Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) (3680 Views)

Jubilation As Villagers Kill A Huge Python, Set To Prepare Pepper Soup(photos) / Woman Finds Salamander In Her Pot Of Soup (Photos) / Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Lostchild(m): 12:14am On May 20, 2023
This write up is not to bash any ethnic group or cuisines. It is based from my experience. I always wanted to share my honest view on all Nigeria cuisines without being bias.

I, myself is from the south. I have traveled Nigeria a little and was greatly disappointed. I mean, I discovered that, Nigeria is not a one nation. I am origin from the heart of south south. I traveled widely into the whole south west and middle belt which is north central, trust me, it was difficult for me to get good meal. I had to stuck up with only tasteless rice and bread.

Immediately I left the heart state, I spent 3 days in Edo and more days in the south west, to middle belt, to the north, all you get is dror okra soup. Getting a tasty meal became very difficult for me. I was in Lagos for a week, I became stuck with fried bean cake (akara) and bread. Most restaurant food in Lagos are tasteless, unless the person is from deep within the SE or SS. I am not being bias, but it is the truth

THE TOP 5 SPECIAL SOUP

1. Egusi Soup
This soup is the grand father of all vegetable soup. It is a unique Soup, and it has many clone version of it. The sight and taste of this soup is a top notch.

2. Banga Soup
This soup is a unique Soup. It is the trado and foremost cuisine of the Urhobo's. It is made with palm kernel nut, and best serve in clay plate. This banga soup is among the top 5 best soup worldwide according to global ranking. The taste of this soup is a top notch.

3. Melon Soup
This soup is a specie. It has has two version of its kind. What I mean is, it has fried version and pepper soup version of it. This soup is top notch, especially when prepared with pork meat or scoobia ice fish.

The first time I prepared this soup with pork meat for my ex, she instantly fell asleep after eating. When she awake, she began to worship my cooking skill. grin

4. Ohwo Soup
The original name of this soup is Ogwo Ewvri. It is an ancient trado cuisine of the Urhobos. The sight of this soup is unappealing, but the taste is fantabulous. Especially when prepared with dried sea fish. This soup is a top notch.

I will not add edikang ikong to the list because that Soup is a not a specie but a clone soup. Most of the food in page 3 are clone

4 Likes

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Lostchild(m): 12:15am On May 20, 2023
5. Ogbonor Soup.
I am not a fan of Ogbonor soup, but it is a special kind of soup.

2 Likes

THE BAD SOUP
These group of soup below are not appealing in taste and in sight. Many white Americans and European food tourist who have tasted the first soup, only ended up generalizing that Nigeria soup are bad. They have this generalization because they end up in Lagos. Trust me, their expressions are always horrible.

1. Ewedu Soup
This Ewedu soup is not a good soup at all. The first time I saw the soup is when I traveled to Lagos. I was shock to my bone marrow. I have never taste it and I will never taste it.

2. Miya Kukan
I am sorry to say this, the sight of this soup terrifies me to this very day.

3 Oha Soup.
I have taste it, nothing special about this soup. Without the meat, this soup is pueh.

4. Anala soup, (Ofe ukpom)
Nothing special, just a bad soup.

1 Like 1 Share

5. Okoho Soup
It is a special benue soup also known to the Benue people as Onhoyevuna. It is made with groundnut, and best served with pounded yam. This Soup is ehe ehe. lipsrsealed.

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Lostchild(m): 12:18am On May 20, 2023
CLONE SOUP
Most of these soup are clone soup. They are mainly vegetables in a stew method. Forget the bla bla bla people called them. I see too much over hyping of these stew as soup.

You can even use these soup to eat white rice.

1. Edikang - Ikong.
I see people over hyping the soup. There is nothing special about this soup. Just remove all the meat or whatever, you will see it weakness.

2. Bitter-leaf Soup
This soup is a clone version from egusi soup.

3. Efo-riro
This soup is just main stew/vegetable, nothing much. It is not even a soup on his own. It is mainly vegetable stew. If you use garri to eat this vegetable stew, it will swell your colon.

