Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,848 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459546 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 11:49am On Feb 26
We need to learn when to stop back and forth with people who refuse to use facts not emotions..

She has refused to get knowledge about this.. refused to watch the start of this.. even when it is documented and covered by reputable media and new outlets.. refused to have the full context ..

The fact she is making excuses for a terrorist is enough reason to just Pause on the conversation..

We can as well pardon all the teenage murderers cos they're "kids".. free them up and let them run the streets

This is who she is making excuses for

ReesheesuKnack:

There she goes… again.
Pulling the race card in support of a little terrorist. You have since learned… hearsay!

Who else (on this thread) has noticed MissJekyll’s loud silence about the crime, and RACE of the 15 year old killers of Brianna Ghey?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 11:51am On Feb 26
Please guys, I am making good plans for a small car. I have narrowed down to Volkswagen and Toyota brands of smallies. Please how do I get a very cheap insurance?

NB: I intend using my Nigeria license for now.

I will greatly appreciate your kind input 🙏🏾

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26
ehizario2012:

E be like your bolt don loose.

Is that all?

undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 12:20pm On Feb 26
profemebee:
We need to learn when to stop back and forth with people who refuse to use facts not emotions..

She has refused to get knowledge about this.. refused to watch the start of this.. even when it is documented and covered by reputable media and new outlets.. refused to have the full context ..

The fact she is making excuses for a terrorist is enough reason to just Pause on the conversation..

We can as well pardon all the teenage murderers cos they're "kids".. free them up and let them run the streets

Exactly..

I saw it was a waste of time and decided to disengage.

Imagine dismissing the allegations against her with regarding to actively participating in ISIS activities because it was on The Telegraph. I did a quick search and found the same reports in a wide range of publications including The Times and several other non-right wing ones.

As my mum used to say: you cannot wake someone who is merely pretending to sleep.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26
Peerielass:

Sorry to digress, are you 100% sure that the person is not under 16 years old? Without an id, there’s no way to prove his age. The kids here look a lot more mature than their age. My 12 yr old daughter looks about 15.

I was also on the train recently from Glasgow to Inverness and these two 13 yrs olds were made to purchase adult tickets costing nearly £100 by the ticketing officer on the train. They told the woman several times that they were kids but she wouldn’t budge. Later, I overheard them complaining to their mum on the phone. They also complained to the next ticketing officer that came onboard the train, and he advised them to apply for a refund online with copies of their tickets and id. Most times when it comes to age, people don’t always get it right.

Boss I work in the industry and I know time to challenge passengers that is over 15yrs.
15yrs old passenger are not allowed to travel on air by themselves.
This passenger sef is over 25yrs.
If a passenger wey arrived internationally either by air or rail, he or she sha go cari passport join body.
If you dey London then you go know how majority of people play the game.
Lastly travelling by rail, you are only a child if you are less than 16yrs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:46pm On Feb 26
hi everyone has anyone got Pmva training/mental health training contact in London 🙏🏿
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:25pm On Feb 26
kumbhuru:

I wish I could report you to your place of work

@Justwise.

I can see you hid my post/response to this thing.

I am not complaining about you hiding my post, it's at your discretion as moderator. But why leave this vile post and delete mine?

I'll really appreciate your point of view, however brief.

The elements have been tasked to engage the poster though.

Regards.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26
ehizario2012:

@Justwise.

I am not complaining about you hiding my post, it's at your discretion as moderator. But why leave this vile post and delete mine?

Regards.

ehizario2012:

@Justwise.

Regards.

ehizario2012:

I acknowledge you boss, regards.

E be like e wan wash cloth for morning, spread am but never return to pack am inside. Anybody wey wan block another man food deserve to be attacked like an inedible snake.

I go respond to that thing when I settle, I dey read for my certification first now...

ehizario2012:

I am still thinking of the most painful, demeaning and difficult word I would use to describe you... You would hear from me when I get it. How can I even classify you as human now?? The ability to type doesn't mean you're human, robots can type these days.

If you belong to that group of people, that's your business!!! And keep it up, there was once Sodom!!!

A child that says he'll be eating tolotolo head when he grows up would never get to the age where he'll eat tolotolo head!

