Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (488012 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (555) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
hustla:

Trust Naira at your own peril

grin
anything that goes up in Nigeria, never comes down. Never ever. Not even Naira

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Does the dates coincide with the end date of your studies? Best you check this and confirm with your school then go with the advice they give.

Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

I got a letter from the council for council tax and I’m wondering if people pay as high as £188 each month as council tax. I was living in a serviced apartment with bills included so this is my first contact with bills.
Also as a student, I learnt I should either be exempted or pay a reduced rate.
My husband is working fully though.
What next steps can I take?

My second concern is the letter that was shared some days back about overworking.
I registered with two agencies and because shifts are not that stable, I can get one shift from each agency per week. I’m aggregate, it’s two shifts per week but both are 12 hours shift.
I have been concerned that this does not affect my PSWP application.
Can anyone share their thoughts
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

I got a letter from the council for council tax and I’m wondering if people pay as high as £188 each month as council tax. I was living in a serviced apartment with bills included so this is my first contact with bills.
Also as a student, I learnt I should either be exempted or pay a reduced rate.
My husband is working fully though.
What next steps can I take?

My second concern is the letter that was shared some days back about overworking.
I registered with two agencies and because shifts are not that stable, I can get one shift from each agency per week. I’m aggregate, it’s two shifts per week but both are 12 hours shift.
I have been concerned that this does not affect my PSWP application.
Can anyone share their thoughts
I pay 235
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yes it is cheesy

hustla:

Is the MMF in naira?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ha shocked

gmacnoms:
I pay 235
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Can someone recommend a cordless pressure gun to wash car?

The batteries of the ones I've been seeing last just 30 minutes.

Budget £50 but willing to up it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Which band you dey? God abeg oo grin grin
gmacnoms:
I pay 235
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
hayesconcept:
Which band you dey? God abeg oo grin grin
D
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
bigtt76:
Ha shocked

the thing weak me 😥😥😥

Childcare sef choke 😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hi my people,

Please is there anyone coming to UK soon? Please I am in urgent need of a textbook from Nigeria. The book can be bought by the person( I will cover for the logistics and all) just for transparency. I know many people are scared of bringing things from naija 😎😎

Make una help me Abeg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samopex05: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Please for those that updated their visas recently, did you do the biometrics via the Immigration ID Check App.

That App has been driving me crazy for the past 3 days now.

I haven’t been able to scan the chip on my current BRP, it keeps bringing out the error code.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kasillars(m): 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hello house,
Please I sent my BRP and provisional license form to the DLVA since last week Wednesday using special delivery and it was confirmed delivered. Checking The status on the website now, it saying "In progress, awaiting Application return form".
I want to know if it's normal. Because it's over a week since I sent the mail.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
gmacnoms:
the thing weak me 😥😥😥

Childcare sef choke 😁

On a light note, this one wey you sef don dey shout e choke cheesy cheesy abi no be you dey throw jabs at Lexus450 just a few months/weeks ago? shocked shocked.

I hope I am not mistaking you for another person though grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
SamReinvented:

Whatever you do, please stay away from Ethiopian airlines, unless you want your money to go cheesy.

Wahala...
Me and my brother agreed on Egypt air, few hours latter he called me that his friend said I should not even try Egypt air. People say don't try Air Maroc, now stay away from Ethiopia airlines.

I'm confused.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
I see na A i dey
gmacnoms:
D
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Please house, if you receive a letter from the council regarding waste been dropped on the highway because a document regarding your information was found in it, what should be done?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
iyatrustee:

On a light note, this one wey you sef don dey shout e choke cheesy cheesy abi no be you dey throw jabs at Lexus450 just a few months/weeks ago? shocked shocked.

I no shout o. In 2 months, I no wetin don sup.

The bills Dey, d hustle Dey to pay d bills, enjoy the bills and still soft on the side

Person wey dey yarn dust for my CS and thread.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kasillars(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
Try Rwanda Air... Though I think they got just Tuesdays and Thursdays if I am not mistaken And their aircrafts are pretty new too .
Viruses:

Wahala...
Me and my brother agreed on Egypt air, few hours latter he called me that his friend said I should not even try Egypt air. People say don't try Air Maroc, now stay away from Ethiopia airlines.

I'm confused.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
For your peace of mind, use Qatar. For me, it's Qatar or BA.

Viruses:

Wahala...

I'm confused.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by midey93(f): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hello guys, please I need advice and it's now pretty urgent.

I'm a qualified lawyer in Nigeria and I've been in the UK as a dependent for some time now. All the jobs I'm getting are care jobs which I'm really tired of. Just want to know from those with experience in the UK or that have been there for a long time. What prospect does a Nigerian lawyer have in the UK?

I'm aware I need to write SQE to practice as a solicitor but due to paucity of funds, I can't afford that for now. What can I be doing in the interim asides care jobs? What other sector can I easily get jobs? Or what next step(s) do you think I can take

I'll appreciate any advice I can get.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Daveheart: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
gmacnoms:
After so much applications, a few interviews , a lot of rejection mails( even the ones I did not solicit for)

I finally got an employment offer after, less than 2 weeks here in the uk.

I am happy because I have been given an opportunity to start working in a line that I prefer to the others and close to my past work experience.

The applications, rejections and interviews, made it seem like I’ve been job hunting for almost 3 months here in the uk.

To God be the glory
Please drop me your mail I would like to enquire something from you. Am in Uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
SamReinvented:

Whatever you do, please stay away from Ethiopian airlines, unless you want your money to go cheesy.

Definitely not true. I even paid for Ethiopian airlines in May for a September flight. I know people who flew with them with a good experience. "Money to go" ke? I guess you had a terrible experience with them?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Viruses:

Wahala...

I'm confused.

These are all budget African airlines so just choose one and face the subpar quality. You can't compare them to Qatar or British afterall they're typically much cheaper.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
kasillars:
Hello house,
Please I sent my BRP and provisional license form to the DLVA since last week Wednesday using special delivery and it was confirmed delivered. Checking The status on the website now, it saying "In progress, awaiting Application return form".

It's just one week, Give it some more time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
iyatrustee:

We all marked the young man since.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kasillars(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thanks
Solumtoya:

It's just one week, Give it some more time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
Samopex05:
Please for those that updated their visas recently, did you do the biometrics via the Immigration ID Check App.

That App has been driving me crazy for the past 3 days now.

I haven’t been able to scan the chip on my current BRP, it keeps bringing out the error code.

Don’t scan using the portrait mode. Turn your phone as in Landscape then try again. Should work. Stressed me for days

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pushup: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
kasillars:
Hello house,

It is normal and there is some where on the site that says they only update when the application form was received and not the stage. When it is approved it will say license issued
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samopex05: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Lordfiido:

Don’t scan using the portrait mode. Turn your phone as in Landscape then try again. Should work. Stressed me for days

Thanks Mate.

I will try this method again tonight as it keeps locking me out for 24hrs.

Did you use an Android or iPhone when you did yours?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
ukay2:

Painting and wall papers are my next step soon grin

Correct. We move. Every penny counts, na my watch word be that.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Daveheart:

Please drop me your mail I would like to enquire something from you. Am in Uk
Leave your mail. I’ll send a message. You can also send a nairaland mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Samopex05:

Thanks Mate.

I will try this method again tonight as it keeps locking me out for 24hrs.

Did you use an Android or iPhone when you did yours?

iPhone. It should work with that method

I was locked three times before I tried it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (555) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Zisyme, Mlsjim and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.