4. Afang Soup
This soup is heavily clone. Nothing special.

5. Ofe Owerri
This soup is a clone soup, made in Owerri.

6. Ofe Akparata
This soup name is very ugly. Mainly pepper vegetable stew, nothing special.

7. Okra Soup
This Soup is a clone soup of Ogbonor soup. Nothing special.

8. Black Esan Soup
There is nothing special about this soup. Remove the meat, you will see the leafy taste. (weakness)

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Lostchild(m): 12:20am On May 20, 2023
MY HONEST VIEWS
There are just few good soup in the whole entire Nigeria. The rest are clone soup. When you remove the meat/fish from the clone dish, you will see the real taste and its weakness.

I always wanted to share my honest thought here on food because, I see too many over hyping on this nairaland food section. When it comes to traditional dishes, only few soup will pass the test when you remove the meat.

The first time I taste ogbono soup in Edo state and ogbonor soup from Kogi state, I almost puke. The only ethnic that has good soup and none clone trado cuisine are the Urhobos, and also, the Igbos are very good cook. Most of the Akwa-Ibomite, Efik and Ibibios soup are clone cuisine.

The rest cuisine from the north and south-west are just too deep for me.

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by onomeabuja: 12:47am On May 20, 2023
But which kind wahala be this eh
@op y nah embarassed
Which kind hungry u give me now cry
See food oh gush....delicious !!!
Nack these soups with better swallow gbam! tongue

5 Likes

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by ipobarecriminals: 1:30am On May 20, 2023
lipsrsealed Different reheated fart smell sad lipsrsealed especially the sour soup garnished with locusts bean grin

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Modifire(m): 3:36am On May 20, 2023
Why una just dey purnish people e no good oo
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Oloki: 6:06am On May 20, 2023
To you it might not be all that appealing, but to each tribe to which the soup belong, is a spec, they can die protecting it. We've been surviving on those soups and relishing the taste and memories they offer.

You said, without the meat, nothing special about them, I beg wetin make soup, no be meat and co?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by yetmao: 6:55am On May 20, 2023
You no know soup. And you are very biased in your thinking. What qualifies you as a judge of soup?

Just because you have small data.

11 Likes

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by breadplanet(f): 7:08am On May 20, 2023
Wahahahahahahahaha.....ara agbala this op😂
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Crownwhale(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2023
Lostchild:
THE BAD SOUP

These group of soup below are not appealing in taste. Many white tourist who taste the first Soup. Trust me, her expressions was horrible.

1. Ewedu Soup
This ewedu soup is not a good soup at all. The first time I saw the soup is when I traveled to Lagos. I was shock to to my bone marrow. I have never taste it and I will never taste it.

2. Black Esan Soup
There is nothing special about this soup. Remove the meat, you will see the unpleasant taste.

3. Miya Kukan
I am sorry to say this, the sight of this soup terrifies me to this very day.

4 Oha Soup.
I have taste it, nothing special or tasty about this soup. Without the meat, this soup is puer.

Have you considered their medicinal part?
Do your research. As a scientist I am I will affirmed that what you tag bad are best you need.
I am from South west, I don't like draw soup, ewedu but once in a while I drink it like water.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Generalwoodz(m): 8:19am On May 20, 2023
To each their own. One man meat is another's poison.

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Littlechild(m): 8:24am On May 20, 2023
Please, feel free to attach photos of your own native cuisine and educate me.
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Adesina18111(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2023
SEBI una don make me salivate and crave for soup wey I no fit afford embarassed embarassed
My God will judge you embarassed embarassed tongue
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2023
You are from the south,born and breed in the south, probably never left your comfort zone till early adulthood, never tasted delicacy outside your home till adulthood.

