Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,517 members, 7,847,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu (604 Views)

Your Money Will Not Expire: Oshiomhole Denounces Buhari's Naira Policy (video) / Which Candidate Will Benefit From Buhari’s Naira Policy? - Farooq Kperogi / Reno Omokri Review Buhari's Speech At The Inauguration Of His Campaign Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu by saintbillion(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at his inaugural speech today, May 29, promised to review the Naira redesign policy of his predecessor, Muhammadu Buhari.

Tinubu who noted that the new and old currency notes would be treated as legal tender, added that the Central Bank of Nigeria must work towards a unified exchange rate.

He said;

“Monetary policy needs thorough house cleansing. The Central Bank must work towards a unified exchange rate. This will direct funds away from arbitrage into meaningful investment in the plant, equipment and jobs that power the real economy.

“Interest rates need to be reduced to increase investment and consumer purchasing in ways that sustain the economy at a higher level. Whatever merits it had in concept, the currency swap was too harshly applied by the CBN given the number of unbanked Nigerians.

“The policy shall be reviewed. In the meantime, my administration will treat both currencies as legal tender.”

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/ill-review-buharis-naira-redesign-policy-tinubu.html

Re: I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu by madridguy(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2023
grin
Re: I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu by Toosure70: 4:10pm On May 29, 2023
Useless policy .

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu by Creamypie(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2023
Remove emefike and his team first and probe their always hacking and pilfering my money 2k go miss. No alert, no record for daily statement, and regularly, for account wey no get ATM card
Re: I’ll Review Buhari’s Naira Redesign Policy – Tinubu by Jostoman: 5:12pm On May 29, 2023
They want to review what they plan together.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC: Why We Arrest Feyami / On Chimaroke's Post-election Loss Disorder. / Nigeria Is Not A Real Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.