Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! (10442 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Rubyjade: 5:37pm On May 24, 2023
Not all Job Offers are destined to be your next big move!

Pray for your next employment,
Pray that it is a good place,
Pray that you don't leave a good place for a toxic place,
Pray that you truly should make the right move,
One wrong move can alter the plans of your life!

No matter how juicy some offers are, if your spirit does not give you the go-ahead don't take such offers.

Not all juicy offers are good, some are death traps. Pray before going for the interviews, and pray before accepting a job offer.

I know at least 4 people who took juicy offers and their lives changed for the worse.

Case 1
Dota (not his real name) got a new job offer that required him to make out-of-station travels, his previous job did not offer him such an opportunity. 3 months into his new job, he was traveling on an official assignment by road because it was a short distance, he had an accident and lost his two legs. Long story short...he was fired despite his predicament.

Case 2
Chike (not his real name) got a very juicy offer where he would be paid in dollars, he was earning 850k net salary in his previous place of work so this new place was a jump on. Five months in his new place, he found some shady things. Long story short, he and the CEO were arrested, as they were in a Ponzi scheme business.

Case 3
Blessings (not her real name) got an offer like everyone else she was happy. 6 months into this new place, she was an exceptional employee, there was a conspiracy against her that was so dirty, they somehow cooked up false evidence that led to her employment being terminated and her professional reputation tarnished-along with the trauma.

Case 4
Joyce (not her real name) got a new offer after six months of confirmation, she became ill and needed to use her HMO. On getting to the hospital her plan did not cover the illness, and before the family could round for the required funds, she had passed on.

Some offers are death traps! Pray well before accepting any offer. A seemingly stale career is better than no career at all.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Wodu89: 5:48pm On May 24, 2023
Some offers are death traps !

8 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Oyindamolah: 5:55pm On May 24, 2023
Case 4 was exactly my cousins case. These are actually very true, not all job offers are big move.

A colleague of mine left our organization with Leave allowance (but you don't go on leave)
13th month with a bag of rice
Housing once every 2 years
Productivity allowance
Pension
HMO
Salary 100k
Mondays - Fridays

To another organization that will pay 350k with HMO, NHF & leave allowance( you go for leave) Monday to Saturday. After first 8 months of paying him 350k, they dropped the offer to 60k reason being that they company is not making money.

Shine your eyes

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by ifeanyija(m): 7:17pm On May 24, 2023
Motivation speaker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by slawomir: 7:17pm On May 24, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Story

I see better job I go grab am wether my spirits agree or not

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Mopolchi: 7:18pm On May 24, 2023
Agreed. Some are even demeaning angry

3 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by NwaNimo1(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2023
Especially non govt works,,,,,

5 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Pwettylinda(f): 7:18pm On May 24, 2023
Buhari is disaster undecided

Tinubu is a waste of resources and time undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by ecolime(m): 7:20pm On May 24, 2023
Some offers are death traps! Pray well before accepting any offer. A seemingly stale career is better than no career at all.

So apt!

Man's understanding will always be limited so we need to consult Almighty God who knows the end from the beginning.

Your friends dey JAPA, your friends dey go FINTECH, etc so you wanna join the bandwagon... Have you ever paused and ask God for clear direction regarding your life/career? With God leading you, you can never go wrong.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Waffarianman(m): 7:20pm On May 24, 2023
Wodu89:
Some offers are death traps !

Lol 😂😆 true talk bro have escaped like 2 deaths trap job in my life.

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by isabi2lof: 7:20pm On May 24, 2023
God will help us

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by merits(m): 7:21pm On May 24, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=123342435][/quote]

How?
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by iamyemiakins(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2023
Motivational speaker don drop banger grin

4 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by bigdammyj: 7:22pm On May 24, 2023
Noted.
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by dauddy97(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2023
cheesy
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by marlow1962(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by flexyrule(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2023
Nigerians and prayers.

Pray...! Pray..!! Pray!!!

Pray to graduate.

Pray to get work.

Pray to receive salary.

Pray to spend the salary.

5 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by westlius(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Case 4 was exactly my cousins case. These are actually very true, not all job offers are big move.

A colleague of mine left our organization with Leave allowance (but you don't go on leave)
13th month with a bag of rice
Housing once every 2 years
Productivity allowance
Pension
HMO
Salary 100k
Mondays - Fridays

To another organization that will pay 350k with HMO, NHF & leave allowance( you go for leave) Monday to Saturday. After first 8 months of paying him 350k, they dropped the offer to 60k reason being that they company is not making money.

Shine your eyes
Chia his standard of living go just drop drastically

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Doremii: 7:29pm On May 24, 2023
You just said it all. I'm in a fix right now because I moved from one job with 100k pay to 200k. 4 months into d job,now my live is in a helll and I am even about to loose the job cos of conspiracy against me. It is like a trap. It is the greatest mistake I have made in my life. I'm so traumatised right. I pray God see me through.

32 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Skodrran(m): 7:33pm On May 24, 2023
Anything can occur to whosoever anywhere

I solely live on God's grace
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by MrMcJay(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2023
Reminds me of someone I know who left a Big 4 Accounting firm to join Visionscape as a top shot.

3 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Bishop7170: 7:34pm On May 24, 2023
[quote author=Doremii post=123344658]You just said it all. I'm in a fix right now because I moved from one job with 100k pay to 200k. 4 months into d job,now my live is in a helll and I am even about to loose the job cos of conspiracy against me. It is like a trap. It is the greatest mistake I have made in my life. I'm so traumatised right. I pray God see me through. [/quote

Amen

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Bbgbs23: 7:35pm On May 24, 2023
Soon somebody like you will come out to abuse our leaders.
This write atleast credit it to the person who wrote it or the source.. You're here like nothing happened.

Smh

8 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by coputa(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2023
A rolling stone gather no moss.Jumping from one job to another is akin to shooting oneself on the foot.

If you have a fairly modest job, stay put to ganer work experience and career growth while having your exit plan in focus.

When you stay in the dark for long, you will now begin to see light,of course nobody want to remain in servitude forever,so follow your exit plan judiciously and exit at the time when the ovation is loudest.

4 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Tjra: 7:37pm On May 24, 2023
True

Always look before you leap. Many have lived the rest of their lives in regret because they failed to do this.

2 Likes

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by West501(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Story

I see better job I go grab am wether my spirits agree or not

grin grin grin🙈
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Blackdisciple(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2023
But Issa stepping stone

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Generalwoodz(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2023
In all thy doing pray for a better tommorow.
Pray for a job you won't die on.

In other news: check my signature for goodies

1 Like

Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by Maj196(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2023
Na lie, man must still move
Re: Not All Job Offers Are Destined To Be Your Next Big Move! by coputa(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2023
flexyrule:
Nigerians and prayers.

Pray...! Pray..!! Pray!!!

Pray to graduate.

Pray to get work.

Pray to receive salary.

Pray to spend the salary.

All religion have their own God,the Chinese religion have their God as well, innovation and technological breakthrough cuts across races and different religion.

The greatest country in the universe is a Christian county but they still network with countries that practice other religion.

Other religion pray too, infact Muslims pray more than Christians,so, there's nothing wrong with prayers. Under development in Africa is not caused by religion or prayers but lack of common sense,

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efcc Aptitude Test / Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! / GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.