I am still coming back for you. Okay??

You see why your posts were hidden? lets treat each other with a bit of respect here. The name calling is uncalled for

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:06pm On Feb 26
lavida001:
hi everyone has anyone got Pmva training/mental health training contact in London 🙏🏿

https://www.trained-up.co.uk/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:49pm On Feb 26
justwise:

My chief, I'll rest it here. You're the boss.

But you'll agree with me that on a norms, anybody trying to stop another person's source of income is definitely an enemy and should be treated without any drop of sympathy.

S/he started all these, not me. I leave all in the hands of the elements now, the results would show sooner or later.

You see why your posts were hidden? lets treat each other with a bit of respect here. The name calling is uncalled for
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jbloc: 5:55pm On Feb 26
Air Peace

kumbhuru:
What's the best flight to take to UK?
In terms of price and no to little issue?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:30pm On Feb 26
wonlasewonimi:

If you dont use a third party, you'd probably be in scope of PCIDSS if your app is handling card holder info.

I don't plan to handle card info...I plan to load the payment page of the provider and get feedback via hook.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:34pm On Feb 26
Lexusgs430:

Sums it all up...... 🤣
Sometimes when I hear how much some of these companies we admire are owing I'm baffeled.

Imagine say bank dey own credit 😀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:47pm On Feb 26
Viruses:

Sometimes when I hear how much some of these companies we admire are owing I'm baffeled.

Because debt is cheaper (long-term) than equity to fund expansion.

Same reason why every major capital project is funded by debt. E.g Dangote refinery or any other major infrastructure project.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:52pm On Feb 26
Viruses:

Debt is a good thing....... But not the way Nigeria is borrowing (abi nah lending)........🤣🤑😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:59pm On Feb 26
Jbloc:
Air Peace

How so quick...... When we don't even have their price structure yet ........😁🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 7:32pm On Feb 26
Good evening house.
I work in a company where my role covers EMEA. I have just been told to prepare to visit Switzerland, Germany, Sweeden, Finland , Czech Republic.etc

My ASK. Please does my BRP allow me to go to these countries or I need to apply for Visa.

Secondly, does anyone have any useful information regarding the cost and any other info that may be of help.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26
Fyne Anita

Available on all streaming platforms.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nineville(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26
If you are planning UK property acquisition, pls do not reckon LEASEHOLD.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68396525

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 8:12pm On Feb 26
elengine:
Good evening house.
I work in a company where my role covers EMEA. I have just been told to prepare to visit Switzerland, Germany, Sweeden, Finland , Czech Republic.etc

My ASK. Please does my BRP allow me to go to these countries or I need to apply for Visa.

Secondly, does anyone have any useful information regarding the cost and any other info that may be of help.

Thanks
You will need a visa. As for the cost, ideally, your company should pay for it and they should have a travel booking portal, except if you are contracting.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 8:18pm On Feb 26
profemebee:

Read the press release from the justices themselves in which they set out the judgment in laymans terms .
These are the facts of the case as they stand now.
Read everything, understand everything then if you have any further questions mention me.

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/shamima-begum-v-secretary-of-state-for-the-home-department/

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26
You will need a visa. Ask your line manager to put you through.
elengine:
Good evening house.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SheeldaKulikuli(f): 10:43pm On Feb 26
Good evening house,

I've recently finished my masters at Swansea University, and I am stuck with a rental lease, because my course ended in January, and the lease ends in August. I have been trying to find someone to take over so I can move to another city to find better job opportunities. Please help a sister spread the word or share with your contacts or anyone who is looking for accommodation in Swansea.

