Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,375 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:24 PM

Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha (2861 Views)

"House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister / An Advice For Every Imo Man And Woman / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by mundus(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
I was listening to the governor of Imo state Owelle Rochas Okorocha when making a state broadcast on his first 100 days in office today 27th of September and I was really fascinated by this man’s speech. His speech really made me start viewing with a new and different perspective because he really has good aspirations for us.
I was particularly struck when he mentioned that henceforth all Imo students will be given monthly allowances of #100 each {#300 per term} for the student’s upkeep. He made serious emphasis on the allowances to be given to student’s and stated categorically that he will not take it lightly with any school, principal or teacher who withholds the allowance of any child. As if that was not enough he also ordered for the cessation of the PTA fees which students were used to paying, he also promised running the Imo state schools the way he runs his own school the Rochas Foundation College stressing that school uniforms and books will now be given to student’s without paying a dime.
He again flawed all those who go about insinuating that free education is not obtainable anywhere in the world, advising people not to always use other countries as a yardstick stating that Imo state is indeed unique.
He talked about his journey to Japan, China ,Singapore and London in search for foreign collaborations and aid Saying he wants to make Imo state the China of Africa.
However he listed his weakness as lack of bureaucracy and due process in his words “I can’t follow due process” saying it slows down government which is against his philosophy. He ended the speech by assuring all Imolites the Egyptians they saw yesterday {OHAKIM} they shall see no more.
Finally I just wish he actualizes all his dreams and aspirations for Imo state before he …………………………………,
http://martinuwakwe..com/2011/09/every-imo-student-to-be-paid-monthly.html
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! Say it ain't so
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Mcleo007(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
Before he what?
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Xfactoria: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well, those are good intentions but I hope this guy would not leave Imo State in some huge debt after he leaves office.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by seanet02: 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
X-factoria:

Well, those are good intentions but I hope this guy would not leave Imo State in some huge debt after he leaves office.
makes sense at last
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by kasiem(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
i pray this zeal never dies
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
A good free meal and drinks in the morning and lunch sufficient for each student would have been ideal and less expensive of an option. Nevertheless, well done Rochas.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by paragonpro: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ X-Factora

If he leaves a huge debt but was able to increa
se the literacy level of imo, then in there is assurance that the debt would be paid by in increasing the productive base of the people. But what about all those governors who leave huge debt on account of buying personal estates all around the world.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by doctokwus: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
Populist move,economically unsound,he shd retrace his steps,imolites want quality education not handouts for dere kids
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by EkoIle1: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
I don't even feel like laughing.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Desola(f): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
when a whole leader comes out to categorically say that he does not follow due process, then you know that there is fire on the mountain.

I hope he'd be happy for his staff to follow his foot steps i.e not following due process.

What kind of clowns is Nigeria building for crying out loud!

Why don't you do the job of the parents for them? Infact, provide the children their three square meals and buy them houses each sef.

Seriously misplaced priorities. When he's not placing his concubines in his cabinet, he's busy making empty promises. How much is 300 Naira by the way? Can the children even buy bazooka with it?
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
Populist, not populist?

Whichever way we look at it, at N300 a year, it is not as expensive as the case outline below:

[Ghana] Government to develop School Feeding Programme sustenance policy
Last Updated: Sunday, 29 May 2011, 12:70 GMT Previous Page

Government will soon develop a policy to govern the home-grown School Feeding Programme and ensure its sustainability.

In addition, an evaluation of the programme would be undertaken to ensure that the current reach of 700,000 pupils is increased to one million by the next academic year.

Mr Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, Minister of Local Government and Rural Development announced this at the ninth edition of United Nation’s World Food Programme (WFP) annual walk to raise funds and create awareness about meals served in schools to address child hunger and malnutrition.

The walk dubbed “End Hunger: Walk the World” organised by WFP in collaboration with Unilever Ghana, TNT and DSM Nutritional Foods and Golden Tulip Hotel serves as a platform to unite the world with the common belief that hunger, which is simply unacceptable must be eradicated.

