Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (487014 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29
Samguine:

Congratulations. Germany is a beautiful country.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 4:48pm On Apr 29
Borrow222:

Thanks mate.

I was even thinking that it is now online application.
Going to London from Manchester for passport renewal na wah oo.

Please do quickly apply lets see if you have to go to your local government area in in Nigeria to prove your Nigerian citizenship. I am due to go there in July and I'm tired in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 10:32pm On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

Russia would win many battles, I hope Ukraine wins the war...... Either militarily or by putin kicking his mug.......

Haba chief... On what basis and facts are you deriving this your hope that Ukraine would or could win the war? It would be a COLD ICY day in hell before that happens.

Putin doesn't look like someone that is ready to kick any bucket any time soon... All those talks are propaganda yans from the US/West.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 10:47pm On Apr 29
Kenn55:

"Ukrainian are being slaughtered like cows"
You are implying that it is the fault of Zelensky that his people are being slaughtered by Russia. He should just give Russia whatever they want OR .......... GET SLAUGHTERED.
Let me even ask you, what does Russia want?

It's visible to even the blind that Zelensky is a puppet that is being instigated.

...also ask yourself what the US wants! If they are not destabilising countries via sponsoring insurrections & coups, they are invading independent nations.

If you don't know, the US has and have always had a hand in the emergence of terrorists and global terrorism.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:02pm On Apr 29
Zahra29:

You mean surrender (Putin isn't interested in a truce) and allow your country to be taken over...

It's not that black and white though is it?

What happens if Russia decides tomorrow to invade Poland and then sets its sights on Western Europe? You really think Putin wants to stop at Ukraine?

This is exactly the fear the propaganda by the US/West is meant to achieve!!!

Now, let me ask you... who is most likely and certain to invade an independent nation, the US or Russia? Base your answer on statistics and the current subtle regional instability.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Apr 29
toughest007:

Haba chief... On what basis and facts are you deriving this your hope that Ukraine would or could win the war? It would be a COLD ICY day in hell before that happens.

Putin doesn't look like someone that is ready to kick any bucket any time soon... All those talks are propaganda yans from the US/West.

Unfortunately, I have to root for the oppressed....... Putin is simply a bully......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:10pm On Apr 29
wallg123:

Ukraine is just a smoke screen for NATOs (USA) aggression on Russia, just as Taiwan is a pone in same USA aggression to China. figure this out

Let them explain why the US is concurrently funding Ukraine, Isreal, Taiwan etc etc with billions of dollars and these monies is just to instigate wars and end lives... Why are you all failing to see all of these as WRONG?!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:23pm On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately, I have to root for the oppressed....... Putin is simply a bully......

What is your metrics for determining an oppressed and who a bully is? Where does the US fall on your metrics of measuring a bully?

What metrics would you apply for the rest of the oppressed where American and NATO bombs have dropped?!!!

A quick and simple Google search reveals the countries the US has bombed since World War II:

Afghanistan: 1998, 2001
Bosnia: 1994, 1995
Cambodia: 1969-70
China: 1945-46
Congo: 1964
Cuba: 1959-61
El Salvador: 1980s
Grenada: 1983
Guatemala: 1954, 1960, 1967-69
Indonesia: 1958
Iran: 1987, 2020
Iraq: 1991-2000s, 2015
Korea: 1950-53
Kuwait: 1991
Laos: 1964-73
Lebanon: 1983, 1984
Libya: 1986, 2011
Nicaragua: 1980s
Pakistan: 2003, 2006
Palestine: 2010
Panama: 1989
Peru: 1965
Somalia: 1993, 2007-08, 2010
Sudan: 1998
Syria: 2014
Vietnam: 1961-73
Yemen: 2002, 2009
Yugoslavia: 1999

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Apr 29
toughest007:

What is your metrics for determining an oppressed and who a bully is? Where does the US fall on your metrics of measuring a bully?

What metrics would you apply for the rest of the oppressed where American and NATO bombs have dropped?!!!

A quick and simple Google search reveals the countries the US has bombed since World War II:

Afghanistan: 1998, 2001
Bosnia: 1994, 1995
Cambodia: 1969-70
China: 1945-46
Congo: 1964
Cuba: 1959-61
El Salvador: 1980s
Grenada: 1983
Guatemala: 1954, 1960, 1967-69
Indonesia: 1958
Iran: 1987, 2020
Iraq: 1991-2000s, 2015
Korea: 1950-53
Kuwait: 1991
Laos: 1964-73
Lebanon: 1983, 1984
Libya: 1986, 2011
Nicaragua: 1980s
Pakistan: 2003, 2006
Palestine: 2010
Panama: 1989
Peru: 1965
Somalia: 1993, 2007-08, 2010
Sudan: 1998
Syria: 2014
Vietnam: 1961-73
Yemen: 2002, 2009
Yugoslavia: 1999

A coin always got 2 sides...... You have choosen your side, I have also selected mine........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:42pm On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

A coin always got 2 sides...... You have choosen your side, I have also selected mine........

