Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community (17891 Views)

Enugu Witch Doctor Dies In Grave While Exhuming Body Of ‘Maltreated’ Housewife / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / Lady Searching For A Husband For Her Widowed Mother On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by safarilove(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2023
Thanks I have modified
emekajacobogbon:

Torn apart
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by ppogba: 2:14pm On May 23, 2023
If they are not calling their sister a witch, they are are denying her a right to the property.

If they are not calling a widow a witch, they are giving her the water obtained from the corpse of her husband to drink.

If they are not breaking the head of an innocent maid living with them, they are burning her fingers for stealing meat.

In fact, they are the direch descendants of Ekwensu.

6 Likes

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by ppogba: 2:22pm On May 23, 2023
baralatie:

It is a complicated issue.
One.it bothers around widow s ND it's after effects while in Calabria they are more inclined to identifying women who are into witchcrafts and either banish the women or killing them.
It is a different thing in some areas.some areas associated the death of the husband as tobe due to the witchery acts of the widow(and it can go really bad for the widow if investigation revealed that the husband is well known.agile and productive).
Because of this members of some communities exploit omen into widowhood to instigate community against them
Then there are other issues of concern.
In deltaimo.rivers.bayelsa some communities still are at crossroads of how to phase out this problem

Even in the west there are hidden practices that affect women which is been hidden from the public of which a lot of people don't know about.
It is not always green on the otherside

If you know any of such practice being hidden in the west, please expose and stop hiding behind a finger to justify a babaric act that even the courts have given decisions on severally but yet the greed idiots will never abide with because of some useless pieces of land in the mud.

2 Likes

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Phyde: 2:23pm On May 23, 2023
Before opening to read, I already knew it will be Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by ppogba: 2:31pm On May 23, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Why are all the witches poor? I have noticed that one of the criteria of being a Nigerian witch is either you're poor or you live in a poor environment, you hardly heard after witch craft in rich neighbourhoods.

You are very correct. The rich people that are presumably witches train their own children in the best of schools, back them to the top of their careers and subsequently intiate them in witchcraft.
Whoever says there are no witches is a fool. Whoever says there are no rich witches is a bigger fool.
But truth is, there is a strong relationship between witchcraft and poverty and it tends to spread where 1. The knowledge about their activities are low. 2 . Where poverty is rife so that they all swim in the same ocean.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Charlie2020(f): 2:32pm On May 23, 2023
Nollywood
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Adewale1603(m): 2:44pm On May 23, 2023
duro4chang:
All because of property.
All because of poverty
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by dododawa1: 2:49pm On May 23, 2023
Which TRIBE?

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by zelnababa(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2023
lolz this can only happen in potopoto republic

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by iamjavadem(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2023
I have watched enough Igbo home videos so I know what is going on. She is preventing them from getting access to dispose of some of their parents wealth. Maybe they want possession of that family house.
dre11:

The victim is a mother of two.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/599923-brothers-label-their-widowed-sister-witch-banish-her-from-community.html

Nlfpmod
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Makamatic: 3:21pm On May 23, 2023
IgboSomalia:

Wait till your daughter marries there

We've got our rules on our daughters marriage .
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:22pm On May 23, 2023
We ALL know the TRIBE that is this backwards. No need to read story before concluding.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Dexy4yah(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2023
Anambra again?
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:26pm On May 23, 2023
blahc007:

My dear not Igbo people, but Anambra state of Nigeria.
They have all the money in the world, but do you know that civilization never enter this people mind....?
Being a hustler, being rich is different from being civilized.

I be Igbo guy.i school for Anambra for 5years, so I Sabi dem.....me know wetin I de tell you....

They are drug dealers. Lets tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:28pm On May 23, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Why are all the witches poor? I have noticed that one of the criteria of being a Nigerian witch is either you're poor or you live in a poor environment, you hardly heard after witch craft in rich neighbourhoods.

Because people label poor people witch just to take advantage of them. Can you label a rich woman witch and get away with it?
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by arex4bb: 3:30pm On May 23, 2023
Why this stupidity and barbaric act till among the eastern. That's why they can not see beyond their limit when you are telling them the thruth.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by duro4chang(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2023
Adewale1603:
All because of poverty
You are right
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by powerhouse3(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2023
Jennyclay:
Too bad undecided.

I thought it’s only calabar people that are fond of this rubbish and nonsense witch banishing, I never knew Igbo people are the oga kpatakpata of banishing witches undecided.

