Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459650 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 11:28am On Mar 07

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:40am On Mar 07
As I have said before, you will never be entitled to any public fund even as a British citizen, so far you are working hard. It will get worse.

The amount I pay in tax and Ni alone every month is enormous (way more than 3 times yearly IHS)).

I am not entitled to child benefit, free child care, nothing!!!

Recently, we paid close to £40k for a second home stamp duty tax because we are yet to sell our first house. This is just tax o, not deposit.

The system will keep collecting. So, if you are expecting access to public fund, you better start reconsidering.

lavida001:

Nigerian government that is not able to cater for his citizen is the one you are in support for camping and feeding other country.

Also how much is visa fee for Americans compare to what we pay here.

All i'm saying his we should be entitle to public funds. Maybe not during 1 year of study but as soon as you on graduate visa you should have the right.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 11:42am On Mar 07
facts!!!!!

but wait ooo..did you mean 40k or 4k ? abeg check what you typed again.. lol

lmaoooo.. 40

dupyshoo:
As I have said before, you will never be entitled to any public fund even as a British citizen, so far you are working hard. It will get worse.

The amount I pay in tax and Ni alone every month is enormous (way more than 3 times yearly IHS)).

Recently, we paid close to £40k for a second home stamp duty tax because we are yet to sell our first house.
The system will keep collecting. So, if you are expecting access to public fund, you better start reconsidering.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:44am On Mar 07
I meant what I typed. Almost 40k stamp duty.
profemebee:
facts!!!!!

but wait ooo..did you mean 40k or 4k ? abeg check what you typed again.. lol

lmaoooo.. 40

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 11:45am On Mar 07
lmaooooooooooo

that's tough

dupyshoo:
I meant what I typed. Almost 40k stamp duty.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:57am On Mar 07
profemebee:
they take from everyone one of us .... but we knew the system and pain even before leaving Nigeria

Entitlement is entitlement....

you don't buy coke and complain it is coke you tasted in the bottle.... was it going to be sprite?

Also, i don't think this is true in all honesty... it will always be relative

In America for example, you're one illness away from huge debt... i'm not talking small debt.. huge debt

Every country with its pros and cons....

True smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:29pm On Mar 07
dupyshoo:

Recently, we paid close to £40k for a second home stamp duty tax because we are yet to sell our first house. This is just tax o, not deposit.

George Osborne, trying to discourage second home ownership.......

Wealth MUST trickle down ........🤣😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 3:17pm On Mar 07
Guys good afternoon
I plan to go for vacation from uk to any 2-4 shegen countries.
Which one will easily give me visa
That i will see date on time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Farilight: 5:25pm On Mar 07
Alright. Thank you
Samguine:

Simple. Go to the TLS website, select the location (London, Manchester or Edinburg), then select the kind of visa you want—different needs for different visa types.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 5:40pm On Mar 07
I want to book train tickets for someone coming in from Nigeria, Heathrow to Southend. How can the person get the ticket?

There is no option of eTicket or in-app ticket in that route.
I paid using paypal so we can actually print from any card.

Is printing the ticket myself, scanning to the person and have the person print it on A4 paper to bring from Nigeria and use it on that day the only option? Can he beg someone to print it for him on that day if he just provide the booking reference?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:18pm On Mar 07
dupyshoo:

Just because it's how the system is designed doesn't make it right. It is what it is anyways.

Whoever has hands in why Naija is backward na thunder go fire dem and their family.

RevolutionNow

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:19pm On Mar 07
profemebee:
lmaooooooooooo

that's tough

E don clear for your eyes abi?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samguine: 7:04pm On Mar 07
eniola1010:
Guys good afternoon
I plan to go for vacation from uk to any 2-4 shegen countries.
Which one will easily give me visa
That i will see date on time

I applied through Germany two weeks ago. Tourist for 3 days. Got multiple entries, 3 months. You can try them. Avoid France (too many applications due to Olympics in the summer and Italy (historically difficult to get).

For interview date, it will be hard to get generally. I used a bot and got a date within 5 hours. However, it was prority and it cost me an extra 90 pounds or so.

Good luck!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:21pm On Mar 07
Samguine:

I applied through Germany two weeks ago. Tourist for 3 days. Got multiple entries, 3 months. You can try them. Avoid France (too many applications due to Olympics in the summer and Italy (historically difficult to get).

For interview date, it will be hard to get generally. I used a bot and got a date within 5 hours. However, it was prority and it cost me an extra 90 pounds or so.

Good luck!

Which bot please?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 7:35pm On Mar 07
Elders in the house,
I don tire to do these civil service interviews. So far more than 6 done ( I got on 2 reserve lists for EO and HEO roles).

What exactly do they really want? How can I secure an offer? What should I do differently?

I speak quite well and confidently during interviews. I structure my answers to the behavioural and strength questions quite well.

I will appreciate any word of advice 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DigitalearningP: 7:40pm On Mar 07
HI GUYS,

IF YOU WANT TO ANY IMMIGRATION, VISA CLICK ON : https://workandstudyblog.com/

THANKS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 8:17pm On Mar 07
DigitalearningP:
HI GUYS,

IF YOU WANT TO ANY IMMIGRATION, VISA CLICK ON : https://workandstudyblog.com/

THANKS.

