Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (482107 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Soraco57(m): 11:10am On Feb 21
Good morning, please I have have used my 6 months visa and have 2 years current valid UK visa and also a resident in an EU country, I have a fiancé in the UK on skilled visa who has travelled to UK since last April now I want to join her, how can I go to UK to join her as dependent, we are not married yet and am single , we have seen many times when I visited UK , can I get married to her in the UK or can I get married to her in Lithuania, or which way is the best as I don’t want to go Nigeria to get married for now to save costs, all information is welcomed, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by descarado: 11:12am On Feb 21
Lexusgs430:

Your teeth don dey weak ........ Abi you dey wear dentures.........😭😂🤣

The goat we dey buy for my area, e get bone & tastes like Baba sani's pets.......🔪🐐🐐 (Farm slaughtered)...
I thought you will give me better solution.
I dey wear dentures o cheesy
Old age don come. The bones are annoyingly annoying.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:14pm On Feb 21
Dude,just give it up. You will not be left until you tender a heartfelt apology to the OP. None of this "dont think too much of it" rubbish. You should have read through to learn how we address one another even in the heat of the argument .

We want to see a "My sincere apologies. I was being silly and wont do that again".

Otherwise ,just leave this thread for the polite inhabitants. My people,no be so? or am I being mean?

SavageResponse:

Did I say anywhere that I live in the UK or that I have plans to relocate there?

I have never written IELTS in my life and I have no plans of doing so, I only visit Europe and return to Nigeria

Anytime you see me in Europe or America on a permanent basis just know that Nigeria is already on fire (But we all know that's not gonna happen) grin

31 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:16pm On Feb 21
https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/from-outside-the-uk-or-ireland

There you go

Soraco57:
Good morning, please I have have used my 6 months visa and have 2 years current valid UK visa and also a resident in an EU country, I have a fiancé in the UK on skilled visa who has travelled to UK since last April now I want to join her, how can I go to UK to join her as dependent, we are not married yet and am single , we have seen many times when I visited UK , can I get married to her in the UK or can I get married to her in Lithuania, or which way is the best as I don’t want to go Nigeria to get married for now to save costs, all information is welcomed, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 2:28pm On Feb 21
can i invite my mom from Nigeria for a 2-4weeks visit. i am current on a tier 2 visa.
Has anyone here invite family from Nigeria with tier 2 status.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AltCtrlDel: 2:44pm On Feb 21
SavageResponse:

I'm sure you know it's a typographical error grin

All the same I would rather have a typographical error than write "Borrow me 5K instead" of "Lend me 5K" or "I would like to borrow 5K from you".

I'd prefer if you could BORROW some common sense and move back to Romance section.

The yoruba adage goes; ''a child being fed never understands the meaning of famine''.

If you took the time to consider spending N950 on a pack of spaghetti and N300 on an egg to keep your body and soul together, you wouldn't be here spewing rubbish.

People return here daily after a long day's work, seeking valuable information to improve their lives. Yet individuals like you come here solely to elongate threads unnecessarily.

Come on, kiddo, go do something meaningful with your life.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AltCtrlDel: 2:51pm On Feb 21
missjekyll:
Dude,just give it up. You will not be left until you tender a heartfelt apology to the OP. None of this "dont think too much of it" rubbish. You should have read through to learn how we address one another even in the heat of the argument .

We want to see a "My sincere apologies. I was being silly and wont do that again".

Otherwise ,just leave this thread for the polite inhabitants. My people,no be so? or am I being mean?

No ma'am you were too polite. Clowns like SavageResponse don't deserve being treated with politeness and respect!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 4:50pm On Feb 21
Was this how Zimbabweans felt it in those days in 2008?

You log in to transfer 20£ to your aburo. It’s 40,000 naira.

Between the time it takes your phone to refresh, the same £20 has now become 46,500 naira.

That is an ‘increase’ of 6,500 in a few minutes…

E be like say Tinubu & Cardoso dey carry us go where we no know.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21
ReesheesuKnack:

Between the time it takes your phone to refresh, the same £20 has now become 46,500 naira.

Yes and i hope we are not heading that way, we exprienced this in Zimbabwea. it was cheaper to use the Zim dollar as tissue rather than buying one with the money because you will need a bucket loads of it.