Now you are here bashing things you don't know

3 Likes

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by CodeTemplar: 10:21am On May 20, 2023
Lol...the bad soup.
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by ReacherSaidNoth: 3:59pm On May 20, 2023
Your good soup list is great, and I agree that Ewedu and Black soup are🤮. Although I ate Edikang-Ikang almost twenty years ago, I remember it was magical in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by umarfantami(m): 4:32pm On May 20, 2023
How I wish I could be getting the bad soup in this trying time
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by davillian(m): 8:00pm On May 20, 2023
I've eaten almost all the soups you posted and they all taste good.....
The last I tried was the black soup though it doesn't look fine in the eyes but it taste great

2 Likes

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by gaby(m): 11:56pm On May 20, 2023
This one brain dey shake.

So, your taste-bud or preference should be the standard to determine what soup/food is good or not.

I sorry for you.

You better learn to broaden your horizon and be more receptive to other cultures and their ways.
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Chidi2022: 7:51am On May 21, 2023
gaby:
This one brain dey shake.

So, your taste-bud or preference should be the standard to determine what soup/food is good or not.

I sorry for you.

You better learn to broaden your horizon and be more receptive to other cultures and their ways.
Brother mi, don't waste your reply , he is a troll..Soon he will open another thread on how this soups swallowed his destiny.. Happy Sunday Sir.
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by gaby(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2023
Chidi2022:
Brother mi, don't waste your reply , he is a troll..Soon he will open another thread on how this soups swallowed his destiny.. Happy Sunday Sir.

Happy Sunday sis.
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by ovcwality(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2023
well prepared groundnut soup is my top soup, followed by vegetable soup (combination of spinach, ogu, little bitter leaf and zoborodo)
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by lorhema(f): 11:12am On May 22, 2023
Ewedu, oha and okro soups bad ke?
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by armyofone(m): 11:22pm On May 22, 2023
Lmao grin
Clone soup, good and bad soup cheesy

Nothing like bad soup. As long as it has nutritional efficiency/benefits and gives you energy - all good.

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Littlechild(m): 2:57am On May 23, 2023
lorhema:
Ewedu, oha and okro soups bad ke?

Yes, Ewedu is scary.

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by akanbi470: 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lostchild:
This write up is not to bash any ethnic group or cuisines. It is based from my little experience. I always wanted to share my honest view on all Nigeria cuisines without being bias.

I, myself is from the south. I have traveled Nigeria a little and was greatly disappointed. I mean, I discovered that, Nigeria is not a one nation. I am origin from the heart of south South. I traveled widely into the whole south west and middle belt, north central, trust me, it was difficult for me to get good meal. I had to stuck up with only tasteless rice and bread.

Immediately I left the heart state, I spent 3 days in Edo and more days in the south west, to middle belt, to the north, all you get is dror okra soup. Getting a tasty meal become very difficult for me. I was in Lagos for a week, I became stuck with fried bean cake (akara) and bread. Most restaurant food in Lagos are tasteless, unless the person is from deep within the SE or SS. I am not being bias, but it is the truth

THE TOP 5 SOUP

1. Egusi Soup

2. Banga

3. Melon

4. Ogwo Soup

I will later update this thread and write about the uniqueness of each soup. I did not add edikang ikong to the list because that soup is a not a specie but a clone soup. Most of the food in page 3 are clone.

We produce artistic and well finished wooden utensils, and are available for pickup. They're been produced in ibadan and can be delivered everywhere. /message/YH3I7L

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by Lostchild(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2023
Removed
Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by bukatyne(f): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
You want to vex for the OP but you end up reading the tread and laughing when you see his categorization of good soups, bad soups and clone soups.

Well, most soups derive their differentiation from the leaves and spices used so there would be a lot of 'clone' soups.

I wish you a hearty appetite with your five 'good' soups.

P.S: I daresay that lack of money was the reason you were stuck with bread&akara in Lagos and dror soup in the North.

If you have the money to explore, you will get whatever you want to eat especially in a state like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Good Soup VS Bad Soup (photos) by ForChrist1: 5:51am On Jul 06, 2023
Lostchild:
Removed

Been a while bro. I trust you are doing great. Just checking on you. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!! Where Can I Find Low Fat Yoghurt In Lagos? / Baby In Sandwich / Why Ibo People Call Eba Garri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.