Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460833 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2023
elisinho:

abeg my chief whats the name of this your AI its so good
thanks

Chat gpt plus (the free version is also good but not as reasonable as the paid version ($20 monthly)

Microsoft Bing Chat - free

Claude Ai - free

Google bard - free

I use all, to have different perspectives on a subject matter but mostly use Gpt plus

(With AI, less time spent in understanding complex concepts/matter, issues, code, quick summary of, pdfs, webpages, YouTube videos instead of spending hours watching, etc )

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BuildingProject: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2023
rinzylee:

Did you respond?

No write up was shown.

Good morning

Look in between your questions.
My response are in there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2023
Anyone lives in Lincoln here?

Or could someone tell me about their experience in Lincoln.

Could be Lincolnshire county as a whole, Lincoln city, South Hykeham and North Hykeham.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Schoolhike:

Chat gpt plus (the free version is also good but not as reasonable as the paid version ($20 monthly)

Claude Ai - free

Google bard - free

I use all, to have different perspectives on a subject matter but mostly use Gpt plus

(With AI, less time spent in understanding complex concepts/matter, issues, code, quick summary of, pdfs, webpages, YouTube videos instead of spending hours watching, etc )

Can you please confirm if gpt4 can generate diagram or sketch? I don't want to subscribe only to realize that it's not able to do it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Schoolhike:

Claude Ai - free

Google bard - free

One quick question please. How do you use ChatGpt for Youtube videos? Do you just paste the link or what? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
Good afternoon everyone

Any Biomedical scientist specialized in Histopathology here?
Will you be kind to help with interview tips?

I have done my own bit by reading about the job, the trust , values and all that.
My AI has also been helpful

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
lavida001:

You live in London?

Mostly.. On and off
Replied your DM

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by frankadrian: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
Guys oh... Anyone in Birmingham? I dey find work for nearly a month now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
heroshark:

Can you please confirm if gpt4 can generate diagram or sketch? I don't want to subscribe only to realize that it's not able to do it.

I only know of generating graphs for analysis purposes, eg line, bar, pie, etc

There is an AI that does that but I don’t know the name since I don’t use it for that purpose, But try research the AI that does that use google, Twitter, bing etc for your search
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
LionInZion:

One quick question please. How do you use ChatGpt for Youtube videos? Do you just paste the link or what? Thanks

There are some of websites that accept YouTube link videos then give you the caption.

Copy and paste into gpt, meanwhile gpt has a maximum of words that can be paste in (can’t remember), but Claude Ai has almost unlimited words it can processed at a time.

But you can copy and paste the result of the generated words and Convert to txt files or docs, then use gpt plus code interpreter feature of to upload files, like docs, pdfs, screenshots, pics etc then ask questions about the uploaded files.

Claude Ai accept YouTube links, but it will reach another video content for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
LionInZion:

Extract subtitles or captions using downsub dooooot com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
Gift7428:
Good afternoon everyone

Any Biomedical scientist specialized in Histopathology here?
Will you be kind to help with interview tips?

I have done my own bit by reading about the job, the trust , values and all that.
My AI has also been helpful

Thanks

Almost all NHS interview I’ve had in the past always ask question regarding, confidential and diversity, team work, some don’t even ask question about tell me about you self, I always tell them about my self even if they don’t ask me to, I will start my discussion with that.

Look for someone to run you a mock, use Ai to generate interview questions using the job description and roles and responsibilities or copy and paste all information on the job page and paste. You can even ask AI to answer the questions for you using examples Or scenarios.

If you don’t find anyone to help, you can Try LinkedIn and use the job title for the search, look for possible a black working in that aspect and ask the person out about their day to day job.

Meanwhile, lots of questions comes from the job descriptions and roles and responsibilities.

Funny personal stories about AI, I applied for data role, I tried as much as possible to do lots of google research including the company website to understand the job roles, because the one used for advert is just too generic.