Price changes as you shop, we have to travel to SA for shopping as there is nothing in the shops in Zim.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21
"we just need his brain, not his body"

"sadeasterners"

putting tribe and sentiments before common sense

ReesheesuKnack:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dotman23(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21
Please a friend needs a childminder in Woolwich area..for about 3hrs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 7:09pm On Feb 21
Viruses:
Can a Tier 2 (skilled worker) visa holder register a business in UK?

Not really because you’re limited as to how many hours you can work on a second job. The second job sef should be in the same sector you’re sponsored in. This link explains more https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/second-job

Can the dependant of a Tier 2 visa holder register a business in UK?
[b] Yes & Yes. Free to fire from all cylinders.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 8:06pm On Feb 21
ReesheesuKnack:

Gosh this is terrible.
Everyday,I feel like lamenting on the streets. What are we going to do?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 8:14pm On Feb 21
SavageResponse:

I used the word "Tautology" for want of a better word to convey the import of what I said, not because I do not know the meaning of the word

It pisses me off when Nigerians use sentences such as "Borrow me your book" instead of "Lend me your book" or "Am going to the supermarket" instead of "I'm going to the supermarket"

It is true that we are not native speakers of the English language but if you have lived long enough among native speakers of English I expect to see some improvemen

@ToshoTosin my post was not meant to diss you so please don't think too much of it smiley

The bolded proves that you haven’t lived in the UK or amongst so called native speakers. The most common phrase here is ‘You was’, even TV presenters say that on a daily basis and no one bats an eyelid. The most important question is, are they communicating? Does everyone understand the point they are trying to put across.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21
claremont:
Best time to build a house in Nigeria is now.
The best time to have nothing to do with Naira or investment in Naira is now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 8:31pm On Feb 21
Peerielass:

The bolded proves that you haven’t lived in the UK or amongst so called native speakers. The most common phrase here is ‘You was’, even TV presenters say that on a daily basis and no one bats an eyelid. The most important question is, are they communicating? Does everyone understand the point they are trying to put across.

Abeg if na that one, just leave those oyinbos. Many of them nor sabi anything.

Many are always surprised when they hear you have a university degree, they feel intimidated immediately. Especially warehouse and healthcare support workers colleagues.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 9:15pm On Feb 21
eyesaswide:

I have someone facing something similar to this.
He has gotten a full license but have failed to update the insurance company, now there is a claim, company is speaking oyibo, owner of the other car is on his neck to repair. Wahala too much, he no know wetin to do

Wisdom is profitable i learnt in this country, the fact that someone got away with an action doesn’t mean the action should be Norms.
When I passed my Driving test first week of February, I was reluctant to inform my Insurance company, but story I read about the “4,350” made me to call my insurance immediately to inform them
about my change in circumstances.
To my surprise 😀, nothing change . No additional fee, no administrative charge , no increase in insurance premium.

Thanks God I am using Toyota Yaris( Insurance sweet and running cost make sense)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 9:17pm On Feb 21
BouharryArtikou:

Is ai express different from Temu? Please?
No oooo

Ali na Ali
Temu na Temu

Them no meet each other for cloud , it different definitely
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cincolaze(f): 11:25pm On Feb 21
Good evening everyone, just for clarification purposes please, myself and my husband are currently on the a student/dependant visa. My husband got a care Cos and we are in the process of switching his visa, my question is if he is unable to switch before March 11, would I still be covered with this Cos or not? Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:46pm On Feb 21
Further Leave to Remain, FLR. UK and plenty terminologies
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:21am On Feb 22
cincolaze:
Good evening everyone, just for clarification purposes please, myself and my husband are currently on the a student/dependant visa. My husband got a care Cos and we are in the process of switching his visa, my question is if he is unable to switch before March 11, would I still be covered with this Cos or not? Thank you.

You will be covered if he has put in a valid application as the application will be decided on the old rules.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:29am On Feb 22
Efftyy:

Wisdom is profitable i learnt in this country, the fact that someone got away with an action doesn’t mean the action should be Norms.
When I passed my Driving test first week of February, I was reluctant to inform my Insurance company, but story I read about the “4,350” made me to call my insurance immediately to inform them
about my change in circumstances.
To my surprise 😀, nothing change . No additional fee, no administrative charge , no increase in insurance premium.

