Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

did you ever read that User manual ? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / did you ever read that User manual ? (6166 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg's Epic Response To Darlene Loretto, A Facebook User / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Help With Sprint Htc Ppc 6800 User Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Wallie(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
George_D:

wallie,
make it a matter of habit to always read your manuals irrespective of whether the equipment
looks simple or not and you'll have less issues to worry about.

True only if the "issues" worry me. If I can't figure it out, I'll read the manual but there's no way in this world I would read a manual before trying to operate it unless it has a big red sign that says, "DANGER: Do not plug in, RTFM!". Then I might quickly browse through the first few pages :-)

George, 80% or more of the functionality of anything designed for an “average” user can be figured out without reading the manual. It is only when you need the other esoteric 20% that you need the manual.

Did you read the FAQ on this site, assuming there's one, before posting?
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Wallie(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2011
Can you imagine trying to check the oil in this engine bay? Or even trying to determine what type of oil you can use to top it off? This is where manual will come in handy :-)

Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by engrj(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2011
Because we are able and capable.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by AjanleKoko: 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2011
It's not Nigerians. It's just men.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by sley4life(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2011
i dont rily read manuals cos i have used almost a similar product b4.just like me reading manual of similar fones i have used
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
Wallie:

George, 80% or more of the functionality of anything designed for an “average” user can be figured out without reading the manual. It is only when you need the other esoteric 20% that you need the manual.

Did you read the FAQ on this site, assuming there's one, before posting?

wallie,
looks like we're belaboring the point but funny enough, to answer your question, yes i did
read the faq on this site when i first joined. maybe i'm not that much of a geek as i'm supposed
to be.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by wizard010(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
Thats true
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

It's not Nigerians. It's just men.

my sentiments exactly

ps how many of us ask for directions - esp when we're with the missus? cheesy
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by NoQualms1(f): 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2011
Well, it does not apply to everybody. I am a Nigerian and I just can't start to use any appliance without first reading its manual. Though, I can say that I've not met a lot of people that do that.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Mikael4(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=14pt]Ok! So how many Nigerians have you actually met to confirm this assertion? [/size]
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Ninilowo(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2011
Seeing people exhibiting that acts irritates me like mad. Even some educated fellows do the same. Kai!
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Gbenge77(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2011
@op,that was a hilarious example.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Texther(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
its TOO-KNOW that kills us in dis country.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by ikechukz(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2011
i but lots of stuff and i read the manual like 3 months after buying it only when i'm bored and don't have any other thing to do.the only way i can read a manual before operating an electronic is if i can't realy operate it.
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by sley4life(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
what a waste of time reading manual
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
yeah, its really a waste of time-especially when you think you know it all only to damage your precious gadget but later turn back to the manual to read how to get out of the jam you got yourself. wink
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by Wallie(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
Like I said earlier in the thread, I usually don't read manuals but I just bought a new car and I'm forced to break out the manual to use the gazillions of tech features that came with the car. Some car companies are even doing away with paper copy manuals and you have to get it from the NAV screen!
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by N101: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
@maclatunji

The irony of this is that many manuals come in PDF format or a Quick Start manual, and people STILL don't pay attention to those Even the lil pics that they provide for those who don't want to engage in all that plenty grammar people still ignore them. The first thing I do is look for the quick start manual. Then, if there's a PDF version of the full manual, I will put it on my phone or USB drive and take it with me to read later. You never know when knowing some functions will come in handy.

Someone bought a new touchscreen phone, but guess what? Not only did they not bother to look at the manual, they had no idea how to answer calls! I had to download the manual, read up that particularly function (very easy) and texted them the info. . .and then suggested they might want to look at the manual just in case they don't know how to do other things like check voicemail.

Some people
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
i guess its just a force of habit (not or not reading manual).

my led tv came with an electronic manual

but i still took time to read it! smiley
Re: did you ever read that User manual ? by ITbomb(m): 4:28am On Dec 08, 2011
like I said before , I can't read chinese

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Your Smartphone? / Please I Need Urgent Help With My Gionee Marathon M5 Plus, Anyone? / Top 5 Nigerian Apps For Tecno / Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.