Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange (25578 Views)

Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar / Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Dangote, Ngozi Iweala And Jim Ovia / Zainab Ahmed: Dangote Refinery Will Save Nigeria $10bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Femeto: 7:48pm On May 23, 2023
HA OBI OBI. IMPORT AND EXPORT.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by blowjohn(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2023
Peter obi Shud concentrate on getting back the mandate.

Let him leave these people alone.
Time is going
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Shattuck(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2023
Obakoolex:
Even tho I support Tinubu but I must say that I respect this guy agility and responsiveness to always remain relevant in the media.

I also like how he dodge the direct question on the price of PMS....that's brilliant.

The truth of the matter remains that Tinubu will rule for at least 4 years, but if he becomes another failure like Buhari, if Obi is on the ballot comes 2027 he has my vote.

But I pray Jagaban don't fall hand.

God bless Nigeria.
you no vote for am now nah 2027 you want come vote for am, you are the first tinubu supporter I have met sounding a bit logical and sensible. Tinubu may definitely do better than buhari but I doubt he can make any sustainable change.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by GreenCovering: 7:50pm On May 23, 2023
Na now day break for your side?
I remember you didn't see this when asked about measures you'd take to save for Nigeria's future budgeting.
Oga o!
grin
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Seagodess(f): 7:52pm On May 23, 2023
Fafesot:

This is the kind of attitude that's making you people wallow in stagnation.

I should shut up, so you can't engage intelligently than to insult people.

I'm well trained, unlike you.
if you are well trained u won't be here spilling rubbish that people voted for APC..why the Loud out cry if the election was truely a reflection of the majority? We've been having elections, why is this one different? Haven't u asked urself?
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by ipobarecriminals: 7:52pm On May 23, 2023
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Acekidc4:
We Know That Already Mr Mandate Seeker.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Tareq1105: 7:52pm On May 23, 2023
Shattuck:
you voted for tinubu based on greed and ethnic sentiment all this talk about Igbo or Biafra is just cover for the hate and selfishness, with agbadorians. You don't have to explain yourself kid you have every right to vote base on selfishness and tribalism.

See people that gave Obi 95% of the votes from south east is saying someone voted based on ethnicity.

Who's more tribalistic here?

1 Like

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by zubby007(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2023
Acekidc4:
Mugu
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by tommykiwi(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2023
Acekidc4:
Make them ask your pay master that same question, na speed you go take run because na only copy and paste him sabi.

You see the way Obi answered the question without thinking much.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Fafesot: 7:55pm On May 23, 2023
Seagodess:
if you are well trained u won't be here spilling rubbish that people voted for APC..why the Loud out cry if the election was truely a reflection of the majority? We've been having elections, why is this one different? Haven't u asked urself?
This election is different because someone who failed woefully (Third position) says he won the election, and his daft tribesmen believe and follow hi sheepishly. We didn't vote for Peter Obi down here. Nigeria is beyond south east.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Bfly: 7:55pm On May 23, 2023
Ogene001:

Even Dangote himself knows he is the future president and that's why he is aligning

By not mentioning Obi's name in his speech and also by lauding Tinubu for giving him room in lagos.

Don't let this way of thinking be your new normal pls.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by onuman: 7:55pm On May 23, 2023
Peter Obi; immediately after they swear in their drug baron and Thiefnubuu as president of Nigeria; your talks about Nigeria 🇳🇬 become irrelevant. The conspiracy to grab the proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger Delta region continues.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Shattuck(m): 7:56pm On May 23, 2023
Fafesot:

Keep insulting us, we'll be responding with our votes.
nah me you dey do, talking about responding with your vote, you won't get a seat at tinubu's table neither would I, I am not even Igbo FYI. I've got things going for me.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Seagodess(f): 7:56pm On May 23, 2023
Fafesot:

This election is different because someone who failed woefully (Third position) says he won the election, and his daft tribesmen believe and follow hi sheepishly. We didn't vote for Peter Obi down here. Nigeria is beyond south east.
where are you located?
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Elev82014: 7:57pm On May 23, 2023
This will impact positively into our being able to have additional savings to our foreign exchange and rebuilding our reserve which will go a long way in impacting on our rate.

