Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (488592 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (555) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2023
babajeje123:

For a start, na one person o. Not sure of how soon the other person go get work.

Don't do it. I see someone has sent the average income in UK but that's very different from the average income in London.

Anyway, you should evaluate it thoroughly by getting a breakdown of costs and seeing what's left.

Edit: Just saw that it'll be a one person household. Definitely please don't do it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 20, 2023
lightnlife:
No, you can't transfer from Nigerian USD account to a UK account.

You can, but there will likely be fees for the conversion to GBP by your bank here, in addition to the usual wire transfer charges.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 8:16am On Aug 20, 2023
Hello my people, am trying to book for driving test but the date am getting if from Dec. 2023. What can I do please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2023
True! It's possible but some crazy fee. Thanks.

koonbey:

You can, but there will likely be fees for the conversion to GBP by your bank here, in addition to the usual wire transfer charges.

kode12:

You can transfer from a Nigerian dom account to a UK account.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Soknown: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2023
Etsetemi88:
Greetings house, please do we have anyone here who lives in Grimsby or nearby towns?,I am looking for accomodation, even if it's a shared apartment I don't mind. Please it's urgent. Thanks as I await your responses
Hi, got your mail and replied but for whatever reasons, it returned undelivered.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2023
Lordfiido:

Good morning boss. Quite Urgent but I can still wait till September.

Are you coming anytime soon please ?

Yes I am coming anytime soon before September
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lordfiido(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2023
gergemam:

Yes I am coming anytime soon before September

Okay bro. I have sent a pm to you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Drey1: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
Noworries11:

To God be the Glory
Elders i passed my theory test like this
46/50
64/75

Thanks to every contributors especially @phayie and lexus

Tried the hazard perception practice on the app for the first time 30 mins before the test n scored 47/75 almost got discouraged grin

Please someone once posted how they used video (DIY) self training to pass the practical driving test
Kindly share the links...
I need start start driving as soon as next month cheesy

Congrats baba. Abeg. Which of the 2 below did you use.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tshoboy(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
Bants aside. The person who has been accused of flytipping should take it seriously. That’s an expensive fine.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Etsetemi88: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
[
Thanks so much for your response. Can you please reach out to me on 7513617211. Thanks .
quote author=Soknown post=125232105]
Hi, got your mail and replied but for whatever reasons, it returned undelivered. [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2023
Thank you very much

I appreciate

lightnlife:
No, you can't transfer from Nigerian USD account to a UK account.

However, you have two options;

1. Bring your USD debit card and withdraw pounds at UK ATMs. Think of the market exchange rate (USD/GBP) and the withdrawal fee ($3 per withdrawal).

2. Exchange your dollar to Naira in Nigeria. Keep it in your Naira account. When you come, open a LemFi (Lemonade) account and convert the Naira to Pounds. Caveat; Naira's instability might be an advantage or otherwise. Mostly like the latter.

For your on-arrival expenses, I'd advise exchanging and bringing a minimum of £100 in cash from Nigeria. Worst case scenario, you can exchange Naira to Pounds INSIDE the airport if you're unable to get prior to your travel date.

Best wishes.😉

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2023
Edakun faa, where is semmyk, been so long he posted. Hope you are doing good?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
Drey1:

Congrats baba. Abeg. Which of the 2 below did you use.

They are literally the same...I guess however see attached
Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
GuyfromHR......its been awhile you commented here.

l do hope you're fine Sir?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
hustla:

Looks like it's going to involve a lot of block building and manual labor

grin

World Cup construction is over nah........ 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

World Cup construction is over nah........ 😂

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
tushqueen:
Edakun faa, where is semmyk, been so long he posted. Hope you are doing good?

Co-ask !!!

I asked this a few months ago and quoted him but no response.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
#copied#

ARE YOU WORKING MORE THAN 20 HOURS AS A STUDENT?

The Home Office is now going through people’s work records when they apply for the Graduate Visa and canceling their visa.

