Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459984 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:46pm On Jan 12
EzekielBams:
Hello my people.
Please I have a question. My junior sister rented a shared apartment and sign a contract for 6 months. She has been staying there for 2 months plus and she found a better apartment close to her school. She called the landlord a Naija landlord that she wants to move out and she will get someone else to take over the room which the landlord agreed too. Now the problem is the person that took over the room has a cousin that they move in together. And other room mates are against that which they reported to the landlord in turn the landlord has asked the person to either tell the cousin to move out or they both move out. Now he called my sister and told her that she needs to move back in because he does not have the time to be looking for a new tenant which is not possible since she has gotten a new place and he also has been threatening her that she has to pay the next rent. My sister has messaged him that she informed him that she will be moving out and also forfeited her deposit on the house due to early move out. Please what can you guys advise as he is saying he will take legal action if he did not get the next rent payment on the 18th when the person that takes over the room moves out.

Does your sister have any renegotiated agreement document(s)......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 9:57pm On Jan 12
Lexusgs430:

Join the iptv club....... The whole world go appear for your wall.......🤣

No gree for anybody wey no gree you watch afcon....... 😂👀

Bros I Dey your dm for WhatsApp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 10:00pm On Jan 12
Phenmeson:

Just imagine if yu fire Nigeria v Equitorial Guinea Home Handicap, Oshimen to score and Nigeria first half win with £200.
Once U hammer,you fit invite us come Enish restaurant to come chop pepper soup or snail.
Mak dem oga at d top gv us Amazon link ooo

Bros, e no go bad if you win, make I follow com chop isi ewu pepper soup with you o. I Dey follow your lead bros 😁

One of my guy wey play Alabi that year never still get over the shock till now 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12
Lexusgs430:

Does your sister have any renegotiated agreement document(s)......

No she doesn’t. Just WhatsApp conversation between both of them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:18pm On Jan 12
EzekielBams:

No she doesn’t. Just WhatsApp conversation between both of them.

That's good enough.....

If the landlord agreed to a 'variation' in contract, landlord can no longer hold her for a breach........

Landlord should take her to court, nah judge go finish this matter.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12
Lexusgs430:

That's good enough.....

If the landlord agreed to a 'variation' in contract, landlord can no longer hold her for a breach........
Thank you so much. He has been threatening legal actions if he does not receive the next rent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:21pm On Jan 12
EzekielBams:

Thank you so much. He has been threatening legal actions if he does not receive the next rent.

Landlord should take her to court, nah judge go finish the matter.......

Have you read the exchange of conversation between them......

Did the landlord implicitly agree to the swap........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Osoderi(m): 11:02pm On Jan 12
Trying to help a family member on visa route to bring his son.

My brother brought the wife to the UK on a spouse visa in 2019, they are happily married with a child. Unfortunately, we just found out that when my brother travelled back home last year for holidays he impregnated his childhood girlfriend and the girl brought the baby to our house and that she can't take care of the baby. Now my brother who has ILR is trying to
know if he can bring his child to the UK when he is 3 years. pls we want to know the visa route he will use and bring in his son to the UK. He has all the papers and DNA that the child is his own. Kindly advice pls. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:11pm On Jan 12
Osoderi:
Trying to help a family member on visa route to bring his son.

My brother brought the wife to the UK on a spouse visa in 2019, they are happily married with a child. Unfortunately, we just found out that when my brother travelled back home last year for holidays he impregnated his childhood girlfriend and the girl brought the baby to our house and that she can't take care of the baby. Now my brother who has ILR is trying to
know if he can bring his child to the UK when he is 3 years. pls we want to know the visa route he will use and bring in his son to the UK. He has all the papers and DNA that the child is his own. Kindly advice pls. Thanks

Is his wife aware of this arrangement.........😄

I trust my wife ....... Una no just dey read my posts again........😜🤣😜

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/legitimacy-and-domicile/legitimacy-and-domicile-accessible

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 12:28am On Jan 13
Abeg my people!

Any juice on this?

LaXxOnebody:
Please can a paid mail/call be made for an application done in the UK?

I've checked severally and only our of the UK pops out.

