Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Resolved. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resolved. (589 Views)

Bauchi Assembly crisis resolved, as factional speaker, APC lawmakers take oath / Zamfara Stalemate Will Be Resolved Before Elections – Buhari / Face-off Between Oshiohmole And Ngige To Be Resolved Amicably, Says Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resolved. by finallybusy: 2:19pm On May 30, 2023
Okay. That was fun. Thanks for the contributions. Protests are useless in the country and lead to nothing for the common man — unless when backed by opposition figures with a goal in mind. No wonder Oshiomhole became a governor after all was said and done.
Re: Resolved. by Bobloco: 2:39pm On May 30, 2023
The hypocrisy being exhibited by the same individuals who objected to it in 2012 needs to be studied

1 Like

Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2023
Chasing away a South south president, just because of where he came from. grin

6 Likes

Re: Resolved. by finallybusy: 2:40pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:
I thought it was the Boko Haram situation which caused that.

2 Likes

Re: Resolved. by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:44pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

Spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 2:45pm On May 30, 2023
Occupy Nigeria was led by yorubas and northerners who desperately hated Jonathan.

It was a waste of time and was only possible because Jonathan was a gentleman.

I wish it was used for something better like protesting the killings in the middle belt. But they don’t care as long as it’s not happening to them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resolved. by richidinho(m): 2:47pm On May 30, 2023
They will soon arrive with Peter Obi's tweet supporting subsidy removal grin

As if they knew what Obi promised us before removing the subsidy

No be to bribe everybody enter power o, if e didnt dey, e didnt dey

3 Likes

Re: Resolved. by Vischy: 2:49pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:

We can't forget how Tinubu and his mumu Apc supporters protested against fuel subsidy removal in 2012 to spite Jonathan because he's from south-south.

Shameless people

4 Likes

Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 2:51pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:

No, never.

Boko killed more people under bubu and the people were all happy and applauding the slaughter grin

4 Likes

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 2:53pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

No, never.

Boko killed more people under bubu and the people were all happy and applauding the slaughter grin

Estimated 63,000 people died under bubu. Not a single word. Everyone that attacked Jonathan kept quiet for 8 years

4 Likes

Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 2:54pm On May 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Estimated 63,000 people died under bubu. Not a single word. Everyone that attacked Jonathan kept quiet for 8 years

They even gave him a heroes welcome yesterday for the killings grin

3 Likes

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 2:55pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

They even gave him a heroes welcome yesterday for the killings grin

Sad reality we find ourselves in this god forsaken country.

2 Likes

Re: Resolved. by finallybusy: 2:56pm On May 30, 2023
Vischy:

We can't forget how Tinubu and his mumu Apc supporters protested against fuel subsidy removal in 2012 to spite Jonathan because he's from south-south.

Shameless people
I don’t support any party. I believe things are different now. Nigeria didn’t own the largest petroleum refinery in Africa at the time.
Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 2:57pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:
I don’t support any party. I believe things are different now. Nigeria didn’t own the largest petroleum refinery in Africa at the time.

Another one of them grin

3 Likes

Re: Resolved. by marlow1962(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2023
Shettima to rule una, then una eyes go clear.
Funny tin, apc supporters no fit go work, even the ones wer be agbero no fit go moto park today.
If na to carry obi matter them go Sabi.
You dy support person wer em and em family they pull up S550, but you die hard fans they suffer, you're really cursed.

1 Like

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 3:02pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:

Well let’s wait and see. Dangote is yet to start refining. I believe July is the set time. Hopefully after that, PMS should be affordable for all Nigerians. No more excuses.

1 Like

Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Well let’s wait and see. Dangote is yet to start refining. I believe July is the set time. Hopefully after that, PMS should be affordable for all Nigerians. No more excuses.

If Dangote solves this fuel madness, I will swallow my tongue. Dangote has always been a tool in the hands of oppressors. How has cement fared since dangote was allowed to dominate that market?

Dangote is part of the problem, not a solution.
Re: Resolved. by Vinnie2000(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2023
Tinubu, Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, SW media sponsored the Protests @Ojota Park dat 2012. sad

Dat's Why it pains me when Jonathan recently embraced Tinubu
and was shining his Yeye teeth with Emilokan. 😒😕

2 Likes

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 3:07pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

If Dangote solves this fuel madness, I will swallow my tongue. Dangote has always been a tool in the hands of operators. How has cement fared since dangote was allowed to dominate that market?

My brother I will give them the benefit of doubt and wait for dangote. They better hope he saves them because it will be big wahala if fuel price is not low and abundant for Nigerians. That will destroy all their excuses.

1 Like

Re: Resolved. by horsepower102: 3:10pm On May 30, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Tinubu, Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, SW media sponsored the Protests @Ojota Park dat 2012. sad

Dat's Why it pains me when Jonathan embraced recently Tinubu
and was shining his Yeye teeth with Emilokan. 😒😕

Jonathan’s priority is to keep Nigeria one. He believes political instability will break up Nigeria. That’s why he wanted to support INEC by embracing tinubu immediately. He did the same for buhari even though buhari threatened his life in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Resolved. by finallybusy: 3:16pm On May 30, 2023
horsepower102:

My brother I will give them the benefit of doubt and wait for dangote. They better hope he saves them because it will be big wahala if fuel price is not low and abundant for Nigerians. That will destroy all their excuses.
Low? I doubt. Abundant? Not really. However, it will make the situation stable for at least four years.
Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:21pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:
I’ve asked this question multiple times and it’s obvious the average Nigerian has a short memory.

Eleven years on, what did the week-long Occupy Nigeria protests of 2012 achieve?

The same result the ENDSARS protests achieved....zero.