90% of Nigerians are so backward and uncivilized.

Useless brothers from the pit of hell!!
Wetin consign calabar with this stuff
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by JaredH: 3:51pm On May 23, 2023
No wonder they die alot in motor accident just because they want to come and live in yorubaland
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by VEHINTOLAR: 3:57pm On May 23, 2023
I knew it would be somewhere in Alaigbo even before opening the thread ! These people are too primitive and this is why they don't know how to cohabit peacefully with other people in a civilised manner for the good,progress and development of the community. Even those of them who live outside of their tiny enclave are not in anyway better;they too talk and reason anyhow just like their counterparts in their various villages in the East. Take that mumu old man who called himself one yeye "eze ndigbo of Ajao Estate,he is too brash,clannish and very stupid like a whole lot of them !

1 Like

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by GeneralPula: 3:58pm On May 23, 2023
baralatie:

One.it bothers around widow s ND it's after effects while in Calabria they are more inclined to identifying women who are into witchcrafts and either banish the women or killing them.
It is a different thing in some areas.some areas associated the death of the husband as tobe due to the witchery acts of the widow(and it can go really bad for the widow if investigation revealed that the husband is well known.agile and productive).
Because of this members of some communities exploit omen into widowhood to instigate community against them
In deltaimo.rivers.bayelsa some communities still are at crossroads of how to phase out this problem

Even in the west there are hidden practices that affect women which is been hidden from the public of which a lot of people don't know about.
Never!

Yoruba wife’s dey enjoy pass all these nonsense. Because of 1 plot of land? Mtchew..

Don’t be a Lamba Nanu Part 2..

1 Like

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by baralatie(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2023
GeneralPula:

Never!

Yoruba wife’s dey enjoy pass all these nonsense. Because of 1 plot of land? Mtchew..

Don’t be a Lamba Nanu Part 2..

How many of the travails that married Yoruba women face do you know( upon the demise of their husband)
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by wolesmile(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2023
Honestly before opening the post, the first thing that came to my mind was "This must be Anambra."
And I was right!!!
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Raf4: 4:21pm On May 23, 2023
iammo:
grin

I knew the region

I fvcking new it's gonna be them

Call out bad people call out bad culture it's not racism or tribalism it's to prevent such from continuing

We collectively call out Russians for invading Ukraine

We call out Redneck KKK Americans for killing blacks

Call out this people and you start hearing Tribalism, Bigotry

They will start to blame Awolowo/Tinubu/QE2 for this now.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2023
I came to verify the state. I wasn’t disappointed

1 Like

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Raf4: 4:30pm On May 23, 2023
ppogba:
If they are not calling their sister a witch, they are are denying her a right to the property.

If they are not calling a widow a witch, they are giving her the water obtained from the corpse of her husband to drink.

If they are not breaking the head of an innocent maid living with them, they are burning her fingers for stealing meat.

In fact, they are the direch descendants of Ekwensu.

This is the culture they cherish most.
They will rather abuse Yoruba for practicing a culture of respect for elders, while they preserve their barbaric practices.

1 Like

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by cococandy(f): 4:39pm On May 23, 2023
Funny how it’s usually women who are witches. How many wizards have you heard them banning?
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by cococandy(f): 4:45pm On May 23, 2023
It’s not a complicated issue. It’s misogyny simple and short.

Many cultures in Nigeria have refused to accept the simple fact that they hate women. They’ll use “this is Africa, we are traditional, we hate westernization bla bla bla” to perpetuate hatred against women (something that’s innately western BTW but I digress)

Now it’s happening in Igbo land, Yoruba people are focusing on the tribe. when it happens In Yoruba land, Igbo people will come along to bash their tribe. But all of you have the same thing in common and that’s all Nigerian cultures perpetuate some form of oppression against women that you justify with tradition.

Let’s be focusing on the tribe and not the issue which is that most of all of our culture only works if women accept these types of barbarism in different degrees.

baralatie:

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by fareed69(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2023
I know sey na dem dem

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Delightsome2023: 5:01pm On May 23, 2023
Onyinyechiugly1:
The men who did that, should be hanged with their balls....they are not qualified to be among humans.
why do you call yourself ugly?
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by isabi2lof: 5:04pm On May 23, 2023
Na dem dem embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman To Marry Twin Sister's Killer / When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. / Top 10 Lies Men Tell Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.