See details:
- St. David's Student Roost is a student accommodation with laundry facilities, game rooms, a movie room, 24-hour reception service, a study room, and a garden area.
- The room is an Ensuite double room with a bathroom, great storage space, and a shared kitchen. This is a 6 flat cluster with only 3 other people in it. The room is on the ground floor, beautiful view, room, and window are not close to noisy areas.
- There are bus stops right outside that go to Singleton and Bay Campus. A 5-minute walk to Parc Tawe, where shops, restaurants, an arcade, and a cinema is a 10-minute walk to the train station and a 15-minute walk to the city center. River Tawe runs behind the building, with a beautiful view and a nice sitting area.
- The payment plan:
April: £664.29
May: £686.43
June: £664.29
July and August: £1,195.71

Undergrad, Masters, and PhD students live here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 11:06pm On Feb 26
Phenmeson:

Boss I work in the industry and I know time to challenge passengers that is over 15yrs.
15yrs old passenger are not allowed to travel on air by themselves.
This passenger sef is over 25yrs.
If a passenger wey arrived internationally either by air or rail, he or she sha go cari passport join body.
If you dey London then you go know how majority of people play the game.
Lastly travelling by rail, you are only a child if you are less than 16yrs.

Minors can travel by air unaccompanied please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 11:33pm On Feb 26
Taal17:

Minors can travel by air unaccompanied please

How many airlines allow minor to travel on their own if less than 16yrs?
Here is a proof for you .
The few airline who allow minor of under 16 to travel on their own will definitely make the guardian/parent to receive the minor at the arrival Airport. The airline staff will definitely follow the minor through security point. At exit point, paperwork/proof of identity of parent/guardian will be check.
At this point, it still means d minor is with his guardian/parent.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:25am On Feb 27
SheeldaKulikuli:
Good evening house,

I've recently finished my masters at Swansea University, and I am stuck with a rental lease, because my course ended in January, and the lease ends in August. I have been trying to find someone to take over so I can move to another city to find better job opportunities. Please help a sister spread the word or share with your contacts or anyone who is looking for accommodation in Swansea.

See details:
- St. David's Student Roost is a student accommodation with laundry facilities, game rooms, a movie room, 24-hour reception service, a study room, and a garden area.
- The room is an Ensuite double room with a bathroom, great storage space, and a shared kitchen. This is a 6 flat cluster with only 3 other people in it. The room is on the ground floor, beautiful view, room, and window are not close to noisy areas.
- There are bus stops right outside that go to Singleton and Bay Campus. A 5-minute walk to Parc Tawe, where shops, restaurants, an arcade, and a cinema is a 10-minute walk to the train station and a 15-minute walk to the city center. River Tawe runs behind the building, with a beautiful view and a nice sitting area.
- The payment plan:
April: £664.29
May: £686.43
June: £664.29
July and August: £1,195.71

Undergrad, Masters, and PhD students live here.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ....... You don't actually have a rental agreement, but a license......

I don't think you have the permission to sublet that accomodation.......

Read your terms and conditions properly...... Have you spoken to your licence holder(s), about this predicament........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:12am On Feb 27
Quick read...... Learn to mind your business........ 🤣😜

The hunter, got hunted....... 🤣

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/cycling-london-helmet-camera-mobile-phone-driver-dave-clifton-b1141159.html

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Favor99(m): 7:05am On Feb 27
Gerrard59:

In the initial post, I didn't see where it was stated that the lad is biracial. If biracial, then the case is different. Most times, biracial folks marry a member of the dominant race, not the minority race.

As for your first statement, I cannot say as there is no data. But I have watched a video on Twitter where a black lad in France with his white girlfriend was yelling at another black lady (obviously a new migrant) to "go back to her country". The white girl looked surprised when she heard that statement. grin

Na only African Americans I fit "understand" that statement from. Everyone else went to the developed world WILLINGLY.
Ok, I thought the other guy that had said he was biracial. But yes it’s messed up. Unfortunately too many of our people are stubborn.

lol, the guy didn’t realize that when he puts down a fellow African, people like his girlfriend are watching and now know how to treat us. Even in Rwanda in 1994, not only did the rest of the world shut them out, but the whole continent ignored them to.

The world is used to us not caring about ourselves, so why should they. I’m not excusing racist and prejudice against us, it’s just that we make it worse just like that African guy in France, when we can easily make it better.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 12:18pm On Feb 27
please for those that just renew their Nigerian passport recently ,what is now the new time frame to book an appointment , get the Biometric capturing done and getting the passport finally .

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: gmacnoms(m), Lexusgs430, willyede(m), Parydelegate, kingdred, Ugochinyere1(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.