Thing about these protests...they are a phenonenom only in the cities...and among a subset of city dwellers. They are not national in nature, and do not achieve a lot of change.

The only way to achieve change in Nigeria is to get out, join a party and work for change from within. But many of these protesters view parties as the playthings of the elite....which in essence means they lose out on influencing people enmasse.

2 Likes

Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

If Dangote solves this fuel madness, I will swallow my tongue. Dangote has always been a tool in the hands of oppressors. How has cement fared since dangote was allowed to dominate that market?

So, if you were selling rice , that cost you N12000 PER 5kg sack to buy, at N15000 to earn a profit of N3000 per sack, would you let the government come in and tell you to sell that sack of rice at N3000 to help the poor?

Dangote is an employer like all others. His cost of doing business is too expensive...especially since we don't have light 24 hours a day. So, naturally cement is expensive. Then he has to pay employees, taxes at federal and state (and some of those states like Kogi are enforcing collection firmly), has to pay for community development projects, and a host of other things...things that a foreign cement company does not pay for.

But we don't live in a country where the government says YOU MUST BUY DANGOTE CEMENT, OR ELSE YOU WOULD BE THROWN INTO A PIT FILLED WITH COBRAS....there are at least 2-3 other cement companies. BUA and Lafarge dey.

Honestly, you guys should stop this oppressor's comment. If you want cheap prices, say so. But suppliers, employees, taxes, and a host of other people and companies have to be PAID. and that payment impacts on the cost of cement or petrol.
Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, if you were selling rice , that cost you N12000 PER 5kg sack to buy, at N15000 to earn a profit of N3000 per sack, would you let the government come in and tell you to sell that sack of rice at N3000 to help the poor?

Dangote is an employer like all others. His cost of doing business is too expensive...especially since we don't have light 24 hours a day. So, naturally cement is expensive. Then he has to pay employees, taxes at federal and state (and some of those states like Kogi are enforcing collection firmly), has to pay for community development projects, and a host of other things...things that a foreign cement company does not pay for.

But we don't live in a country where the government says YOU MUST BUY DANGOTE CEMENT, OR ELSE YOU WOULD BE THROWN INTO A PIT FILLED WITH COBRAS....there are at least 2-3 other cement companies. BUA and Lafarge dey.

Honestly, you guys should stop this oppressor's comment. If you want cheap prices, say so. But suppliers, employees, taxes, and a host of other people and companies have to be PAID. and that payment impacts on the cost of cement or petrol.

Dangote is running a near monopoly in the areas he operates. He is allowed to do this while others are made to pay huge taxes or pack up.
Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

Dangote is running a near monopoly in the areas he operates. He is allowed to do this while others are made to pay huge taxes or pack up.

What monopoly...

Cement: BUA, Lafarge, Ibeto....

Petrol....there are 20 extant licences for refineries issued, apart from Dangote 4-5 have built something, then NNPC is also renovating its refineries, and BUA is building its own refinery.

If Dangote was running monopoly, them companies won't exist.

Dangote is not running a monopoly.

Am sure you think that coca cola is running a monopoly in the soft drinks business.... cheesy
Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

What monopoly...

Cement: BUA, Lafarge, Ibeto....

Petrol....there are 20 extant licences for refineries issued, apart from Dangote 4-5 have built something, then NNPC is also renovating its refineries, and BUA is building its own refinery.

If Dangote was running monopoly, them companies won't exist.

Bua is also like Dangote, announced, Lafarge is foreign owned, still operating on the fringes, Ibeto, bombed out with taxes and regulations, and lack of licences to operate during the Obasanjo era. Dangote has the capital which was pooled from the past, that's why he has built a refinery while Adenuga has gone bankrupt.

Again, Dangote is a protected businessman almost running a monopoly.
Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

Bua is also like Dangote, announced, Lafarge is foreign owned, still operating on the fringes, Ibeto, bombed out with taxes and regulations, and lack of licences to operate during the Obasanjo era. Dangote has the capital which was pooled from the past, that's why he has built a refinery while Adenuga has gone bankrupt.

Again, Dangote is a protected businessman almost running a monopoly.

Be like you guys don't understand what a monopoly is.

If he was running a monopoly.....BUA, Lafarge and company won't be in existence at all. It would all be dangote.

I know you guys don't like dangote, but he ain't running a monopoly.
Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Be like you guys don't understand what a monopoly is.

If he was running a monopoly.....BUA, Lafarge and company won't be in existence at all. It would all be dangote.

I know you guys don't like dangote, but he ain't running a monopoly.

I said almost a monopoly, you are ignoring my comment and arguing with yourself. Go and reread what I wrote. Haba!
Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:55pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

I said almost a monopoly, you are ignoring my comment and arguing with yourself. Go and reread what I wrote. Haba!

Not even almost a monopoly.

You guys, you really should stop giving a canine a bad name in order to get rid of it.

Dangote is not running a monopoly, or an almost monopoly. Take it or leave it.
Re: Resolved. by successmatters(m): 3:57pm On May 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Not even almost a monopoly.

You guys, you really should stop giving a canine a bad name in order to get rid of it.

Dangote is not running a monopoly, or an almost monopoly. Take it or leave it.

Just admit you were wrong, I am not angry at you.
Re: Resolved. by nairalanda1(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2023
successmatters:

Just admit you were wrong, I am not angry at you.

Actually, you are wrong.

Good evening. You Nairalanders don't know how to accept truth when you see it.

(1) (Reply)

Obidient: Don't Take Me To The Realm Of Politics, Election Are Over- Oshiomhole / VC And Fouye Management Team Visits Chef Damilola In Ado-ekiti(pictures) / Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.