Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River (36770 Views)

How Lady Leaped Into A River From A Speeding Boat In Lagos / Cruise Ship Out Of Control Ploughs Into Tourist Boat In Venice / Nigerian Man Refuses To Come Down From Plane In Malawi, Struggles With Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:56am On May 20, 2023
Very unfortunate. Hippos are among the world's most dangerous animals, and one of Africa's deadliest animals.They are highly territorial and aggressive, tolerating no intruders in their territory,be it human or animal.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by bizzibodi(m): 6:07am On May 20, 2023
Hippo sef to they provoke wetin be him problem sef...na him get river?
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Bluntemperor: 6:08am On May 20, 2023
YoungLionken:
Sometimes I wonder if we have animals such as the hippopotamus, kangaroo, etc, here in Nigeria...

Yes,we do because they still stroll around the Ogun,Cross River and Balyesa State but no one cares since there is no functional zoo in Nigeria!
The best of zoo then was in Jos Plateau but now demised due to constant local inter tribal War in that Region.
Very Unfortunate indeed!
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by seniorgozman(m): 6:17am On May 20, 2023
YoungLionken:
Sometimes I wonder if we have animals such as the hippopotamus, kangaroo, etc, here in Nigeria...
They are but they respect themselves
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by onlyboyson(m): 6:25am On May 20, 2023
hippo hippo
for dah hip for dah hipopo hip popo tamus
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by mariovito(m): 7:09am On May 20, 2023
damilola4162:
In another news: Man Demands US Government Pay $3M For Every Black Person As Reparation For Slavery(video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtbSOo0zhg

Do you think this is doable?
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Everlastingson: 7:12am On May 20, 2023
Notice how the Malawi President quickly sent a Minister to the scene. Here in Nigeria Fulani herdsmen kill hundreds and Buhari and APC don't bat an eye lash. And you say Nigeria will survive. Na you sabi. Did you hear Buhari say a word after Fulani militia killed a hundred in Plateau State few days ago? Nigerian leaders are the most wicked worldwide. They don't even pretend to care a hoot about human lives.

1 Like

Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by sainthumble: 7:15am On May 20, 2023
We Don chop them finish
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Hotwest: 7:15am On May 20, 2023
Maybe the hippo space was disturbed but Kai...Tragic something
Hope the missing are found alive and RIP to the dead
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by yusluvad(m): 7:42am On May 20, 2023
May God almighty in His infinite mercy heal the land.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by mrksquare: 7:58am On May 20, 2023
tosyne2much:
Hippos are very territorial. They've killed more humans than any other animals in Africa

They are very territorial and they don't want to see any creature in their territory.. Once they do, they charge and their rage could be disastrous

They are very territorial on water but on land they aren't . But then hippos and Nile crocodile exist side by side on water without rancour.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by mrksquare: 7:59am On May 20, 2023
tosyne2much:
Hippos are very territorial. They've killed more humans than any other animals in Africa

They are very territorial and they don't want to see [b]any creature [/b]in their territory.. Once they do, they charge and their rage could be disastrous

They are very territorial on water but on land they aren't . But then hippos and Nile crocodile exist side by side on water without rancour.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by mrksquare: 8:00am On May 20, 2023
tosyne2much:

They are very territorial and they don't want to see any creature in their territory.. Once they do, they charge and their rage could be disastrous

They are very territorial on water but on land they aren't . But then hippos and Nile crocodile exist side by side on water without rancour. So the issue of it being territorial only applies to humans and other creatures.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Machinegun91(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2023
I'm in love with that Fair woman.

I doubt she's from Malawi
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Offpointng: 8:16am On May 20, 2023
PurestBoy:
Few days ago I was cross Eleyele river to Apete in Ibadan, all my fear was on hippopotamus coming out but I doubt if there's any in Eleyele River

Na developed Eleyele you dey expect make Hippopotamus dey/live. change ur weed supplier angry
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by KennethEnyi(m): 8:29am On May 20, 2023
H for hippopo hippopo tamus!!!
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by jimmychang: 8:48am On May 20, 2023
Hippopotamus are fucking deadly and aggressive.They are not carnivorous or like eating meat.They just kill for killing sake.RIP to the victims.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by jimmychang: 8:53am On May 20, 2023
Fira09:
The hippo must be extremely large.

But wtf? 23 person's missing with just a hit?
Or is it a scenario were the victims couldn't swim and all got displaced?

I'm kinda perplexed.

Don't Bleep with hippos,they are fast swimmers for their size and they are very territorial.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by adeniyilamlek(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2023
Deadliest animal indeed!

What to do if hipo attack by Google...

If you're in the water, move in the opposite direction of where you saw the hippos. If you're on land, find cover. You can't outrun a hippo in a straight line, so find a tree, rock or vehicle to get between you and the hippo. This will help slow their attack and perhaps help you get safely to shelter.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by tosyne2much(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2023
jimmychang:
Hippopotamus are fucking deadly and aggressive.They are not carnivorous or like eating meat.They just kill for killing sake.RIP to the victims.
And they can run very fast even with their weight cheesy
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by jimmychang: 10:37am On May 20, 2023
tosyne2much:
And they can run very fast even with their weight cheesy

Aswear to God.. grin
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Superpower(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2023
YoungLionken:
There are Hippos in Nigeria but kangaroos are native to Australia.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Willybee04: 11:54am On May 20, 2023
Hippopotamus hit Goat in Malawi ,one man death
What type of News is this ??
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by PurestBoy(m): 1:15pm On May 20, 2023
abiolamitodun:

U lie bro

That was my first time and since I'm afraid of water, I was imagining many things
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Emdebby2: 1:29pm On May 20, 2023
Travel by road...not safe
Travel by air...not safe
Travel by water...not safe
Nowhere is safe in this world.
Only God can save us through His mercy.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by abiolamitodun(m): 4:05pm On May 20, 2023
PurestBoy:

That was my first time and since I'm afraid of water, I was imagining many things
😂😂...nw I get... imagination in addition to fear..😅😅
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by whitemand4(m): 3:35am On May 21, 2023
BigDawsNet:
This world no sha balance

Nigerian Hippo na our Government

You mean Hammad Lawan ? 😂
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by Perfectbeing(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2023
Learns:
Omo shocked
Hippos can be very aggressive and deadly
More people die from hippos attack yearly than from lions.
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by vivavik(f): 6:08pm On May 22, 2023
YoungLionken:

Yes, we used to have them in our sea in Bonny Island, my dad has had an encounter with one, but with the increased human activities, they have gone further into the seas and creeks away from the town

1 Like

Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by YoungLionken(m): 4:53pm On May 23, 2023
vivavik:

Yes, we used to have them in our sea in Bonny Island, my dad has had an encounter with one, but with the increased human activities, they have gone further into the seas and creeks away from the town

Thank you...
Re: One Dead, 23 Missing After Hippo Hits Boat In Malawi River by GreatCracker(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
vivavik:

Hello vivavik.

Are you still staying in Bonny island?
Can I kindly ask you some generic questions on life and the average living conditions on the island?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. / 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident / He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.