Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Products You Really Regret Buying. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Products You Really Regret Buying. (44782 Views)

... / Reviews On Stretchmark Products You Have Used / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 4:09am On Jan 31, 2010
Don't know if this has been done before. But, I'm really curious. What are the products you've bought and thought, "gosh, I really wasted my money.", or products you've bought that made you breakout, or didn't blend well, or something, you know what I mean, right?

People, don't be offended if a product you really love makes it here, it's not about you, we are all different, it makes us unique. What works for you may not work for me, you know how it is.

I'll start this off with some of mine.

I bought these & returned them:
-Maybelline NY Mineral Powder concealer: It didn't conceal anything., too cakey for my liking.
-L'Oreal True Match Powder: The reviews of this product were quite good, I really wanted to love it, but I DIDN'T. Don't know why, but it didn't do it for me. Really love how it looks though.
-Love My Nails Nail Color: Looked fake, unoriginal & cheap to me.

I bought, hated, but didn't return it:
-L'Oreal Touch-On color: This can be used on your lips, cheeks, and eyes. I didn't love it, but I didn't take it back to the store. It'll prob come in handy one day (I hope).

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 4:19am On Jan 31, 2010
Kim Kardashian Eau de Parfum Spray: Thankfully, I didn't have to go through the trauma of buying this awful product and wasting my money going back to the store to return it. I got a couple of free samples at Sephora and this was one of them. Oh my gosh, the smell is really awful. I couldn't stand my scent (smell), and I felt nothing but pity for the people sitting next to me @ church. I can't describe how it smells, apart from the fact that it smells really strong, cheap & old. Reminds me of the wierd smelling stuff that is advertised on the roadside in Naija markets, it's really awful.

I love KK and I find it really strange that she would have a perfume that smells this horrible.

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2010
Gosh where do I  begin? grin grin

1.Mary kay products- Stay away from this product if you want to avoid cystic acne
2.Clean and clear black head scrub- Some of the beads from the wash remain in the facial pores for days and exacerbate the problem
3.Maybelline Great lash mascara- Its just black colour for the eyes, provides no length or thickness whatsoever
4.Most Drugstore mascaras- They are usually crap

1 Like

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by madlady(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2010
I am a Mascara freak, I still have not found a replacement to the wonderful lancome kerecil. I hate most of the new mascaras on the market.

Filament mascaras are the worst, they make your eyelashes look like GARDEN BROOMS thick and dry, nasty angry angry angry
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Gosh where do I  begin? grin grin

1.Mary kay products- Stay away from this product if you want to avoid cystic acne
2.Clean and clear black head scrub- Some of the beads from the wash remain in the facial pores for days and exacerbate the problem
3.Maybelline Great lash mascara- Its just black colour for the eyes, provides no length or thickness whatsoever
4.Most Drugstore mascaras- They are usually crap

That ought to have made it to my list. That's what I've noticed about it, but I'm still using it atm cos I don't really need lengthening, more volume never hurts. But, what I really hate is that it clumps soooo easily. I've been busy but I'm soon starting my quest for that amazing mascara.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2010
shilling:

That ought to have made it to my list. That's what I've noticed about it, but I'm still using it atm cos I don't really need lengthening, more volume never hurts. But, what I really hate is that it clumps soooo easily. I've been busy but I'm soon starting my quest for that amazing mascara.
I wonder why make up artists keep saying its their favorite mascara? My search ended a long time ago and it was unsuccessful. So im saving my money grin. I use Loreal Voluminois in carbon black or Max factor 2000 calories and so far so good i.e decent volume and length. smiley
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2010
I'll try those.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by oge4real(f): 12:22am On Feb 01, 2010
Clean and Clear morning burst astringent, supposed to be called "acne burst".
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2010
oge4real:

Clean and Clear morning burst astringent, supposed to be called "acne burst".
Gosh I remember using this thinking it was going to give me fresh, dewy glowing skin, wrong it messed me up. Well its my fault for wanting to ty new products grin
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by spoilt(f): 2:40am On Feb 01, 2010
madlady:

I am a Mascara freak, I still have not found a replacement to the wonderful lancome kerecil. I hate most of the new mascaras on the market.

Filament mascaras are the worst, they make your eyelashes look like GARDEN BROOMS thick and dry, nasty angry angry angry

Funny as heck!

Anyway I used Marykay Timewise Night solution. I cant even describe the wierd breakout I had. I stopped immediately.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 01, 2010
I was talking about it a while ago, about how good it was. But now, it just sucks. She was the last bottle of celebrity perfume I bought.

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 01, 2010
Anything by clean and clear lipsrsealed I really need to watch how I spend money. Most of these things end up in the trash

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 01, 2010
Euphoria by Calvin Klein. Waste of money

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by oluite(f): 8:41am On Feb 01, 2010
i av a smooth but oily face and i usually dont use anytin on my face so a friend said i said to use clenser or astrigents(whatever they ar called)so i used eden cleanser.i neva had such massive pimples in my entire life,i stopped using it immediately.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by NnamdiN: 9:32am On Feb 01, 2010
All of Una get money ooh!!! Chai, Ma galfriend don suffer,I dey buy am vaseline and tura soap come dey claim champion on top.I hope she never gets to see this thread else I'd be girlfriend hunting soon.

