Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

What I Did To My Mother-in-law - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Did To My Mother-in-law (41670 Views)

What I Did To The Cultist That Slapped My Sister / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by TenQ: 5:02pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:
Because we live in proximity-same town, she wouldn't quit checking up on her daughter virtually every day or at least every other day.

I felt a deep intrusion on my privacy so yesterday I summoned the gut and asked her if she didn't have a house. Before she could reply, I told her, 'learn to stay where you belong! I did not marry daughter and mother!`
She has since disappeared into thin air.

This evening am thinking whether i bleeped up or not.
And if someone calls you a fool....

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Workch: 5:03pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

FAILED ISSUE #1 you think this has anything to do with control, while it aint

FAILED ISSUE #2...why dont you answer the question... instead of bringing childish issues to this discussion. the kid is the person who want to dictate what their spouse should do all day while you are at work.... the kid is the insecure person who is so scared that MIL comes and goes to market with his wife everyday. i guess he'd rather she watches telemundo all day long by herself abi?!
no carry this kind of your argumentative attitude enter marriage Sha. Ire ooo
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by mannyjoe2002: 5:04pm On May 18, 2023
You are a man of the house.you have made your point known and even apologized.stand strong.you be Odogwu!!!
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by sneak3(m): 5:04pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:
Because we live in proximity-same town, she wouldn't quit checking up on her daughter virtually every day or at least every other day.

I felt a deep intrusion on my privacy so yesterday I summoned the gut and asked her if she didn't have a house. Before she could reply, I told her, 'learn to stay where you belong! I did not marry daughter and mother!`

That was too harsh bro.. dropped the message with you wife in a subtle manner. Tell her to caution her mum on her frequent visits.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Wodu89: 5:05pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

if i raised my child for +20yrs, fed, clothe, sheltered and educated her all this time... i think i have the right to see her even every hr if i wish to do so. if she just got married then i want to make sure that she is good in her new life. a parent visiting his child once a day is not wrong (maybe just a bit excessive), and unless the visit would hinder their r/ship, i dont see anything wrong here....thus the above question.

Pure truth. This is a deep truth only few would understand until they travel the path

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 18, 2023
So just because he's the head of the house, he must be disrespectful to his mother in law?
GodPrince:
shut up bitch. A wife can't talk to her husband's mother like that because it's the man the owner of the house who brought in the wife to his house so it's he who decide who comes into his house and not a Nigerian bitch like you that was brought in as a wife. Be like una smelly Toto don smell enter una brain fa?

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by isabi2lof: 5:13pm On May 18, 2023
You guys should allow nairaland destroy your marriages, na una sabi

But if you don get pikin or plenty children, you go dey find mama to come do unpaid nanny work bah undecided

Well , it depends on the kind place wey she come from, if not you go beg tire , you don go find trouble wey your power no fit carry. I pity your wife.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Wodu89: 5:16pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

many parents who also "waited" are now mourning their dead children, thanks to abusive husband etc.... you dont need no invitation to come check up on your married child, and if you aint secure that she is ok in her new marriage, go there as often as you need.

Preach

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by shegra58: 5:18pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

you no get sense

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Caseless: 5:18pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

If you have a mom, wait until she's disrespected like you did to her and you'd have your answers.

Stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

you're the man of your house, you took the best decision you felt is good enough for your home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by OnyiMba: 5:21pm On May 18, 2023
DON'T WORRY, YOU WILL BE A MOTHER-IN-LAW ONE DAY.

YOU WILL SURLY GET BACK WHAT YOU ARE GIVING.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Uwaiwe: 5:21pm On May 18, 2023
It's usually face and face you people that complain about family visits. Great people usually want more family visits .because there are lots of activities to get everyone occupied. You maybe in different apartments to even notice their presence.

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:21pm On May 18, 2023
Jovialjune1:

You see what I said, Op is even a redpiller, o ma se o, your wife is the one I pity, she think say wetin she marry na man, what an immature nomenclature.

What's Ur own na? Be calming down! Patience ozokwo actually inspired some of you badly, no doubt.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i beg to differ

New married people should left alone to find their own feet, in doing things and understanding each other, understanding each based on their character and behaviour not based on what you were taught. Every man and woman differ it is important to understand each other not based on what parents says but based on what you see and do to each other

Have you ever noticed that the 1st of years of marriage is power struggle, the guy want wife to cook like his mother and the wife wants hubby to behave like her father hence usaully its power struggle indirect

Parents should visit once in while

Haa! Person like me that loves to be incharge.....chaii
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Caseless: 5:23pm On May 18, 2023
Creamypie:
both of Una bleep up. But her own bad pass. Most women, after their daughter marry, them go wan still control both her and her husband together. Its inborn in praxtically all women, including those on this forum. They don't know say boundary go come dey. the man go come be like zombie for house, choking him. She for marry her daughter nah so she no go lonely again. Would she have been comfy with it if her mum in law did same?watch out, once your with give birth, na full opportunity for the mum to be Una complete and verified husband.
Did he state in his post that she's controlling them or creating problem?

