Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) (11007 Views)

The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man. / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! / A Religious Man Is Not A Free Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Natasha2(f): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
hmmm na wa oh 38 years ? why am I finding this so difficult to believe undecided
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
thehomer:

I don't know if it is every one but have you considered a natural reason like writing not being invented at that time?

writing has been in existence since around 6600 BC (the Jiahu symbols carve on tortoise shells is evidence) or even before that. However, even if writing had not been in existence, the religion was still passed down by word of mouth. WHY IS IT THEN, THAT OUT OF THE THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT PAGAN CULTURES, NOT ONE HAS A RECORDED FOUNDER shocked shocked shocked shocked are you saying that ALL of them forget this imprtant detail. my, I have never heard of such a widespread selective forgetfulness disease which affected the entire world. tongue

thehomer:
Do you think the pagans weren't fanatic? How on earth did Christianity and Islam corrupt the idea of religion? They are religions too.

The Pagans infact had no reason to be fanatic because in those great days, there were no monotheists. also Pagan religion wer brotherly towards each other, because all pagan religion have the same basic structure and beliefs. many times a tribe also followed two Pagan religions at the same time. take a modern Pagan religion like Hinduism for example. one of the main tenets of Hinduism states that: All religions are equal. It doesnt matter what path you take to reach God, as long a it is the[i] right path[/i]. ofcourse monotheistic religions are never the[i] right path[/i]. we all have had some form of experiences as to that. wink

also we Pagans do not say like xtians and muslims that non xtians/muslims cant go to their so-called heaven. and Pagans are not permitted to convert other people to their religions, unlike the convert-seeking greedy monotheists. you can only follow the path/religion of your people/ethnicity. e/g/ if you are Yoruba muslim, you can only reconvert to Orisha/Ifa religion but you cant follow Odinani or Maguzawa religion.
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Knight1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
Natasha,,:

hmmm na wa oh 38 years ? why am I finding this so difficult to believe undecided

Akwenuke marho:

well, the hindus are a funny bunch, i'll give dem dat, bt onto some serious poo, religion has caused far more harm dan gud, CHRISTIANITY ESPECIALLY. true story.
lepasharon:

shocked shocked how could he have kept the arm upright all those years?? were ni awon ppl yi sha

I READ ALL THESE POSTS AND I'M GREATLY AMUSED. SOMEONE IS GENERATING SPIRITUAL ENERGY RIGHT THERE AND YOU ARE BEMUSED.
THAT MAN GATHERS 80-100 MILLION PEOPLE EVERY TWO YEARS; LARGEST CONGREGATION EVER
HE HAS ANOTHER WITH HIM THAT HAS VERIFIABLY STOOD ON ONE LEG FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.
FOR THOSE THAT ARE ATHEISTS, FEEL FREE TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTORS ON THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS HAPPENING UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS DEEP SPIRITUAL STUFF.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE AND IT'S THAT GLARING!!!

*even UEFA final doesn't get has much viewers/attendees*
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Tonyet1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
. . .a lady barren for 23years in marriage took a consented trip to India. . .came back 3weeks. . .mated with her hubby and she's pregnant since march and promises to give the thanksgiving and dedication service in her church. . .Jeho~wit

. . .a young undergraduate with so much brilliance and prospects suddenly developed strange paralysis over the left part of her body in her final year, perplexed by this state she was introduced to a Hinduist in PH. . .less than a month she went to her church to give testimony of God's miraculous healing. . .just so she doesnt 'diss her pastor' she claimed her healing began when he-pastor prayed for her during the last vigil held in her church

. . .Ibinabo was diagonized of failed liver due to his intake of 'food poison' or 'poison food' and he travelled on the 30th of september to India and assured everyone he'l be fine by 'God's grace'.

#No one told me this stories, I saw them in their initial and final stages

Now my beef is what is happening to my faith-Christianity and its bunch of half-baked sycophantic shepherds?  cry cry cry cry
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
Knight1:

I READ ALL THESE POSTS AND I'M GREATLY AMUSED. SOMEONE IS GENERATING SPIRITUAL ENERGY RIGHT THERE AND YOU ARE BEMUSED.
THAT MAN GATHERS 80-100 MILLION PEOPLE EVERY TWO YEARS; LARGEST CONGREGATION EVER
HE HAS ANOTHER WITH HIM THAT HAS VERIFIABLY STOOD ON ONE LEG FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.
FOR THOSE THAT ARE ATHEISTS, FEEL FREE TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTORS ON THE POSSIBILITY OF THIS HAPPENING UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS DEEP SPIRITUAL STUFF.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE AND IT'S THAT GLARING!!!

*even UEFA final doesn't get has much viewers/attendees*
Tonye-t:

. . .a lady barren for 23years in marriage took a consented trip to India. . .came back 3weeks. . .mated with her hubby and she's pregnant since march and promises to give the thanksgiving and dedication service in her church. . .Jeho~wit

. . .a young undergraduate with so much brilliance and prospects suddenly developed strange paralysis over the left part of her body in her final year, perplexed by this state she was introduced to a Hinduist in PH. . .less than a month she went to her church to give testimony of God's miraculous healing. . .just so she doesnt 'diss her pastor' she claimed her healing began when he-pastor prayed for her during the last vigil held in her church

. . .Ibinabo was diagonized of failed liver due to his intake of 'food poison' or 'poison food' and he travelled on the 30th of september to India and assured everyone he'l be fine by 'God's grace'.