I went to ai, with a copy of all related information from the company website and job description, I told ai to give me a scenario of a day to day job scenario of that particular jobs, with that I now know what the job entails clearly.

Went on to the interview, was asked what I know about the company, and what do I think I would be doing, said everything AI gave me, they said, that’s exactly all that they do. (Didn’t get the job because someone from another competitor company was interviews also )

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
This Nigel Farage head strong o....... Nah jejely hin siddon, wey den go find hin trouble...... Now two high profile jobs lost........... 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:
This Nigel Farage head strong o....... Nah jejely hin siddon, wey den go find hin trouble...... Now two high profile jobs lost........... 🤣😂
Ah! Who resign again? But I happy small sha. These people been dey carry us go where we no know. Trying to control or restrict our freedom of thought.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
dustydee:

Ah! Who resign again? But I happy small sha. These people been dey carry us go where we no know. Trying to control or restrict our freedom of thought.

CEO too don chop dust........ 🤣😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

CEO too don chop dust........ 🤣😁
Eyah!
Hope say them never close your own. Na from ya mouth I first hear Coutts - part 1 of this thread. You advised someone to open account with them but I noticed that these days na Chase and Monzo you dey recommend. Be like them do you strong thing too tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
dustydee:

Eyah!
Hope say them never close your own. Na from ya mouth I first hear Coutts - part 1 of this thread. You advised someone to open account with them but I noticed that these days na Chase and Monzo you dey recommend. Be like them do you strong thing too tongue

You're truly not nice........ 🤣😁

Even if I sold everyone, every house and every other thing that moves or not, in my village...... We cannot maintain coutts, minimum balance requirements.......... 😜🤣😍
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
dentalux:
Good evening elders, goodevening @lexusgs430
Please I need advise. I I recently just got my new brp for the PSW visa. Before now, I was working with my student Visa and it happened that during that time I applied to care and support agency, and they responded that they do not accept students. I explained that I was already done with my school and they asked me to give them an evidence, I collected a letter from student support stating I was no more restricted by the 20hrs.

Only for me to start work and then a certain week, I did 40hrs for the agency and they paid me for only 20hrs. I called and they said it is because of the restriction on the hours. I explained I already submitted a letter from the school an they apologised that they will pay.

Two weeks later I received an amount from transferwise smaller than the amount owed normally they pay comes from "wepay(the company handling their payroll). My mind told me they were the one, when I called they said they were the one. I asked the reason paying me this amount through a private account of an employee and he said I was paid off NI. I told me my money was not complete and he said that is the amount cos it is off NI. I explained to him that I already submitted evidence removing the 20hrs restriction. He said they also removed uniform money. I asked him to send me a payslip showing the deduction that I dont mind but send me a payslip. I reported the matter to the manager but apparently they all together and people i have spoken to said that agency is known for doing that. That they keep passing you around till you get tired.

Please what is the right way of demanding for my payslip? I have never worked more than 20hrs in any week during school term. I just want an evidence for monies deducted. Please how do I go about this/

@lexusgs430, @newbie and other elders.

Please recall this story when @lexusgs430 told me to stop requesting for the payslip verbally and @newbie told me to write and threaten them with ACAS.

Update on the story. I wrote and gave them a time frame without using threat and the elapsed nothing happened. I called ACAS and they told me to write again and tell them if they dont comply, that the matter will be taken to the employee tribunal. I wrote and followed it up with a call and it started receiving attention. Then they came again and said the money was for uniform. I told them nothing like that is stated in my contract nor in the employee handbook and that if any deduction outside the statutory is to be made, that it has to be signed for.

I told them I could return the uniform to them but that my complete money has to be paid. On the issue of the salary paid off NI, an account number has been sent tome to refund the money they paid me off NI. Then, they process the salary the normal way.

They intend to pay the money by Thursday next week, please am I on the right path if I send the uniform back to them tomorrow? I dont want to work for them again.

Thanks for your assistance so far.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
dentalux:

@lexusgs430, @newbie and other elders.

