Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach (29061 Views)

Zuckerberg Loses $7 Billion In Hours As Facebook Plunges / Hackers Steal $40 Million Worth Of Bitcoin In Massive Security Breach / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by nlfpmod: 4:31pm On May 27, 2023
Nigerian Bitcoin and crypto marketplace Patricia, has shut down fund withdrawals following a security breach that compromised Bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/WhaleChart/status/1662445478657638401

Patricia identifies one culprit of security breach in which customer funds were stolen

Digital asset marketplace Patricia has reported losing bitcoin and naira assets in a breach. Patricia says that in the ongoing investigations, it has found one of the culprits and is still trying to recover the lost funds.

Cryptocurrency marketplace Patricia recently announced that its retail trading application, Patricia Personal, had been breached. The company stated that only its bitcoin and naira assets had been compromised, while other crypto assets remain unaffected. The startup also assured its customers and merchants that their assets were secure and measures were being taken to recover the compromised assets. The company announced that it has identified one of the culprits and temporarily suspended withdrawals on its mobile and web apps to get a handle on the situation.

In the email to its users, Patricia hinted that it may have become a target for hackers due to its increased popularity as a bitcoin exchange platform. The company, which was founded five years ago after Hans Fejiro lost his gift card to fraudsters, initially started as a gift card exchange platform. Currently, the company reportedly handles 30,000 daily transactions and serves 850,000 users. Acknowledging the risks associated with public recognition, the company stated in the email, “We have quickly become a household name, receiving prestigious awards worldwide. And that comes with a fair share of risks.”

The startup clarified that out of its three arms—Patricia Personal, Patricia OTC Desk, and Patricia Business—only Patricia Personal, the retail trading application, was affected by the breach. However, the company decided to temporarily suspend withdrawals on the app itself due to ongoing internal restructuring.

While not disclosing specific details about the breach suffered by the platform, the company mentioned in the email that it has identified an individual within the syndicated group responsible for the breach. It expressed its commitment to pursuing this lead and collaborating with security agencies and other partners to conduct a thorough audit of the situation and recover the assets.

As of now, TechCabal has not been able to confirm the exact value of the lost assets, which culprit Patricia has identified or how much the company has been able to recover.

https://techcabal.com/2023/05/26/patricia-identifies-one-culprit-of-security-breach-in-which-customer-funds-were-stolen/

We have a much needed update for you.

https://twitter.com/PatriciaSwitch/status/1662049215772516352

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Creamcrest(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2023
Crypto is a scam,we have warned you dickheads several times.

Where are those shitcoins that promised to turn people into billionaires overnight?

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by RisenJoe(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2023
Seems like an inside job just like most hacks that affects financial institutions.

I hope they are insured by the ndic or else na oyo be the case of the depositors.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by DropsMic(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2023
This was why i shutdown my own crypto trading platform. Person no fit close two eye sleep.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Tampa6246(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2023
E don sup

1 Like

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Chatflick(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2023
Useless people. It's over 4 years and still I haven't received my debit card. Your business will collapse. Nonsense

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by tito44: 4:38pm On May 27, 2023
Na so e dey start 😀

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by amerengues(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2023
Oops
Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by YeyeGbami: 4:38pm On May 27, 2023

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Squirrel1(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2023
Nnhh

1 Like

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Risingblue008(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2023
See

1 Like

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2023
Ff

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by inoki247: 4:39pm On May 27, 2023
Lol I even think say the boy wey wan send me BTCc from Patricia dey lie so dere money don trap like this thank God I don't use all this type of jargons wallet....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Britishcoins(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2023
Opay loading
... Same thing will soon happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Careful4u: 4:40pm On May 27, 2023
lol crypton that nearly ended my life when my blockchain (2BTC) was hacked!

..And the worst thing about crypto is that u could see who and where ur money is being moved to but can't do shhiit about it grin grin grin

Will never do that shiitt anymore nor advise anyone otherwise grin grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by dondodo: 4:40pm On May 27, 2023
OBI is coming

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Bunnatex(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2023
This will send a negative message to the users and they may never recover from this....

Last last, all are risky

9 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Squirrel1(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2023
They shud cut losses n give customers their money. That was how that useless ftx squandered customer deposit last year. In this case, it might just be a similar senario masked under hack lol.

We way de game no how dem de play am.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by folake4u(f): 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
I run go check my Piggyvest app now now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Squirrel1(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
inoki247:
Lol I even think say the boy wey wan send me BTCc from Patricia dey lie so dere money don trap like this thank God I don't use all this type of jargons wallet....
omo ehn. It's very scary.

4 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by abbey621(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
Cash out season, this is what happens when any mofo can just pop up with a company name and start convincing people to use its platform. Promoted by the so called influencers, nobody ever questioned their security policy or legitimacy.

How easy would it be for them to steal customers' funds and then blame it on hacker or breach?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by airsaylongcome: 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
Exit strategy.

Why did they decide to bury this news by making this public on the long inauguration weekend? Monday being a "work free day" (not public holiday, insight on what to expect from the new people)

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by citylantern: 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
Like play like play e go turn to rough play shocked

2 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by hardbody: 4:41pm On May 27, 2023
I have made conscious efforts to not understand how this crypto and blockchain shi works. My mind is at rest. One of the laws of gold says I should not send money on an errand that it doesn't understand. In my books, all these cryptos and all are such messages.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Icrave4u: 4:42pm On May 27, 2023
Could be an inside job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by inoki247: 4:42pm On May 27, 2023
Squirrel1:
omo ehn. It's very scary.

Lol Anything apart from Binancee I no dey....

9 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Kobicove(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2023
Another one bites the dust? sad

5 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by obembet(f): 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
Na binance and Metamask I dey use, I no dey trust Nigeria wallet before

17 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by lexy2014: 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
Chatflick:
Useless people. It's over 4 years and still I haven't received my debit card. Your business will collapse. Nonsense

Most of these nigerian start ups and payment platforms seem to always have one issue or the other. They all just don't seem to be able to deliver on the hype they hype themselves

7 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by Abokiijebu: 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
Creamcrest:
Crypto is scam,we have warned you dickheads several times.

Where are those shitcoins that promised to turn people into billionaires overnight?

crypto is a scam? Are u normal Sir? Abi dis symptoms of poverty?

23 Likes

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by obajoey(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
all these people just dey run us levels, flutter comes to mind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patricia Suspends Withdrawal; Loses Funds Due To A Security Breach by H2ho(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2023
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Stop Investing In MMM" - CBN Warns Nigerians Again / 3 Men Arrested In Benue Catholic Church Over Ponzi Scheme / How The Founder Of MMM Nigeria Mavrodi Was Found And Arrested For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.