Thanks God I am using Toyota Yaris( Insurance sweet and running cost make sense)

Those who have ears...... May they hear.... Those with eyes, may they read ........ 😂

The cost of disobedience, would outweigh the supposed savings......😜

My people would say, igborun o sun ju eboriru.......😭🤑

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 9:30am On Feb 22
Peerielass:

How many times will I tell you guys that I don't live in the UK, have never lived in the UK and have no desire to live in the UK or any part of Europe or America for that matter...I prefer to just pop in and out of Europe when business or pleasure takes me there!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 9:54am On Feb 22
AltCtrlDel:

I'd prefer if you could BORROW some common sense and move back to Romance section.

The yoruba adage goes; ''a child being fed never understands the meaning of famine''.

If you took the time to consider spending N950 on a pack of spaghetti and N300 on an egg to keep your body and soul together, you wouldn't be here spewing rubbish.

People return here daily after a long day's work, seeking valuable information to improve their lives. Yet individuals like you come here solely to elongate threads unnecessarily.

Come on, kiddo, go do something meaningful with your life.

My bad, I only just realised I strayed into the thread for economic migrants (UK Branch) grin

While we're at it I hope you guys remember to visit Nigeria occasionally so you can get some natural Vitamin D from the sun and eat real Nigerian delicacies such as...
suya,
efo riro,
ofe onugbu,
amala ati ewedu
nkwobi,
gbegiri
ofe nsala garnished with mangala fish
point and kill,
bush meat
African salad
akara
moin-moin
masa
akamu
okpa with a bottle of Coke
ewa agoyin ati Agege bread

I know some of you are already salivating grin

Too bad, continue eating your chicken and chips, burger, spaghetti with sauce that does not contain pepper and the rest of the tasteless oyinbo food tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:54am On Feb 22
SavageResponse:

How many times will I tell you guys that I don't live in the UK, have never lived in the UK and have no desire to live in the UK or any part of Europe or America for that matter...I prefer to just pop in and out of Europe when business or pleasure takes me there!

You go explain tire when in actuality, nobody gives a sh*t as you're just another troll

Continue

grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 10:26am On Feb 22
SavageResponse:

My bad, I only just realised I strayed into the thread for economic migrants (UK Branch) grin

While we're at it I hope you guys remember to visit Nigeria occasionally so you can get some natural Vitamin D from the sun and eat real Nigerian delicacies such as...
suya,
efo riro,
ofe onugbu,
amala ati ewedu
nkwobi,
gbegiri
point and kill,
bush meat
African salad
akara
moin-moin
masa
akamu

Too bad, continue eating your chicken and chips, burger, spaghetti with sauce that does not contain pepper and the rest of the tasteless oyinbo food tongue
Lol, you visit occasionally, yet you don’t know that these things are accessible here?? You should move to other threads within your IQ bracket abeg.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 10:28am On Feb 22
OmichaelO:
Ah bos, thank you for saying this,

driving was a bit challenging o, I won't even lie, due to curvy mountains and going round it. maybe because we went at peak of shorter day longer night. but you cant go 1 mile on some certain roads without bends.

but there was enough barricade and nets sef for falling rocks.

Okay bro, we go stick to taking the bus, just to avoid stories that touch. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 10:35am On Feb 22
SavageResponse:

Bro, you're not popping in and out of anywhere if you're spending hours every day searching for minor grammar errors so you can give nonsensical lessons on Nairaland to people whose messages have been passed and received clearly by the people they were talking to.

You're most likely a jobless fellow just desperate for attention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 10:45am On Feb 22
SavageResponse:

suya,
efo riro,
ofe onugbu,
amala ati ewedu
nkwobi,
gbegiri
point and kill,
bush meat
African salad
akara
moin-moin
masa
akamu

Odenson, everything is here mate. I even had akara yesterday. Today I'm having moinmoin and akamu. You just go to Angel bakeries around 11am, their fresh out of oven agege bread would have been ready. To complement it, they sell ewa agoyin. You won't get home before you finish it. This idea that those living in UK are missing naija food is just stupid. It's obvious you know fuckall.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:07am On Feb 22
Lexusgs430:

Those who have ears...... May they hear.... Those with eyes, may they read ........ 😂

Igborun or ìgbárùn?? undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 11:10am On Feb 22
Hi everyone,

Someone mentioned using insurance brokers to get a good deal on car insurance several weeks back....
How does it work? Any recommendations pls?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 11:12am On Feb 22
Lexusgs430:

Baba, how do I reach you please. It's very important.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (549) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: UnconventionalT, Mentholated, ismailtaiwo2000, Lexusgs430, AKALAMAGBO, Bourne007(m), Ugochinyere1(f), Jamesclooney, Ahappygirl, Zahra29 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.