Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Romania - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Romania (32589 Views)

Nigerians In Romania / Study In Romania......advice Needed.... / Admissions into Romania Top University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romania by bokom(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
thanks so much kennybuda!, u are really indeed a brother!, well, my wife works and pays taxes, infact she has been working and paying taxes for almost 20 years now, but she is not based in Romania, she is living and working in a neighboring European country, but she owns a home in her name in Romania and she once owned a bizness in Romania too, she wants me to come to Romania 1st, and do all my paper work there and after getting my 5years card to join her to her base, hope for the fact her job and tax is not in Romania will not have any problems 4 me, since Europe is now one big family, well thanks once again for your help!
Re: Romania by kennybuda: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2012
@bokom
You dont have problem her house in romania covers everything for both of you to have adress together as husband and wife,You will get your resident permit in romania its very easy to obtain resident permit in romania when it comes to family things.
Re: Romania by lamunca: 7:18pm On May 18, 2012
dear friends, i was reading this forum (not all, too long...) because im a romanian now leaving in abuja as expat and im looking to help a friend getting to a romanian university... so google it until i found this
let me tell u something: nigeria is SO different from my country.. so many bad things, so many interesting things, so many good things... as expat i have also some benefits but...

DO NOT COMMENT FROM WHAT U SEE ON TV
COME, YOU'RE WELCOME (and everyone with a good mind and soul going to Romania will fill it)
YES, LIFE IN ROMANIA IS NOT EASY - FOR MY CRITERIA AS ROMANIAN - WHAT'S YOUR CRITERIA? then start speaking

so, if anyone want to give a serious hint about the way to get an entrance to a Romanian University (preferable Timisoara, but any other city will help), visa, costs... please drop me a line here

AND YES, ROMANIA IS NOT YET IN SCHENGEN BECAUSE THE NETHERLANDS HAVE A GOVERNMENT THAT DOES NOT ACCEPT BLACK PEOPLE, GIPSYS AND ROMANIANS...:-)

Think before speak
Re: Romania by kennybuda: 4:42pm On May 27, 2012
@lamunca
cefaci? universitate dim oradea
Re: Romania by flange: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
@lamunca .. okay im interested in studying electrical engineering in Romania .. how do i go about my admission proceedures .. anyone with useful information and experiences should let me know please
Re: Romania by kennybuda: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ flange, Greetings there is a tecnical school in cluj napoca google it. But i realy dont know if they are conected with politia frontier.
Re: Romania by Ortega01: 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
kennybuda: romania is not hell fire i was living there, poster apply for university of pitesti its cheap and beter @poster when you get the visa contact me i will connect you with nigerians in bucarest that will giude you cheers
Please i just got admission into babe bolyai in cluj napoca. I need help on how to get accommodation in cluj napoca
Re: Romania by Ortega01: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
lamunca: dear friends, i was reading this forum (not all, too long...) because im a romanian now leaving in abuja as expat and im looking to help a friend getting to a romanian university... so google it until i found this
let me tell u something: nigeria is SO different from my country.. so many bad things, so many interesting things, so many good things... as expat i have also some benefits but...

DO NOT COMMENT FROM WHAT U SEE ON TV
COME, YOU'RE WELCOME (and everyone with a good mind and soul going to Romania will fill it)
YES, LIFE IN ROMANIA IS NOT EASY - FOR MY CRITERIA AS ROMANIAN - WHAT'S YOUR CRITERIA? then start speaking

so, if anyone want to give a serious hint about the way to get an entrance to a Romanian University (preferable Timisoara, but any other city will help), visa, costs... please drop me a line here

AND YES, ROMANIA IS NOT YET IN SCHENGEN BECAUSE THE NETHERLANDS HAVE A GOVERNMENT THAT DOES NOT ACCEPT BLACK PEOPLE, GIPSYS AND ROMANIANS...:-)

Think before speak
Please i just got admission
into babe bolyai in cluj
napoca. I need help on how to
get accommodation in cluj
napoca
Re: Romania by topsyking: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
how long does it take to obtain EU ROMANIA ID , if you married to a romania...weeks or months.. kindly reply@ kennybuda
Re: Romania by lamunca: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
national ID takes years, at least 5. right to stay/work - months or less
Re: Romania by topsyking: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
lamunca: national ID takes years, at least 5. right to stay/work - months or less
thanks for the reply.. i mean the one you can use to travel around the eu country... i hear it easy to get in romania
Re: Romania by MissyKelly(f): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
As a Romanian citizen, reading all your “nice” opinions about Romania, I can’t stop laughing and say to myself: “Seriously, look who’s talking”!!!

As Nigerians, do you actually think that your country’s image in the world is much better than Romania’s? Or do you think all these so called “civilized” western European countries that are against Romanian joining Schengen, are so keen on welcoming Nigerians or any other immigrants?

Get your facts right, before you make an opinion! Therefore, I highly recommend you to open the history and political economy books; maybe you get an idea about the international interests that stand behind European Union policies (against or in favor of Romania).