Baba, it's not a 'choosing a side thing', it's basic statistics... The US has its footprint on EVERY wahala on earth and beyond.

How many countries have Russia invaded and bombed since the collapse of the Soviet Union as against the US since WW II?

Which countries have Russia instigated insurrections and sponsored coups as against the US?

How many people have died from Russian bombs as against the US?

We know who the bully and aggressor is... QED

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:44pm On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

The evidence is in front of you and you still choose the wrong side of the coin 😭

The west got a spell on some Africans that we can’t call them out for their evil deeds.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:10am On Apr 30
lavida001:

The evidence is in front of you and you still choose the wrong side of the coin 😭

The west got a spell on some Africans that we can’t call them out for their evil deeds.

And what have African's done about the spell imposed on them, by fellow African's....... 😝
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Apr 30
toughest007:

Baba, it's not a 'choosing a side thing', it's basic statistics... The US has its footprint on EVERY wahala on earth and beyond.

How many countries have Russia invaded and bombed since the collapse of the Soviet Union as against the US since WW II?

Which countries have Russia instigated insurrections and sponsored coups as against the US?

Because you're wrong, does not make you a better person...... Likewise me been right, does not also make a fulfilled........ πŸ˜πŸ™„
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 12:39am On Apr 30
Lexusgs430:

Because you're wrong, does not make you a better person...... Likewise me been right, does not also make a fulfilled........ πŸ˜πŸ™„

Bro, I'm not after who is wrong or right. I'm just pointing out the obvious greater evil.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:43am On Apr 30
toughest007:

Bro, I'm not after who is wrong or right. I'm just pointing out the obvious greater evil.

Bro, Nothing we do/say, would change the outcome.....

But we are allowed to select a side ....... I am on the side of good .......πŸ˜πŸ˜€
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by boneruns(m): 1:44am On Apr 30
Please has anyone applied for Greece Schengen visa recently and how long did it take for the visa to be approved? Also for a short visit in October, when is the best time to apply?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 6:31am On Apr 30
Another one bites the dust.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 6:44am On Apr 30
toughest007:

Now, let me ask you... who is most likely and certain to invade an independent nation, the US or Russia? Base your answer on statistics and the current subtle regional instability.

You are full of propaganda and conspiracy theories without even realizing it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 7:25am On Apr 30
080bjaked:
Please I'm seeking advice. Royalmail misplace my passport sometime in Feb. Now I'm trying to apply for a new one but cos of the requirement of the NG commission in UK, I need a Police report. Unfortunately, it seems UK Police stations don't give reports for lost items. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it addressed please?

UK Police Stations do, last time I checked. There's even a link to do it online, the portal used to be called "Report My Loss", just google it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:33am On Apr 30
toughest007:

GBAM! Lobatan o
The US/NATO is the aggressor, and had been for the last 30 years at least. Ain't no way I can ever see Russia as the aggressor when the only time in the last 30 years they have been 'the aggressor' is in movies.

If Ukraine like make dem get sense, if dem like make dem no get brain. Na dem and their people go lose, while US/NATO/the west loses nothing.

Talk about being foolish.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 9:22am On Apr 30
Lexusgs430:
Let's kindly educate ourselves and our children, about safe transfer money account scams..... My daughter almost fell for this scam, but my daughter would always consult her father, prior to any financial engagement......

This move just saved her plenty....... 😊

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/money-transfer-scams

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/decisions-case-studies/case-studies/customer-asked-transfer-money-account-threat

The Nadia in this story sef na criminal... She had something to hide, and was an easy prey for the scammers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Advision: 10:22am On Apr 30
toughest007:

This is not propaganda.

Even days to the invasion, Putin was openly denying it and claiming it was just a training exercise on the borders of Ukraine, so putin denying they will invade Poland is not evidence they would not if they have the chance.

Putin has annexed 25% of Georgia also, is it also because they seek to join NATO?

Reality is putin has been trying to recreate the soviet union by annexing countries around it , it has been annexing bits and pieces of ukraine since 2014.

It is sheer ignorance to think NATO is the reason putin is invading ukraine.

In reality, it is because Ukraine failed to move towards NATO when the likes of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Estonia did. That left Ukraine exposed and at the mercy of Russia's expansionist ideas which Putin espouses. If the full annexation of Ukraine had gone as Putin hope, Kazakhstan would likely have been next as much of the Soviet Union's nuclear and space programmes were based there.

Ukraine was valuable because crimea was the only warm water Sea port the russian navy had access to. Many of the gas pipeline to Europe also pass through Ukraine, which gave Russia concern that losing Ukraine means it would lose Europe's energy market. Unfortunately for ukraine, after the collapse of the soviet Union, rather than move westward like the rest of the baltic states , it remained in Moscow's control even leasing the naval base in Crimea and pipelines to Moscow. Also it continued to use Soviet spec equipment making it dependent on Russia and

Kazakhstan knows this and has been transitioning from Soviet-grade military equipment to Chinese and NATO grade equipment to give it the chance of resisting an invasion if it happens

It was Hitler's expansionist ideas that started WW2, Putin is simply replaying this script with the hope that the fear of nuclear warfare would keep the major powers from challenging it openly.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 10:43am On Apr 30
Lexusgs430:

You sure πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ because you are not rooting for Gaza oo or Israel the oppressed in that scenario πŸ€”
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:03am On Apr 30
fatima04:

You sure πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ because you are not rooting for Gaza oo or Israel the oppressed in that scenario πŸ€”

Gaza/hamas used their hands to find trouble........😁☺️

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:45am On Apr 30
toughest007:

[b]Now, let me ask you... who is most likely and certain to invade an independent nation, the US or Russia? [/b]Base your answer on statistics and the current subtle regional instability.