The 7.5 kilometre walk, which started from the Golden Tulip Hotel, ended at the Athletic Oval of the University of Ghana, Legon.

The Sector Minister noted that government was committed to reducing the number of hungry poor people especially children and determined to work extra hard to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.

He explained that Ghana’s model of home-grown school feeding programme was an effective outlet for food produced by local farmers and government was instituting measures to enhance food security and reduce income variability for farmers.

Mr Ofosu-Ampofo said hungry children must be reached and should not be denied education because of hunger as hunger affected healthy growth in early childhood.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/education/201105/66493.asp

Last time I checked, Ghana is not wealthier than Nigeria.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2011
@umechuma: perfect responce. Keep it up.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by experts: 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
Osun state government under the past administration, Oyinlola, used to feed the students of primary school and also give them books.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by arsenefc: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
100 dollars or naira?
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by igbo2011(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
Why do Nigerians love to be like other people? The China of Africa, the Jaan of Africa? We need to be like NIGERIA!!!
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by mundus(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2011
I agree with you. We should be our very self.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^

You need some sort of bench mark or reference point to measure progress.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 28, 2011
mundus:

I was listening to the governor of Imo state Owelle Rochas Okorocha when making a state broadcast on his first 100 days in office today 27th of September and I was really fascinated by this man’s speech. His speech really made me start viewing with a new and different perspective because he really has good aspirations for us.
I was particularly struck when he mentioned that henceforth all Imo students will be given monthly allowances of #100 each {#300 per term} for the student’s upkeep. He made serious emphasis on the allowances to be given to student’s and stated categorically that he will not take it lightly with any school, principal or teacher who withholds the allowance of any child. As if that was not enough he also ordered for the cessation of the PTA fees which students were used to paying, he also promised running the Imo state schools the way he runs his own school the Rochas Foundation College stressing that school uniforms and books will now be given to student’s without paying a dime.
He again flawed all those who go about insinuating that free education is not obtainable anywhere in the world, advising people not to always use other countries as a yardstick stating that Imo state is indeed unique.
He talked about his journey to Japan, China ,Singapore and London in search for foreign collaborations and aid Saying he wants to make Imo state the China of Africa.
However he listed his weakness as lack of bureaucracy and due process in his words[b] “I can’t follow due process”[/b] saying it slows down government which is against his philosophy. He ended the speech by assuring all Imolites the Egyptians they saw yesterday {OHAKIM} they shall see no more.
Finally I just wish he actualizes all his dreams and aspirations for Imo state before he …………………………………,
http://martinuwakwe..com/2011/09/every-imo-student-to-be-paid-monthly.html

For crying out loud,this is democracy where due process is the order of he day.I just hope your not following due process doesn't tanslate into massive corrpution and looting sir ? Anyways,EFCC shouldtake note,please.
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 9:32am On Sep 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

For crying out loud,this is democracy where due process is the order of he day.I just hope your not following due process doesn't tanslate into massive corrpution and looting sir ? Anyways,EFCC shouldtake note,please.

GEJ is [i]slow [/i]because he follows due process; Rochas is [i]nimble [/i]because he can't follow it; fashola is [i]smart [/i]because pass the shit through Tinubu. grin grin grin
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
Jonathan is slow because he follows due process??

Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yes, following DUE PROCESS is now to be marked the PROBLEM ooo . . . kai!!! ROFL
Re: Every Imo Student To Be Paid Monthly Allowance - Rochas Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yes, following DUE PROCESS is now to be marked the PROBLEM ooo  . . . DUE PROCESS IS TO BLAME now for Jonathan's 12 year Non-existent record of performance ooo . .  .kai!!! ROFL

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Angry Over Oba's Action / Breaking: Police Invade Kano Goverment Lodge In Abuja, Hold 5 Governors Hostage / Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.