Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! (351 Views)

Seyi Makinde In Dilemma … As Elites Put Pressure On Him Over Appointments / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage / 2019: Buhari In Dilemma Over Oshiomhole's Fate - New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Hiploko(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2023
Good day beautiful people of Nairaland,

Please my fiancee is in a dilemma and needs help. She works with a company and is a VERY KEY staff. However, payments from the payment company has been very inconsistent but her boss is asking her to stay because he is hopeful things will improve soon. Infact he is trying to emotionally blackmail her about betrayal and all.

The thing is she got a good job with a Fintech coy/MFB ( Fair****) in Nigeria with a very good offer. The offer is far better than what she has currently. She 100% wants to join the new company and give her 100% best but fears about stability knowing how volatile it is to work with all the new digital fintechs and banks......

If you were in her shoes what will you advice her to do please Is fair***** a good place to work?
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Wodu89: 3:29pm On May 25, 2023
The bosses emotions are intense and high.

She needs to withdraw her presence bit by bit not once to avert stories that touch, harm and problem.

Let her speak with a counselor or a pastor. Who would then speak with the boss counselling him aka replace her as he sees her as the only sure pillar of support

By substituting her role as his support with a clearly or counselor. He can transfer that desire to lean on a support to the counselor.

While she withdraws codedly. Let her fund the clergy calling and meeting the boss. Let them hold intermittent talks.

The role of the counselor would be to shape shift his focus, helping him transit through the sharp painful process slowly. To help him understand that he is going through a rough patch. And help him understand transition must occur and people who change during transitions

If she moves away too sharply. It's best she changes her residence cause that's danger. The man won't be mentally sound ATM to make sane decisions o
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Didijiji: 3:35pm On May 25, 2023
Hiploko:

Please my fiancee is in a dilemma and needs help. She works with one company and is a VERY KEY staff. However, payments from the payment company has been very inconsistent but her boss is asking her to stay because he is hopeful things will improve soon. Infact he is trying to emotionally blackmail her about betrayal and all.

The thing is she got a good job with a Fintech coy/MFB ( Fair****) in Nigeria with a very good offer. The offer is far better than what she has currently. She 100% wants to join the new company but fears about stability knowing how volatile it is to wrok with all the new digital fintechs and banks......

If you were in her shoes what will you advice her to do please Is fair***** a good place to work?
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Hiploko(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2023
Comments pls
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by travsco43: 3:47pm On May 25, 2023
If she's not happy where she is at, then she should leave and go to where she has a better offer.

About the new fintech company, what you should find out is how many years they have been in operation.

If up to 3-5 yrs, then there's nothing to be worried about.
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Hiploko(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2023
travsco43:
If she's not happy where she is at, then she should leave and go to where she has a better offer.

About the new fintech company, what you should find out is how many years they have been in operation.

If up to 3-5 yrs, then there's nothing to be worried about.
since 2017
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Earthstorms(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2023
Hiploko:

Please my fiancee is in a dilemma and needs help. She works with a company and is a VERY KEY staff. However, payments from the payment company has been very inconsistent but her boss is asking her to stay because he is hopeful things will improve soon. Infact he is trying to emotionally blackmail her about betrayal and all.

The thing is she got a good job with a Fintech coy/MFB ( Fair****) in Nigeria with a very good offer. The offer is far better than what she has currently. She 100% wants to join the new company and give her 100% best but fears about stability knowing how volatile it is to work with all the new digital fintechs and banks......

If she has already told her current boss that she wants to leave for the new job, then she should leave.

If she remains after putting in her resignation, the current boss might find a way to replace her soon and fire her.

But she needs to check her employment contract to ensure that nothing is written on it that prevents her from moving to this other company.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Hiploko(m): 4:00pm On May 25, 2023
Earthstorms:

If she has already told her current boss that she wants to leave for the new job, then she should leave.

If she remains after putting in her resignation, the current boss might find a way to replace her soon and fire her.

But she needs to check her employment contract to ensure that nothing is written on it that prevents her from moving to this other company.
Okay thank you
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by jackmrandy: 4:26pm On May 25, 2023
Hiploko:

i don't need to be in here shoes, because i have been there before. you don't need to attach emotions to things like this. thou it will look like betrayal to your boss, but you just have to remove emotions on your side from it.

and explain to him if he is someone who truely understands, he will let you go.

mine was with an indian boss, i almost cried because he begged and begged and i felt emotional, but i just had to look at where i am going and take the risk.
he knows quit alright about the standard of the company where we both are working, and yet he does not want to allow me go, and he was giving a future promise of what even me myself i know any moment anytime he can or company can send him back to his country, while i will still remain with patience and endurance in the hope that the company will work miracle in workers lives.

in summary, take the risk. na once man dey die.
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by Rebirth0510(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2023
Op when an employer want to sack you they don't think twice .life is all Abt risk .

My wife got a better offer two month into her new job I told her not to leave because she likes the place and beside we don't know what she will meet where she is going hence we rejected the offer .

A month after the boss begin to show her true self she resign exactly two month of letting go the good offer when the place become toxic

She stay at home for close to four month before she gets another offer

We learn our lesson and we make a rule together that no matter what no more emotional attachment to jobs again if good offer comes we go for it.

Our decision was put to test she got another job with an increment of 50k close to our house. the would be new employer like her and can't wait to see her resume, then another offer came with a better pay she was like I don't want to take it BLA BLA cos I have given my words to this person

I told her u remember our rules ba she later tell the man that he can't take the offer again

So she went for the new one

Two weeks after she took this new offer she got info that the company she rejected already struggling paying salaries hence they ask some new staff to leave

So brother life is all Abt risk and it should always be Abt the employee first

Wish you both all the best
Re: Someone Is In A Dilemma... Please Help!!! by travsco43: 8:17pm On May 25, 2023
Hiploko:
since 2017

Ah, then you don't have a problem.

The company has remained for this long.

(1) (Reply)

The Poor Will Remain Poor And The Rich May Continue To Stay Rich - Election 2023 / Tuc to list there demands from Presidency / Certificate Scandal: Kogi Indigenes Ask DSS, Others To Probe SDP Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.