Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West (1299 Views)

The Real Reason Dangote Abandoned Nigeria's Crude Oil / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by Aderewah: 2:25pm On May 23, 2023
Asides from all the many mumbo jumbo, this is the realest reason why he put it in lagos and SW. If you remeber, he first tried Ondo, then Ogun before Lagos. Why SW? He calculated the event that Nigeria broke up. If he put it in SS or SE, they will immediately seek to take over it, SE might even claim it is payment for the many properties they might abandon in other regions. If he put it in the north with his people, he might even find oil in the north. The issue will be exporting it as North will be land locked. He set it in SW because;
If Nigeria breaks, SW will still protect Dangote's interests in good faith
Lagos bought into the shares
It will still be easy to export out of Nigeria
Free from deve money crooners and Nzogbu Nzogbu terrorists

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BRIMBRAM: 2:31pm On May 23, 2023
grin

On a serious note, Yoruba's are too liberal. During the civil war, Igbos who left their properties behind in Yoruba lands met them intact after the Civil war. But not the South South, particularly Port Harcourt. After the war, their properties had been taken over by indigenes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by Ibaaboy(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2023
Mtsheeeeew
Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by JaredH: 6:03pm On May 23, 2023
correct op smiley

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BloomingDale(f): 6:05pm On May 23, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin

On a serious note, Yoruba's are too liberal. During the civil war, Igbos who left their properties behind in Yoruba lands met them intact after the Civil war. But not the South South, particularly Port Harcourt. After the war, their properties had been taken over by indigenes.

Mumu write up and you yourself come mumu join.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by joyandfaith: 6:13pm On May 23, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin

Liberalism is a key to economic development. WEST control world economy due to its liberalism.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by renderme: 6:47pm On May 23, 2023
BloomingDale:

It was in retaliation for the Biafrans deleting their people. Were the Yorubas deleted in massive numbers by the Biafrans? Ordinary talk say Igbos wan take over Lagos, una don almost start war. Liberal my black ass. Mumu write up and you yourself come mumu join.
I am Yoruba and everything you just said is fact. I trust my people, dem no Dey forget sthn like dt. Ife-modakeke century old fight go be small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BRIMBRAM: 7:58pm On May 23, 2023
BloomingDale:

It was in retaliation for the Biafrans deleting their people. Were the Yorubas deleted in massive numbers by the Biafrans?[b] Ordinary talk say Igbos wan take over Lagos, una don almost start war. [/b]Liberal my black ass. Mumu write up and you yourself come mumu join.

Lol at least it is still better than Peter Obi who was chasing his fellow Igbo out of Anambra state simply because they are not from Anambra state. Igbos are not even liberal among themselves. That's why, they still practice OSU, an out cast system of discrimination amongst each other. This is a fact that you can't deny. grin

Just this one investment by this Fulani man called Dangote is larger than all the investments by Igbos since Independence on Lagos soil. grin

10 Likes

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:46pm On May 23, 2023
BloomingDale:

It was in retaliation for the Biafrans deleting their people. Were the Yorubas deleted in massive numbers by the Biafrans? Ordinary talk say Igbos wan take over Lagos, una don almost start war. Liberal my black ass. Mumu write up and you yourself come mumu join.

Good for this confession that they killed ss which you guys have denied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by Styluss: 9:12pm On May 23, 2023
Are you serious with this? I never heard of that! Did similar happen during the Modakeke-Ife war?
BRIMBRAM:
grin

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BRIMBRAM: 9:25pm On May 23, 2023
Styluss:
Are you serious with this? I never heard of that! Did similar happen during the Modakeke-Ife war?

What happened during the Modakeke war?. Kindly tell us your experience please.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by Styluss: 9:32pm On May 23, 2023
Nothing happend, I just want to know if original owners came back to their properties in respect to his comments
BRIMBRAM:

What happened during the Modakeke war?. Kindly tell us your experience please.
Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BRIMBRAM: 9:39pm On May 23, 2023
Styluss:
Nothing happend, I just want to know if original owners came back to their properties in respect to his comments

I actually thought something happened.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:57pm On May 23, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin

The people of Port Harcourt did the RIGHT thing!

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Dangote Sited His Refinery In The South West by BloomingDale(f): 5:47am On May 24, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Heaven On Earth / Fresh Governorship Polls In Kogi (begining of debacle or accomplishment?) / Tokyo Reinstated As Nurtw Chairman : Beginning Of The End For Gov Akala ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.