Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Mirror Mirror On The Wall - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mirror Mirror On The Wall (635 Views)

Nails In The Wall / Crack In The Wall / Should Husband Regularly Write On His Wife's Facebook Wall And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mirror Mirror On The Wall by emofine(f): 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2011
There is an ever increasing number of those who succumb to plastic surgery (both women and men) . . . as many desire to have the perfect portrait sculpted . . .

[Q]. . .but what then happens when they father or mother a child that carries the very features they strived to flee from?

I wonder how they can confess to the beauty of their child when they carry certain elements that they themselves sought to erase I also wonder if it slightly bothers them that their child inherited those particular features. . .

[Q]. . .and what effect would such have on the child knowing that they carry a particular feature that was undesired by their parent?

P.S. I'm just thinking out loud.
Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall by Sissy3(f): 5:44am On Sep 27, 2011
they'd likely encourage them to have it changed especially if their child desires. but since beauty is subjective, their child might object to any changes.
Re: Mirror Mirror On The Wall by emofine(f): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
~Sissy~:

they'd likely encourage them to have it changed especially if their child desires. but since beauty is subjective, their child might object to any changes.

I did ponder on that for a while . . . and I do believe some will.

However fortunately for such people, children carry elements of both their parents so an unappreciated feature may be complemented on a particular portrait due to the combination/arrangement of inherited genes. . .  which could also be pleasing to the parent in question.

(1) (Reply)

Women's Fashion Inspiration: Men? / Bush Meat? / Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.