Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,636 members, 7,844,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Where Are My Christian People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are My Christian People (257 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / I Need Help Please Mixing My Christian Life And Relationship. / My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are My Christian People by stevo123(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2023
I want us to discuss this teaching, because I can see that this teaching are really misleading youths of these days...

Let me say some pastor says. When you follow the instructions of our lord Jesus Christ you go to heaven, but if you did not you go to hell...

Please before you criticize me here, I just want us to share our own wisdom and knowledge on this so we can learn from each other...

Firstly: The book of ECCLESIASTES 12: vs 7 says . And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

My question on this is; where is this thing Ghost come in. Cuz I believe when the body which is the dust returns to the earth, and the spirit which is the air we are breathing returns to God. Then what form the Ghost...

Secondly: The book of revelation 21 vs 1. Says
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

In this bible verse we never heard that there was a New hell fire or the First hell fire.

So are we saying it is the devil that create Hell fire? Because I believe if it is God that create Hell fire, then there should be a New hell fire.

PLEASE YOUR OPINION ON THIS πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: Where Are My Christian People by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:
β–  I want us to discuss this teaching, because I can see that this teaching are really misleading youths of these days...Let me say some pastor says. When you follow the instructions of our lord Jesus Christ you go to heaven, but if you did not you go to hell...Please before you criticize me here, I just want us to share our own wisdom and knowledge on this so we can learn from each other... Firstly: The book of ECCLESIASTES 12: vs 7 says . And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. My question on this is; where is this thing Ghost come in. Cuz I believe when the body which is the dust returns to the earth, and the spirit which is the air we are breathing returns to God. Then what form the Ghost...
β–  Secondly: The book of revelation 21 vs 1. Says And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. In this bible verse we never heard that there was a New hell fire or the First hell fire. So are we saying it is the devil that create Hell fire? Because I believe if it is God that create Hell fire, then there should be a New hell fire. PLEASE YOUR OPINION ON THIS πŸ™πŸ™
1. The breath of life which God breathed in to man when He created Him - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7 - the same breath of Life which God also breathed into all living things - Genesis 7 vs 15 - is the spirit that returns to God when a man dies and perishes in his grave - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided

2. Hellfire does not exist on Earth. Rather it is found inside of the Kingdom of God, the same place where Heaven is also located - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: Where Are My Christian People by stevo123(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The breath of life which God breathed in to man when He created Him - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7 - the same breath of Life which God also breathed into all living things - Genesis 7 vs 15 - is the spirit that returns to God when a man dies and perishes in his grave - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided

2. Hellfire does not exist on Earth. Rather it is found inside of the Kingdom of God, the same place where Heaven is also located - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

I will go through this bible verses you give here and get back to you. Thanks πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Where Are My Christian People by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:
β–  I will go through this bible verses you give here and get back to you. Thanks πŸ‘
I should add that those who are born-again do not perish in the grave because, by virtue of being born-again, they acquire eternal life meaning the spirit Of Life does not abandon their bodies after death. undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Are My Christian People by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:
I want us to discuss this teaching, because I can see that this teaching are really misleading youths of these days...

Let me say some pastor says. When you follow the instructions of our lord Jesus Christ you go to heaven, but if you did not you go to hell...

Please before you criticize me here, I just want us to share our own wisdom and knowledge on this so we can learn from each other...

Firstly: The book of ECCLESIASTES 12: vs 7 says . And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

My question on this is; where is this thing Ghost come in. Cuz I believe when the body which is the dust returns to the earth, and the spirit which is the air we are breathing returns to God. Then what form the Ghost...

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

In this bible verse we never heard that there was a New hell fire or the First hell fire.

So are we saying it is the devil that create Hell fire? Because I believe if it is God that create Hell fire, then there should be a New hell fire.

The problem here is misrepresentation!

The first religionists that came to Africa claiming Christians weren't Christians because they knew nothing about God's Kingdom and what the Bible really teach.

All these questions has been answered by the real disciples of Christ Jehovah's Witnesses.

Let me just give one sample:
The Hebrew word translated "Hell" is "Sheoul" it simply means "Grave" due to the fact that Jesus used illustrations in teaching his audience {Matthew 13:13, 34} most Bible readers took the terms he used literally that's why they're thinking there's a place where people will be tormented alive in fire.
But this is what the God of Abraham said:

"The Jews have built a place to torment their sons and daughters in the fire, i didn't command such a thing and it has not come up into my heart" Jeremiah 7:31

Ghosts are not dead people but rebellious angels that God has sacked in heaven these creatures are now working with Satan to make people believe that God lied about death.
Remember God told Adam that he will die if he disobey God {Genesis 2:17} and Satan told Eve that they will not really die {Genesis 3:4} surely Adam and Eve have died and returned to none existence but Satan wants their descendants to continue living in fear of the dead that's why demons are pretending to be dead people but the truth is that those who have died can't remember anything after death because all their memories has gone! Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

So whatever you can do while you're alive try your best because there's no work or knowledge in the grave! Ecclesiastes 9:10

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

1 Like

Re: Where Are My Christian People by stevo123(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The problem here is misrepresentation!