Please recall this story when @lexusgs430 told me to stop requesting for the payslip verbally and @newbie told me to write and threaten them with ACAS.

Update on the story. I wrote and gave them a time frame without using threat and the elapsed nothing happened. I called ACAS and they told me to write again and tell them if they dont comply, that the matter will be taken to the employee tribunal. I wrote and followed it up with a call and it started receiving attention. Then they came again and said the money was for uniform. I told them nothing like that is stated in my contract nor in the employee handbook and that if any deduction outside the statutory is to be made, that it has to be signed for.

I told them I could return the uniform to them but that my complete money has to be paid. On the issue of the salary paid off NI, an account number has been sent tome to refund the money they paid me off NI. Then, they process the salary the normal way.

They intend to pay the money by Thursday next week, please am I on the right path if I send the uniform back to them tomorrow? I dont want to work for them again.

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Have they asked for the uniform, to be returned.........

What's the shortfall in payment..........

Just dey follow who know road and always allow the poor, breath properly......... 😂🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Wike made ministerial list......... This Nigerian political scene dey sweet ó....... 😁😂

Wike of PDP, made APC ministerial list........ Choi...... Atiku must be feeling sick, in his stomach......... 🤣😕

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Have they asked for the uniform, to be returned.........

What's the shortfall in payment..........

Just dey follow who know road and always allow the poor, breath properly......... 😂🤣

Yes. They have asked for the uniform, they asked if I know the address to send it to, I told them I didnt want to assume that they should send the address to me in a mail. Although I made the move for the uniform to be returned because I cant use the uniform for anything and I just wanted us to resolve the matter peacefully. Moreso, the uniform can still be used only worn the uniform once on top of my clothing and had to take off before the end of the shift when I found out it was mental health.

The shortfall would be the price of the uniform now if they pass it through the normal way now but wouldnt want to give details this may completely unmask me.
But can I return the uniform to them?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
dentalux:

Yes. They have asked for the uniform, they asked if I know the address to send it to, I told them I didnt want to assume that they should send the address to me in a mail. Although I made the move for the uniform to be returned because I cant use the uniform for anything and I just wanted us to resolve the matter peacefully. Moreso, the uniform can still be used only worn the uniform once on top of my clothing and had to take off before the end of the shift when I found out it was mental health.

The shortfall would be the price of the uniform now if they pass it through the normal way now but wouldnt want to give details this may completely unmask me.
But can I return the uniform to them?

Return the uniform back, by a signed for royal mail service......... Hope the uniform was not made from gold, silver, sapphire and swarovski crystals............ 😁😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LORETA: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Please guys I need your candid advice ,my spouse got 2 offer from health sector. One for Kent, and another for Northampton.
Same company ,same salary, same job, but different city.
Please we need advice. On which to accept accordingly to these cities .we dont have kids yet.
Thanks guys
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LORETA: 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
We are also currently in the west midlands
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Return the uniform back, by a signed for royal mail service......... Hope the uniform was not made from gold, silver, sapphire and swarovski crystals............ 😁😂

Exactly what I intended to do. Thanks so so much. Uniform made from gold.... 😅
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
Schoolhike:

There are some of websites that accept YouTube link videos then give you the caption.

Copy and paste into gpt, meanwhile gpt has a maximum of words that can be paste in (can’t remember), but Claude Ai has almost unlimited words it can processed at a time.

But you can copy and paste the result of the generated words and Convert to txt files or docs, then use gpt plus code interpreter feature of to upload files, like docs, pdfs, screenshots, pics etc then ask questions about the uploaded files.

Claude Ai accept YouTube links, but it will reach another video content for you.

Thank you very much. I'll give the options a try. Btw, you can increase the number of characters in Gpt. I recently changed mine from 2000 to 10000. There are other newly rolled out features too like customising it for the kind of results you want from it. Though that's unavailable in the UK at the moment

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Elderss, Joy83(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.