Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku (30713 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by nairalandkachy1: 1:01pm On May 26, 2023
The Supreme Court's dismissal of the case of the @OfficialPDPNig is not a setback to my quest for justice. Our legal team are primed to robustly prove that the election of February 25 was fraudulent, did not comply with the constitutional requirements and the electoral guidelines of the Independent National Electoral Commission, @inecnigeria, and that the announced winner was not even qualified to contest the poll.

The battle for democracy and the enthronement of a new order to spur growth and development in Nigeria is one to which I have committed my all and for which I am not ready to walk away at this point when our nation is at crossroads. We know that sooner than later, our esteemed Justices will make the pronouncement that will serve as a befitting requiem for mandate bandits.

I urge my supporters to exercise patience and conduct themselves peaceably as we diligently conduct our litigation at the Presidential Election Tribunal Court. -AA

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1662065048854863872?t=Owi8vTgy5m7OYEJud-LTkg&s=19

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Tntsi: 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
What holds Nigeria as a country is about to be ripped apart.
This should be a source of worry to sane Nigerians becos of its corresponding consequences.

If we had a wise Judiciary who had the country Nigeria at heart, the constitutional 25% in the FCT would have been a first matter for them to quickly and urgently attend to .
Unfortunately the judiciary is looking like key partners with evil men to destroy Nigeria.

Anyway let's keep watching. I don't see a swearing in.

110 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by festacman(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2023
First, it is actually difficult to link the heading to the content of Atiku's tweet. Have read it several times.

Second, Atiku's inability to convince a candidate in that Borno State APC senatorial primaries to spearhead that court action showed that either he is conserving his money or his political juice as a versatile horse-trading politician has gone down too low. It also shows how weak PDP has become as a political force. It left Supreme Court with no other alternatives.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by inoki247: 1:06pm On May 26, 2023
Lol just dey play

Oga this election don go try again lata...

Otilo....

Democracy wasn't setback when Adeleke won at the Court, when the court nullify all APC Primary election in Zamfara amd Rivers state in 2019.....

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by GeneralPula: 1:07pm On May 26, 2023
Eyah

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by yarimo(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2023
A setback to Dubai landlord not Nigeria's democracy

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by savcy(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2023
Atiku was legit the worst of the trio in the last election. I hope he supports another candidate in 2027, because it's clear he exhausted his Aso Rock bundle in 2007.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by IMASTEX: 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
Okay
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by magabounce(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
The Nigeria you helped create!!!
Big man go hear am
Poor man too to hear am

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Corona22: 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
It’s Atiku’s fault that Tinubu is our president today. The division in PDP camp directly lead to the situation we’re in right now. If he could have found a way to appease both Wike and Obi and other disgruntled members of the party , I’m confident that PDP would have won. And don’t tell me it’s not possible because Tinubu , the master strategist that he is would have made peace one way or the other.
Anyways we don enter am. Hope President BAT tenure is favorable for me and my family.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by sonature1: 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
There's nothing the Supreme Court could have done about it. The best bet is to review electoral law to totally outlaw double nominations. If not, politicians will continue to pick forms for several positions simultaneously.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by BarrElChapo(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
Qaws
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Igboslayer: 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
See how Supreme court describe these people....PDP acted as meddlesome Interloper and a busy body as it is an internal affair of the APC. Best description for Atiku and co.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Temilade5078(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
😂😂😂...

Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Roger3D(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
I think the opposition should just accept Tinubu as our president for good or bad. This issue was the weakest link for the APC in the whole petition. Obidents and PDP guys try again in 2027. There's no mandate for you in 2023

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Jorussia(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
The Judgement was expected from the supreme court. The electoral act is clear on the issue of locus and the PDP was simply wasting d time of the court. BAT won d election fair and square. I pray he doesn't disappoint like PMB did.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Shigishege2: 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
A big set back for your life ambition. Don't worry they will beat you home and away

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by aare07(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
1-0

3 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by allthingsgood: 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
smh

3 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by LesbianBoy(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
Many of you will come here now and laugh.

You are free to laugh, infact mock him and obidients all you like......but what he said it's the bitter truth.

Nigeria is gone! Our fragile democracy has been scattered patapata!

Anybody who thinks there is renewed hope coming dey MENT seriously.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Justbeingreal(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2023
NOR BE NIGERIA? ALL THESE COURT CASES ARE GOING NO WHERE. I HAVE ACCEPTED THE REALITY ALREADY..

2 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Gppgn(f): 1:19pm On May 26, 2023
Tinubu won't be sworn in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Alliswell248: 1:19pm On May 26, 2023
Big setback for the sore losers.
Jagaban 100 - Noise makers 0.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Reelmii: 1:19pm On May 26, 2023
Dubai landlord grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by princeryle1: 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
Wailer

5 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Chuksyno(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
Nigeria had been sold tey tey

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Honestfrend: 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
Many will insult him... Because they don't know anything..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Successlane: 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
Actually the FINAL straw that broke the back of camel.

Atiku, you are not destined to be Nigeria president.

Just take this and accept it as your Kadara.

Don't even contemplate 2027, because the defeat you will suffer will make this one a child's play.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Olam09(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2023
Lol.. you never chishomshi.. i told you Tinubu is your president either you like it or not?

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC / $9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG / Guidelines On Easing Of Lockdown In The FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.