Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? (9603 Views)

Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado / Products You Really Regret Buying. / Girls Do You Shave Your Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by micawber(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
Whether they do need it, or not; Nothing Sprinkle me!
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by gudhrt: 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
I prefer natural beauty, there's something very sexy about it. ask the guys. It makes one look neat too
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by zumbigbo(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
OK. Now we enter serious discussion. My biggest gripe with a large majority (not all O!) of Naija women is that make-up is applied too liberally. In the quest for western concepts of beauty all kinds of foundation, mascara etc, are caked on, in the wild belief that they feel it makes them look better.
When I see no/minimal make-up, and natural skin is allowed to breath, it just looks a lot better!
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
I dont use make up and my hubby dont like it: not that he is that born again. i  dont believe in it for the bible describe a woman who depend on make up to look beautiful as jezebeel. the beauty of a woman is reflected in her behaviour. Let your moderation be reflected in your dressing, character and relationship, then your beauty will spring up and blossom. As for me, am not into make ups and i never felt am not beautiful as am being appreciated always for being natural.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Blackteeth(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
Honestly without make up most ladies will look so fuckgly. Men have gotten used to the sight of that fake beauty.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by iwemfoo: 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
I dont wear makeup, only vaseline on my lips. Will wear it on my wedding day though, and take his breath away :-)
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by ARareGem(f): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^lol

Personally, all I use is a lip gloss and powder and I'm good to go. I consider it tasking to even apply the powder and gloss, talk more of foundation and the rest. I don't think we really need make-up, but some ladies that I've seen (God forgive me lipsrsealed) desperately need it shocked (that is, in moderation).
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by weaseloo: 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
I am honestly surprised at the number of women that do not like or use makeup.

Anyway, for me, even though I am not a makeup freak, I know that I need it. I use eyeliner, lip liner, lipstick(very light) with lip gloss, brown powder and occasionally foundation. All in moderation. Though I don't usually have time to apply all these everyday. I always get reminded that I am not wearing make up when I see other ladies that are wearing make up.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
The more you use makeup, the more your face is dependent on it.

Those who started out NOT using it growing up tend to have better natural skin.

I once did a play where I had to put on makeup everyday for just a week.
The day I stopped, my face started peeling. Glad that's long been fixed  embarassed

true story.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Princek12(m): 12:35am On Nov 01, 2011
If you are an ugly girl, you must wear makeup.

If you are a beautiful girl, especially if you have good skin, you may wear makeup.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by eridah2007(m): 12:50am On Nov 01, 2011
Blackteeth:

Honestly without make up most ladies will look so fuckgly. Men have gotten used to the sight of that fake beauty.

Speak for urself my friend  undecided
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Jenifa1: 12:51am On Nov 01, 2011
It enhances beauty (when applied skillfully). Every woman wants to be beautiful.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by eridah2007(m): 12:54am On Nov 01, 2011
[size=25pt]GBAM!!![/size]
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Anextin(f): 4:34am On Nov 01, 2011
uh uh uh naija. Suddenly most babes are claiming of using jussssssst lipgloss and mascara. Even someone i know here is claming to only like it on other people. Hmmm na wah. Abeg who are dis chicks who wear heavy make all the time. If its not u, then am left wondering as to who it is
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 4:39am On Nov 01, 2011
Anextin:

uh uh uh naija. Suddenly most babes are claiming of using jussssssst lipgloss and mascara. Even someone i know here is claming to only like it on other people. Hmmm na wah. Abeg who are dis chicks who wear heavy make all the time. If its not u, then am left wondering as to who it is

Easy to spot liars.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nymphnode(m): 5:02am On Nov 01, 2011
Jenifa_:

It enhances beauty (when applied skillfully). Every woman wants to be beautiful.
SIMPLE!
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 6:36am On Nov 01, 2011
Enhance beauty? you mean all that paintings is just to enhance which beauty? at the end of the day, if you're still ugly, you're still going to be ugly, you can't hide it, even if you do, you won't be able to hide it on your ugly kids grin
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by pkv(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2011
freshcvv:

Enhance beauty? you mean all that paintings is just to enhance which beauty? at the end of the day, if you're still ugly, you're still going to be ugly, you can't hide it, even if you do, you won't be able to hide it on your ugly kids grin
hahahaha!u funny o
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by mochame(f): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2011
i have never been a fan of make up but recently i have picked up interest because you can do whatever you want with it. you can go lighter, heavy, or moderate. or sometimes you could be really dramatic in its use. i love art and i think anybody applying make up should use it depending on what she wants to achieve.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2011
mocha_me:

i have never been a fan of make up but recently i have picked up interest because you can do whatever you want with it. you can go lighter, heavy, or moderate. or sometimes you could be really dramatic in its use. i love art and i think anybody applying make up should use it depending on what she wants to achieve.

