Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? (2171 Views)

I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by airsaylongcome: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

People building a startup won't come out on Nairaland everyday and try to convince everyone they're building a startup just so they'd get some validations and sympathy likes... Him saying he's building 2 startups is obviously rubbish an as result of severe inferiority complex.

He wants so if you ask him why he's yet to get a remote job despite millions of applications he's sent he'd tell you he has two startups currently located on localhost.

Located on localhost! Hahahahahahahahaha! You are not nice at all!!! The localhost sef may be XAMPP or Bitnami Wamp stack. He may not even know how to deploy independently deploy apache and mysql or how to even load balance them.

If you ask him to setup two VMs on Virtualbox, deploy his "guru start-up software" on one and access it on the other, he'd be be confused and lost.
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by Sulele04(m): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2023
qtguru:
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/17934357?key=1c9a94b9a5cd79c1d6a03db683f51eb5

I recorded a small video, you can do some consultancy while waiting for startups.
Good morning boss.

I want to learn Chrome extension development for Upwork/Fiverr, although I don't know JavaScript well I know I can easily pick it up, cause I know C#.

Please can you recommend to me a course or book on extension development, also I might need your guidance to get started in freelancing.

I am an 100 lvl Ui cs student, and I want to start making passive income cause this country hard.

Thanks in advance boss.

1 Like

Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by LikeAking: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

People building a startup won't come out on Nairaland everyday and try to convince everyone they're building a startup just so they'd get some validations and sympathy likes... Him saying he's building 2 startups is obviously rubbish an as result of severe inferiority complex.

He wants so if you ask him why he's yet to get a remote job despite millions of applications he's sent he'd tell you he has two startups currently located on localhost.

Point of correction I have built, not building..

Dey play.

In addition to that I have also built a no code builder for next JS Apps. I will extend to the others soon.

You fall my hand when I observed you have bought into the Nigerian excuses..

No doubt, e get how things be, but real men no suppose dey mention am..

When u mature u go understand..
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by LikeAking: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Located on localhost! Hahahahahahahahaha! You are not nice at all!!! The localhost sef may be XAMPP or Bitnami Wamp stack. He may not even know how to deploy independently deploy apache and mysql or how to even load balance them.

If you ask him to setup two VMs on Virtualbox, deploy his "guru start-up software" on one and access it on the other, he'd be be confused and lost.

U no go kill person.
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
LikeAking:

Point of correction I have built, not building..

Dey play.

In addition to that I have also built a no code builder for next JS Apps. I will extend to the others soon.

You fall my hand when I observed you have bought into the Nigerian excuses..

No doubt, e get how things be, but real men no suppose dey mention am..

When u mature u go understand..

I didn't buy into any Nigerian excuses grin

Your entitlement mentality is what stinks grin
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by Sulele04(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Sulele04:

Good morning boss.

I want to learn Chrome extension development for Upwork/Fiverr, although I don't know JavaScript well I know I can easily pick it up, cause I know C#.

Please can you recommend to me a course or book on extension development, also I might need your guidance to get started in freelancing.

I am an 100 lvl Ui cs student, and I want to start making passive income cause this country hard.

Thanks in advance boss.

Good evening, Qtguru.

Still expecting your response boss. 🙏
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by qtguru(m): 1:58am On Jun 03, 2023
Sulele04:

Good evening, Qtguru.

Try udemy, I only read the official doc
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by gimakon2(m): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
LikeAking:

Nonsense coming from a graduate, who is so scared of questioning or finding solutions to problems..

If the whites were thinking this way, they won't create anything reasonable.. You are mad at me co I created a very thoughtful thread about the tech industry in Nigeria..

Nigga, let me repeat it agian, you are not built for greatness.. You don't have the mindset of af a successful person.

Continue decieving your self..

Why my guru up dey pain you na?

Continue reasoning like a dumb Nigerian...

Too Exclusive makes of $5 mill per year... A startup most not be open AI and co.. Seun also has NL and makes good money..

It's dumb Nigerians like you that's dragging us backwards..

Stop reading face book success stories, instead read NL success stories..

I dey help a dumb nigga like you with my guru up knowledge.

Dude listen.
When you talk like this, you begin to make me question your ability to develop apps for the so called public audience you claim to try amass..

Let me tell you one thing , insulting people because you want them to believe your idea or force them to take your advice in the name of guru up knowledge is not a good one, I see the names you call out to people here, how about making them see reasons with you in a polite way, discuss with them , share ideas, than making a thread to try to mock people , o wrong na. If them no accept , let it go. Not everyone will believe in you or your idea. It's a fact we have to live with. How about minding your own business and building your so called startup and seek people to invest in your business idea. The time you will use to make your company a C-Corp, you use it to brawl, fight, and do this, people would basically see it "shamborin" Like, and intermittently, not want to have anything to do with you, your business idea or your startup.
We have crossed roads before, but for maturity sakes, is the strong reason I spare out time to talk to you and try to see if you can be reasonable.

