Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (475216 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What channels do you seek....... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ

Playboy or Exotic Afro cougars........... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ

Bros you no fit get HBP!

I have just renewed my IPTV too, cant believe its over a year you gave out the hint.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jblesn(f): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2023
Good morning everyone,

Please someone requested for rent guarantor details a while back and I am trying to get the web address. Can someone point me to that post? I can't find it and I need to make use of it now.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BuildingProject: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2023
Newbie123:

Tried. It doesn't go beyond the postcode. It still insists on a postcode in UK
Enter address manually for overseas.

Thanks. I wanted to get a CC cos I would be moving out of the place I stay currently to a bills inclusive house and the things that helped me get that high score won't be available anymore. So I need to the CC to stay in that range or keep going up without dropping.

I tried the popular British Amex card everyone is advertising here but I couldn't even check eligibility cos it's not accepting any postcode outside of UK

Please how did you go about the 2 years address thing because even to check eligibility, it's not accepting postcodes outside of UK. Am I missing something?

It's actually the 0% in first 22 months I was going for but I'm open to trying other cards if there are better recommendations please

Thanks Lexusgs430. Please suggest a CC with better rewards please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by marylandcakes: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2023
Solumtoya:

No vex, I didn't mean you were lying. Just a struggle to imagine people pay that much. I know people pay more than ยฃ4k, it's just crazy

No problem, no offence taken.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pls house, which network is cheaper in calling Nigeria from UK. My MTN is charging me #150/min when calling and #50/min when receiving. This is costing me so much. Any cheaper alternative will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
jblesn:
Good morning everyone,

Please someone requested for rent guarantor details a while back and I am trying to get the web address. Can someone point me to that post? I can't find it and I need to make use of it now.

Thanks

Search Google for rent guarantor

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
missb50:

Bros you no fit get HBP!

I have just renewed my IPTV too, cant believe its over a year you gave out the hint.

Imagine how 12 months flew.......... ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ

The TV enjoyment + associated savings........ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
jblesn:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks

https://ukguarantor.com/

NB: When you see information you or others might need........ Simply take a screenshot......

I took a screenshot/mental note, hence my ability to reference.......

This thread is a university lecture......... ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
lightofjoy:
Pls house, which network is cheaper in calling Nigeria from UK. My MTN is charging me #150/min when calling and #50/min when receiving. This is costing me so much. Any cheaper alternative will be appreciated. Thanks

Why not switch your clients, to whatsapp messages/calls...........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks so much. I am using WhatsApp for those that has WhatsApp but some of my site workers are not on WhatsApp. Any suggestion will be appreciated
Lexusgs430:

Why not switch your clients, to whatsapp messages/calls...........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=BuildingProject post=123526134][/quote]

??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
lightofjoy:

Try white calling app, 9.5p per minute to naija.

I really like using the White Calling App for international calls and sending airtime. Try it out, they give you free credit ๐Ÿ˜Š https://whitecalling.co/install

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hello bro, Iโ€™m also considering getting chartered. Though I Started ICAN in Nigeria and still in Skills with 2 papers left.
May I ask if you started your ACCA in UK?
I have checked the fee online and it looks much ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Would you advise I continue my ICAN in UK and probably convert to ACCA later using my ICAN. Or make I just close eyes start ACCA here from the foundation level for those with Bsc. Accounting.

Thanks

Knowlegeseeking:
@Solumtoya @Goke @Zahra @peerielass @Kwakudtraveller @missb50 @SemmyK @Contra5 @Koobney @Davide470 @humblemoi.
Guyssss... Thank you so much for your insightful contributions. I just knew I would get good solution here.
Let me register for the September and December diet. I'll continue the audit and Sox controls๐Ÿ˜‚.

Thank you all๐Ÿค.

PS: I'm a lady sha๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Imagine how 12 months flew.......... ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ

The TV enjoyment + associated savings........ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ

Which provider you pay for? I paid for Kemosat

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
lightofjoy:
Thanks so much. I am using WhatsApp for those that has WhatsApp but some of my site workers are not on WhatsApp. Any suggestion will be appreciated

Get lyca international esim package ....... Hopefully, your device supports esim........

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
lightofjoy:

I use giffgaff for calling Nigeria and I get around 60mins or more for ยฃ10 topup

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks, I will give it a trial.
Estroller:

Try white calling app, 9.5p per minute to naija.

I really like using the White Calling App for international calls and sending airtime. Try it out, they give you free credit ๐Ÿ˜Š https://whitecalling.co/install

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Is it different from the normal Lyca number.
Lexusgs430:

Get lyca international esim package ....... Hopefully, your device supports esim........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jblesn(f): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
I agree, thanks boss
Lexusgs430:

NB: When you see information you or others might need........ Simply take a screenshot......

