jargons...okay?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by DennisEche(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2023
Kyari will come out stronger. We are with you Kyari
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by oluwaseunamos33(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2023
Why?
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:43pm On May 16, 2023
DennisEche:
Kyari will come out stronger. We are with you Kyari
Take it
meobizy:
Lying is easy and comes with no consequence in the country I live in.
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by nepapole(m): 4:43pm On May 16, 2023
Eeya
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by ceejay80s(m): 4:43pm On May 16, 2023
This country is useless, Dem wan do deal with him and allow him escape through back door .....if u understand what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Felix6: 4:44pm On May 16, 2023
Tinubu will pardon this one. And reappoint him to promote and manage local content.

4 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Toscarel: 4:44pm On May 16, 2023
planning their hanky panky to release the cr!minal

2 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by ipobarecriminals: 4:44pm On May 16, 2023
sad Kyari aka Sura the Tailor is your man

1 Like

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by GreatrAnalyst: 4:45pm On May 16, 2023
But why?

Because he is most likely going to name big names right?

Nigeria is Nigeria's problem

4 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by olamike02: 4:45pm On May 16, 2023
Jones4190:

we even bet and I won
Weyrey
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Draslo(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2023
Felix6:
Tinubu will pardon this one. And reappoint him to promote and manage local content.
Oponu
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:46pm On May 16, 2023
Make dem do sentence am naa, him colleague hush puppies has been sentenced. What are the naija court waiting for

1 Like

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by sukkot: 4:46pm On May 16, 2023
shocked nwanne this is ojoro

2 Likes

Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Felix6: 4:53pm On May 16, 2023
Draslo:

Oponu
Do you understand English at all? What is wrong with appointing some one with proven track record?
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Ganjafama(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2023
Jones4190:

we even bet and I won
I know you must be kidding.
Re: Drug Trafficking: Court Bars Lawyers, Journalists From Abba Kyari’s Trial by Parachoko: 4:59pm On May 16, 2023
Felabrity:
These Courts Re the problem of Nigeria
Did you go through the article at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only The Blind Will Say Tinubu Has Failed – Matawalle / VP Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Ekiti PDP Rejects Olujimi, Restores Fayose As Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.