#No one told me this stories, I saw them in their initial and final stages

Now my beef is what is happening to my faith-Christianity and its bunch of half-baked sycophantic shepherds?  cry cry cry cry

always good to hear positive thoughts from xtians losing faith in foreign beliefs based on teachings of a dead desert MAN.

[size=32pt]LONG LIVE THE PAGAN PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE HINDUU!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE GODS IMMORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

even our Nigeria had such deep spirituality in the days of our ancestors. we STILL have it, but it is supressed, hidden, in exile. it is time we bring back our old freethinking yet moral religion back and learn to repect the nature, the animals, the forces and the Gods. Learn my people. [size=16pt]LEARN!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

or else we will just rot in the state we are in today. backward spiritually and materialistically. poor, no development, no progress, only rot.
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Tonyet1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

always good to hear positive thoughts from xtians losing faith in foreign beliefs based on teachings of a dead desert MAN.

[size=32pt]LONG LIVE THE PAGAN PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE HINDUU!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE GODS IMMORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

even our Nigeria had such deep spirituality in the days of our ancestors. we STILL have it, but it is supressed, hidden, in exile. it is time we bring back our old freethinking yet moral religion back and learn to repect the nature, the animals, the forces and the Gods. Learn my people. [size=16pt]LEARN!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

or else we will just rot in the state we are in today. backward spiritually and materialistically. poor, no development, no progress, only rot.

undecided undecided undecided Dont you think its rather pathetic to see someone happy because a Christians is feeling that some bad eggs amongst them(Christian fold) is trashed out?. . .there is nothing long in living hindu. . . nothing long in living a Pagan.

Jesus remains the only way to the salvation of Man's soul. . .trust me you need him! wink
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
the Hindu Religion has survived since the begiining of civalisation. your christianity is only 2000 years old.

YOU NEED YOUR GODS. cool
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by thehomer: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

writing has been in existence since around 6600 BC (the Jiahu symbols carve on tortoise shells is evidence) or even before that. However, even if writing had not been in existence, the religion was still passed down by word of mouth. WHY IS IT THEN, THAT OUT OF THE THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT PAGAN CULTURES, NOT ONE HAS A RECORDED FOUNDER shocked shocked shocked shocked are you saying that ALL of them forget this imprtant detail. my, I have never heard of such a widespread selective forgetfulness disease which affected the entire world. tongue

But there is some evidence that religious beliefs go back much farther than that. So far that it would be difficult to point at a single person as being the founder e.g consider this finding.
Then recall the maxim that goes "A dull pencil is greater than the sharpest memory."

PAGAN  9JA:

The Pagans infact had no reason to be fanatic because in those great days, there were no monotheists. also Pagan religion wer brotherly towards each other, because all pagan religion have the same basic structure and beliefs. many times a tribe also followed two Pagan religions at the same time. take a modern Pagan religion like Hinduism for example. one of the main tenets of Hinduism states that: All religions are equal. It doesnt matter what path you take to reach God, as long a it is the[i] right path[/i]. ofcourse monotheistic religions are never the[i] right path[/i]. we all have had some form of experiences as to that. wink

Really? Then I guess you've not read something like this.

PAGAN  9JA:

also we Pagans do not say like xtians and muslims that non xtians/muslims cant go to their so-called heaven. and Pagans are not permitted to convert other people to their religions, unlike the convert-seeking greedy monotheists. you can only follow the path/religion of your people/ethnicity. e/g/ if you are Yoruba muslim, you can only reconvert to Orisha/Ifa religion but you cant follow Odinani or Maguzawa religion.

Pagans aren't permitted to convert others? I think you should be careful of making such wide ranging claims since I don't think one person can have such absolute knowledge on pagan beliefs. Besides, pressuring someone to convert may be due to political reasons, reasons of safety among other things.

Edit: Second link.
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Tonyet1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

the Hindu Religion has survived since the begiining of civalisation. your christianity is only 2000 years old.

YOU NEED YOUR GODS. cool

Hello Sir,

The concept called Christianity began around the year A.D 34 but the concept of rebirthing Man's soul by God began soon after the fall of Adam. Now tell me, which is older: Hindu or God's redemption plan?
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by Sweetnecta: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ Who began the concept of rebirthing the soul of man, Adam or who?

Crazy Tonye-T. I forgot. Your boss, Satan must have told you this.

You and pagan 9ja are two peas in the same pod.

Carry on. I'm not mad at your Kufar self. Big Shayatin Ins/Rijal. Darn soul from Jahaliyyah.
Re: Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2011
Tonye-t:

Hello Sir,

The concept called Christianity began around the year A.D 34 but the concept of rebirthing Man's soul by God began soon after the fall of Adam. Now tell me, which is older: Hindu or God's redemption plan?

ofcourse Hinduism. adam is just some mythical fairytale. tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams: "Christian Men Are Unromantic" / Should Christian Couples Confess Adultery To Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.