Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (462524 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:19am On Apr 10
lavida001:

Enough of this super stories before people start saying you are intimidating them πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Unfortunately in life, the person that can't see, would always envy people with sight..... A bilateral amputee, would wish they had complete limbs, a deputy governor, would always wish to be the governor......πŸ˜€

A nugget to one, might choke another ........ πŸ˜‚

The main purpose of this thread, is to learn from each other, i would rather pick up tips from another, than make my own mistakes etc etc etc .......😁😜

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 4:26am On Apr 10
lavida001:

I swear Lord Lugard knows what he saw before making that statement.

Your low self-esteem is pathetic.

So because of a fraud of less than 100k you're referencing Lord Lugard?

Search Google for the biggest frauds and see who's there. Few, if any at all, of the top cases have anything to do with Africa.

I just hope this is not how you live your life in reality - believing that Lord Lugard was right that something is innately wrong with you, because it would severely impact your horizons o.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NezzyMike: 5:34am On Apr 10
Lexusgs430:

Unfortunately in life, the person that can't see, would always envy people with sight..... A bilateral amputee, would wish they had complete limbs, a deputy governor, would always wish to be the governor......πŸ˜€

A nugget to one, might choke another ........ πŸ˜‚

The main purpose of this thread, is to learn from each other, i would rather pick up tips from another, than make my own mistakes etc etc etc .......😁😜

Congratulations...I swear to God, from how you respond, I thought you were under 30 on
this platform!
Onye nna de do like... bye kiss

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 6:42am On Apr 10
Congratulations

Lexusgs430:
I am so elated today....... My daughter just passed her practical driving test (1st attempt) ......... πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

My daddy taxi days are now over .......πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:32am On Apr 10
NezzyMike:

Congratulations...I swear to God, from how you respond, I thought you were under 30 on
this platform!
Onye nna de do like... bye kiss

.....Very young at heart β€οΈπŸ’œ......😁😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 7:46am On Apr 10
lavida001:

Enough of this super stories before people start saying you are intimidating them πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Reads to me like you are the one who’s intimidated because there’s nothing wrong with his advice or anything "super story" about it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:02am On Apr 10
I saw on their social media handle that they won't be open sha and advised all applicants to come the next business day after the holiday.

ReesheesuKnack:
Passport Renewal Biometrics (booked since December 2023.

Arrived at 7:27 this morning. For a 9:00 appointment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:12am On Apr 10
Congratulations ...nice one!

Lexusgs430:
I am so elated today....... My daughter just passed her practical driving test (1st attempt) ......... πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:41am On Apr 10
bigtt76:
Congratulations ...nice one!

Nagode.......πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LudaChriz(m): 9:00am On Apr 10
Pls is today/tomorrow a public holiday in UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 10:27am On Apr 10
LudaChriz:
Pls is today/tomorrow a public holiday in UK?

You don't go to work o, oyinbo go comot your money sharp sharp The k in UK is not katsina

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 10:48am On Apr 10
Aww, nice!! Congrats to her and daddy!!

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:34am On Apr 10
Goodenoch:

Your low self-esteem is pathetic.

So because of a fraud of less than 100k you're referencing Lord Lugard?

Search Google for the biggest frauds and see who's there. Few, if any at all, of the top cases have anything to do with Africa.

I just hope this is not how you live your life in reality - believing that Lord Lugard was right that something is innately wrong with you, because it would severely impact your horizons o.

Eid Mubarak bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:35am On Apr 10
kwakudtraveller:

Reads to me like you are the one who’s intimidated because there’s nothing wrong with his advice or anything "super story" about it.

Noted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 3:05pm On Apr 10
I need assistance regarding an issue with my internet service transfer to my new apartment with TalkTalk. While completing the house move form, I was offered an 18-month contract at Β£27 per month, from 10 April 2024 to 9 October 2025, with an annual price increase effective April 2025. I accepted this offer and retained a copy of the order and contract dated March 25, 2024.

Prior to my move, I was paying Β£33.50 per month as I was out of contract. Upon the activation of the service today, I checked my account online and was shocked to find that the contract price stated was Β£33 per month for 18 months, effective today. I downloaded a copy of the contract I found on the portal today and strangely, the date has changed to 1 Jan 1970 with Β£33 price.

I contacted TalkTalk Immediately, but the agent was defensive, insisting that the contract I signed was for Β£33 per month. Despite providing clear evidence of the agreed-upon Β£27 per month contract from March 25th, the agent refused to acknowledge the discrepancy. When I requested cancellation, I was informed that I must wait for 30 days, as the 14-day cooling-off period does not apply to new services.
This situation feels like daylight robbery to me, and I urgently seek your assistance in finding a resolution. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 3:27pm On Apr 10
Controlv:
I need assistance regarding an issue with my internet service transfer to my new apartment with TalkTalk. While completing the house move form, I was offered an 18-month contract at Β£27 per month, from 10 April 2024 to 9 October 2025, with an annual price increase effective April 2025. I accepted this offer and retained a copy of the order and contract dated March 25, 2024.

Prior to my move, I was paying Β£33.50 per month as I was out of contract. Upon the activation of the service today, I checked my account online and was shocked to find that the contract price stated was Β£33 per month for 18 months, effective today. I downloaded a copy of the contract I found on the portal today and strangely, the date has changed to 1 Jan 1970 with Β£33 price.

