Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460921 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2023
joe10:
Good evening fam,

Pls l applied for this role with the address where i booked my accommodation and used the uk number given by TLS during biometrics. The job was posted on August 11th with no expiry date but l am landing mid-September. I am given an email to contact or number to call/message the organisation. Pls how do i respond to this mail cos l am worried that i might lose the job if i state that l am currently not in uk. Pls your advise is appreciated.

Ask if they can allow you take the interview remotely as you have some GP appointments around that time

They can also reschedule the interview for you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Does anyone have information about parking at Heathrow Airport

How far are car parks from the airport?
Like how much for a 5hrs parking?
Any restrictions worth knowing before hand?
Will I still need to take uber because of luggages?

I understand I should avoid driving to/in London as much as possible but I just want information about parking in/around Heathrow airport.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Googledrive12: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
Googledrive12:
If anyone know an Abuja based courier service that send stuff from Abuja to London please share their details with me. Thanks in anticipation.

Please I need help with this πŸ™ 😒
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Googledrive12: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Googledrive12:
If anyone know an Abuja based courier service that send stuff from Abuja to London please share their details with me. Thanks in anticipation.

Please I need help with this. DHL and Fedex prices can cost I month London house rent πŸ™ 😒 . Someone mentioned that they used an Abuja based courier service and it was good, I have been searching both online and in Nairaland previous post to get the details but found nothing. Help !!! Please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

With Elfin market cards, NO......
Chai!, Which one is Elfin again? I will check for it online. Thank you.
I sight your Fold4 Oga abeg cut soap for me nah smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
midey93:
Hello guys, please I need advice and it's now pretty urgent.

I'm a qualified lawyer in Nigeria and I've been in the UK as a dependent for some time now. All the jobs I'm getting are care jobs which I'm really tired of. Just want to know from those with experience in the UK or that have been there for a long time. What prospect does a Nigerian lawyer have in the UK?

I'm aware I need to write SQE to practice as a solicitor but due to paucity of funds, I can't afford that for now. What can I be doing in the interim asides care jobs? What other sector can I easily get jobs? Or what next step(s) do you think I can take

I'll appreciate any advice I can get.
Thank you

Go for governance/compliance roles. You don’t need to re-qualify for those.

Which particular sector will depend on your specific practice experience.

DM and I will try to assist with your applications.

Best of luck.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adefoluk: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
No, there is Global Talent Visa for Research/Academia.

Focus99:
Do one have to be in the tech field to apply for global talent visa?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Viruses:
Does anyone have information about parking at Heathrow Airport

How far are car parks from the airport?
Like how much for a 5hrs parking?
Any restrictions worth knowing before hand?
Will I still need to take uber because of luggages?

I understand I should avoid driving to/in London as much as possible but I just want information about parking in/around Heathrow airport.

Thanks

Not far and you won't need Uber just get trolley for your luggage. Check Heathrow website for the parking fee, but I think it should be sub Β£20 for that duration. You can also check your car for low emission zone compliance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Why so many deleted posts? Did I miss some action?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
Estroller:

Not far and you won't need Uber just get trolley for your luggage. Check Heathrow website for the parking fee, but I think it should be sub Β£20 for that duration. You can also check your car for low emission zone compliance.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
Solumtoya:
Why so many deleted posts? Did I miss some action?

Ah you no see wetin happen...omo you miss o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Be careful driving out there ...... AI cameras, might be watching you..........

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-66508840.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16922577103955&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-cornwall-66508840

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Viruses:

Ah you no see wetin happen...omo you miss o

I can imagine. I suspect one fellow will definitely be involved. And no one can give me a rundown of the session. I need to check this thread more often and the Admin abi moderator needs to delete less often
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-66508840.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16922577103955&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-cornwall-66508840

Always obey the driving safety rule and you will not mind any camera.... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
ukay2:

Always obey the driving safety rule and you will not mind any camera.... grin

Famous last words....... Till you touch your phone......

3 days later...... You receive a brown envelope......... 😜🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Famous last words....... Till you touch your phone......

3 days later...... You receive a brown envelope......... 😜🀣

I no dey touch ooo

No temptation go make me touch..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please my People , make I no die in silence. What kind of cream do you recommend for dry skin in this uk. I have lived in Norther Nigeria and never had this type of dry skin. All my legs are usually white πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Kindly recommend Abeg.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samopex05: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lordfiido:

iPhone. It should work with that method

I was locked three times before I tried it.

Worked like magic. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by codedarrow: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
This website is not BBC !
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
mex551:
Please my People , make I no die in silence. What kind of cream do you recommend for dry skin in this uk. I have lived in Norther Nigeria and never had this type of dry skin. All my legs are usually white πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Kindly recommend Abeg.

Cantu and Coconut oil
Seems Cerave is good too
wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Schoolhike:

Person jam my car while it was parked, while my car also enter person building (fence pulled down) the person left the scene (not a run-away driver I think), but police said it’s criminal as he left the scene, eye witness we’re able to get the car details.

All in all, my point I was asked every question you could imagine. By both police and insurance coy.

Make people shaa no lie for insurance companies that’s all I can say, up to the point of what is your job type and use of car, your mileage you inputted while buying out the insurance and so on.

It’s also very important to update any change in personal details most especially address.

Let you car be in good condition, don’t drive with tyres beyond the allowable legal limit.

Wahala plenty for this UK auto insurance.

Checked my details and realized I still have my old job; tried updating form Administrator (Private Healthcare) to Accountant (NHS) and I'm seeing additional Β£258 payment for 4 months. I'll just cancel and get a new one, but is this how someone will keep paying each time we change job?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Samopex05:

Worked like magic. Thanks

Anytime bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
codedarrow:

What other proof do you require........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
codedarrow:

It’s BBC. That page is hosted on a CDN for quick delivery to browsers.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
mex551:

Have you tried :

- Vaseline mixed with cocoa butter......
- E45....
- Diprobase....
- Doublebase.....
- Cetraben....

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ekababbe: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please I need a job with COS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
dustydee:

Does this attract the cash withdrawal fees as well?

I think @Lexusgs430 meant money transfer cards. They work the same way as balance transfer cards - a small percentage is charged as fees when approved. My bank offer 2..5% fees on the money transfer value with 0% interest up to 18months. If approved, the money goes straight into your nominated bank account. No additional charges for the 18 months as long as you make the monthly minimum payment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Peerielass:

I think @Lexusgs430 meant money transfer cards. They work the same way as balance transfer cards - a small percentage is charged as fees when approved. My bank offer 2..5% fees on the money transfer value with 0% interest up to 18months. If approved, the money goes straight into your nominated bank account. No additional charges for the 18 months as long as you make the minimum payment.

Elfie market does not charge a bank transfer fee (and account is credited within 10 minutes).....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What other proof do you require........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Chai! Na my adugbo be ds oooo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I hope say I no dey among those 297 oooo cos I dey blow anything 😩
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tshoboy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
ukay2:

I no dey touch ooo

No temptation go make me touch..... grin
Even when you use as satnav and you need to check the route.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
mex551:
You can use any of the creams that have been suggested above. make sure your body is still a bi wet while applying the cream that way it blends into the skin easily. That’s what I do

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
tshoboy:

Even when you use as satnav and you need to check the route.
l have Garmin satnav, l don't use phone for satnav grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: toughest007, 9ger, kwell(m), Globalshaper, LionInZion, Nemie, 080bjaked(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.