The foolish OP could have moved to a farther place where she can't always come or use her daughter to control the situation, but he chose to be stupid.

That poor woman was just coming in feeling like she has another home elsewhere and the idiot has destroyed her sense of belonging.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Caseless: 5:25pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:
tbh i did and she told me it ain't polite for her to tell her so i just handled my thing.
Your wife get sense pass you. Just imagine if she said such to your mom.

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by MatrixReloaded: 5:25pm On May 18, 2023
Both my mother inlaw and my wife mother in law are welcome to my home. Infact I go eat okro today, eat bitterleaf soup tomorrow, and listen to there motherly advise left and right after then before midnight they will now hear my wife advise in the other room. Back,Left,Right, and Front. ..
If I see dem next morning my 32 will be white like salt
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by dododawa1: 5:27pm On May 18, 2023
New generation COUPLE and experiment

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Pickmycall: 5:28pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

you no fvk up.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by proffour: 5:30pm On May 18, 2023
U acted immaturely. If u've problem with ur wife, please don't involve or report to the monther or ur in-law.

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Myself2(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

From the way she "disappeared into thin air" as you put it, without responding to your outburst, she was either too shocked to her bone marrows, or she is an exceptionally calm woman.

Either way, here's a fair warning for you , hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
That your action was so many degrees of scorn, better bend over backwards and make peace with her

3 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

i swear the attachment to daughter is too much.Even at times they run house chores together.

Hope you are going to join her in the house chores?
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by IntelligentGoat: 5:33pm On May 18, 2023
Mother in laws like that have an agenda

You did the right thing bro.

After God fear women.

She should learn to stay in her husbands house unless is for omugo then she has limited number of days to stay.
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by frozen70(f): 5:36pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

You only passed a message to her but with out courtesy

Maybe later in the month you pay her a visit with your wife to check on her and you can get some provisions for her

I want to believe that she will learn to stay in her house untill invited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 18, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:

What's Ur own na? Be calming down! Patience ozokwo actually inspired some of you badly, no doubt.

Where your sense?

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by cedricksly: 5:46pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

you are veey stupid.. I'm a man and I will tell you for free this is wrong no matter how you look at it.. You have no such right to talk to your mother inlaw like that.. The best thing you could have done is talk to your wife to tell her mother to give you guys breathing space, if only she refuse is when u can tell her yourself, but definitely not with this tone or choose words of yours, there are more polite ways of handling such rather than this rude way.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Greenfusion: 5:46pm On May 18, 2023
Them dey call u odogwu, e dey sweet u. You say u dey suspect say she get ill motive...i dey laff u, u forget say na pikin wen she carry for belle u marry, na im dey give u food chop, plus bed work. N u tink say as u give am hot she don go......u better go apologize, pray say na good woman....dey mind mouth n use your head next time and remember say cassava wen stand today go bend tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by blaise26abj(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Why are you nice with your advice to the stupid Op, he obviously came here to gloat on his little achievement, he is an alpha mail according to some fools here, see some of them above still edging him on making him feel like King Kong Lmao 🤣

When I say the percentage of immature goats getting married these days is extremely high, its the gospel truth.

I agree that how he said it is off . He could have discussed it respectfully . But the message is clear. Don’t crowd my home . Simple ! MOST women don’t like their mother-in-laws in their homes and always find a way to make mama leave. !
A man does the same now, calling him stupid and forming alpha is plain unfair .
A mother that has boundaries understands not to crowd her daughter’s or son’s home . Why is it that most fathers don’t do that ? They stay away but are always called when wahala starts .
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Sammyblacky87: 5:49pm On May 18, 2023
thesilentman:

If u go fit tell ur own mother the same thing, no prob.

U think u r free now bcus she will stop coming to ur houz, very funny... U dey put fire 🔥 on top of ur roof den enter house go sleep.

U beta go and apologize 🙏

1 Like

Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by Marliz: 5:49pm On May 18, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro as a father, i completely understand why a person would do that.... they may not trust that their daughter is safe with/around you.

just make sure that they see/feel/believe that its all good at your home and that their daughter is safe.

Why allow your daughter marry a man that you did not trust?
Re: What I Did To My Mother-in-law by 77up(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2023
It's not easy bro, you took her daughter away from her. I feel you are a bit harse on her, just go and apologize to her ,that's all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

We Met On Nairaland 4 Years Ago, Now We Are Married! / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / For Men ONLY: Simple Things You Can Do To Last Longer In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.