I'd be very grateful for pointers in the right direction.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:32am On Jan 13
EzekielBams:
Hello my people.
Please I have a question. My junior sister rented a shared apartment and sign a contract for 6 months. She has been staying there for 2 months plus and she found a better apartment close to her school. She called the landlord a Naija landlord that she wants to move out and she will get someone else to take over the room which the landlord agreed too. Now the problem is the person that took over the room has a cousin that they move in together. And other room mates are against that which they reported to the landlord in turn the landlord has asked the person to either tell the cousin to move out or they both move out. Now he called my sister and told her that she needs to move back in because he does not have the time to be looking for a new tenant which is not possible since she has gotten a new place and he also has been threatening her that she has to pay the next rent. My sister has messaged him that she informed him that she will be moving out and also forfeited her deposit on the house due to early move out. Please what can you guys advise as he is saying he will take legal action if he did not get the next rent payment on the 18th when the person that takes over the room moves out.

She should tell him to take the legal action he wants to take.

Insofar as the transfer to the new tenants was done with his knowledge and consent (and he even received consideration - the forfeited deposit), the contract between your sister and the landlord is terminated and she has no business talking with him about the house at all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by larryking540: 7:42am On Jan 13
please I would like to renew my nigeria passport, currently I am in the UK ,but when I went online I saw a payment of 130$, is it normal ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by larryking540: 7:55am On Jan 13
Teedol:
Hello my good people, with the recent innovations as regards Nigerian passports, who knows if it's rubbing off here in the UK, I have an appointment on the 16th, who knows the current procedure? Thanks.

good morning boss, please how did you go about your nigeria passport renewal?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:39am On Jan 13
larryking540:
please I would like to renew my nigeria passport, currently I am in the UK ,but when I went online I saw a payment of 130$, is it normal ?

Yes

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:40am On Jan 13
larryking540:

good morning boss, please how did you go about your nigeria passport renewal?

Just follow whats on the website.. Print required docs and go early in the morning

Pretty straightforward
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 11:13am On Jan 13
hustla:

Tears, wailing and gnashing of teeth don start. We never even use 2 months for the new year grin

Data from Enroly, a web platform used by one in three international students for managing university enrolment, showed that deposit payments were down 37 per cent compared to last year.

https://www.ft.com/content/71b4c6e0-aad9-4e07-9859-152ca7f2dae2

Hehe... still early days. Would be one to watch and see where we get equilibrium. Couple of things to note is that the policy is only just coming into play and Russell group universities are already being affected also the drop in numbers already exceeds projections.

Just like Brexit and Care, there are always aftereffects. The good part is that a modest rise in local fees would offset this for the meantime. I wonder if the government/locals pick up the bill of this decision or pass it on.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:01pm On Jan 13
I think someone made a comment here one time that elite schools such as the Russel Group schools won’t have any need to panic due to the new laws’ effect on int’l student population, but look here 💀🫠:

“ Stern’s plea came as it emerged that some top universities, including York, which is a member of the elite Russell Group, were being forced to soften their entry requirements in order to maintain numbers of overseas students.”

https://punchng.com/uk-varsities-falling-into-deficit-as-foreign-students-reduce-report/#:~:text=Foreign%20students%3A%20UK,share%20this%20story%3A

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:45pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
I think someone made a comment here one time that elite schools such as the Russel Group schools won’t have any need to panic due to the new laws’ effect on int’l student population, but look here 💀🫠: “ Stern’s plea came as it emerged that some top universities, including York, which is a member of the elite Russell Group, were being forced to soften their entry requirements in order to maintain numbers of overseas students.”

https://punchng.com/uk-varsities-falling-into-deficit-as-foreign-students-reduce-report/#:~:text=Foreign%20students%3A%20UK,share%20this%20story%3A

The decline in numbers, further emphasises one point.......

Education, was simply a cover for mass migration...... Absolving that blogger for grassing on his kindred....😭🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by larryking540: 12:50pm On Jan 13
hustla:

Just follow whats on the website.. Print required docs and go early in the morning

Pretty straightforward

ok thanks boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:23pm On Jan 13
Lexusgs430:

The decline in numbers, further emphasis one point.......

Education, was simply a cover for mass migration...... Absolving that blogger for grassing on his kindred....😭🤣

Thank you Uncle Lexus....it became clear that many universities have been selling immigration for the last few years to "key countries" (in their own words) like Nigeria and India.
They enjoyed the bumper profits but did little/nothing to offset the resultant impact of the large student and dependants influx.