When has Nigeria been able to save and pass the savings onto its citizens? Peter Obi seems to be delusional!
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Fafesot: 7:58pm On May 23, 2023
Shattuck:
nah me you dey do, talking about responding with your vote, you won't get a seat at tinubu's table neither would I, I am not even Igbo FYI. I've got things going for me.
Jokes on you...
I actually have a share.
You don't know me. grin
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by SaintLucia: 7:59pm On May 23, 2023
lexy2014:

but its the journalists that went to meet him to ask him question. whats the anger about?
Yes daddy thank you daddy.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Shattuck(m): 8:00pm On May 23, 2023
Tareq1105:

See people that gave Obi 95% of the votes from south east is saying someone voted based on ethnicity.

Who's more tribalistic here?
guess the south east are the smartest Nigerians then, because in an election you vote for the best, I am from Edo state and we also voted for the best too.

1 Like

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by TheATM: 8:01pm On May 23, 2023
Even Basic one pupil knows this
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Krublog(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2023
plumcomm:
na only u get brain...that's one of their characteristics.

Using a "Smartphone" doesn't translate to smartness.

Now run along...
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Fafesot: 8:02pm On May 23, 2023
Seagodess:
where are you located?
Do you want to come and beat me?

Don't bother, transfer your aggression on your people.

Don't quote me again.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Krublog(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2023
blowjohn:

grin wink cheesy grin

We know the press went to meet him.
Nobody said he went to meet the press oga.

Then, this post was not for you.

1 Like

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by ghm: 8:04pm On May 23, 2023
Let me attempt to answer some of these questions as I know it. Others may please add.

PNomsule:
All these band wagon appraisals, abeg!

1. How would the crude be transported from point of drill to the refinery and in consideration of the plausible congestion already in Lagos? The crude will be sourced from 3 continents and will be brought by tankers(crude transporting ships) and will be dislodged through the new port in the same location.This also applies to the crude that will come from Nigeria (Niger delta or deep offshore.

2. What sort of regulations would be put in place to see that Dangote Refinery doesn't exploit her end users? Dangote refinery is a private entity. He will still buy crude at the prevailing international market prices from NNPC just like other customers, so nothing really has changed except the cost of shipping from Europe/Asia that will no longer be necessary. The refinery will also sell to other African countries at prevailing int'l market prices. It is good to know that international prices is transparent, so any differential will be frowned at.

3. Would govt discontinue the subsidy payment given Dangote Ref would be able to supply more than the daily required fuel consumption by Nigerians? this is entirely govenment decision and has nothing with Dangote Refinery (DR). e,g, If DR is selling at 10kobo, government will buy from DR at 10kobo and can decide to sell to Nigerians at 6k and thus subsidised by 4k. It is solely government decision.

4. How much is Govt stake in this supposed private entity? The last time I checked Nigeria through CBN bought 20% at $2.6B, it was described as a strategic move to compell DR to buy 300K barrels of crude daily from Nigeria.

5. What alternative plans would the nation have so we don't get over reliant on this sole refinery especially that it's run on a single train?Importing option (buying from EU or Asia, that has been used for decades will still be open for use. Secondly, modular and other refineries should spring up.

1 Like

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Tareq1105: 8:04pm On May 23, 2023
Obi cannot even answer the question as someone that understand the economy.

This is shameful.

It's like the only thing Obi understand and know too well is trading. And I'm not surprised bcoz he always ay he's a trader.

If Obi couldn't tell Nigeria and Nigerians the effects of Dangote refinery on prices of petroleum products then Nigerians should congratulate themselves for averting the disaster of Obi presidency.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by THeUNIFIER: 8:05pm On May 23, 2023
post=123323547:
PandoraObi don drop quote.

Heeeyyyaaaahhhh.
Na true u talk o....
(The ipob wings of obedient are going thru a lot,
Not the sensible one among them that have moved on,
For those terrorists wing ,
na dat "a lot" to wounjure dem one by one,
While we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians move on to prosper in the land.

On a lighter note......