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Babynoah: 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks boss

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wahala ...He would need your CoS or CAS details to file application as your dependent - does he have all those details? If not, then you have nothing to worry about but if he does then you may consider reporting to UKVI after filing for the divorce.

ELff:
Hello my people, please prior to traveling to the UK, I and my partner did a court wedding. I used him as my dependent during my application in Nigeria. Sadly, after I traveled, a lot happened. He didn't come and I decided to move on.

Do I need to inform the HO of my current circumstance as I intend to file for divorce once I have the resources.

Can he be a dependent on someone else, will my application in Nigeria affect him. He didn't go for biometrics and all that.

What do I need to do as he met someone and might be a dependent on her visa. Whilst applying for my post study, i filled as Single. Your advise will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
harddrive2012:
Hello bro, Iโ€™m also considering getting chartered. Though I Started ICAN in Nigeria and still in Skills with 2 papers left.
May I ask if you started your ACCA in UK?
I have checked the fee online and it looks much ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Would you advise I continue my ICAN in UK and probably convert to ACCA later using my ICAN. Or make I just close eyes start ACCA here from the foundation level for those with Bsc. Accounting.

Thanks

@Harddrive2012, I wasnโ€™t sure who the question was meant for but I have responded.

No. I completed ICAN many years ago and converted to ACCA when I moved here.

Thereโ€™s no right or wrong approach. You can continue with ICAN and once you qualify, you can claim exemptions from ACCA. You will then need to sit the professional level exams as they donโ€™t offer exemption for these ones. Or you could start afresh with ACCA - this requires a lot of financial commitment and hard work so I would advise thinking it through properly before committing yourself. If you decide to pursue this route, best way to go about is to find an entry level job in this field and then work your way up. Most employers are happy to provide study support for the right candidate.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
lightnlife:
Interesting!

I'm currently in the market shopping for an entry-level BA role, and mehn, it's been a tough ride.

As a BCS-certified foundational BA, the interest is to apply the knowledge and leverage my transferable skills to improve my BA proficiencies/practice but the entry roles are not there. Daily, you'll see adverts for medium and senior level BAs but it seems no one is interested in grooming the next generation of BAs.

Could you please share some insight into getting entry-level BA roles or how to access learning environments that's not influenced by profiteering as with most of the course sellers...Thanks

I believe Business Analysts require soft skills which are transferable. With self-motivation and drive to learn and development opportunities, people should be able to transit into BA accountabilities.

My advise is to humble yourself and apply for Graduate roles either as PM or BA that requires no experience. Most large companies have these graduate roles. It could be as a PM or BA. Just one year you need and you can start targeting mid level and senior roles. Civil service organisations like dvla and others has this roles. As a PM you do some BA functions you can use to apply as a BA if thatโ€™s what you want even though I feel PM is very lucrative too. Money is not what you should target but the experience and profile

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
My people, a friend is applying for tier 2 visa and they are requesting for English proficiency, the lawyer said he should use Ecctis for certificate and English language proficiency confirmation.
Now, Ecctis requested for his transcript, can he use student copy of the transcript?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Good evening guru, quick one please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ how u guys book TB test i notice their is no UK their again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by opeoyek: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
He or she can use the student copy if it is stamped
lightofjoy:
My people, a friend is applying for tier 2 visa and they are requesting for English proficiency, the lawyer said he should use Ecctis for certificate and English language proficiency confirmation.
Now, Ecctis requested for his transcript, can he use student copy of the transcript?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KingDemolah(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
@Hustla, did you pay in the ยฃ1250 during NatWest switching immediately your account was opened or you waited until they notified you that the switching was completed?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
KingDemolah:
@Hustla, did you pay in the ยฃ1250 during NatWest switching immediately your account was opened or you waited until they notified you that the switching was completed?

When it was opened

I just left it there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KingDemolah(m): 5:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
hustla:

When it was opened

I just left it there

Ok, thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by davide470(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
hyzich:

Their review is not encouraging on appstore
I have done a total of ยฃ3k through their app and gotten ยฃ34 referral bonus with zero hitch in service. So my review would be quite different from those on Appstore, mate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OgbeniOptional(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
I got 27mins for ยฃ4.19 with giffgaff. Now bad at all

Phayie:

I use giffgaff for calling Nigeria and I get around 60mins or more for ยฃ10 topup

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ayshegz, Omankem8(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.