The first religionists that came to Africa claiming Christians weren't Christians because they knew nothing about God's Kingdom and what the Bible really teach.

All these questions has been answered by the real disciples of Christ Jehovah's Witnesses.

Let me just give one sample:
The Hebrew word translated "Hell" is "Sheoul" it simply means "Grave" due to the fact that Jesus used illustrations in teaching his audience {Matthew 13:13, 34} most Bible readers took the terms he used literally that's why they're thinking there's a place where people will be tormented alive in fire.
But this is what the God of Abraham said:

"The Jews have built a place to torment their sons and daughters in the fire, i didn't command such a thing and it has not come up into my heart" Jeremiah 7:31

Ghosts are not dead people but rebellious angels that God has sacked in heaven these creatures are now working with Satan to make people believe that God lied about death.
Remember God told Adam that he will die if he disobey God {Genesis 2:17} and Satan told Eve that they will not really die {Genesis 3:4} surely Adam and Eve have died and returned to none existence but Satan wants their descendants to continue living in fear of the dead that's why demons are pretending to be dead people but the truth is that those who have died can't remember anything after death because all their memories has gone! Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

So whatever you can do while you're alive try your best because there's no work or knowledge in the grave! Ecclesiastes 9:10

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

The same thing my mum told me....
Re: Where Are My Christian People by Emusan(m): 9:16pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:

Well not only youth will be misled but many who don't know how to study their Bible.

This is the first misconception, "Pastor says..."

Did you confirm what the Pastor says with the scripture?

Jesus Himself says "People will be going to hell" so not what any pastor says on his/her own.

Spirit isn't air! Reason why scientists haven't known the nature of spirit but air nature is known.

So when the Bible says Spirit returned to God, Yes! That's how it is and it's only God through His righteous judgement decided the final abode for the evil spirits that returned to Him.

Many verses in the scripture that boldly speak about Hell Fire:

Matthew 13:50 - "and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 18:8 - β€œIf your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire."

Matthew 25:41 - β€œThen He will also say to those on His left, β€˜Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;"

Matthew 18:9 - "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell."

Luke 16:24 - "And he cried out and said, β€˜Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’

Mark 9:48 - "where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched."

The only excuse to reject all these verses, is if you decided to make them say what they didn't say. Without anybody confusing you, if you happen to read these verses ON YOUR OWN as an educated person, what will be your conclusion?

Actually, the same revelation Revelation 20:14 - "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire." spoke about Hell being cast into the lake of fire.

So, those who claims Hell means grave. Can the grave cast into the lake of fire?

If grave to be cast into the lake of fire then it means the whole earth will be inside.

No! Devil didn't create anything.

Instead the Bible made it clear that He'll fire was created for the Devil.

Matthew 25:41 - β€œThen He will also say to those on His left, β€˜Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;"

Don't let anyone deceive you.

Take Jesus own statement above any misleading interpretation.

When they want to deceive you, they say what Jesus says are not literal. Can you imagine that lie?
Re: Where Are My Christian People by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:

Is she one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
Re: Where Are My Christian People by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2023
stevo123:

Is she also one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
Re: Where Are My Christian People by stevo123(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is she also one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Yes o
Re: Where Are My Christian People by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:41am On May 25, 2023
stevo123:

Yes o

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

So you've gotten a daughter of the light close to you and you're here asking questions from those who are in darkness! Mark 6:4 undecided

Ọmọ i beg you go now and humble yourself in her presence so that you can gain the accurate knowledge of God's word. Where most people like you err greatly is expecting perfection from your relative who happens to find the truth. Your mom is not Jesus (perfect human) so she will err in so many things {Romans 7:15-25} but that doesn't mean she doesn't know the truth about God. You must study the Bible with her now as in now for your own future to be better. Don't think there's riches in any of these so called religions preaching prosperity it's all scam. Jesus clearly told us that we can't worship God and Mammon at the same time.
Well Mammon simply means the God of fortune so beware!
Re: Where Are My Christian People by stevo123(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

So you've gotten a daughter of the light close to you and you're here asking questions from those who are in darkness! Mark 6:4 undecided

Ọmọ i beg you go now and humble yourself in her presence so that you can gain the accurate knowledge of God's word. Where most people like you err greatly is expecting perfection from your relative who happens to find the truth. Your mom is not Jesus (perfect human) so she will err in so many things {Romans 7:15-25} but that doesn't mean she doesn't know the truth about God. You must study the Bible with her now as in now for your own future to be better. Don't think there's riches in any of these so called religions preaching prosperity it's all scam. Jesus clearly told us that we can't worship God and Mammon at the same time.
Well Mammon simply means the God of fortune so beware!

Thanks I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pastors May Never Understand How Tough It Is For Members To Do This / PLEASE ADVISE-- My Dad Died A Pastor / Re: True Christian Wife Wanted (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.