So, if you have been overworking, you are breaching the condition of your leave by working more than 20 hours term-time and they are waiting for you.

I received several instructions on canceled leave in the last two weeks. Repent, for the ‘kingdom’ of the Home Office is at hand. You have been warned. Repost aggressively!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by amanze54: 12:26am On Aug 21, 2023
Hi my people.

I am set to buy a car in this UK. Used Car

Please are there recommendations I can take note of. I don't have much experience with cars here.

I am already searching on Autotrader but most are 50,000 miles and above with more than 2 previous owners.

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:37am On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elisinho(m): 12:43am On Aug 21, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Hi guys. First time flyer here.

Is it true one can’t fly with skincare products over 100ml? My friend is saying it will be seized 🥴, same with perfumes 😭.

if you must put it in your cargo luggage not hand luggage and if stopped reason with them amicably first
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Hi guys. First time flyer here. Is it true one can’t fly with skincare products over 100ml? My friend is saying it will be seized 🥴, same with perfumes 😭.
you can. It needs to be in your checked in luggage. Anyone above 100ml in your HAND LUGGAGE will be discarded

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Thanks for your response 🫶🏾
giselle237:
you can. It needs to be in your checked in luggage. Anyone above 100ml in your HAND LUGGAGE will be discarded
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Noted. Thank you 🫶🏾
elisinho:

if you must put it in your cargo luggage not hand luggage and if stopped reason with them amicably first
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Wisdom7400:
Does anybody here living in Bucks know how to play keyboards?

where is buck? I play keyboard/piano. Pepper dey involved?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Schoolhike:
Na wa oh, I just pray Nigeria could function properly even half efficiently as Uk.

After my car (2009) got into accident as a result of at-fault driver, I was really stressed and worried about commuting, the following day the insurance brought me a 2022 made Kia as a courtesy car to use pending investigation, although i was told that I will given a courtesy car but the timing and the car type is far above my expectations, because it was delivered quickly.

Was driving on the motorway this morning just to see some few functionalities of the car, I put on the cruise mode and lane assist mode, the car was just driving me without controlling the steering even at corners/curves.

Really feel different.

I just hope this is not a temptation to go collect car for Arnold Clark like this, as most of my friends have been doing.😂🤣😂🤣

Bros..Naa only one life you get. Chop life,buy that car cheesy. By the way was discussing with someone that got her ran into. she opted to repair her car herself, The insurance paid it to her(15k). she eventually fixed it for about 6k.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Really?

Thought the insurer pays directly to the service provider even if it's one chosen by the insured. So, you can either have them take the car to one their listed garages (they pay directly) or take it any of your preferred and present the invoice then they pay.

Please enlighten me.

Santa2:

Bros..Naa only one life you get. Chop life,buy that car cheesy. By the way was discussing with someone that got her ran into. she opted to repair her car herself, The insurance paid it to her(15k). she eventually fixed it for about 6k.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Prime suppose leverage this trend for more visibility and social good.🤣

#AreYouThePRIMESuspect

#DontBeThePRIMESuspect

tshoboy:
Bants aside. The person who has been accused of flytipping should take it seriously. That’s an expensive fine.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
lightnlife:
Really?

Thought the insurer pays directly to the service provider even if it's one chosen by the insured. So, you can either have them take the car to one their listed garages (they pay directly) or take it any of your preferred and present the invoice then they pay.

Please enlighten me.

I tried to dig for more info, but that was all I could get.Based on my previous knowledge, the steps you enumerated above is the process I knowtoo, so I was very surprised to find out out that insurance could pay directly to you. I actually pasted the scenario to find out if anyone can confirm or corroborate it. She said lots of people she knows have gotten claim like that. Took over two months for investigation though.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wisdom7400(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Santa2:

where is buck? I play keyboard/piano. Pepper dey involved?
Buckinghamshire
Wycombe to be precise

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (555) (Reply)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: Tstone1(m), KingDemolah(m), jedisco(m), directonpc(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.