Building a startup is hard. You would build a product, do marketing on several social media accounts, so many things... You wouldn't know why many of them chose to stick with working remotely at this time. To amass funds , maybe , to gather experience with foreign companies , one of them you call names at works for a DevFactory sister company, and has exposure he lived in several countries before coming home. When you talk about greatness , insulting people to speak of greatness should not be taken into book. Rather than share information to help, you'd have shared information to feel high and thine.
No be so them day do am sha.

Greatness comes with responsibility, I deem it you are responsible, building a startup doesn't make you 100% responsible , idiots build startup too. Ability to showcase your maturity and holding your mouth in discussions (no matter how provocative) also speaks volumes.. and shows full picture and potential of responsibility... remember, you'd have UI/UX devs , backend , frontend , HR etc. And many of them come from very different backgrounds, these are your subjects, Like the commander in chief, you would preside over them. Na em be say, if anyone says no, you go burn them fire or chook them knife be that. grin

Now , I don't expect you to take it all cool with me, but pls do reason along with the small advice I have given you. It will most definitely go a long way.

Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by gimakon2(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
Sulele04:

Good evening, Qtguru.

1.) You need to have good understanding of Javascript.
2.) Have you tried watching some YouTube videos? Advice , I can search some and share..
Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by LikeAking: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
gimakon2:

Dude listen.
When you talk like this, you begin to make me question your ability to develop apps for the so called public audience you claim to try amass..

Let me tell you one thing , insulting people because you want them to believe your idea or force them to take your advice in the name of guru up knowledge is not a good one, I see the names you call out to people here, how about making them see reasons with you in a polite way, discuss with them , share ideas, than making a thread to try to mock people , o wrong na. If them no accept , let it go. Not everyone will believe in you or your idea. It's a fact we have to live with. How about minding your own business and building your so called startup and seek people to invest in your business idea. The time you will use to make your company a C-Corp, you use it to brawl, fight, and do this, people would basically see it "shamborin" Like, and intermittently, not want to have anything to do with you, your business idea or your startup.
We have crossed roads before, but for maturity sakes, is the strong reason I spare out time to talk to you and try to see if you can be reasonable.

Building a startup is hard. You wouldn't know why many of them chose to stick with working remotely at this time. To amass funds , maybe , to gather experience with foreign companies , one of them you call names at works for a DevFactory sister company, and has exposure he lived in several countries before coming home. When you talk about greatness , insulting people to speak of greatness should not be taken into book. Rather than share information to help, you'd have shared information to feel high and thine.
No be so them day do am sha.

Greatness comes with responsibility, I deem it you are responsible, building a startup doesn't make you 100% responsible , idiots build startup too. Ability to showcase your maturity and holding your mouth in discussions (no matter how provocative) also speaks volumes.. and shows full picture and potential of responsibility... remember, you'd have UI/UX devs , backend , frontend , HR etc. And many of them come from very different backgrounds, these are your subjects, Like the commander in chief, you would preside over them. Na em be say, if anyone says no, you go burn them fire or chook them knife be that. grin

Now , I don't expect you to take it all cool with me, but pls do reason along with the small advice I have given you. It will most definitely go a long way.

Think about it.

You are too quick to judge.

Check very well those guys insulted me first..

You guys are over reacting to this simple question...

It's just a question, but some of you have taken it personal..

We we fail to ask important questions like this from time, else we will be telling our children the same stories our parents told us.

We Nigerians hate change, or any challenge and we just love the status quo.

In a sane society this question will be welcomed with positivity, because questions like this will awaken the sleeping gaint in us.

A society like Nigeria will treat this question like a plauge..

I believe we can do better in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: So If Romote Work & Freelancing No Dey, Naija Devs Can't Do Something Else? by gimakon2(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
LikeAking:

You are too quick to judge.

Check very well those guys insulted me first..

You guys are over reacting to this simple question...

It's just a question, but some of you have taken it personal..

We have to ask important questions like this from time, else we will be telling our children the same stories our parents told us.

I believe we can do better in Nigeria..

On the contrary, I am not insulting you. I was just trying my very best to put you in the Right light as the very usual.
Do it like this, See it they want to be earning the USD from remote jobs , gigs and what have you. At the same time, they know within them, there are still problems , so anyday they finish, they would come back to utilise the resources from their gains to do what - Work on their business idea, pay for google playstore and appstore and deploy their apps - It is their thinking , and the way they wonna do their things!

Now, why not allow them? Face your own business idea , Create questionnaires and share with people in order to know what challenges people have, and build on it, rather than pitch an idea to everyone else. Just do you. Not everyone wants to listen, even Jesus our savior, not everyone liked him.

You have the idea to be a CEO and a Founder of a Company someday, why not act like one and carry yourself like one.
Even if being insulted , or you insulted first, turn a blind eye. And moving forward, only speak on ideas you want to build with people you both have like minds.

Una just day bash una sef for no justified reason.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can IT Certifications Get Me a Profitable Job With My Third Class Degree / Synchronize Tow Mysql Databases (remote And Local) / BB OSv10 Ships With Qt C++ Libraries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.