If you consider yourselves intelligent & open minded people, you should know from experience that one must never believe everything is shown on tv, and that every country has their good, bad and ugly side & above all, every individual experience is different.

The way I see it, despite all I read & hear, I can travel to Nigeria and have the greatest experience of my life, while someone else can travel to the same destination and get robbed from the airport (or even worse)… the same goes for any of you, traveling to any country in this world.

If I were to judge Nigeria or any African country based on what I read or see on tv, then I’d never make any friends from there and I would have never got a change to discover the beauty and diversity of your culture. Ignorance is NOT bliss!!!

Back on the main topic, admission into Romanian Universities, one of my best friends is Nigerian and she just got admission to a University here in Bucharest, to continue her studies (Master program), so I will come back with my feedback regarding the whole admission process for foreign students (I was involved in most of the steps, from the application file to paying the tuition fees on her behalf).

Btw, in case you wonder, yes I am a woman and like many of my Romanian “sisters”, I think I manage pretty good, to speak in a few European languages, English included.

5 Likes

Re: Romania by topsyking: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Missy_Kelly: As a Romanian citizen, reading all your “nice” opinions about Romania, I can’t stop laughing and say to myself: “Seriously, look who’s talking”!!!

As Nigerians, do you actually think that your country’s image in the world is much better than Romania’s? Or do you think all these so called “civilized” western European countries that are against Romanian joining Schengen, are so keen on welcoming Nigerians or any other immigrants?

Get your facts right, before you make an opinion! Therefore, I highly recommend you to open the history and political economy books; maybe you get an idea about the international interests that stand behind European Union policies (against or in favor of Romania).

If you consider yourselves intelligent & open minded people, you should know from experience that one must never believe everything is shown on tv, and that every country has their good, bad and ugly side & above all, every individual experience is different.

The way I see it, despite all I read & hear, I can travel to Nigeria and have the greatest experience of my life, while someone else can travel to the same destination and get robbed from the airport (or even worse)… the same goes for any of you, traveling to any country in this world.

If I were to judge Nigeria or any African country based on what I read or see on tv, then I’d never make any friends from there and I would have never got a change to discover the beauty and diversity of your culture. Ignorance is NOT bliss!!!

Back on the main topic, admission into Romanian Universities, one of my best friends is Nigerian and she just got admission to a University here in Bucharest, to continue her studies (Master program), so I will come back with my feedback regarding the whole admission process for foreign students (I was involved in most of the steps, from the application file to paying the tuition fees on her behalf).

Btw, in case you wonder, yes I am a woman and like many of my Romanian “sisters”, I think I manage pretty good, to speak in a few European languages, English included.
ok
Re: Romania by MissyKelly(f): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Very fine, thanks!
Regarding your question I am not sure which type of residence card your are referring to:

a) Romanian student temporary residence card: as a student studying in a Romanian university.
As far as I know, once you apply for it, it doesn't take more than a month to obtain it (however, if you would like to travel within European Union countries, you's still need to apply for Visa - this student residence card doesn't grant you the right to travel freely in EU)

b) Romanian permanent residence card: it can be obtained through marriage with a Romanian citizen.
Most foreigners I know, once they've married, obtained it in a couple of months after applying.
The card is valid for 5 years and can be renewed (if any of the partners files for divorce meanwhile, the authorities withdraw the foreigner's card)
This card allows the foreigner (non-EU citizen), to travel within European Union countries (I think it does not include UK & Ireland), but from what I've heard, is very difficult to establish in another EU country if you travel without the Romanian spouse
If I recall correctly, after 5 years you are eligible to apply for Romanian citizenship under certain conditions.

An alternative to the above, is the residence card for foreign investors (who can prove they have the capital & business plan to invest a minimum of 100.000 EUR and create at least 10 to 15 new jobs in Romania).

You should know that in Romania we have a high level of bureaucracy, sometimes it all depends who you meet at the office to process your application and the mood the person is in (it's the same for us Romanians when interacting with our own Government institutions so don't take it personal, is just the way they are trained, to make our life a little more complicated).
So each experience is different... and in a weird way you may feel like Romania is not so different than Nigeria smiley))

There a lot of sources on the internet where you may find the information that you are interested in (Romania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Romanian university you are interested in or other fellow Nigerians that already went through this process and are willing to share the experience, but keep in mind that the laws here are changing continuously, so what yesterday was in place, today is old news).

Romania may not be UK or Switzerland, but many Romanian universities are very well known for the quality of their academic content (especially the medical universities), not to mention the school fees that are more accessible than in other EU countries.
What Romania will not offer you, as a foreigner, is the guarantee that once you graduate, you will obtain a job (of course, if you are married to a Romanian citizen it gets easier).