The government has indicated that it will work with selected universities such as the Russell Group to devise policies that will enable them attract the brightest and best international students, but for most their gravy train has slowed down/ended, and they will just have to adjust - the same way many companies are struggling in the current high interest/mini recession macro environment and are having to make adjustments, cut backs etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13
jedisco:

Hehe... still early days. Would be one to watch and see where we get equilibrium. Couple of things to note is that the policy is only just coming into play and Russell group universities are already being affected also the drop in numbers already exceeds projections.

Just like Brexit and Care, there are always aftereffects. The good part is that a modest rise in local fees would offset this for the meantime. I wonder if the government/locals pick up the bill of this decision or pass it on.

So, you really think locals who take loans just to pay £9500 will now pay £15k/ year? or Nursing fees of like £20K/ year x3 ?

grin

Asides that, they would have to provide alternative means of generating income for areas in the UK bolstered by the student population. I have always wondered what places like Sheffield, Middlesbrough, Leicester Bradford, Stoke on Trent etc would look like without the student population.

Even with the student population, they are still very dead, dry places

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:02pm On Jan 13
Zahra29:

The government has indicated that it will work with selected universities such as the Russell Group to devise policies that will enable them attract the brightest and best international students, but for most their gravy train has slowed down/ended, and they will just have to adjust - the same way many companies are struggling in the current high interest/mini recession macro environment and are having to make adjustments, cut backs etc

I will like to see the outcome of these cutbacks because as it stands, the way schools even squeeze the necks of students for their fees these days ehn

grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13
Hi everyone,
I want to air my thoughts here regarding internet laws in the UK. Back in Nigeria, you can access any website and download or stream or make use of any App on app stores. However, I know there are some restrictions but it seems hard for me to know the red line here in the UK especially with downloading free movies on websites. Also, since I am not sure of things to not do, I was thinking of installing a VPN app to be on a safe side. But then, I thought could VPN be an issue as well in the UK. I thought that the best is to seek for others view on this internet lifestyle in the UK.
I am few months into the UK and trying to be careful of my actions.
Thanks for your anticipated responses

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 2:30pm On Jan 13
hustla:

I will like to see the outcome of these cutbacks because as it stands, the way schools even squeeze the necks of students for their fees these days ehn

grin

Some will need to downsize, perhaps consider which courses (commonly regarded as Mickey mouse or filler courses) can be removed or descoped, what courses can be taught online, think of more innovative ways to bring in revenue e.g. actively engaging their alumni, company donations/investments, research grants etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 2:30pm On Jan 13
@ missjekyll, what's Labours plans on war spending? Will they spend millions protecting the red sea rather than give that to the less well-off or the NHS?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:46pm On Jan 13
hustla:

So, you really think locals who take loans just to pay £9500 will now pay £15k/ year? or Nursing fees of like £20K/ year x3 ?

grin

Asides that, they would have to provide alternative means of generating income for areas in the UK bolstered by the student population. I have always wondered what places like Sheffield, Middlesbrough, Leicester Bradford, Stoke on Trent etc would look like without the student population.

So Na student money dey fund Uk economy for over 100 years ? Dey play. They will move on with or without you guys.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:59pm On Jan 13
One of the strategies to adapt is increasing domestic school fees by 10-15%. I hope that comes into effect. 😁

Zahra29:

Thank you Uncle Lexus....it became clear that many universities have been selling immigration for the last few years to "key countries" (in their own words) like Nigeria and India.
They enjoyed the bumper profits but did little/nothing to offset the resultant impact of the large student and dependants influx.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:00pm On Jan 13
RCN and NHS grants to the rescue 🏃‍♀️😬

hustla:

grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:02pm On Jan 13
Me thinks it might make them relax their debt timelines a bit. A case of not throwing the eggs you already secured into the trash since no new farm eggs are currently coming 🫢

hustla:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:04pm On Jan 13
If education is truly a cover for mass migration (which is true) , which immigrant will opt to pay 16k or even 10k pounds for an online course ? 🤣
Zahra29:

Some will need to downsize, perhaps consider which courses (commonly regarded as Mickey mouse or filler courses) can be removed or descoped, what courses can be taught online, think of more innovative ways to bring in revenue e.g. actively engaging their alumni, company donations/investments, research grants etc

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:27pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
Me thinks it might make them relax their debt timelines a bit. A case of not throwing the eggs you already secured into the trash since no new farm eggs are currently coming 🫢

They are doing the exact opposite of that

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ezixt, Lexusgs430, Borrow222 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.