Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up (3163 Views)

Supporters, Security Agents Scramble For Souvenirs At Tinubu Swearing-In (Video) / May 29: Preparation In Top Gear At Eagle Square For Tinubu Swearing In (Photos) / APGA Chairman & Governor Soludo Frustrated Me - Peter Umeadi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by kmaster007: 6:17am On May 29, 2023
The Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi has declared that the inauguration of Bola Tinubu as the President of Nigeria would strengthen him.

He made the submission on Sunday while speaking during a Twitter spaces session.

Naija News recalls Tinubu defeated Obi and other candidates at the February 25 presidential elections in Nigeria but the Labour Party candidate disagreed with the election results as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and has vowed to reclaim his ‘stolen mandate’ at the tribunal.

Speaking during the Twitter event just a few hours before the Monday, May 29th inauguration of Tinubu as the new President of Nigeria, Obi stated that he is not giving up or backing down on his resolve to secure “his mandate.”

He added that he is very much aware that it is going to be a long battle but he remains focused and won’t give up.

Obi however urged his followers and supporters not to give up, but continue praying for Nigeria and do the right thing always.

In his words, “I didn’t start this journey in a single day; I knew it’s not going to be easy. The inauguration will strengthen me.”

“I know how dampened you are that your effort did not come the way you wished. We are in a battle with an entrenched establishment. We are in a long battle. Even me, I know that the journey ahead is tough; they will make allegations, blackmail, and all sorts of things, but I am ready.

“I thank you for your sacrifice and I ask that you do not feel dampened. Thanks for the sacrifice; thanks for being part of this greatness.

"Please as we go through this pain, let us stay together. Let us do the right thing. Nobody can claim to be a saint, I am not. I could have done something unknowingly in the past. “I plead that you stay focused. This is about transformation which takes time.”

8 Likes

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by muykem: 6:26am On May 29, 2023
Peter Obi that lost election and also digging his future failure. How can Peter Obi defeat Tinubu in Nigeria election. Is Nigeria look like Biafra?

Assuming it is possible, I would have like to see rerun between Peter Obi and Tinubu.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by money121(m): 6:29am On May 29, 2023
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by XY23: 6:35am On May 29, 2023
To those whose president has become a deity that no man hears from, except through proxies, I salute you, and possibly for the next 4 years. My president inspires me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by stp211: 6:42am On May 29, 2023
May God help us. The problem in the Land is Lack of JUSTICE.

2 Likes

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Westerhoffe(m): 6:47am On May 29, 2023
Na una sabi.
I'm for myself biko… because nobody knows me.
undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Sltp: 7:04am On May 29, 2023
muykem:
Peter Obi that lost election and also digging his future failure. How can Peter Obi defeat Tinubu in Nigeria election when there is an INEC?. Is Nigeria look like Biafra?

Assuming it is possible, I would have like to see rerun between Peter Obi and Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2023
kmaster007:
The Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi has declared that the inauguration of Bola Tinubu as the President of Nigeria would strengthen him.

He made the submission on Sunday while speaking during a Twitter spaces session.

Naija News recalls Tinubu defeated Obi and other candidates at the February 25 presidential elections in Nigeria but the Labour Party candidate disagreed with the election results as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and has vowed to reclaim his ‘stolen mandate’ at the tribunal.

Speaking during the Twitter event just a few hours before the Monday, May 29th inauguration of Tinubu as the new President of Nigeria, Obi stated that he is not giving up or backing down on his resolve to secure “his mandate.”

He added that he is very much aware that it is going to be a long battle but he remains focused and won’t give up.

Obi however urged his followers and supporters not to give up, but continue praying for Nigeria and do the right thing always.

In his words, “I didn’t start this journey in a single day; I knew it’s not going to be easy. The inauguration will strengthen me.”

“I know how dampened you are that your effort did not come the way you wished. We are in a battle with an entrenched establishment. We are in a long battle. Even me, I know that the journey ahead is tough; they will make allegations, blackmail, and all sorts of things, but I am ready.

“I thank you for your sacrifice and I ask that you do not feel dampened. Thanks for the sacrifice; thanks for being part of this greatness.