Regarding the salaries, they are not as high as in other EU countries but it depends on the domain:
As Software Engineer and all that concerns IT field, yes your salary most probably be comparable to the ones of the western professionals. Romanian is an important hub, providing services to most countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa... so if you are good with computers and/or speak some weird languages like Arabic, Chinese, Dutch or Danish, jobs are plenty and paid well.

However, as a Medical staff working in Romanian Public Health system, most doctors earn less than the lady who is sales assistant in a clothes shop (the situation is different for doctors who have their own private practice or work in private hospitals).

In a big city like Bucharest is very difficult to find people who do not speak English, as this is a standard requirement for most jobs... unless of course, you meet people who just just arrived from the village or are too shy to speak in English smiley)))

Hope I managed to answer your question, though I didn't mean to express it in such a looong posttongue

4 Likes

Re: Romania by topsyking: 1:23am On Nov 29, 2013
yes
Re: Romania by phatrat: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi Missy_kelly do you stay in Nigeria?
Missy_Kelly: As a Romanian citizen, reading all your “nice” opinions about Romania, I can’t stop laughing and say to myself: “Seriously, look who’s talking”!!!

1 Like

Re: Romania by MissyKelly(f): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
In the first 5 to 6 years yes it is possible, Immigration might suspect it was a marriage of convenience. However, if meanwhile you have children together, the case is different...
Anyway, the law is changing constantly so a good lawyer can give you the solution to any kind of situation... but why stress yourself to that level? Better focus on the positive aspects! wink

@phatrat: no, I don't.

topsyking: @Missy kelly .. thanks for the insight...so if you leave ur romania spouse, the card can be withdrawn
Re: Romania by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hello miss Kelly please help me, can u recommend me some cheap medical universities in romania that I can apply to for next year intake.
Re: Romania by billydragon: 6:35am On Dec 01, 2013
@miss kelly are there part-time jobs for prospective students in romania?
Re: Romania by MissyKelly(f): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Depends what you consider cheap... School fees for Medical universities, anywhere in the world, usually are the highest... As far as I've heard, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Timisoara had the cheapest fees this year - 3200 Euro (you can google the university, their website is available in English as well; check Admission for Non-EU citizens).

Beside the annual school fee, you should take into consideration the money you'll need to translate & legalize all your documents necessary for registration, VISA process and the amount they require you to have with you upon arrival in Romania (it varies from university to university).
Good luck!

Doneze: Hello miss Kelly please help me, can u recommend me some cheap medical universities in romania that I can apply to for next year intake.

1 Like

Re: Romania by Ortega01: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Missy_Kelly: In the first 5 to 6 years yes it is possible, Immigration might suspect it was a marriage of convenience. However, if meanwhile you have children together, the case is different...
Anyway, the law is changing constantly so a good lawyer can give you the solution to any kind of situation... but why stress yourself to that level? Better focus on the positive aspects! wink

@phatrat: no, I don't.

Hello Missy Kelly,
pls i lost my admission this year at university of babes bolyai, cluj napoca due to in sufficient funds... But i still want to migrate to Romanian without studying there...
Which way can i migrate to Romania? And if u know any other way of migrating can u please assist me? Thank you
Re: Romania by MissyKelly(f): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
Unfortunately I am not able to advise you, as it's not my field of expertise.
As a personal opinion, the student visa is the most accessible to obtain... and yes, you do need a lot of money, not only for the school fees, but also to sustain yourself here.
If we are talking about legal ways to travel to Romania, you can apply for tourism, business or visit visa (for this last type you'd need to have invitation from a Romanian citizen who can prove they have the financial means to sustain the visit for the entire period you are coming for visit)
The authorities do not grant them that easily, you can google the requirements to obtain any of these Romanian visas for Nigerian citizens.

Either way, money is the key and it's a short term solution, as even if you arrive here, your visa will have an expiration date and Immigration won't give you "papers" just because you are already here.
Meanwhile, if you are still interested in getting admission into a medical university here in Romania, there is an organization called "Med student advisors" which offers consultancy to people interested in accessible study abroad opportunities... maybe they can advise you about a financial plan to fund your education.
Good luck!

Ortega01:

Hello Missy Kelly,
pls i lost my admission this year at university of babes bolyai, cluj napoca due to in sufficient funds... But i still want to migrate to Romanian without studying there...
Which way can i migrate to Romania? And if u know any other way of migrating can u please assist me? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Romania by gowaga68: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
MissyKelly: well done! I just need to ask you one or two things regarding Romania, my first question is At what rate does most Universities give foreign students admission and Don't they have other good course other than Medicine?
thanks in advance.
Re: Romania by segunojo866: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2017
justwise:

I guess your right, i know somebody that went through that process though both of them lives in Romania but the marriage did not work out because the bobo was busy sleeping with anything under the skirt.
hahahahahaha
Re: Romania by topsyking: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
this is your only contribution to years ago thread...smh
segunojo866:
hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Romania by segunojo866: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
topsyking:
this is your only contribution to years ago thread...smh
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Police Officers Escape Death In Third Mainland Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.