Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man. (2272 Views)

Could This Be A Spiritual Attack Or A Medical Condition? / I Need Help For A Spiritual Problem Of Over Three Years. / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man. by CaniiiceDim(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
SPIRITUALITY AND RELIGIOUSITY :
The Difference
By Canice Dim
The Major difference between a spiritual person and a religious person is that;
While the spiritual man is after doing what is good for humanity,
The religious man is after doing what is good for his church and religion, even when it hurts humanity.
A spiritual man would employ a teacher into his school without worrying himself whether the teacher is a member of his religion/church or not...
But the religious man would insist on employing only members of his religion or church.
A spiritual man would be so concerned on how he can reach out to as many less privileged people around him as possible...
But the religious man is only after how he can increase the number of his church members.
A spiritual preacher would preach to you based on how you can be a better person as prescribed by God...
But a religious preacher would insist on having you start attending his own church as a proof that you truly accepted his preaching.
A spiritual man always know that he is giving to God whenever he helps the poor or the less privileged ones...
But the religious man never believes he is giving to God unless he is giving to the church or paying his Tithe (He has been programmed to believe so)
A spiritual man's religion is Love For Humanity...
But a religious man's religion is Love For My Religion and Church.
A spiritual man does not argue his faith...
But a religious man believes he can prove that his faith is truer than others with logic (Impossible)
A spiritual man only seeks to satisfy his conscience...
But a religious man believes that once his clergyman approves of him/her,...
That God also must have approved of him.
A spiritual man sees every Man of God as "God's Servant" - A position we all can assume at one time or the other...
But a religious man wrongly renders Hero Worship to their Men of God, an act abominable in God's eyes.
A spiritual man would not be too quick to condemn those that do wrong cos they know that they can also fall and would not equally wish to be condemned...
But a religious man is too quick to condemn those that do wrong, even when he is also guilty of same wrong.
A spiritual man only cares about how God sees him and not how people perceive him...
But a religious man so much cares about what people think of them, hence they can go all the way to pretend so as to be seen in a perfect way, which they aren't.
A spiritual man calls himself a sinner...
While a religious man terms himself Righteous.

Add yours....

(1) (Reply)

Prayers (part One) / How To Overcome Wet Dreams By Evangelist Oluyemi Stephen Beloved / Sinning deliberately under Grace (Hebrews 10:26-27)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.