Justwise, shey you said you wanted visa to Nigeria, see your plug o.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07
yet again, you're missing the point..

tired of repeating myself

lavida001:

E don clear for your eyes abi?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 8:55pm On Mar 07
Goodenoch:

Which bot please?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ahjay: 9:02pm On Mar 07
Since its paid via paypal, the person can use any debit/credit card on the train ticketing machine at Heathrow, input the reference number and print out the tickets.
Did same for a friend recently & worked.
Viruses:
I want to book train tickets for someone coming in from Nigeria, Heathrow to Southend. How can the person get the ticket?

Is printing the ticket myself, scanning to the person and have the person print it on A4 paper to bring from Nigeria and use it on that day the only option? Can he beg someone to print it for him on that day if he just provide the booking reference?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07
profemebee:
they take from everyone one of us .... but we knew the system and pain even before leaving Nigeria

Entitlement is entitlement....

you don't buy coke and complain it is coke you tasted in the bottle.... was it going to be sprite?

Also, i don't think this is true in all honesty... it will always be relative

In America for example, you're one illness away from huge debt... i'm not talking small debt.. huge debt

Every country with its pros and cons....

Wait oooo, if you gey health insurance in America nko?
Mean the green card holder oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 9:36pm On Mar 07
lavida001:

Just because it's how the system is designed doesn't make it right. It is what it is anyways.

Whoever has hands in why Naija is backward na thunder go fire dem and their family.

RevolutionNow

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:11pm On Mar 07
jagbasneh:

Wait oooo, if you gey health insurance in America nko?
Mean the green card holder oo

Even with Yankee health insurance, some insurance companies would place claim limitations........

Green card holder or not......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 10:25pm On Mar 07
Samguine:

Good luck!

I honestly dont mind the 90 quids.
Please i fit dm for the name of the bot

Also, not to sound naive, would i have to tell them i need multiple entry or provided the fact i have gotten the german visa i can comfortable go to any shengen state? Or do i have to declare at the german application that i also plan on visiting other shengen states
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samguine: 10:55pm On Mar 07
Goodenoch:

Which bot please?

https://visabot.eu/uk

You pay a fee, and then send you available times for an interview. You have about 15 - 20 mins to book.

21 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:56pm On Mar 07
If you have a tymit credit card...... They are now introducing an £84 per annum charge......

Cancellation on the cards for me........ 😜😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samguine: 11:13pm On Mar 07
eniola1010:

I honestly dont mind the 90 quids.
Please i fit dm for the name of the bot

Also, not to sound naive, would i have to tell them i need multiple entry or provided the fact i have gotten the german visa i can comfortable go to any shengen state? Or do i have to declare at the german application that i also plan on visiting other shengen states

Bot - https://visabot.eu/uk

When applying, you'll fill out a form, called Videx. On that form, they'll ask which country you are entering first, which other countries you intend to visit, and the number of entries you want (single, twice, multiple). As I was applying for the first time, I selected Germany only, tourist, 3 days, single visit to increase my chances of getting it. However, just because you pick multiple does not mean you'll get it. How many entries you get is solely at the discretion of the embassy.

And if you are applying for a visa to travel to multiple countries in the Schengen area, it is advisable to apply at the embassy of the country you are entering first or you are spending the longest time.

When you get the visa, you can travel to as many Schengen countries as you want within the validity of that visa.

23 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 1:09am On Mar 08
Viruses:

Use National rail app or trainline app
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 1:35am On Mar 08
cbn4main:
Elders in the house,
I don tire to do these civil service interviews. So far more than 6 done ( I got on 2 reserve lists for EO and HEO roles).

What exactly do they really want? How can I secure an offer? What should I do differently?

I speak quite well and confidently during interviews. I structure my answers to the behavioural and strength questions quite well.

I will appreciate any word of advice 🙏

Lots of factors, maybe someone within the team with Lower grade was also interviewed, that’s just one, can’t continue to list them out, also lots of candidates jostling for one position, etc just continue and never get tired at least you are getting interviews (more chance), some aren’t getting any.

Being placed on the reserve list means you are worth giving the job, continue and soon you will be back here to share success story.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 1:51am On Mar 08
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 4:31am On Mar 08
dupyshoo:

A nurse today said she has contributed 30k tax and NI yet she is not entitled to pub funds.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 4:33am On Mar 08
Gerrard59:

In the future, countries will have to make do with whatever population they have as the need to constantly increase the population isn't sustainable as birth rates plunge across countries of varying development levels. Apart from Africa and South Asia, most countries have TFRs below 2.1.

True but that would also lead to a systematic change moreso with capitalism which no nation seems ready for.

Automation and tech has helped reduce the need for workers but ultimately, machines do not consume, and unlikely to fill certain roles.

Most western nations and corporations have repeatedly shown they'd choose immigration over low growth. This reality would slowly dawn on the populace in the coming decades.

The Japan stock market has hardly grown in 30yrs. Houses there today are cheaper than they were 30years ago. Their yearly population decline is rapidly increasing- was over 800,000 last year. They've had to literally force the nation to spend racking up high debts with the highest GDP to debt ratio (over 200%) among the developed world. They are now scampering, looking for humans. How many UK boomers would want to see same? How many genZ would want to work into their 70s?

For many nations, immigration is hardly a choice- its a necessity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Jomdavid, Mentholated, NewT123 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.