Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (487001 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Midex88(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
farmfuseagros:

That’s where the problem is, it should have been only her name.
I hope you get it resolved

Wanted to do that way but the house agent won't give apartment to someone who wasn't working full time. I.e. student
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
Teedol:
James Paul Kwame: intl passport

James Kwame: NIN

The above scenerio, what are my chances of getting my passport renewed at Abuja House in London, given that my middle name does not appear on my NIN, my surname and first name matches though. Thanks.

No chance ... Add your Third Name yo your NIN

I had similar experience and battled with NIN for 5 months on adding my third name
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayluv(f): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
justwise:

Is your mum a pensioner?

No she isn't.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
Phayie:

Edited

It's simple to use First Direct. Even the number of letters they send you will amaze you. I earned switch bonuses from Natwest, Royal Bank of Scotland and First Direct even though RBS are Natwest's arm.

shocked

only you. the fd one, did it take time?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ipassu: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hello House,

For people in non-healthcare roles that switched from PSW visa to Skilled worker visa with over a year still remaining on the PSW visa, did anyone get IHS refund and how did you go about it.

Many thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
hustla:

shocked

only you. the fd one, did it take time?

From the time I opened the account, it took roughly 3 weeks. But I deposited into the account after one week of opening it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Teniremi: 1:42am On Jun 29, 2023
Hello guys please for NHS jobs do they give band 3&4 COS.. what are the tips to pass there interview.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 4:32am On Jun 29, 2023
Please i hv some question to ask

1) if i get cos on January and like august my wifes comes to uk to join me. Will i have to go through another documentation with the company that gave me cos so that the cos can conver my wife who just newly came into the country? Or is it with home office i will take it up with and the company doesnt need to be involved?

2) about this mother in law visitation. I keep hearing people say is she a pensioner, if the old person visiting is not a pensioner will that reduce the chances of approval?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by starboychan: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2023
ipassu:
Hello House,

For people in non-healthcare roles that switched from PSW visa to Skilled worker visa with over a year still remaining on the PSW visa, did anyone get IHS refund and how did you go about it.

Many thanks for your response

If you paid Ihs for your new visa , they might have deducted the money. However if they didn’t contact them for a refund
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ipassu: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2023
starboychan:

If you paid Ihs for your new visa , they might have deducted the money. However if they didn’t contact them for a refund

My new employer paid for everything using a consultant so I'm not sure if they deducted or not
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2023
mayluv:

No she isn't.

Then a frequent visit will be questionable. Once a year is not bad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2023
Reached my allocated slots...... Thank you......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2023
Which one of these should I select during sign up?

Lexusgs430:
Let's get a free share, via Trading 212.........

You want to buy Tesla shares........ With T212, you can buy any share, etf's listed on their platform.........

https://www.trading212.com/invite/11S0uSxTBi

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
bigtt76:
Which one of these should I select during sign up?

Invest.....(orange banner)....

Once you load with funds, you get your free share immediately........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
Thanks kiss

Lexusgs430:

Invest.....(orange banner)....

Once you load with funds, you get your free share immediately........

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dozzynet(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oakande: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Let's get a free share, via Trading 212.........

You want to buy Tesla shares........ With T212, you can buy any share, etf's listed on their platform.........

https://www.trading212.com/invite/11S0uSxTBi

How about those of us that already have account with Trading 212??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
Oakande:

How about those of us that already have account with Trading 212??

No more free share........ 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by akanfe30: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
ipassu:

My new employer paid for everything using a consultant so I'm not sure if they deducted or not

They didn't deduct anything as it's a different visa category. Unfortunately, the previous IHS is gone. Remember you chose not to complete the cycle of PSW visa by switching. Lol. Honestly, I wish you could get a refund, and that would be a precedent that can benefit someone I know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
bigtt76:
Thanks kiss

Hope you got your free share....... 😊😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
Phayie:

From the time I opened the account, it took roughly 3 weeks. But I deposited into the account after one week of opening it.

Choi that's a long time

angry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
eniola1010:

1) if i get cos on January and like august my wifes comes to uk to join me. Will i have to go through another documentation with the company that gave me cos so that the cos can conver my wife who just newly came into the country? Or is it with home office i will take it up with and the company doesnt need to be involved?

2) about this mother in law visitation. I keep hearing people say is she a pensioner, if the old person visiting is not a pensioner will that reduce the chances of approval?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by derbylicious: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Good evening,
I need dire assistance regarding what address should be shown in a court affidavit done in Nigeria for a forthcoming passport renewal/name change due to marriage (passport renewal to be done here in london very soon).
Should the said affidavit have my Nigerian address or my current UK residence?
Please help!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
eniola1010:

1. You don't need to go to the Company. Same with if you give birth to more kids. If the Company paid for your visa, you can consider requesting to see if they would consider paying for your wife's but many may not.

2. Being a Pensioner means she's retired and gets regular income so she's seen as less risk and is understandable if she stays in the UK for some months. If the visitor is working, how can you justify staying away from work for months?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Solumtoya:

1. You don't need to go to the Company. Same with if you give birth to more kids. If the Company paid for your visa, you can consider requesting to see if they would consider paying for your wife's but many may not.

2. Being a Pensioner means she's retired and gets regular income so she's seen as less risk and is understandable if she stays in the UK for some months. If the visitor is working, how can you justify staying away from work for months?

Oh i get you now
As for number two, the person is still working, can a letter of annual leave suffice for as to why the visitor is leaving his/her work in nigeria to come spend sometime with me in uk.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oakande: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lexusgs430:

No more free share........ 😊

Auch!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
justwise:

Then a frequent visit will be questionable. Once a year is not bad

Boss what do you consider as a frequent visit?
She's a Pensioner
Has just been granted visa presumably coz we just got a mail for collection.
Plan to stay for 5 months 2 weeks and return.
She's ever ready to visit at the most possible time even if its a week after. She's lonely and am her only daughter cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hey gurus
How can one get a police character certificate?
Any contact would be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Owoado:
https://possapdotgovdotng/

Replace the 'dot' with '.'
That's the official site to get Nigeria Police clearance....the site is user friendly.
Noworries11
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
akanfe30:

They didn't deduct anything as it's a different visa category. Unfortunately, the previous IHS is gone. Remember you chose not to complete the cycle of PSW visa by switching. Lol. Honestly, I wish you could get a refund, and that would be a precedent that can benefit someone I know.

I thought as much. I've never head off refund because you didn't exhaust the period.

But I'm curious about the bolded. Do you know if there's a reduction if it's the same visa category, for instance changing skilled worker employers?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tolats(m): 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
Please house, I have a few questions about passport renewal in London.

1. From people's recent experience, please, when is the earliest one can collect the renewed passport after capturing? I applied in may and was booked for appointment in July.
2. I couldn't see any appointment slip to print after passport registration, I don't know if this is a new development due to website upgrade or something. I need someone to confirm this for me please.
3. My passport expires in September, and I should apply for Schengen visa in August, do you think there would be problem if I apply for Schengen visa by having less down three months on the expiring passport? It's just a three days trip.
4. Does fast tracking exist with passport renewal in London?

Thank you for your help and God bless.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
akanfe30:

There’s a bit of ambiguity here. The govt website says a refund is due if the IHS was paid twice. In my mind that means people that switch visas are eligible for a refund on the unused portion of their IHS. If you look online in other forums, you will find that people that have successfully switched visa have received IHS refund for the overlapping periods. I might be wrong but think it’s not so clear cut as you put it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (554) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Luchiano54, Deeegbee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.