Erm, seeing as Russia is attempting to invade colonise another sovereign country as we speak...my answer would have to be Russia!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:47am On Apr 30
Advision:

This is not propaganda.

Even days to the invasion, Putin was openly denying it and claiming it was just a training exercise on the borders of Ukraine, so putin denying they will invade Poland is not evidence they would not if they have the chance.

Putin has annexed 25% of Georgia also, is it also because they seek to join NATO?

Reality is putin has been trying to recreate the soviet union by annexing countries around it , it has been annexing bits and pieces of ukraine since 2014.

Well said....people painting Russia as the victim is laughable. The US isn't innocent/perfect sure, no country is. But we're talking about a "man" who was behind the shooting down of a full passenger plane, killing 300 innocent civilians. A "man" whose political opponents meet untimely deaths both in Russia and overseas...anyone remember Livitneko who was poisoned and killed in a UK hospital in 2006....and attempted murders of other russian nationals a few years ago in Salisbury....on and on it goes, but somehow he's the aggrieved party undecided....it's true that some people love a dictator

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Kenn55: 12:41pm On Apr 30
Advision:

This is not propaganda.

In reality, it is because Ukraine failed to move towards NATO when the likes of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Estonia did. That left Ukraine exposed and at the mercy of Russia's expansionist ideas which Putin espouses. If the full annexation of Ukraine had gone as Putin hope, Kazakhstan would likely have been next as much of the Soviet Union's nuclear and space programmes were based there.

Ukraine was valuable because crimea was the only warm water Sea port the russian navy had access to. Many of the gas pipeline to Europe also pass through Ukraine, which gave Russia concern that losing Ukraine means it would lose Europe's energy market. Unfortunately for ukraine, after the collapse of the soviet Union, rather than move westward like the rest of the baltic states , it remained in Moscow's control even leasing the naval base in Crimea and pipelines to Moscow. Also it continued to use Soviet spec equipment making it dependent on Russia and

Kazakhstan knows this and has been transitioning from Soviet-grade military equipment to Chinese and NATO grade equipment to give it the chance of resisting an invasion if it happens

It was Hitler's expansionist ideas that started WW2, Putin is simply replaying this script with the hope that the fear of nuclear warfare would keep the major powers from challenging it openly.

Thank you for schooling them. The one that annoyed me most was the coward Putin displayed in the days and months before the invasion. He vehemently denied plans to invade Ukraine despite positioning his forces in Belarus and all around Ukraine borders. Lavrov even called US war monger when US was sharing Putin's plan publicly. I was even fooled myself cos I believed Russia denial of plans to invade Ukraine cos it doesn't make sense. Ukraine didn't attack Russia so why will Russia invade so I thought.
Zelensky was also fooled cos I remember him telling the US to tone it down believing Russia won't do such. I guess Zelensky didn't believe until it happened
If Putin had made his intentions clear, probably west would have prepared Ukraine militarily ahead of time, Ukraine wouldn't be in this mess now.
Russia took months to plan and execute an invasion of her neighbor but somehow they are victims not agressors

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30
Lexusgs430:

This might not happen to you....... But this nannies, would switch on you and might make your life a living hell...... Once the nanny realises she could bring on a spurious allegation, to obtain her ILR........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4523152/GP-husband-trafficked-Nigerian-slave-UK.html

It appears that the couple had a history of bringing people in to do childcare services for them and refuse to pay eventually.

In 2004, they brought in Iyambo Olatunji, refused to pay her and allegedly slapped the woman when she asked for her proper pay.
https://archive.is/MRrUO

In 2007, it was Lydia Ogundowala.
https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3665.full

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30
Please who knows the app used to monitor driving test appointments for any cancelled slot that becomes available?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zakikaki: 1:31pm On Apr 30
wonlasewonimi:

Please do quickly apply lets see if you have to go to your local government area in in Nigeria to prove your Nigerian citizenship. I am due to go there in July and I'm tired in advance.

You have to go to your local government to renew your passport now? Or you're just being sarcastic?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 1:52pm On Apr 30
Zakikaki:

You have to go to your local government to renew your passport now? Or you're just being sarcastic?

I'm not being sarcastic. It's part of the requirements now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:51pm On Apr 30
Tinyemeka:
Please who knows the app used to monitor driving test appointments for any cancelled slot that becomes available?

Thanks in advance.

Testi, works well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (554) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Lexusgs430, Elderss, Controlv, timelessboy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.