Just like chameleon and masquerade?
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by honsule(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2011
The summary of the matter is this: we are complete in christ Col 2:10.But if u know u are not complete,you can make up.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by sylve11: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2011
lol grin cool
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by biilwwu(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2011
Make -up is make -believe, i don't approach ladies in make-up ,i will rather try and locate you early in the morning before you put on the make-up.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Fancier(f): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2011
Mehn!!! you need to see one of my colleague, then you will never appreciate make ups. In fact you will immediately start having nausea like a pregnant woman, and the funny part is she feels so so fly and beautiful. I sometimes wonder what the boyfriend say about this. 24/7 adjustment of makeup.

Anyway as for me, i use to make up, then very light mascara, brown powder and lip gloss. But now, Strictly natural. I got this sweet lips and smoky eyes that when i apply mascara on it, then i will look more[b] Jezebel[/b], so i had to avoid and minimize attention and false attraction to myself. Am naturally beautiful (Morally, Physically and otherwise) so i don't need make up to remind of that, am really enjoying it.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by venchi: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2011
girls don't need makeup because had wonderfully made them and ha given them their beauty
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Fancier(f): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2011
venchi:

girls don't need makeup because GOD had wonderfully made them and have given them their beauty

Well Said cool cool cool
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2011
Fancier:

Mehn!!! you need to see one of my colleague, then you will never appreciate make ups. In fact you will immediately start having nausea like a pregnant woman, and the funny part is she feels so so fly and beautiful. I sometimes wonder what the boyfriend say about this. 24/7 adjustment of makeup.

Anyway as for me, i use to make up, then very light mascara, brown powder and lip gloss. But now, Strictly natural. I got this sweet lips and smoky eyes that when i apply mascara on it, then i will look more[b] Jezebel[/b], so i had to avoid and minimize attention and false attraction to myself. Am naturally beautiful (Morally, Physically and otherwise) so i don't need make up to remind of that, am really enjoying it.

hmmm, you never knew you had a very sweet lips and smoky eyes before abi? when you were busy wearing those costumes then abi? can you really swear that you don't wear make up? prove this by posting a pix of yourself on your profile, a recent pix, infact take it with your phone right now and prove to the whole world you're STRICTLY NATURAL.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Fancier(f): 11:41am On Nov 01, 2011
hmmm, you never knew you had a very sweet lips and smoky eyes before abi? when you were busy wearing those costumes then abi? can you really swear that you don't wear make up? prove this by posting a pix of yourself on your profile, a recent pix, infact take it with your phone right now and prove to the whole world you're STRICTLY NATURAL.

IN fact i was busy masquerading myself calling it beauty, thank God i realize on time. As for the eyes, Have always known i have a sexy eyes cos its runs in the family, kind of our badge, but usually make it very sexy by applying makeups to it. And as for the lips, I later knew from friends that tease me with it "Baby rounded portable lips". I really don't like flaunting my beauty cos have got the aura that sprays it around which is my Humility. So I dont need a pix to prove that to you dear. wink wink wink
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Guardian(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2011
ONLY UGLY Women need MAKEUP.

SADLLY Quite a number of 9aija women are.

The one that amuses me the most is the eyelash one waoooh some look like special breed of CATS !!smiley)

Other get their eye lids glued together in the process.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2011
Fancier:

IN fact i was busy masquerading myself calling it beauty, thank God i realize on time. As for the eyes, Have always known i have a sexy eyes cos its runs in the family, kind of our badge, but usually make it very sexy by applying makeups to it. And as for the lips, I later knew from friends that tease me with it "Baby rounded portable lips". I really don't like flaunting my beauty cos have got the aura that sprays it around which is my Humility. So I dont need a pix to prove that to you dear. wink wink wink

Nah, nah, nah, lemme be the judge, you cant be the defendant and the judge at the same time, which kind court be that one?
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by DaDoctor: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
LADIES AND MAKE UP? KAIIII!!

NATURAL BEAUTY NO LONGER TAKES THE UPPER STAGE.

SINCERELY, IF U SEE SOME LADIES WITHOUT MAKE UP, YOU WOULD SCAMP FOR HELP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

QUEENZHAIR||Massive End of year Sales on human hair extensions!!!! / (pics) : Tonto Dikeh Pees On Herself. / Warning To The Ladies - Engine Oil Is Very Corrosive On Your Hair!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.