"Please as we go through this pain, let us stay together. Let us do the right thing. Nobody can claim to be a saint, I am not. I could have done something unknowingly in the past. “I plead that you stay focused. This is about transformation which takes time.”
U no add CRY!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Okiton: 7:13am On May 29, 2023
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by saucygal193: 7:15am On May 29, 2023
Alright.

There's always a price to pay.
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:20am On May 29, 2023
There will be no rerun, Obi will be declared winner by the courts because he actually won the election
muykem:
Peter Obi that lost election and also digging his future failure. How can Peter Obi defeat Tinubu in Nigeria election. Is Nigeria look like Biafra?

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Vivianat(f): 7:21am On May 29, 2023
Obi should learn to shut up

3 Likes

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Vivianat(f): 7:22am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:
There will be no rerun, Obi will be declared winner by the courts because he actually won the election
This is absolute madness

1 Like

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Illegal1(m): 7:29am On May 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Na una sabi. I'm for myself biko… because nobody knows me. undecided

omoh......no be lie ooh my brother..
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Goodlady(f): 7:31am On May 29, 2023
Gba fun oga re. Accept your master!

2 Likes

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:32am On May 29, 2023
Do critical analysis and dont be gullible.

Tinubu did not win Lagos, Osun, Kano, Katsina,
Rivers, Kaduna, Abuja...how the hell did he win?

INEC rigged him in by shutting down IREV so collation is manual and manipulation and mutilation cannot be seen immediately
Vivianat:

This is absolute madness
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by SwissMass: 7:33am On May 29, 2023
He is wasting his time
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Illegal1(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:

omoh.......too late to cry wen the head is cut off,no nigeria court will unsit a sitting president...

no judge will make such pronouncement..
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by SwissMass: 7:34am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:

INEC rigged him in by shutting down IREV so collation is manual and manipulation and mutilation cannot be seen immediately
INEC also rigged for Atiku, why did Atiku trashed Peter girigory Obi to third position

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Westerhoffe(m): 7:35am On May 29, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh......no be lie ooh my brother..

grin
Abi na…
Political thug or politician supporter is the one thing I'll never ever think of being. Not even if I reincarnate.
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2023
If you put Obi's votes that were allocated to Tinubu, Obi won the election. It will be proven in court
SwissMass:
INEC also rigged for Atiku, why did Atiku trashed Peter girigory Obi to third position
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2023
Tinubu will be the first president to be removed by the court or providence
Illegal1:

omoh.......too late to cry wen the head is cut off,no nigeria court will unsit a sitting president...

no judge will make such pronouncement..
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by SwissMass: 7:42am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:
If you put Obi's votes that were allocated to Tinubu, Obi won the election. It will be proven in court
Yes you are right, Obi won because only igbos voted during the election

1 Like

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Illegal1(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:
Tinubu will be the first president to be removed by the court or providence

omoh.......continue ur dream in peace
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2023
Obi won Lagos, Nasarawa, Abuja, Plateau...are these Igbo states?

Water enter your sense!
SwissMass:
Yes you are right, Obi won because only igbos voted during the election
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by PStacks(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2023
Sha no drink poison Ooo
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by babz11(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:

You yet to wake up to reality
How on earth will you win a presidential election in Nigeria without pulling big numbers in the north maybe you should do the math yourself
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by DMerciful(m): 7:57am On May 29, 2023
Obi won Lagos 900k+, he was given only 500k, the rest given to Tinubu, same with Rivers,Plateau, Botno. His votes were given to tinubu. If those votes are returned, Obi won hands down!

Dont worry, let the court proceedings start on Tuesday
babz11:

You yet to wake up to reality
How on earth will you win a presidential election in Nigeria without pulling big numbers in the north maybe you should do the math yourself

1 Like

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Starboytwo(m): 8:00am On May 29, 2023
DMerciful:
till then I guess.
Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by wahahlawahala: 8:06am On May 29, 2023
stp211:
May God help us. The problem in the Land is Lack of JUSTICE.
same lP members wey no follow court order want justice..*spits*.. disobedients😂.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu’s Swearing-in Will Do To Me – Peter Obi Opens Up by Khyrvxjzy: 8:07am On May 29, 2023
it better for obi to go silent and come back bigger and better in 2027 if not he will lose his relevance with talk talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Gets 2015? North Or East? / The House Tinubu Built / National Assembly Election Results Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.