2 Likes

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2010
NnamdiN:

All of Una get money ooh!!! Chai, Ma galfriend don suffer,I dey buy am vaseline and tura soap come dey claim champion on top.I hope she never gets to see this thread else I'd be girlfriend hunting soon.

That's really hilarious!!
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by parislomo(f): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2010
Well nothing ever seems to work for me and I don't seem to bother. . But sometimes when forced, I just always REGRET money wasted. . . I'v got so many unfinished fashion products lying around!! ¤¤shakes head¤¤

1 Like

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2010
Oh wow, didn't even realize that I made the front page. Thanks - whoever is in charge of that haha!! I'd have phrased it a lil bit differently but thanks all the same smiley
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by zeedee(f): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2010
Gave me tiny little rashes on my face. . And my face always felt sticky, even after rinsing and rinsing.

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Ultrame(m): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2010
Obsession By Calvin Klein. That perfume s.u.cks.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by queenesthr(f): 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2010
Dr Miracles Hair Cream - cut my hair from the roots.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by zeedee(f): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
queenesthr:

Dr Miracles Hair Cream - cut my hair from the roots.

For real? I've been using the Temple and Nape Growth Cream and I haven't noticed anything positive or negative so maybe it's actually cutting my hair too?
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Pittbaby(f): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
I concur on the mary Kay comment , Add Proactiv to my list to harsh for sensitive skin and Maybelline Foundation, forget the acne i got after a few weeks of use, still trying to clear up the spots one year later . Neutrogena for life
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
I so luv aeropostale perfume. I'm rocking it right now. Makes me think of things, Lol
as for beauty products, its been trial and error ever since. I tried d facial mask frm jerusalem (dead sea mud) and it burnt a side of my face.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by whiteroses(f): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
this right here, mary kay hand set is a blatant money waster, it cost me £45 and its all hands product, all this to get a scrawny ashy old hands angry

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by mafolayomi(f): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2010
mary kay foundation and the powder, pple keep telling me i have not bought original, i keep going from one store to another, i only want to make sure i finish with the one i have with presently, i will never ever by any designer make up again, same thing for avon wet lipstick and their eye pencil.

As for mary kay foundation and powder, as soon as finish making up, say like 5 to 10mins, u wont believe it yrself that u used marykay, those that uses cheap products will even look far better. as for the avon wet lipstick, that one does not even last up to 3 mins on yr lip, it would just clear up. as for the eye pencil, infact the 50 naira davis is far far better, it breaks like shit, and wont even show on yr eye brow. as for me ooooooo, i have made up my mind. undecided
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by parislomo(f): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
mafolayomi:

same thing for avon wet lipstick and their eye pencil.
. undecided

Really?? I love AVON *glazewear clear* lip gloss. . . It's the best I'v used so far! Maybe you should do away with the STICK and click on the GLOSS. . .

Mary Kay just doesn't hold much for me either. . . **continues shaking of head**
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by DeepSoul(f): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
Sometimes, like now, I wonder if and why I'm a woman. lol. Una well done oh!
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by semid4lyfe(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
Aaah, even me sef get experience if na that one. . . . . . . .a few years ago, I had dandruff in my hair and I bought this Heads & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo (then they had this fine, glossy advert running on tv). I used it every day (morning & night) for like a month but still the dandruff no gree go & I didn't see any sign of improvement. Luckily for me, I told a friend and he was like 'that thing na just hype and e no dey work jare, get Damatol medicated sulphur-based hair ointment instead. Next day I skinned my hair, bought the damatol ointment and applied it to my scalp and in about a week my dandruff was gone. Funny thing is the damatol cost me just N80 then while the yeye head & shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo cost me a few hundred bucks.
Lesson learnt- some of these oyinbo products na just hype and ain't always the best, lol.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by emmablow11(m): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
Anyone here really tried proactive-does it work?

Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by shilling(f): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
whiteroses:

this right here, mary kay hand set is a blatant money waster, it cost me £45 and its all hands product, all this to get a  scrawny ashy old hands angry

You should try the Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream, it's good.

semid4lyfe:

Funny thing is the damatol cost me just N80 then while the yeye head & shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo cost me a few hundred bucks.
Lesson learnt- some of these oyinbo products na just hype and ain't always the best, lol. 

Sooooo true!!

Pittbaby:

I concur on the mary Kay comment, Add Proactiv  to my list to harsh for sensitive skin and Maybelline Foundation, forget the acne i got after a few weeks of use, still trying to clear up the spots one year later . Neutrogena for life

I'm guessing if you have sensitive skin, you wouldn't want to.
Re: Products You Really Regret Buying. by eniola1310(f): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
mac studio fix powder .
sleek translucent powder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Wore To My Sister's Wedding Yesterday / Denrele's Outfit To Tiwa And Tee Billz Traditional Marriage / Female Corper's Amazing Weight Loss After 7 Months Fitness Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.