I contacted TalkTalk Immediately, but the agent was defensive, insisting that the contract I signed was for Β£33 per month. Despite providing clear evidence of the agreed-upon Β£27 per month contract from March 25th, the agent refused to acknowledge the discrepancy. When I requested cancellation, I was informed that I must wait for 30 days, as the 14-day cooling-off period does not apply to new services.
This situation feels like daylight robbery to me, and I urgently seek your assistance in finding a resolution. Thanks.

It's day light robbery. The cool off period is 14 days from when you sign the new deal should you wish to change your mind. Talktalk are dodgy anyways.
Request to speak with someone with common sense

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 4:57pm On Apr 10
wonlasewonimi:

It's day light robbery. The cool off period is 14 days from when you sign the new deal should you wish to change your mind. Talktalk are dodgy anyways.
Request to speak with someone with common sense

Truly Talk Talk is big fraud. The date on the fraudulent contract has just been updated to 10th April 2024 from 1 Jan 1970, and a copy sent to my email. Thankfully I have a copy of all the documents and will go any length to seek redress.

UPDATE:
I eventually got to speak to someone with common sense when I stopped being polite and started using strong words. Contract has now been amended to Β£27 per month for 18 month. I was offered 24 month in the first instance which I declined and insisted on the initial 18 month contract, the amendment fee was also waived.

Many thanks for your help.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 5:22pm On Apr 10
Big congratulations Oga Lexus.

Please I urgently need a driving instructor in Skipton available this weekend. You people should help me ooo.

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 7:40pm On Apr 10
Looking for someone to share a room with at Custom House E14, rent is between Β£800 - Β£950 as landlord has not finalised on this. Move-in date is July 1, send a DM if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:14pm On Apr 10
eniola1010:
pls guys i just have a question to ask

how can a band2 nurse assistant upgrade to a band3, is there exam to be written or what is the procedure.

also, what band do nhs sponsor when it comes to nurse assistant, some ppl say they do sponsor band3 while others say its only band4 upwards they sponsor?

Band 3 upward depending on trust, most health board sponsor band 3 in Scotland.

If you don’t get an answer here would advice you hook up with someone in band 3 or get in touch with people within your team or colleague or line manager, there should be a pathway

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nineville(m): 11:05pm On Apr 10
nineville:
Dear guys and erudite,

I am picking up my elderly parent at Manchester Airport soonest. I want to find out, please, any advice on the most cost-effective parking options available near the terminals and ways to minimise the parking time (besides live tracking of flight). The cheapest I could see online is an average of Β£12 per hour at T1/T2 multistorey carpark.
Furthermore, does the airport offer any services to help passengers with baggage collection and trolley pushing to the arrival gate, particularly elderly with mobility limitations?

Any driving situations or penalties to watch out for at the airport or en route? I appreciate any other help you might have. Thanks

Any assistance with this, please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Seynex01: 11:21pm On Apr 10
nineville:
Dear guys and erudite,

I am picking up my elderly parent at Manchester Airport soonest. I want to find out, please, any advice on the most cost-effective parking options available near the terminals and ways to minimise the parking time (besides live tracking of flight). The cheapest I could see online is an average of Β£12 per hour at T1/T2 multistorey carpark.
Furthermore, does the airport offer any services to help passengers with baggage collection and trolley pushing to the arrival gate, particularly elderly with mobility limitations?

Any driving situations or penalties to watch out for at the airport or en route? I appreciate any other help you might have. Thanks

You should have 1 hour free parking, if they can get support with their luggage, which I feel there will be help. Park somewhere close to the airport it could be 10-15 minutes drive to the airport (Wythenshawe) and leave onces they have passed immigration. You will be able to manage the 1 hour free parking.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:27pm On Apr 10
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deleson: 11:33pm On Apr 10
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nineville(m): 12:12am On Apr 11
Seynex01:

You should have 1 hour free parking, if they can get support with their luggage, which I feel there will be help. Park somewhere close to the airport it could be 10-15 minutes drive to the airport (Wythenshawe) and leave onces they have passed immigration. You will be able to manage the 1 hour free parking.

Thanks for your response πŸ™
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 12:21am On Apr 11
babajeje123:
Looking for someone to share a room with at Custom House E14, rent is between Β£800 - Β£950 as landlord has not finalised on this. Move-in date is July 1, send a DM if you are interested.

Do you mind if its a female? I want to offload my mother in law
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:24am On Apr 11
wonlasewonimi:

Do you mind if it’s a female? I want to offload my mother in law

Nawa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lolli2pop: 1:05am On Apr 11
Hello fam, please I am trying to bring goat meat from Nigeria. Can someone please share their experiences of trying such and how they went about it and any tips or advices.

Please i don’t want advices based off your instinct or common sense , i am looking for experiences and real life examples. .*smiles*
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:15am On Apr 11
Lolli2pop:
Hello fam, please I am trying to bring goat meat from Nigeria. Can someone please share their experiences of trying such and how they went about it and any tips or advices.

Please i don’t want advices based off your instinct or common sense , i am looking for experiences and real life examples. .*smiles*

Do you want my sister's style.......😁

The poor goat would be fried, till the last inch of it's life, dried (optional) and frozen (mortuary
standard)....... 🀣😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 5:18am On Apr 11
wonlasewonimi:

Do you mind if its a female? I want to offload my mother in law
Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 6:13am On Apr 11
Please my people. Any help with this?

ubby26:

Please I urgently need a driving instructor in Skipton available this weekend. You people should help me ooo.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 7:42am On Apr 11
ubby26:
Please my people. Any help with this?

Have you checked / asked your local Facebook page ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (534) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: tlanry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.