Those who fail to learn from the past are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past. For how long will you continue in this willful blindness? Of everything you have accused Mr. Obi of, your preferred candidate has much worse and yet he remains pristine in your eyes. Tell me, is Tinubu not the bigger thief, liar, ethnic and religious bigot?
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by sunboy(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2023
Lol we already know, that got attracted to Lagos because of Tinubu’s foresight. Baba just want to stay relevant sha, keep malice you no gree.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Allisgud: 8:13pm On May 23, 2023
Jakpon:
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the Executive Governor of Lagos State was the brain behind the Lekki Free Trade Zone. This excellent economic initiative gave birth to The Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Deep Seaport and Dangote Refinery.

Isn't it hilarious that Peter obi, a man under whose watch as the Governor of Anambra, could only attract the investment of a brewery to his state, now wants to be the President of Nigeria as oppose to Tinubu whose achievemt far exceeds his.

Mr obi, Nigeria no be Anambra. Tinubu na your Papa. You yourself use your eyes see say Dangote Refinery wey dey for Tinubu's Lagos no be like the Sabmiller Brewery beer parlour wey u build for your people for Anambra because say you think say dem be drunkards
always throwing thrash
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by ceragon123: 8:14pm On May 23, 2023
By now I would have been seeing long texts from some people but they now give out short responses to important issues.

God dey. As you are keeping quite with this robbery of the people's mandate, you will be judged by the Almighty God himself.

As you continue to say "actually Obi tried but he does have the spread and that he is propagating IPOB agenda and that he should not throw the country into crisis where people will be killed and that he should cool down and wait for his turn", may you be judged quickly.

Many of the intelligent people here on nairaland have gone underground. So shameful that many of you will still not say the truth. You keep quite and resign to fate and prayer. What about works of our hands?

So many of them are shallow, crass and empty on the critical matters and issues

Chai
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by plaindealer: 8:17pm On May 23, 2023
Pandora clown, how much foreign exchange are you saving with your ipob beer?

Your mates are building serious and credible things, while you diverted public funds to fund a common beer factory as if your people were dying and begging for beer to get drunk.

Dangote invested his billions in his refinery while you stashed and hide your billions in a secret foreign pandora bank account gathering dust, money that is unused, unproductive to Nigeria and the people of Anambra that you swindled it from.

Why not be like Dangote by investing the money you are hiding in Pandora to create jobs for your own people in Anambra?

Clowns like Obi talk so many games about poverty, production and other rubbish while refusing to lift a finger to do what they preach especially considering the fact that have the money and the resources to help.

They brag that they have oil, that they are the richest in Nigeria, the smartest, the most intelligent, the most industrious, sadly, when you look at the SE, it's the most unproductive region in Nigeria, a region where terrorists decide when to go to work or sit at home, terrorists in Obi's Anambra determines the economic well being, future, and destiny of Anambra and the people of SE.

Below is what they do to Dangote's trucks and businesses in Obi's Anambra, evil acts committed by the same terrorists Obi called his friends and neighbors.

Obi is the worst thing that ever happened to Igbo people, they just don't know because of their usual tribal and self-destructive mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Gentew(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2023
Feintline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1XBYO2Z8c

That is for the consumption of Obidient.... We the sane Nigerians already knows that!!!

So tell us something we don't know before.
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by plaindealer: 8:18pm On May 23, 2023
Seriously, what made Obi put Biafra label on his beer?

How clannish can this man get..?
Re: Peter obi: Dangote refinery will give us Additional Savings On Foreign Exchange by Kingcalls: 8:19pm On May 23, 2023
Jakpon:
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the Executive Governor of Lagos State was the brain behind the Lekki Free Trade Zone. This excellent economic initiative gave birth to The Eko Atlantic City, Lekki Deep Seaport and Dangote Refinery.

Isn't it hilarious that Peter obi, a man under whose watch as the Governor of Anambra, could only attract the investment of a brewery to his state, now wants to be the President of Nigeria as oppose to Tinubu whose achievemt far exceeds his.

Mr obi, Nigeria no be Anambra. Tinubu na your Papa. You yourself use your eyes see say Dangote Refinery wey dey for Tinubu's Lagos no be like the Sabmiller Brewery beer parlour wey u build for your people for Anambra because say you think say dem be drunkards

Lalasticlala Mukina2 Dominique seun....another tribal bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Sule Lamido Returns To Nigeria / Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty / Adamawa Rerun: INEC Announcement Of Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.